HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Red Wings prospect Riley Sheahan arrested for drunk driving but wait....

Old
11-30-2012, 02:22 AM
Xokkeu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
You get in a lot more trouble when you don't cooperate and Sheahan did. It is different depending on where you are, but underage drinking is ticketed and pushed in a lot of places but not with the aggression you are stating. The tricky part is that he is a foreign worker, but his offense from Notre Dame has been taken off his record. Really he goes down as a first time violator for both offenses. I would be surprised if this taken to the serious degree legally that you are saying.

Also there is a decent chance while watching the video did he get miranda rights, the audio was weak? Was he able to understand them, was any conversation he had admissible? The fact he pleaded not guilty makes me question some of that. I am not a legal expert but there are bunch of questions here and chances are he is going to have a very good lawyer. He will be punished, but I doubt deported and I doubt he sees the maximum penalties in terms of jail time with this offense. I hope he learns his lesson that is most important. But the lack of charges on Smith suggest they are having trouble with that angle at least in terms of Smith that is probably a good sign legally.
DUI is much different than MC of course, but I've been around a few small towns where the police force took minor drinking to be the equivalent of hard core drug smuggling. I don't think Grand Rapids probably cares as much because they are a relatively big city with real problems. The DUI is another story but often with a good lawyer you can get that expunged from your record, although blowing a .3 might be a problem.

Xokkeu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 08:26 AM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by AD1066 View Post
Anyone posted the dashcam video yet? (Mods, am I allowed to post this here?)

http://www.wzzm13.com/video/default....=1995093121001
What a tool.

Tuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 02:01 PM
Dr.Sens(e)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomas W View Post
He better not do this again, that's all I have to say.
If he does, let's hope it's not front page news. And that would be because he is bagging groceries back in small town Ontario (I say as a fellow Ontarian).

He had one chance already, and 0.30 is ridiculous,. The fact he drove somewhere while sober before this, with the intent to get drunk is enough for me to say, he needs some time in jail, and hopefully his contract is torn up.

If I had to guess, he'll do it again if given the chance. Shame on the Wings if they let that happen while he is part of their organization. Send a message and cut him adrift.

Dr.Sens(e) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 04:47 PM
Konnan511
#FreePulu

Send a message via AIM to Konnan511
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
You get in a lot more trouble when you don't cooperate and Sheahan did. It is different depending on where you are, but underage drinking is ticketed and pushed in a lot of places but not with the aggression you are stating. The tricky part is that he is a foreign worker, but his offense from Notre Dame has been taken off his record. Really he goes down as a first time violator for both offenses. I would be surprised if this taken to the serious degree legally that you are saying.

Also there is a decent chance while watching the video did he get miranda rights, the audio was weak? Was he able to understand them, was any conversation he had admissible? The fact he pleaded not guilty makes me question some of that. I am not a legal expert but there are bunch of questions here and chances are he is going to have a very good lawyer. He will be punished, but I doubt deported and I doubt he sees the maximum penalties in terms of jail time with this offense. I hope he learns his lesson that is most important. But the lack of charges on Smith suggest they are having trouble with that angle at least in terms of Smith that is probably a good sign legally.
As with all charges, you ALWAYS plead not guilty and accept a lesser charge. In this case he will probably try and fight for OWVI (operating while visually impaired).

We've all had our fun, I just hope this is his wake up and he acts more like an adult from here on out.

Konnan511 is offline   Reply With Quote