HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Blue Bombers 2013 Season Thread (next game: 08/05 @ BC)

Closed Thread

Old
02-14-2013, 09:56 PM
SubparSoup

vCash: 500
The sad thing about the Bombers is that the most common topic among fans is which one of our QBs is worse. I hope people don't show up in droves next year and support this joke of a team, they not care about being competitive they think they'll sell out because they have a new stadium.

Old
02-14-2013, 10:01 PM
broinwhyteridge

vCash: 775
Mack must be hoping to be fired by Labour Day.

Old
02-14-2013, 10:28 PM
razorsedge
West Town Sports

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubparSoup View Post
The sad thing about the Bombers is that the most common topic among fans is which one of our QBs is worse. I hope people don't show up in droves next year and support this joke of a team, they not care about being competitive they think they'll sell out because they have a new stadium.
I wouldn't worry about it. The fact Ricky Ray ended up with the Argo's the year they were hosting the 100th Grey Cup just further solidifies my belief the CFL has an agenda. When the Bombers start losing money again they'll miraculously become a competitive team with a star QB.

Old
02-15-2013, 01:07 AM
sully1410
#BandOfBeavers

vCash: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by razorsedge View Post
I wouldn't worry about it. The fact Ricky Ray ended up with the Argo's the year they were hosting the 100th Grey Cup just further solidifies my belief the CFL has an agenda. When the Bombers start losing money again they'll miraculously become a competitive team with a star QB.
Absolutely agree.

Old
02-15-2013, 01:25 AM
Boreal

While I understand the obvious concerns over our QB situation, anyone who believes that Adrain MacPherson is an upgrade is fooling themselves. Holden, he is most definitely not a great talent, as a previous post of yours stated. He is a one-dimensional player. He is a big and thick and tough to drag down, but that's where the positives stop. He rarely gets past his first read, and struggles to create. He has been ripening on the vine for many years. The point is, that there is not a lot of ceiling left to hit. It's a bigger, stronger, but less accurate and less capable Nealon Greene. That is to say, that he is no prize.

The Bomber QBing situation is gross, but there were not any really legitimate solutions out there. Most people clamoring for Mike Reilly probably have not even seen him play much - because he hasn't. He is a decent prospect with limited playing time, already a year older then Elliott. There is no sound body of work that anybody can concretely point to in order to suggest that he would be a game changer.

I'm as frustrated as anybody, but the player we needed just was not available to be had. We will have to continue to try to develop from within. Maybe it works, perhaps more likely it doesn't, but love management or hate them, they really have nowhere to go with this current situation. There are no quick fixes short of internal improvement.

Old
02-15-2013, 02:27 AM
ps241
Jets will fly 4 Ever

vCash: 50
Hearing rumblings that the new stadium might not be ready for opening day?

Old
02-15-2013, 03:57 AM
blueandgoldguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
Please tell me you're not serious.

Remember back in the fall when they said the stadium was supposed to be done by December. Yeah...

Apparently there are still several thousand seats to be put in, not to mention lots of work left on the suites and concourses. NOt sure about the event level. Something tells me they will scrambling once the snow starts to melt.

They have 4 months before the first Bomber exhibition game and Taylor Swift concert in mid-June.

Old
02-15-2013, 06:50 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

vCash: 375
Quote:
If true, this doesnt shock me in the least. One debacle after another.

I will however, will hold back full on rage mode until confirmation comes out.

Old
02-15-2013, 07:29 AM
Diatidialga

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueandgoldguy View Post

Remember back in the fall when they said the stadium was supposed to be done by December. Yeah...

Apparently there are still several thousand seats to be put in, not to mention lots of work left on the suites and concourses. NOt sure about the event level. Something tells me they will scrambling once the snow starts to melt.

They have 4 months before the first Bomber exhibition game and Taylor Swift concert in mid-June.
Also they have to wait for the snow to melt so they can paint the whole thing

Old
02-15-2013, 09:09 AM
ps241
Jets will fly 4 Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueandgoldguy View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
If true, this doesnt shock me in the least. One debacle after another.

I will however, will hold back full on rage mode until confirmation comes out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diatidialga View Post
Also they have to wait for the snow to melt so they can paint the whole thing
I was speaking to a former board member who is still connected. We shall see but he went into detail about the gong show that this ongoing project has been.

Hard to believe they can't rally now to make the deadline but these large scale projects can be brutal (Winnipeg Airport anyone )

Old
02-15-2013, 09:21 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Quote:
I was speaking to a former board member who is still connected. We shall see but he went into detail about the gong show that this ongoing project has been.

Hard to believe they can't rally now to make the deadline but these large scale projects can be brutal (Winnipeg Airport anyone )
For sure they can be brutal.
But you also need to give it a realistic timeline for completion.

Old
02-15-2013, 09:27 AM
Hank Chinaski
#FroLO

Quote:

Not that I'd doubt your source ps241, but even looking at the pictures from a month ago, it sure looks like the bulk of the stadium has been completed, and most of the remaining work is cosmetic in nature.

