HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

KHL in 5 years?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-20-2013, 05:07 PM
  #126
Thesensation19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,365
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helo View Post
How do you see the league developing in the next 5 years?
Maybe teams from sweden/finland/Switzerland/germany will be joining the league?
Maybe the first KHL winter classic will be played?
What do you see in the future?
As far as I see it, the KHL is heavily trying to push to be the ultimate hockey league in Europe meaning they want the best teams all over Europe from Finland and Sweden to Croatia and Italy.

Do I see all the best leagues in Europe surrendering to the KHL in 5 years? Not really but I can see a league that is fully expanded.

They are inspiring teams like Medvescak (Croatia) and Milano (Italy) to be better franchises in hopes they will join the KHL ranks. And I think in 5 years not only will these teams be part of the KHL but other teams in countries like Slovakia, Czech, Ukraine joining.

I see 2 or 3 NHL all stars or strong talented players signing contracts to play in the KHL and thus inspiring more youth to stay and play for their league.

Thesensation19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 05:09 PM
  #127
vorky
@vorkywh24
 
vorky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 6,448
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfire View Post

The bolded part sounds kind of arrogant. You never know what happens.
I respect your opinion, it is always great to have another point of view. I wanted to start with these words.

A few years ago, maybe a decade, russians made social-bussiness observation in Germany. Q was if there was support (bussiness, public etc) of international hockey league based in Russia. (btw. today called KHL). Germans did not support the idea thes days. Now, KHL claims that a few german clubs are interested in joining. Believe it or not. I think that some truth is there. (I hope this is right proverb, I can not speak german: Wo Rauch ist, ist auch Feuer).

Look, 2008/09 - news that czech club Energie Karlovy Vary joins KHL soon. Nothing happened. 2010 - Lev Hradec Kralove, another czech club to join KHL. Refused by CSLH. 2011/12 - slovak club Lev Poprad, owned by czechs from Karlovy Vary, played KHL. 12/13 - Lev Prague playing KHL. What does all these clubs have in common? People behind scenes - czech russians. The goal was to have czech club in KHL, now we have czech club in KHL. Mission completed.

It is similar in Germany. I think. Why does KHL want Milan and suiss team Helvetics in KHL? Just to have one italian, one suiss club? So, only 2 clubs from West (if using words of cold war), from countries which are economically wealthy (ok, Italy). You know, Slovakia and Czech rep are not the biggest euro ecomonies. Does KHL really want only 2 clubs in West? Why not a clubs from euro biggest economy (which btw have good connections to russian bussiness). IMO KHL needs and wants german clubs/market. One day, will have it. Nobody cares if a german club is with tradition and support or new one without fans. Mission completed, thats the goal. Yes, I dont agree with such attitude, dont like this way of using power but it is reality. Last year was created marketing company in czech rep, KHL vicepresident is in board. Why? What is the goal of company? Why is there KHL vicepresident?

IMO KHL wanted swedish clubs back in 2008-09, AIK case. Swedes rejected, KHL changed strategy from nordic expansion to central europe.

Why was Champions Hockey League abandoned after inaugural season? Due to financial crisis? Yes or no, you can choose. Btw, KHL was affected by financial crisis as well, but was not abandoned (and did not refuse expansion plan). KHL did not want such competition (big influence of Swedes/NHL) in Europe, didnt want Champions league. Only a opinion, think about it. It seems that rebirth of Champions League/ European Trophy could happen. KHL is involved. Why? Would be such Champions Hockey League ruled by KHL? Maybe yes. If not, why would KHL support it?

Finnish club in talks with KHL. True or not? Who knows.

MHL, junior, feeder of KHL, seems to plan euro expansion (central europe). Why?

This KHL expansion is easy to understand. Just look at South Stream vs Nabucco as I wrote. There were big plans with Nabucco in past. Now,South Stream is reality. Nabucco is history. The same hockey. There were plans to have Champions League.... but KHL expansion is "under constration". Yes, Champions League can be rebirth as alternative, as Nabucco can be build as alternative of South Stream. But, make is sense?

