HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

The Sitwell Enterprises League Discussion Thread

Closed Thread

Old
11-30-2012, 11:29 PM
PasswordIsTaco
2012 & 2014

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
I was going to type this...but... well.

Yeah.
It had to be said haha.

Old
11-30-2012, 11:45 PM
CBJ All The Way
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbokan View Post
Your 5 game winning streak was because you played everyone's CPU when you weren't supposed to...
I played 2 and feel bad about it you are playing my CPU our next matchup

Old
11-30-2012, 11:45 PM
matt1396

**** I'm never playing a game at night again!!!! I honestly cannot win games at night, I don't know why I can't but I always play like a bag of **** at night, at least during the day my games are competitive but at night I always suck. So **** this if you guys want to play me ill only play during the day never at night.

Old
11-30-2012, 11:47 PM
ThePsychicSaw

Quote:
I was going to type this...but... well.

Yeah.
maybe we should get a GM veto going. or at least be giving an ultimatum. then if that happens a veto on that franchise trade for kane to go back to fresh rosters?

Old
12-01-2012, 12:07 AM
ChuckWoods

Quote:
Your 5 game winning streak was because you played everyone's CPU when you weren't supposed to...
That is because he is only allowed on xbox during weekends.

Not sure if the Commish was aware of this.

Of course he is going to play as many as possible!

Old
12-01-2012, 12:10 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckWoods View Post

Yes, he knows.

The arrangement is that all games on windows contained to Monday-Thursday are CPU playable for CBJ. Basically, the "last day" rule doesn't hold for him, because he will never be on.

In this case, CBJ messed up. He's acknowledged it. It sucks for the two teams he beat, but its done with.

This league actually works out a bit better for him than most--because playing the CPU is built in.

Old
12-01-2012, 12:13 AM
PasswordIsTaco
2012 & 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckWoods View Post

I messaged him and asked him when he wanted to play. He told me tonight. I logged in, and the game had already been played. If he's only on on the weekend, that doesn't mean he gets to play everyone's CPU whenever he pleases, he still has to follow the rules of the league.

Old
12-01-2012, 12:17 AM
ThePsychicSaw

Quote:
I messaged him and asked him when he wanted to play. He told me tonight. I logged in, and the game had already been played. If he's only on on the weekend, that doesn't mean he gets to play everyone's CPU whenever he pleases, he still has to follow the rules of the league.
and because of those question marks, the way he plays in game, and the instant franchise player trade, I really don't know why we aren't looking to replace him. Why try to force it with so many variables?

Old
12-01-2012, 12:21 AM
CBJ All The Way
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePsychicSaw View Post
and because of those question marks, the way he plays in game, and the instant franchise player trade, I really don't know why we aren't looking to replace him. Why try to force it with so many variables?
Are you Ok?

Old
12-01-2012, 12:22 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
If anything, he acquired a franchise player, no?

He gave up a good # 2 defenseman and a top-six winger for a franchise-caliber forward.

I don't think the trade should an issue here.

CBJ, you get why you can't just play the CPU, right?

Basically, if you can't get the games in, you can play CPU on Sunday, assuming you've tried to get in touch with the human players. I'm sure any additional early CPU games will be dealt with?

First offense. I say give him a stern warning and move on. There's been a happy dynamic in this league so far. No need for the animosity...yet.

Old
12-01-2012, 12:25 AM
CBJ All The Way
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

He gave up a good # 2 defenseman and a top-six winger for a franchise-caliber forward.

Basically, if you can't get the games in, you can play CPU on Sunday, assuming you've tried to get in touch with the human players. I'm sure any additional early CPU games will be dealt with?

First offense. I say give him a stern warning and move on. There's been a happy dynamic in this league so far. No need for the animosity...yet.
Yes I effed up and I feel bad, what days can a play peoples CPU's and are there Set Sim days throughout the week?

Nevermind Just saw that the commish had it on the main page

Old
12-01-2012, 12:28 AM
ThePsychicSaw

Quote:

oh the trade in and of itself is fine. It's the timing of it, the first block in a very ordered league, from a GM that is monstrous question mark for so many other reasons.

thats how im looking at it babe

Old
12-01-2012, 12:29 AM
CBJ All The Way
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
oh the trade in and of itself is fine. It's the timing of it, the first block in a very ordered league, from a GM that is monstrous question mark for so many other reasons.

thats how im looking at it babe
what are the question marks?

