HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs odds of 1st overall Pick with no season

Old
12-14-2012, 01:12 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
i would love them to use the 2011-2012 standings but....

Would really piss me off to see edmonton get another top 3 pick. Would be disgusting.
yeah

they get screwed if they use the balls, we get screwed if they use the balls...

MasterDecoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 06:18 AM
SOLR

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post

If they are using the 2011-12 standings, cancel the season NOW.
Nice

SOLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 08:32 AM
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myron Gaines View Post
One of the best post I've seen in HF history, can I put it in my signature?
Sure! As long as you say its from me

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 09:17 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
yeah

they get screwed if they use the balls, we get screwed if they use the balls...
I got screwed using my balls. Now I have to pay school fees.

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 09:34 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Frolov rumor guy with some tweets on what could happen if no season after checking in with someone at the NHL:

https://twitter.com/PatrickCaisse

Patrick Caisse ‏@PatrickCaisse
Aussi, un membre de la #LNH m'indique qu'il n'y aurait p-e même pas de loterie. Si oui, ce ne sera p-e pas le même système qu'en 2005.

@darknngel La LNH n'est pas rendue là, mais le classement de 2011-12 serait l'une des options étudiées.

@darknngel Le classement pourrait aussi être établi avec une moyenne des trois dernières saisons. Pls. possibilités.

In short, nothing determined. Maybe not even have a lottery and they just use the 2011-12 standings. Or if there is a lottery, not the same system as in 2005. Or maybe the same thing as 2005.

If they are using the 2011-12 standings, cancel the season NOW.

I tell you one thing: If Geoff Molson has to sit there and watch Jeromy Jacobs lose him a hundred million dollars this year, he'd better lobby hard for canceling the 2013 draft, or for ensuring a better system than the sucky, retarded, and unfair 2005 draft. Yes we lucked out with Carey, but that will not happen again. The fact that we gained from that unfair draft does not make it right.

The team that scares me is the Leafs. They have everything to gain from a 2005 type 3 ball draft. In fact, I've been meaning to start a conspiracy thread on this. The Leafs may well love the season to be cancelled if the NHL uses the 'missed playoffs last three years' 3 ball draft.

And the Jeromy Jacobs owned Bruins have a much better chance of a top 5-15 pick under the 2005 draft system than if they play and finish 3rd overall. Hmmm...

Wake up. GMs and owners MUST be considering this by now. No question. A top 3 pick is HUGELY important in these times.

We should not be guessing at the 2013 draft system at this point. It is a ****ing joke that we are. Think about it. We should know what the system will be.

The NHL should immediately state that the 2013 draft will be canceled if there is no season. This would remove any temptation by teams like Leafs and Isles, or top teams like Bruins and Flyers, to bury this season, in the hope of a 2005 type draft.

And once again, middling teams that finish 8th on average (Habs anyone?), will likely get screwed if we have a 2005 draft model. It is a massively unfair model.

But as usual, Bettman and his NHL team are idiots, and probably have not even considered this massive potential conflict of interest among his owners.

Or worse, much worse, Bettman is allowing owners with an interest in the 2005 draft system being repeated to quietly lobby him. I could see him allowing that, the ****ing tool.

He needs to clarify the draft system in case of a cancelled season right bloody now, and he is not doing this. I despair of this ass hat. Except for running labour disputes, he is just monstrously crap at his job of running the National Hockey League. I just tear my air out at his stupidity, and opacity.

Last edited by bsl: 12-14-2012 at 10:11 AM.
bsl is offline   Reply With Quote