You to know, I did not react only to you, but generally, to sum up KHL expansion in my eyes.


Last edited by vorky: 01-21-2013 at 09:13 AM.
vorky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 05:11 PM
  #128
kajoo
Registered User
 
kajoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 816
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfire View Post
Ok then what are we talking about? If there is no interest on either side, why all the talk about expanding into Germany?
all the "talk" was only part of hypothetical discussion from 2 months ago for Christs sake.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfire View Post
your books are wrong then. Success isn't defined by making money but by making money in relation to the money spent and no KHL club is successful according to that criteria.
love these romantic theories. Aside Bayern Munich, I doubt there is a sports club in Germany that is spending less or equal to theirs revenues (gate income, merchandising, tv-money). Every sports team is (more or less) dependant on sponsorship money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfire View Post
There are no big fishes in german hockey. If a german team joined the KHL as it is right now it's certainly not because they are bored but probably because they can't survive in their domestic league. That's why people here speculated about Munich and Düsseldorf.
who struggles financially in DEL will never make it to KHL, to begin with, DEL´s average budget is round 4x less than KHL´s.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfire View Post
The bolded part sounds kind of arrogant. You never know what happens.
bolded part is identical with what I wrote 2 sentences earlier.

And its beyond me whats arrogant on believing that KHL is future, especially when there is no other alternative.


Last edited by kajoo: 01-20-2013 at 05:29 PM.
kajoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 05:22 PM
  #129
kajoo
Registered User
 
kajoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 816
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter25 View Post
I don't even understand why the KHL needs these countries. To grow the sport? How would growing hockey in Germany benefit Russia? Although it would be good to have one or two German teams with competitive rosters in the KHL (as long as the financing comes from Germany and not from Russia).
How is NHL benefiting form expanding to the middle of desert (Phoenix) ? Tropical paradises like California + Florida have nearly as much teams (5) as craddle of hockey, Canada (7)

When NHL can expand to the Phoenix, than I see nothing wrong in KHL expanding to places where hockey has some (although limited) traditions. Nothing wrong in being ambitious.

kajoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 06:46 PM
  #130
Jussi
I am siege face
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Finland
Posts: 42,351
vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter25 View Post
I agree with you wholeheartedly. I am a Finn myself and believe me, Finnish media is as russophobic as it gets. Our biggest newspaper Helsingin Sanomat is extremely anti-Russian. YLE (our public TV-channel) recently started to publish weekly columns about Russia written by Jarmo Mäkelä in YLE's website. I cannot accept that this kind of garbabe is published in a public newschannel. His columns can be read in here (only in Finnish): http://yle.fi/uutiset/venajan_verkossa/

In Finland you have to read alternative or foreign media to get a realistic picture of Russia. The "mainstream" media is just too biased and it has too much political agenda.


I'm sure the Russian posters here have already come to realize Peter25 is one of Johan Bäckman's disciples. More pro-Kreml than any Russian here. Do don't pay any attention to what he says about the Russia-Finland relationship.

Jussi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 07:17 PM
  #131
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!
 
Mathradio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 9,472
vCash: 500
The KHL will not look the same in 5 years than it would now. However, it must not overexpand.

I believe it is best for any expansion bid to be made on an invitational basis.

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 06:53 AM
  #132
VladNYC
Registered User
 
VladNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 6,542
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
I respect your opinion, it is always great to have another point of view. I wanted to start with these words.

A few years ago, maybe a decade, russians made social-bussiness observation in Germany. Q was if there was support (bussiness, public etc) of international hockey league based in Russia. (btw. today called KHL). Germans did not support the idea thes days. Now, KHL claims that a few german clubs are interested in joining. Believe it or not. I think that some truth is there. (I hope this is right proverb, I can not speak german: Wo Rauch ist, ist auch Feuer).

