HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Shoulder pad selection - Advice - Easton? Warrior?

Old
12-04-2012, 07:27 PM
tfs3166

vCash: 500
Shoulder pad selection - Advice - Easton? Warrior?

I've got a set of bauer one40 shoulder pads, sometimes they seem to lift off my shoulders a bit when I'm on the ice and the tabs near the elastic strap pop out. Are the pads too small.. to large? Looking into another set of shoulder pads due to this. They just seem to restrict my movement at times.

I've been looking at the Easton RS stealth, or 85S pads. Also the Warrior Projekt shoulder pads. Any reviews of these? I'm searching for something with more range of motion and better overall fit. Without anything too bulky if possible, as I only play in beer league so checking isn't much of a consideration.

Looking at Eastons shoulder pad size chart I fit between their small and medium size ( being 5'7") any recommendations on which size to choose.

tfs3166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 09:29 PM
AIREAYE

Get the pads that offer you a level of protection in line with what you're willing to spend. A correct fitting pad should be flush against the body and not move/shift around when you lift or move your torso/arms around. Try a few pairs on and see what feels the best to you.

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 07:08 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

I've had the same problem in the past. Look for some shoulder pads that have separated or floating torso pieces, which helps it move independently of the shoulders.

Honestly those pads are a bit overkill for beer league. You could get away with something like the Reebok 5k, Easton 85S, Warrior Bully, etc. Also looks like everything's on clearance now so you can get some good deals.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote