HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Blue Bombers 2013 Season Thread (next game: 08/05 @ BC)

Closed Thread

Old
07-14-2013, 12:05 AM
Hank Chinaski

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by razorsedge View Post
Buck = Reilly = Glenn = A losing season.
Reilly, perhaps. Glenn? Give me a break. You're telling me that Kevin Glenn wouldn't be an upgrade? Teams are basically daring Buck to throw the ball downfield, he's one of the easiest QBs to play against with his slow release, weak arm and telegraphed throws.

Bombers could be a playoff team with even average play at QB.

Old
07-14-2013, 01:24 AM
Holden Caulfield
Global Moderator
The Eternal Skeptic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post
Reilly, perhaps. Glenn? Give me a break. You're telling me that Kevin Glenn wouldn't be an upgrade? Teams are basically daring Buck to throw the ball downfield, he's one of the easiest QBs to play against with his slow release, weak arm and telegraphed throws.

Bombers could be a playoff team with even average play at QB.
Yup. I was right pissed of the original Glenn release and the Stefan LeFors, Michael Bishop, Steven Jyles, Buck Pierce, Joey Elliott, Alex Brink plethora of QB's since have done absolutely nothing to dissuade me from that opinion.

Glenn is a solid QB. Greatly under appreciated.

Old
07-14-2013, 01:57 AM
Bob E

The knock on Glenn was, 'he couldn't win the big game'. Still hasn't shown he can, but wins enough to get you there.

So what's better, getting there and not winning, or not even getting a shot? My vote is getting there. You never know, once you're there.

Old
07-14-2013, 08:22 AM
tacogeoff

vCash: 460
A few thoughts on the game

The D on this team looks outstanding.

Hall is an a absolute beast out there

Buck needs to be upgraded for the team to be competitive. He is just to slow and telegraphs his plays. Could also be the Off. schemes that make it look so predictible but non the less buck was not very accurate last night.

plus side no interceptions thrown by buck. two more tds and he will be on par for his tds to int. ratio.

Old
07-14-2013, 08:42 AM
ps241
It's closing time.

Tough loss.....so far the bombers have exceeded my expectations (which is not tough given how low they were) but the game was there to be had last night.

Old
07-14-2013, 10:22 AM
bazaaa*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy66 View Post
A few thoughts on the game

The D on this team looks outstanding.

Hall is an a absolute beast out there

Buck needs to be upgraded for the team to be competitive. He is just to slow and telegraphs his plays. Could also be the Off. schemes that make it look so predictible but non the less buck was not very accurate last night.

plus side no interceptions thrown by buck. two more tds and he will be on par for his tds to int. ratio.
Defense was great. Buck is terrible. The last touchdown drive of his was nice, but it was all little five yard dump passes.
Going to the game next week, can't wait to see the new stadium.
I'm brining my 3 year old son, should I get him earplugs?

Old
07-14-2013, 11:11 AM
Hank Chinaski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Yup. I was right pissed of the original Glenn release and the Stefan LeFors, Michael Bishop, Steven Jyles, Buck Pierce, Joey Elliott, Alex Brink plethora of QB's since have done absolutely nothing to dissuade me from that opinion.

Glenn is a solid QB. Greatly under appreciated.
We can thank dumb ass Mike Kelly for that, he insisted on bringing "his boy" LeFors.

The big knocks on Glenn (back when he was released) were that he didn't move around very well and didn't protect the football. He's always had a quick release and good velocity on his intermediate throws, which would make him perfect for Crowton's offense.

Speaking of Crowton, I'm not an especially big fan of his, but I place far more blame on Buck. He's a terrible fit in this offense, but he also was a poor fit under the last two coordinators. Suggests the problem lies with the QB and not the playcalling.

Old
07-14-2013, 11:13 AM
tacogeoff

vCash: 460
Quote:
Originally Posted by bazaaa View Post
Defense was great. Buck is terrible. The last touchdown drive of his was nice, but it was all little five yard dump passes.
Going to the game next week, can't wait to see the new stadium.
I'm brining my 3 year old son, should I get him earplugs?
Next game should be pretty rowdy.

"If you were there on June 27, not only did you hear it but you were part of record setting cheers in support of our Blue Bombers, at just over 106 decibels!"

If your son doesnt like loud noises then maybe throw a pair in your pocket for the game.

I honestly have not been to one yet in the new stadium. I usually only go once a season to the Banjo bowl.

Old
07-14-2013, 11:18 AM
Lorenzo1000

I don't blame Buck entirely but his arm strength sure isn't what it used to be after that injury in SK a few years back. Crowton deserves a lot of the blame too. His scheme is predictable and Buck is just not a pocket passer. He needs to move but they're so afraid that he'll get hurt they are restricting him to the pocket. All the pass plays are designed to be quick hitters that just aren't open fast enough or the big 30-40 yarder over the shoulder throw down the sidelines. Although to their credit they mostly abandoned that one last night.

Old
07-14-2013, 11:59 AM
bazaaa*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy66 View Post
Next game should be pretty rowdy.

"If you were there on June 27, not only did you hear it but you were part of record setting cheers in support of our Blue Bombers, at just over 106 decibels!"

If your son doesnt like loud noises then maybe throw a pair in your pocket for the game.

I honestly have not been to one yet in the new stadium. I usually only go once a season to the Banjo bowl.
Yeah he doesn't like loud noises so I better bring something.
Thanks.