Look, 2008/09 - news that czech club Energie Karlovy Vary joins KHL soon. Nothing happened. 2010 - Lev Hradec Kralove, another czech club to join KHL. Refused by CSLH. 2011/12 - slovak club Lev Poprad, owned by czechs from Karlovy Vary, played KHL. 12/13 - Lev Prague playing KHL. What does all these clubs have in common? People behind scenes - czech russians. The goal was to have czech club in KHL, now we have czech club in KHL. Mission completed.

It is similar in Germany. I think. Why does KHL want Milan and suiss team Helvetics in KHL? Just to have one italian, one suiss club? So, only 2 clubs from West (if using words of cold war), from countries which are economically wealthy (ok, Italy). You know, Slovakia and Czech rep are not the biggest euro ecomonies. Does KHL really know only 2 clubs in West? Why not a clubs from euro biggest economy (which btw have good connections to russian bussiness). IMO KHL needs and wants german clubs/market. One day, will have it. Nobody cares if a german club is with tradition and support or new one without fans. Mission completed, thats the goal. Yes, I dont agree with such attitude, dont like this way of using power but it is reality. Last year was created marketing company in czech rep, KHL vicepresident is in board. Why? What is the goal of company? Why is there KHL vicepresident?

IMO KHL wanted swedish clubs back in 2008-09, AIK case. Swedes rejected, KHL changed strategy from nordic expansion to central europe.

Why was Champions Hockey League abandoned after inaugural season? Due to financial crisis? Yes or no, you can choose. Btw, KHL was affected by financial crisis as well, but was not abandoned (and did not refuse expansion plan). KHL did not want such competition (big influence of Swedes/NHL) in Europe, didnt want Champions league. Only a opinion, think about it. It seems that rebirth of Champions League/ European Trophy could happen. KHL is involved. Why? Would be such Champions Hockey League ruled by KHL? Maybe yes. If not, why would KHL support it?

Finnish club in talks with KHL. True or not? Who knows.

MHL, junior, feeder of KHL, seems to plan euro expansion (central europe). Why?

This KHL expansion is easy to understand. Just look at South Stream vs Nabucco as I wrote. There were big plans with Nabucco in past. Now,South Stream is reality. Nabucco is history. The same hockey. There were plans to have Champions League.... but KHL expansion is "under constration". Yes, Champions League can be rebirth as alternative, as Nabucco can be build as alternative of South Stream. But, make is sense?

You to know, I did not react only to you, but generally, to sum up KHL expansion in my eyes.
You know, often when I am on this forum I think, "Wtf am I doing here?" Then you post things like this and I remember that there are some enlightened people here.

VladNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 06:54 AM
  #133
VladNYC
Registered User
 
VladNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 6,542
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post


I'm sure the Russian posters here have already come to realize Peter25 is one of Johan Bäckman's disciples. More pro-Kreml than any Russian here. Do don't pay any attention to what he says about the Russia-Finland relationship.
Jussi I think your posts regarding Russia in this forum have proved Peter's point many times over.

VladNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 08:02 AM
  #134
Jussi
I am siege face
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Finland
Posts: 42,351
vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by VladNYC View Post
Jussi I think your posts regarding Russia in this forum have proved Peter's point many times over.
I don't believe I've talked about Russia as a country much in this forum. Feel free to give examples.

Jussi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 08:08 AM
  #135
Peter25
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,796
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kajoo View Post
How is NHL benefiting form expanding to the middle of desert (Phoenix) ? Tropical paradises like California + Florida have nearly as much teams (5) as craddle of hockey, Canada (7)
The NHL is a North American league where most of the teams and most of the money comes from the United States. Expanding the sport to new areas in the US benefits US hockey. If the NHL generates more interest for hockey in California or Arizona then it is likely that more kids will choose to play hockey there and the US hockey will get stronger in general.