Hard to believe they couldn't get all of that completed in 5 months. There's something extremely fishy going on if they can't.

Old
02-15-2013, 09:28 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post
Not that I'd doubt your source ps241, but even looking at the pictures from a month ago, it sure looks like the bulk of the stadium has been completed, and most of the remaining work is cosmetic in nature.

Hard to believe they couldn't get all of that completed in 5 months.
You have to keep in mind that half of that time is winter though

Old
02-15-2013, 09:47 AM
ps241
Jets will fly 4 Ever

Quote:

Hard to believe they couldn't get all of that completed in 5 months. There's something extremely fishy going on if they can't.
It's all cool Hank, for all I know it was someone in the org that was at the end of their rope venting to my friend and perhaps exaggerating but it didn't sound good at all. Horribly mismanaged project from Day 1.....Big issues with supply chain management and disgruntled trades that have walked on the job etc.

It was a quick conversation but it sounds like it is not a sure thing they will hit their deadline at this point.....very casual conversation where he brought it up so take it for what it's worth.

Old
02-15-2013, 09:56 AM
Hank Chinaski
#FroLO

Quote:
It's all cool Hank, for all I know it was someone in the org that was at the end of their rope venting to my friend and perhaps exaggerating but it didn't sound good at all. Horribly mismanaged project from Day 1.....Big issues with supply chain management and disgruntled trades that have walked on the job etc.

It was a quick conversation but it sounds like it is not a sure thing they will hit their deadline at this point.....very casual conversation where he brought it up so take it for what it's worth.
Fair enough, and thanks for sharing that tidbit.

Quote:
True. Just seems like most of the actual construction is completed, and stuff like furnishing the concourse, locker rooms, etc. could be completed over winter.

If there are indeed supply chain issues and tradespeople that won't go near the project, then we may have bigger issues than the weather.

Last edited by Hank Chinaski: 02-15-2013 at 10:03 AM.
Old
02-15-2013, 10:05 AM
sully1410
#BandOfBeavers

Quote:

Dude...WHO ARE YOU????

Are you connected, in some way, to every sports team in Winnipeg or something?

Old
02-15-2013, 10:12 AM
ps241
Jets will fly 4 Ever

Quote:
Fair enough, and thanks for sharing that tidbit.

True. Just seems like most of the actual construction is completed, and stuff like furnishing the concourse, locker rooms, etc. could be completed over winter.
I agree the exterior looks substantially complete which is why I was suprised at the commetns. I have not seen photos of the inner bowl yet though has anyone seen the level of progress in that area? I went to the construction webcam and was unable to activate it.

If I had access to the construction site, site supervisor, trades, and critical path documents usually a chart on the wall in the site sups office, I could tell you in about 2 hours

Old
02-15-2013, 11:55 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Quote:
I agree the exterior looks substantially complete which is why I was suprised at the commetns. I have not seen photos of the inner bowl yet though has anyone seen the level of progress in that area? I went to the construction webcam and was unable to activate it.

If I had access to the construction site, site supervisor, trades, and critical path documents usually a chart on the wall in the site sups office, I could tell you in about 2 hours
So what are you waiting for

Old
02-15-2013, 12:35 PM
broinwhyteridge

vCash: 775
Quote:
Yes and the rest is unexpected rain and wind (which happens every year yet somehow manages to surprise project management).

Old
02-15-2013, 03:19 PM
ps241
Jets will fly 4 Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1410 View Post
Dude...WHO ARE YOU????

Are you connected, in some way, to every sports team in Winnipeg or something?
no sully just an old guy that has friends

Old
02-15-2013, 04:24 PM
ps241
Jets will fly 4 Ever

so I am picking up this image in still cam and not a live picture. I have no idea what the date of the photo is?

http://www.bluebombers.com/page/construction-webcam

from this view it looks "ok" but there is still a fair chunk work to be done from what I can see from this somewhat restricted angle.

Old
02-15-2013, 05:48 PM
sully1410
#BandOfBeavers

Quote:
so I am picking up this image in still cam and not a live picture. I have no idea what the date of the photo is?

http://www.bluebombers.com/page/construction-webcam

from this view it looks "ok" but there is still a fair chunk work to be done from what I can see from this somewhat restricted angle.
Jesus at this rate, the museum of human rights is going to be done sooner.

Old
02-17-2013, 03:47 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Tiger cats signed Marcellus Bowman...

Good job Mack. I brutal line backing core just got worse

Old
02-17-2013, 03:51 PM
puck stoppa

Oh man, did that really just happen? I really hoped we'd go after Elimimian. Now whos left?

Old
02-17-2013, 03:58 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by puck stoppa View Post
Oh man, did that really just happen? I really hoped we'd go after Elimimian. Now whos left?
Yes it did
Eliminium signed in bc
And I have no idea, but the bombers wont sign anyone anyways.

Mack does know you can sign your players before they go ufa right?

Closed Thread