Old
07-14-2013, 12:28 PM
Potrzebie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post
We can thank dumb ass Mike Kelly for that, he insisted on bringing "his boy" LeFors.

Speaking of Crowton, I'm not an especially big fan of his, but I place far more blame on Buck. He's a terrible fit in this offense, but he also was a poor fit under the last two coordinators. Suggests the problem lies with the QB and not the playcalling.
I don't. Kevin Glenn (who I am a huge fan of by the way and was outraged when Mike Kelly basically tossed him in a dumpster) wouldn't be any better. Crowton's offense is sad and predictable.

Late in the game, 2nd and 6, team down by 4... everyone in the building - especially the opposing coach - knows what play is coming next.

A run up the middle for 2.

Old
07-14-2013, 01:56 PM
TS Quint

Can we just hit Crowton with a stick until he can explain to us and Burke apparently why he doesn't give Simpson the ball 20+ times a game.

WORST OC EVER!!!!!!!!!!

I can deal with just about everything knowing its early in the season and some players need to develop a bit. Not always happy about it. But this is Crowton's second year of having elite CFL RB's and awful QB's yet he insists on throwing every down turning the ball over 2 and out as fast as he possibly can. He just doesn't get the 3 down game. Of course if you go to Tiggerdroppings.com (a LSU message board) he didn't get the college game either.

Old
07-14-2013, 02:24 PM
meedle

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS Quint View Post
Can we just hit Crowton with a stick until he can explain to us and Burke apparently why he doesn't give Simpson the ball 20+ times a game.

WORST OC EVER!!!!!!!!!!

I can deal with just about everything knowing its early in the season and some players need to develop a bit. Not always happy about it. But this is Crowton's second year of having elite CFL RB's and awful QB's yet he insists on throwing every down turning the ball over 2 and out as fast as he possibly can. He just doesn't get the 3 down game. Of course if you go to Tiggerdroppings.com (a LSU message board) he didn't get the college game either.
I'm not saying simpson needs that many carries every game but in the 3rd and early 4th when they were sputtering bad, I thought it was rediculous there was no pitch or sweep when Hamilton loaded up the box to stop the run. I think during like 5, 2 and outs, we had like 1 run play.

Old
07-14-2013, 02:35 PM
Hammer Slammer

Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
I have a single ticket in section 237 right at the top if anyone wants it for Friday's game. Won't be able to make it. It's only a $17 ticket so don't worry about paying for it.

I think I can transfer it on Ticketmaster or I can meet you downtown when I'm at work during the week. Let me know.

It's not a bad view, but because it's a single you're in between 2 groups of people. Just FYI in case you're not into that haha.

edit - spoken for

Last edited by Hammer Slammer: 07-14-2013 at 07:44 PM.
Old
07-14-2013, 08:17 PM
Hollywood3
Bison/Jet/Moose Fan

vCash: 525
The Hamilton Tiger-Cats are the greatest team in football history. The Bombers should be glad they never lost by 50 points. Let's all be glad we live in a country that includes the Tiger-Cats.

Old
07-14-2013, 08:24 PM
jimmycrackcorn
HFBoards Sponsor

I blame the Bombers offensive woes on Claude Noel.

Old
07-14-2013, 08:38 PM
Diatidialga

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmycrackcorn View Post
I blame the Bombers offensive woes on Claude Noel.
Seems reasonable

Old
07-14-2013, 09:07 PM
Jet
More Finnz pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Slammer View Post
I have a single ticket in section 237 right at the top if anyone wants it for Friday's game. Won't be able to make it. It's only a $17 ticket so don't worry about paying for it.

I think I can transfer it on Ticketmaster or I can meet you downtown when I'm at work during the week. Let me know.

It's not a bad view, but because it's a single you're in between 2 groups of people. Just FYI in case you're not into that haha.

edit - spoken for
Kinky

07-14-2013, 11:05 PM
Hammer Slammer

Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
Kinky

What terrible wording... haha

Old
07-14-2013, 11:51 PM
razorsedge
West Town Sports

Meh, Glenn isn't any better. I do have a soft spot for him though, after his raw deal a few years back. I hope he does well.

Old
07-18-2013, 08:07 AM
Shakey Rustie
3L

Damn you Dan West

Old
07-18-2013, 08:30 AM
irunthepeg
#whiteout

...I'm actually going to a Bomber game tomorrow. Excited to see what the stadium is like considering how often I've seen the work in-progress going to the U of M.

I'm pretty sure every game I've ever gone to we've lost... granted I've been to like one regular season game (the one a couple years ago vs. MTL where we had the two chances at the end of the game to get the TD and they called it off both times) and a few exhibition games but I'm sorry ahead of time

Old
07-18-2013, 08:40 AM
SensibleGuy

The Bombers. They are in trouble. Big, big trouble.

Old
07-18-2013, 09:50 AM
King Woodballs
**** HFJets

vCash: 375
I hate on Buck Pierce allot and very often.
But man even I feel sorry for him tomorrow night.

Old
07-18-2013, 05:08 PM
jimmycrackcorn
HFBoards Sponsor

Looking forward to seeing the young guy from Winnipeg - Brett Carter - get a shot tomorrow. 20 years-old - you don't see that too often in the CFL

I hope he gets in the game and makes the most of his chance.

If he doesn't, I will blame Claude Noel and Chevy...

Closed Thread