If the KHL expands to Germany I don't see any similar benefits for Russian hockey. Fine, i don't have a problem in German expansion of the KHL if, and only if, the financing comes from Germany. This would not benefit Russian hockey but it would make the KHL a better league.

But I'm skeptical about this happening. Unfortunately a German expansion would require Russian money meaning that Russian money would have to be invested in German hockey instead of Russian hockey. Russian resources would have to be squandered to Germany with no benefit for Russia.

Peter25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 08:13 AM
  #136
ozo
Registered User
 
ozo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Latvia
Posts: 2,752
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to ozo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter25 View Post
But I'm skeptical about this happening.

ozo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 08:13 AM
  #137
Peter25
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,796
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
Do don't pay any attention to what he says about the Russia-Finland relationship.
Anybody who understands Finnish and reads Finnish mainstream media can see that it is extremely anti-Russian. Helsingin Sanomat is the worst, but YLE and Alma Media are not too far behind.

The way Jarmo Mäkelä writes about Russia in YLE would not be possible if the subject was any other country than Russia. It would be politically incorrect. It would be labelled as hate-speach or xenophobic. But in Finland what is normally politically incorrect is often politically correct when it comes to Russsia.

Peter25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 08:16 AM
  #138
Jussi
I am siege face
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Finland
Posts: 42,351
vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter25 View Post
Anybody who understands Finnish and reads Finnish mainstream media can see that it is extremely anti-Russian. Helsingin Sanomat is the worst, but YLE and Alma Media are not too far behind.

The way Jarmo Mäkelä writes about Russia in YLE would not be possible if the subject was any other country than Russia. It would be politically incorrect. It would be labelled as hate-speach or xenophobic. But in Finland what is normally politically incorrect is often politically correct when it comes to Russsia.
Your rose covered view of anything Russia is well known to every Finn reading Jatkoaika forums, so you're not exactly the right person to talk about bias. For such a fennophobic person, why haven't you moved to Russia from Finland yet?


Last edited by Jussi: 01-21-2013 at 08:22 AM.
Jussi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 08:28 AM
  #139
Peter25
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,796
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
Your rose covered view of anything Russia is well known to every Finn reading Jatkoaika forums, so you're not exactly the right person to talk about bias.
I don't have a rose-colored view of Russia. I consider myself to be a realist. I know enough of Russia to recognize that most of the things written about Russia in the mainstream media is BS and/or has a political agenda. Jarmo Mäkelä is our version of Edward Lucas, but there are other similar characters frequently quoted in our mainstream media.

When our mainstream media writes it's "news" about Russia it has almost always a very negative tone. They choose to interview only "opposition activists" such as Navalny or Nemtsov or people working for western-paid NGO's such as Lilia Shevtsova, and expect the readers to accept their view of Russia.

Peter25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 08:42 AM
  #140
Jussi
I am siege face
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Finland
Posts: 42,351
vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter25 View Post
I don't have a rose-colored view of Russia. I consider myself to be a realist. I know enough of Russia to recognize that most of the things written about Russia in the mainstream media is BS and/or has a political agenda. Jarmo Mäkelä is our version of Edward Lucas, but there are other similar characters frequently quoted in our mainstream media.

When our mainstream media writes it's "news" about Russia it has almost always a very negative tone. They choose to interview only "opposition activists" such as Navalny or Nemtsov or people working for western-paid NGO's such as Lilia Shevtsova, and expect the readers to accept their view of Russia.
All your knowledge of Russia comes from the internet, at least YLE has reporters living and working in Russia. Hell, even the posters at Jatkoaika who live in Russia have to correct you constantly. Some posters even here have done it.

I rest my case. Pro-Kreml as always.

Besides, this has little to do with "KHL in 5 years", you just had to sidetrack this discussion so that you could express your russophilia.

