HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Notices

Blue Bombers 2013 Season Thread (next game: 08/05 @ BC)

Closed Thread

Old
06-21-2013, 08:30 AM
Ziggy66

vCash: 50
cant wait for the banjo bowl so I can drink some more blue tears muahahahah

never know though. your team may just click into place in the reg season and excel

Old
06-21-2013, 08:31 AM
SCP Guy

Anyone know the best place to get a good solid paper bag? one that could absorb a lot of tears and beer?

Old
06-21-2013, 08:57 AM
WPGNYRFan

vCash: 804
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP Guy View Post
Anyone know the best place to get a good solid paper bag? one that could absorb a lot of tears and beer?

Go buy some fruit from a fruit truck! Those bags could carry your luggage!

Old
06-21-2013, 09:52 AM
Gm0ney

vCash: 1300
So, when do the Bombers fire Mack? After game 1? End of the season? It would probably make sense for the team to build a time machine, go back to 2010 and prevent him from being hired...it's something I think they should consider, at least.

Old
06-21-2013, 10:14 AM
meedle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gm0ney View Post
So, when do the Bombers fire Mack? After game 1? End of the season? It would probably make sense for the team to build a time machine, go back to 2010 and prevent him from being hired...it's something I think they should consider, at least.
Everyone will be gone by the end of the season.

Old
06-21-2013, 10:37 AM
Bob E

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by meedle View Post
Everyone will be gone by the end of the season.
May not take the fans that long to leave.

If they put a 4-14 team on the field, they will lose any momentum the new stadium gives them. Fans are fed up with the incompetence. Buchko and Mack, in particular. The Board isn't getting a break from criticism either, because those jokers are putting these people in place.

As a 40 year bomber fan, can we just get TNSE to buy the team and run it, already. Then, at least, there will be some structure, professionalism and competence to this whole thing.

Old
06-21-2013, 10:45 AM
meedle

We need an over/under how many games Buck will start.

Old
06-21-2013, 10:48 AM
surixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob E View Post

If they put a 4-14 team on the field, they will lose any momentum the new stadium gives them. Fans are fed up with the incompetence. Buchko and Mack, in particular. The Board isn't getting a break from criticism either, because those jokers are putting these people in place.

As a 40 year bomber fan, can we just get TNSE to buy the team and run it, already. Then, at least, there will be some structure, professionalism and competence to this whole thing.
Can't see TNSE wanting to absorb the debt load of the new stadium especially considering they are probably still paying back the 170 million that it cost to buy the Thrashers. But I agree that they would bring some much needed professionalism to the team.

Old
06-21-2013, 10:55 AM
Gnova
Jets Flying Squad

This is a great day to not follow the CFL

Old
06-21-2013, 11:13 AM
Shakey Rustie
2L

vCash: 1077
Quote:

That's assuming the fans can first actually get to the stadium.

Old
06-21-2013, 11:26 AM
SensibleGuy

The organization is in a situation now where they absolutely have to show something positive in the first game or two of the season. They pretty much have to win a game early and look good doing it or things are going to get ugly real fast. The more likely scenario though is that they are going to get blown out the first 2 games and its going to spiral down from there. I don't really understand the constant refrain of "it all rests on a healthy Buck Pierce." Frankly, a healthy Buck Pierce still isn't that much of a QB. He's average at best and he's certainly not going to "Anthony Calvillo" us to a grey cup. I'd say a healthy Buck Pierce is the difference between a 4-14 season and a 1-17 or 0-18 season...it ain't gonna be pretty no matter what happens with Pierce...

Theres a chance both Mack and Buchko could be gone by seasons end.

Holy, just heard on tsn that the Saddledome is under water up to row 10! Yikes...

Old
06-21-2013, 11:29 AM
Brian Cadle Fan

vCash: 167
I have been a Bomber fan for more years than I care to disclose. If you cut me I bleed blue and gold (which oddly enough come out red when you mix them), but I am fed up with the incompetence of the sad sack board of directors.

How anyone can have the balls to tell me that Mack is an adequate GM, is beyond my ken.

Garth Butchko is a poltroon, which is not his fault, but it is the fault of the people that hired him.

Tim Burke may or may not be a good head coach, but we will never know because he will be fired by the middle of next season to cover someone else's butt. Meanwhile he will do what every coach for the last couple of decades has done, try to win with a budget roster.

Until things change at the board level, nothing will get better. We may accidentally have a reasonable season from time to time, but instead of building on that, whatever monkey is at the helm will always allow that team to fall apart and we will be right back where we were, a rookie laden team with no quarterback and no chance of success.

Old
06-21-2013, 11:30 AM
meedle

I mean there is a chance we do ok, but it's like previous years. Its all on the Defense which I think was ranked 6th last year. They did have 12 - 2 and outs i read somewhere the last game. But having poor special teams and turning over the ball combined with not scoring a whole lot or moving the ball is a recipe for a very low win season.

Old
06-21-2013, 11:35 AM
WPGNYRFan

vCash: 804
At least I have my NFL team to cheer for. Go Raiders!

Aw crap.

Old
06-21-2013, 11:58 AM
Bob E

Quote:
Originally Posted by surixon View Post
Can't see TNSE wanting to absorb the debt load of the new stadium especially considering they are probably still paying back the 170 million that it cost to buy the Thrashers. But I agree that they would bring some much needed professionalism to the team.
Ya, I know surixon, and completely agree.

