HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Why you haven't had Blues articles.

Old
11-21-2012, 01:09 PM
Randall Ritchey
HockeyBuzz Blues

vCash: 50
Why you haven't had Blues articles.

Hey everyone. I thought you all deserved an explanation why you haven't had Blues articles.

I had gotten almost all of my top 20 done before losing Internet then getting a virus which erased everything on my computer.

Currently still without internet. Any post you see from me are all via my phone.

Since then I screwed up my knee which they initially thought I tore my cartilage and needed surgery. Good news is I didn't tear it but i severely sprained both my MCL and ACL and have been Doug physical therapy.

Lastly, I've gotten engaged and I'm neck deep in wedding planning with my fiancé. Married men must know the stressfulness of a wedding crazed fiancé.

So for now I have to step down as the prospect correspondent. I hope after the wedding I can return and start writing again for Hockey Futures.

Randall Ritchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 01:48 PM
letmesleep

vCash: 500
It's all good, we're keeping ourselves entertained. Thanks for the update.

letmesleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 06:54 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 714
It feels appropriate to not have much to say about the Blues when the season is still doubtful to occur at all. I still check the site, but frankly I don't have much to say. I find the trade forum to be pretty ironic, but I still follow it.

I really have reached the point where I am losing interest. If they start a shortened season now, I suppose I'll watch...but I'm not sure I feel like ponying up for Center Ice....and if I don't have that I'm pretty much isolated from the games.

2 Minute Minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 08:37 PM
stlweir

2 minute, it is a super bummer that this season, one with so much promise for the Blues has been derailed. For the players and owners it should be about putting together an agreement to make the league healthy not about who wins and who loses.

stlweir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 09:38 AM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 714
I should have said:

Congratulations, man!

2 Minute Minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 08:49 PM
Randall Ritchey
HockeyBuzz Blues

I know the feeling 2MM. I've kept up with Peoria and how the players are doing overseas and the prospects like usual. But I'm getting more and more disinterested. It's really sad.

And thank you!

Old
11-23-2012, 09:09 AM
stlweir

When huge fans like RR are losing interest you know it is bad. The overall health of the league needs to be addressed. It won't change but as someone who had or shared season tickets for the Cardinals and Blues For a number of years i now only go to a couple of games a year. It disgusts me the prices they charge for concessions. The owners need to work out a revenue sharing formula and the players are making more money than ever before. There appears to be too much ego involved.

stlweir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2012, 03:52 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Well sucks for the bad stuff, but congrats on the wedding, we don't want you to anger your fiance or anything.

As for the league stuff, if a season isn't salvaged this year, I won't be spending money on the NHL for the foreseeable future. Maybe down the road, but definitely not over the next few years.

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2012, 04:41 PM
Yosemite Sam

vCash: 1050
Excuses, excuses...

Yosemite Sam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2012, 10:49 AM
Randall Ritchey
HockeyBuzz Blues

I'll come back, I know I will. Once the season starts, whether this one or the next, I'll watch every game like always. I know I'll start going back to games too.

But te respect factor, completely out the window. As a kid, I looked up to these players. Now I'm three das away from bein 23 and I'm older than a lot of the kids in the league. But I have no respect for them anymore.

I love the game, and I'll return because of the game. But the individual parts of it all, the jerseys, the autographs, the pictures. I won't spend another dime on one.