Jussi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 08:45 AM
  #141
Peter25
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,796
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
All your knowledge of Russia comes from the internet
Not all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
at least YLE has reporters living and working in Russia.
And this is supposed to prove what? Edward Lucas was the Economist correspondent in Russia for many years. Are we supposed to take his views seriously because of that?

Peter25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 05:03 PM
  #142
vorky
@vorkywh24
 
vorky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 6,448
vCash: 500
moved

Quote:
Originally Posted by kajoo View Post
coming from someone who suggested Slovak fans to learn russian if they want to buy a game from KHL.ru site.

"product" is something you can buy btw, which isnt KHL´s case it seems, at least wasnt in case of Barys x Slovan game etc. Sometimes it looks like KHL´s priority isnt making money (cant adapt to fans needs, trying to sell silly full season package 7 games before end of regular season, no easy two-clicks buy of single games for internet simpletons etc) but at the same time, money are issue when selling TV rights to obscure TVs with zero coverage ? Fans are confused because they have no idea how and where to watch Slovan games, they have good reasons to complain.
Did you understand at least 1% of my post you quoted?

1.Russia and BRICS want to use own currency, not dollar. Is it not a suprise that KHL supports russian economy/banks, not banks of US/Switzerland (to create account in Suiss bank as Faterson suggested). Why dont you understand it? I have many emails from fans who wanted to pay for khl streams. I helped them (thx to Faterson) and they are happy now. Your attitude is "giving up" as I wrote. It is easy to use PayPal than develop own system, so give up and use PayPal. I dont like this attitude to be honest. People claim KHL is stupid not to use PayPal, such a great opportunity with lockout, could have a lot of money. Maybe is KHL more clever than people think. If you like history you know that history is not the scenes which happened, but things which were behind scenes. Today it seems as stupid move not to use PayPal, maybe we wil tell a decade later that it was great move. I remind you my discussions with slovak fans in 2008/09 season. They claimed: It is not possible KHL to expand here in Europe, Slovakia. No chance Slovan to play KHL. Today, the same people are sitting at Slovnaft arena at every KHL game. Funny, right? To sum up, according to them - bad idea (to expand) in 2008, great idea today.

2.It is only my opinion that money are issue when selling TV rights. I dont work for KHL, so I dont know what they think. Look, TV is better tool to promote KHL than KHL gamecenter (which is really only for hardcore fans). There is more money for KHL from TV rights than from KHL gamecenter (if at NHL level). So yes, TV rights are above Gamecenter for KHL NOW. It make sense. I agree, it needs to be developed.

3.package - it is called strategy. And as you know, it is not so easy to change strategy during season.

vorky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 05:16 PM
  #143
ebis
Registered User
 
ebis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Czech Republic
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 380
vCash: 500
I don't agree with the broadcasting part. I know that SportTV offered the best price, but that seems rather short-sighted. Making the games available to the largest possible audience should be a priority, even if it temporarily makes less money. It is an investment that will pay off in the long run.

How is it smart to sell the rights for all games of the only Slovak team to a Hungarian TV that almost noone in Slovakia can watch?

ebis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 05:40 PM
  #144
vorky
@vorkywh24
 
vorky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 6,448
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebis View Post
I don't agree with the broadcasting part. I know that SportTV offered the best price, but that seems rather short-sighted. Making the games available to the largest possible audience should be a priority, even if it temporarily makes less money. It is an investment that will pay off in the long run.

How is it smart to sell the rights for all games of the only Slovak team to a Hungarian TV that almost noone in Slovakia can watch?
1.Nobody cares if TV is originally located in Hungary. Not important.
2.Do you know what one (maybe biggest) condition of KHL when selling tv rights is that local broadcaster (SportTV) has to make signal from home games of Slovan in our case? What slovak television can do that? NovaSport - ok, but KHL is not their no.1 priority. Markiza - does they have sport department? Equipment in HD if possible? Joj - the same as Markiza. RTVS - it is pointless to talk. Did I miss anybody?