Old
12-01-2012, 12:31 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJ All The Way View Post
Yes I effed up and I feel bad, what days can a play peoples CPU's and are there Set Sim days throughout the week?

Nevermind Just saw that the commish had it on the main page
Basically, assuming that you make a good-faith effort to contact your opponents and schedule games, you are permitted to play their CPU on the 3rd day of each 3 day window.

Old
12-01-2012, 12:32 AM
CBJ All The Way
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Basically, assuming that you make a good-faith effort to contact your opponents and schedule games, you are permitted to play their CPU on the 3rd day of each 3 day window.
alright thanks for the help man!

Old
12-01-2012, 12:39 AM
ThePsychicSaw

I've shared my concern from my experiences, no need to beat a dead horse.

Old
12-01-2012, 12:50 AM
CBJ All The Way
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
I've shared my concern from my experiences, no need to beat a dead horse.
Your the only player that has ever had a problem with my gameplay quite frankly I'm done talking to you, you have no idea what your talking about and you need to take it down a few notches man! I think your getting way to worked up about it, take a few deep breaths Every little thing is gonnnna be alright

Old
12-01-2012, 12:55 AM
ThePsychicSaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJ All The Way View Post
Your the only player that has ever had a problem with my gameplay quite frankly I'm done talking to you, you have no idea what your talking about and you need to take it down a few notches man! I think your getting way to worked up about it, take a few deep breaths Every little thing is gonnnna be alright
um? haha what? I'm quite calm, doesn't mean I can't be adamant about how unfitting you are for a league of this caliber.

Old
12-01-2012, 01:02 AM
matt1396

Quote:
um? haha what? I'm quite calm, doesn't mean I can't be adamant about how unfitting you are for a league of this caliber.
if your complaining about him using a heavy poke check get used to it, this entire league uses it.

Old
12-01-2012, 01:52 AM
ThePsychicSaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt1396 View Post
if your complaining about him using a heavy poke check get used to it, this entire league uses it.
i know you two are buddies and all, but you could just, you know, read my posts.

Old
12-01-2012, 02:25 AM
slightlystewpid420

Alright seriously you both need to calm down. There's no room for childish bickering. If you guys want to keep arguing over the stupidest **** ill just replace both of you. Find a way to play nice. Or don't play at all. It's a game, it's the first week of a new league, people make mistakes, no need to send everyone to the stake for messing up.

Old
12-01-2012, 08:52 AM
SUBdrewgANS
born into trouble

Send a message via AIM to SUBdrewgANS
Not to be rude.. but can you only play xbox on the weekends.. or are only ALLOWED to play xbox on the weekends? Like is someone keeping you from doing so?

How will that work on a 3 day sim period? there will be some sims that will not even fall on the weekend.. seeing as how there are 7 days of the week.. what do your opponents do then? play your CPU? seems very problematic.

Old
12-01-2012, 09:10 AM
CBJ All The Way
HFBoards Sponsor

Yes Mis padres won't let me play the Xbox during the week til I get all A's. and yes my opponents are free to play my CPU Monday-Wednesday. If we were to advance on a Wednesday or Thursdays I would ask that no one plays my computer because I will be on the XBOX on Friday. And if we happen to advance on a Sunday morning I could get all my games in that day. The commissioner already knows my predicament and we devised a plan so no need to worry
Thanks! CBUS GM

Old
12-01-2012, 09:29 AM
noexult
HFBoards Sponsor

if we sim on either Wednesday, Thursday or Friday, we will play your cpu before those sims are done most likely.

Old
12-01-2012, 09:30 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUBdrewgANS View Post
Not to be rude.. but can you only play xbox on the weekends.. or are only ALLOWED to play xbox on the weekends? Like is someone keeping you from doing so?

How will that work on a 3 day sim period? there will be some sims that will not even fall on the weekend.. seeing as how there are 7 days of the week.. what do your opponents do then? play your CPU? seems very problematic.
Basically, this is what we decided early on--well the commissioner did. CBJ all the Way indicated his interest in the leauge, and I brought this up. It has caused some problems in other leagues, but there's no mechanism for playing the CPU regularly in those leagues.

His availability should be compatible with the league's schedule--obviously he takes a massive hit by having to have his CPU play so much, but if he's willing to do it, I don't see a problem.

(We might run into trouble during the hyper off-season, or if CBJ snuck into the playoffs. Given that his CPU will be playing so much, the latter might be tricky, and we'll just need to figure out how to deal with the off-season when we get to it.)

Closed Thread