My post was more the ramblings of a fan who is tired of the incompetence. TNSE may not be perfect, but they are much better business people that what the Bombers have shown, right now.

And, because of that, TNSE won't come anywhere near that mess unless its a complete sweetheart deal and the stadium and team comes pretty cheap, with little long-term debt responsibilities.

That's not going to happen in the short-term. But maybe within the next decade if the team, city and provincial government becomes desperate with a money losing team in a big, expensive debt-laden stadium.

Old
06-21-2013, 12:00 PM
Bob E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakey Rustie View Post
That's assuming the fans can first actually get to the stadium.
Hahaha.

Well said.

Old
06-21-2013, 12:13 PM
sipowicz
The Original

vCash: 1989
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Cadle Fan View Post
I have been a Bomber fan for more years than I care to disclose. If you cut me I bleed blue and gold (which oddly enough come out red when you mix them), but I am fed up with the incompetence of the sad sack board of directors.

How anyone can have the balls to tell me that Mack is an adequate GM, is beyond my ken.

Garth Butchko is a poltroon, which is not his fault, but it is the fault of the people that hired him.

Tim Burke may or may not be a good head coach, but we will never know because he will be fired by the middle of next season to cover someone else's butt. Meanwhile he will do what every coach for the last couple of decades has done, try to win with a budget roster.

Until things change at the board level, nothing will get better. We may accidentally have a reasonable season from time to time, but instead of building on that, whatever monkey is at the helm will always allow that team to fall apart and we will be right back where we were, a rookie laden team with no quarterback and no chance of success.
Who in the hell hired Buchko to begin with, that therein may be the problem, a guy who managed a couple dozen neo-cons at grandma's radio station somehow qualified him to run a professional football organization? Fail

Old
06-21-2013, 12:46 PM
jetsfan8

dont worry guys, burke is unphased by the loss, our veterans who havent had any playing time will notbe rusty, and our complete lack of depth is no problem, because burke wanted to lose and has bo problem with it

i cant believe im actually reasing this, if this isnt cause for immediate concern, and immediate firing, idk what is

my prediction?

als 64. bombers......1

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/spo...212495781.html

Last edited by jetsfan8: 06-21-2013 at 12:47 PM. Reason: added link to funniest article I ever read....dont read on lunch break if you want to keep things down!
Old
06-21-2013, 12:46 PM
surixon

Quote:
Ya, I know surixon, and completely agree.

My post was more the ramblings of a fan who is tired of the incompetence. TNSE may not be perfect, but they are much better business people that what the Bombers have shown, right now.

And, because of that, TNSE won't come anywhere near that mess unless its a complete sweetheart deal and the stadium and team comes pretty cheap, with little long-term debt responsibilities.

That's not going to happen in the short-term. But maybe within the next decade if the team, city and provincial government becomes desperate with a money losing team in a big, expensive debt-laden stadium.
Well said, they mist certainly would do a much better job. I also agree with you with regards to the conditions that would need to be satisfied for them to even contemplate getting involved. All I can say is that Bomber fans deserve netter than what we have been subjected too over the last number if years!

Old
06-21-2013, 01:07 PM
PaperRockChamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfan8 View Post
dont worry guys, burke is unphased by the loss, our veterans who havent had any playing time will notbe rusty, and our complete lack of depth is no problem, because burke wanted to lose and has bo problem with it

i cant believe im actually reasing this, if this isnt cause for immediate concern, and immediate firing, idk what is

my prediction?

als 64. bombers......1

Exactly this. The other day, Burke told the media he "expected the team to get blasted by the Ti-Cats". What.The.*******

Buck is in a bubble until kickoff vs the Als and our entire offensive scheme is built around protecting Buck. What about when Buck goes down? How does every fan see the issue, but the Team doesn't?

Love the team, admire Buck's fight, feel sorry for guys like Edwards, and can't stand the Bomber Brass.

Old
06-21-2013, 01:18 PM
ajmidd12
Know-It-All

vCash: 204
Well, silver lining is they fixed the traffic problem getting to the stadium. By placing a very subpar product on the field the executives strategically kept people from showing up to the games, therefor reducing the amount of traffic and people in the park and ride buses.

Ingenious really....

Old
06-21-2013, 01:22 PM
sipowicz
The Original

vCash: 1989
Quote:

my prediction?

als 64. bombers......1

Wouldn't it have made more sense to play the rookies in the first ex. game and play your starters in the second game to help prepare for the regular season, Burke was a Mack hire right?

Old
06-21-2013, 01:34 PM
meedle

Quote:
Originally Posted by sipowicz View Post
Wouldn't it have made more sense to play the rookies in the first ex. game and play your starters in the second game to help prepare for the regular season, Burke was a Mack hire right?
Not sure you noticed but every team but us does this. So thats a good way to start the season with all your first team sitting at home the week before the season starts.

Old
06-21-2013, 03:42 PM
Bob E

Quote:

my prediction?

als 64. bombers......1

Just how the hell do you see us getting 1 point, have you seen our offence. .

Old
06-21-2013, 04:21 PM
SensibleGuy

Come on guys, if you take away those 9 turn overs, the game last night was actually really close! No problemo!

Closed Thread