It is not only about selling tv rights (paycheck), but also about cooperation with KHL TV. I can imagine not all slovak broadcasters are intersted in this cooperation.

SportTV had disadvantage that was not in basic package (Sport2). As I know, it is not an issue anymore.

vorky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 05:57 PM
  #145
ebis
Registered User
 
ebis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Czech Republic
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 380
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
1.Nobody cares if TV is originally located in Hungary. Not important.
2.Do you know what one (maybe biggest) condition of KHL when selling tv rights is that local broadcaster (SportTV) has to make signal from home games of Slovan in our case? What slovak television can do that? NovaSport - ok, but KHL is not their no.1 priority. Markiza - does they have sport department? Equipment in HD if possible? Joj - the same as Markiza. RTVS - it is pointless to talk. Did I miss anybody?

It is not only about selling tv rights (paycheck), but also about cooperation with KHL TV. I can imagine not all slovak broadcasters are intersted in this cooperation.

SportTV had disadvantage that was not in basic package (Sport2). As I know, it is not an issue anymore.
I didn't know that, that certainly changes a few things. Still, that's not an unsolvable problem.

As far as I know, Sport2 is still not part of the basic package. Or has that changed lately?

ebis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 06:04 PM
  #146
vorky
@vorkywh24
 
vorky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 6,448
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebis View Post
I didn't know that, that certainly changes a few things. Still, that's not an unsolvable problem.

As far as I know, Sport2 is still not part of the basic package. Or has that changed lately?
ok, my bad. Sport2 was added to Magio. Dont know if basic or not. Still, better than before.
http://www.satelitnatv.sk/2012/12/po...kanal-sport-2/

vorky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 03:39 AM
  #147
kajoo
Registered User
 
kajoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 816
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
Did you understand at least 1% of my post you quoted?
I´m trying hard but honest to god, some things are beyond my understandings.



Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
1.Russia and BRICS want to use own currency, not dollar. Is it not a suprise that KHL supports russian economy/banks, not banks of US/Switzerland (to create account in Suiss bank as Faterson suggested). Why dont you understand it? I have many emails from fans who wanted to pay for khl streams. I helped them (thx to Faterson) and they are happy now. Your attitude is "giving up" as I wrote. It is easy to use PayPal than develop own system, so give up and use PayPal. I dont like this attitude to be honest. People claim KHL is stupid not to use PayPal, such a great opportunity with lockout, could have a lot of money. Maybe is KHL more clever than people think. If you like history you know that history is not the scenes which happened, but things which were behind scenes. Today it seems as stupid move not to use PayPal, maybe we wil tell a decade later that it was great move. I remind you my discussions with slovak fans in 2008/09 season. They claimed: It is not possible KHL to expand here in Europe, Slovakia. No chance Slovan to play KHL. Today, the same people are sitting at Slovnaft arena at every KHL game. Funny, right? To sum up, according to them - bad idea (to expand) in 2008, great idea today.

vorky, I understand that KHL isnt gate-driven league, but league driven by sponsors. And if sponsors wants KHL to promote their products, KHL has no other choice but to accept it, because loosing few angry Slovak fans is definitely less painfull than loosing mighty sponsor whose money allow this league to exist. I understand it. Dont even have a problem with using rubles and not dollars or euros. Everytime I do foreign payment, I can choose whatever currency I want, it´s non issue nowadays.

But I have to insist on my opinion that yandex sucks. It´s use is difficult for every non-russian speakers, which is like 90% of Slovan fanbase. Whats wrong on KHL f.e. demands yandex to improve their service and adapt it to foreign customers, as many of KHLs potential clients are not speaking russian ? It´s called Feedback, good and honest Feedback gives you idea about reception of your services by Customers and helps you to improve you product. In long-term, can help you even to get advantage against your competitors (in case of yandex, it could at max help them to get into same sratosphere)

Btw how exactly KHL helps swiss banks if they establish one lousy account with paypal service there ? They can move daily income from swiss to russian account every day if they want, or once a week (to save transfer costs) no need to keep fortune there. It´s just a product KHL buys, thats it. Where do you think KHL gets pucks from, Russia ? Forget, KHL pucks are made in Czech rep.


Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
2.It is only my opinion that money are issue when selling TV rights. I dont work for KHL, so I dont know what they think. Look, TV is better tool to promote KHL than KHL gamecenter (which is really only for hardcore fans). There is more money for KHL from TV rights than from KHL gamecenter (if at NHL level). So yes, TV rights are above Gamecenter for KHL NOW. It make sense. I agree, it needs to be developed.
I understand the scheme (TVs ahead of Gamecenter) but I´d expect easier access to Gamecenter in case like Slovakia, where KHL signed TV-deal with TV offering poor coveerage, making Slovan games KHLs top secret for Slovan fans.


Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
3.package - it is called strategy. And as you know, it is not so easy to change strategy during season.
Whats difficult on offering discounted price for reduced package ?

Who determines for how much money will be offered season package ? Who in KHL is responsible for taking strategical decisions ? Why it´s not easy to change strategy ?

Expecting to sell full-season package 7 gamedays before the end of regular season is silly. I would love to know who is responsible for stickin g to this silly decision.


Last edited by kajoo: 01-24-2013 at 03:57 AM.
kajoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 06:41 AM
  #148
Faterson
Registered User
 
Faterson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bratislava
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 1,436
vCash: 500
Selling full-season packages in late January for the full price is inexcusable, silly, embarrassing for the entire KHL, bumbling and amateurish. Period. It reminds you of why the Soviet Union went bankrupt. Somebody is apparently trying to manage the sales of KHL webcasts with Soviet Union methods, with zero business sense.

Like I said many times, I would be happy to buy the KHL season pass for webcasts right now. But not for the September price, of course. But the KHL doesn't want my money, so they don't give a damn about getting zero subscribers. Pure Soviet Union! Buy from us, don't buy from us -- we don't care, it's all the same to us.

Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 08:17 AM
  #149
vorky
@vorkywh24
 
vorky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 6,448
vCash: 500
Gamecenter is not no.1 project for KHL this season. Therefore no reduced package. This strategy was adopted before season, and there is no reason why to change it. Would be reduced package a gold mine for KHL? Especially if it is only in russian. No, it would not. You can think it is "Soviet Union methods, with zero business sense" as Faterson wrote, but it is a reality. KHL does not have so many employees (IT etc) as NHL. I agree, Gamecenter must be developed.

yandex - the hell, it is russian engine for russian speaking countries. Why is this not in english and slovak language? They suck as you write. I would say, baidu is for chinese guys, therefore not in english/slovak? The same yandex. It is a service for russian speakers.

Feedback - yes, KHL has feedback now. Are you sure they are not developing new things for following seasons? If they dont, so it is a mistake.

KHL has no need to create account abroad, they have one in russian bank. The hell, why does not NHL have account in slovak bank? Tell you why, NHL does not care what I want.

TV-deal - I agree that coverage is not ideal at SportTV. I wrote earlier why KHL sold rights to this tv. Find my posts. If Slovan games are top secret for Slovan fans, so fans are not educated enough. I can not blame them. Education is a job of club/mainstream media. Btw, Slovan ILEGALLY copy+paste an article of webhokej24.sk how to use khl gamecenter. What do you think about it??? Btw, it is not working.. how can KHL club offer a service to fans which is not working?? No verification? Who works for Slovan?? Why does not club inform fans how to watch its games?? Ohhh, KHL is to blame, not Slovan!!

vorky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 08:21 AM
  #150
SoundAndFury
Registered User
 
SoundAndFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,137
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
Gamecenter is not no.1 project for KHL this season.
And what is KHL's no.1 project for this season?

SoundAndFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:48 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.