HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

The Bluth Company Playoff Thread! 2013-14 Season

Old
11-30-2012, 12:13 AM
ArGarBarGar
Doc Messier

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsolari11 View Post
I believe its the backhand forhand shortside goal on the break away
No I got that one.

To be honest it is a terrible exploit that EA should have fixed but at the same time it is either that or give the other player a free save.

If people don't like that exploit, they should take control of the goaltender and keep it from happening. That's what I always do.

ArGarBarGar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 12:14 AM
Price 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by xVx Santillo View Post
Ya i dont get the problem either, i find it easier when my opponent does the same thing over and over, i know exactly how to stop him...saying EA is stopping you from stopping him is kinda lame lol change ur defensive style of play vs DET thats all...dont be so aggressive offensively so ur D-men wont get "stuck" and "cant turn around" .. if im going on a breakaway (which is rare from what ive seen in this league) im going to take my chances and go with something that works
Thank you Santillo. I get a lot of breakaways. Mursak helm datsyuk filpulla emmerton kostitsyn. My team is speed and now I can't use it lol

From what I gather from Fuss if I go on a breakaway 5 times don't do the same move.

So ill do it 2-3 times out of 5 I guess and the other 2-3 times take a shot lol.

Price 89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 12:15 AM
xVx Santillo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArGarBarGar View Post
No I got that one.

To be honest it is a terrible exploit that EA should have fixed but at the same time it is either that or give the other player a free save.

If people don't like that exploit, they should take control of the goaltender and keep it from happening. That's what I always do.
Or you can play better defensively and not let anyone get breakaways..play vs Florida in a 7 game series and see how many breakaways you will get, prob 1-2 in 7 games

xVx Santillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Stockey
Let's Go Buffalo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Price 89 View Post
Thanks Solari, I will report ppl who score like that on breakaways too I guess. Hopefully I won't lose every game cause of a goal like that now, because I'm restricted and they are not, deeming it to be unfair
you aren't restricted. the move isn't banned, because we all know everybody in this league does it... but the problem is abusing it. you can still score using it but if its the only thing you do.... you know?

Stockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
avsfan89

Quote:
I hope you assess this Dallas Colorado goal situation the same way your assessing mine lol, would be logical
I hope so too honestly. It's getting ridiculous. A great series tainted by 2 consecutive deciding goals of the same nature. There should be a law you are not allowed to score the same type of goal 2 times in a row; specially when you have the lead.

he can think what he wants but I had so much variety in my play. The Crosby-on-theodore-breakaway goal, backhanders, garbage goals, slappers, one timers, top shelf left, top shelf right. literally any type of goal I scored and made it a point to never score the same kind of goal more than once

It was almost as if its like

dallas: "oh i gotta tie it? *does cheap goal

dallas: "oh i can win this game if i just do that kinda goal again....ah well why not nothing will happen plus we cant reverse it so what's done will be done'

avsfan89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
EvoLu7ioN

Florida I've gotta go to bed so I can get up and study then head to work in the AM. I'll MSG you tomo about settin up or games, snd me times that work for you please!

EvoLu7ioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ArGarBarGar
Doc Messier

Quote:
Originally Posted by avsfan89 View Post
I hope so too honestly. It's getting ridiculous. A great series tainted by 2 consecutive deciding goals of the same nature. There should be a law you are not allowed to score the same type of goal 2 times in a row; specially when you have the lead.

he can think what he wants but I had so much variety in my play. The Crosby-on-theodore-breakaway goal, backhanders, garbage goals, slappers, one timers, top shelf left, top shelf right. literally any type of goal I scored and made it a point to never score the same kind of goal more than once
What the hell was the goal he scored?

Old
11-30-2012, 12:16 AM
Price 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaroldDruken View Post
I have a ton more variety than you. But tied in the last few minutes of game 7 and I get a breakaway with Hossa/Jagr/Malkin... you better believe I'm going to do my move. So, keep doing the high wrister from the slot (More than anyone else in this league I might add) and saying to yourself how much "variety" you have.
Someone else that uses it. So I'm not the only one

Old
11-30-2012, 12:18 AM
Price 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockey View Post
you aren't restricted. the move isn't banned, because we all know everybody in this league does it... but the problem is abusing it. you can still score using it but if its the only thing you do.... you know?
When u go on breakaways what do you do other than that?

Old
11-30-2012, 12:18 AM
ArGarBarGar
Doc Messier

Quote:
Someone else that uses it. So I'm not the only one.

I dunno what to say but ill stop going on breakaways and scoring while I watch others do so just to stay in the league
Okay now you are acting immature about it.

He never said "don't do the backhand forehand deke." He is saying "don't do the backhand forehand deke on every conceivable play to the point of abusing the exploit."

I don't agree with it but there is a better way for you to plead your case.

Old
11-30-2012, 12:19 AM
xVx Santillo

Quote:
How is it abusing when the other person cant defend you and gives you 5 breakaways a game? this makes no sense to me at all..i deked the crap out of you multiple times, getting multiple breakaways and im supposed to use a move that WONT work? no sense whatsoever, ppl need to learn how to defend someone getting a million breakaways on them and not blame EA that its the ONLY breakaway move that works...

Old
Price 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArGarBarGar View Post
Okay now you are acting immature about it.

He never said "don't do the backhand forehand deke." He is saying "don't do the backhand forehand deke on every conceivable play to the point of abusing the exploit."

I don't agree with it but there is a better way for you to plead your case.
Lol I edited before you wrote that lol. I realized it was childish lol

Old
avsfan89

Quote:
slow down and go top shelf, or go back hand

Old
11-30-2012, 12:20 AM
Stockey
Let's Go Buffalo!

Quote:
backhand. slapper. wrist shot. five hole. backhand forehand shot. 5 options.

Old
11-30-2012, 12:20 AM
Price 89

Quote:
How is it abusing when the other person cant defend you and gives you 5 breakaways a game? this makes no sense to me at all..i deked the crap out of you multiple times, getting multiple breakaways and im supposed to use a move that WONT work? no sense whatsoever, ppl need to learn how to defend someone getting a million breakaways on them and not blame EA that its the ONLY breakaway move that works...
Really liking your points. Basically my game, I deke, use speed and go on breakaways

Old
11-30-2012, 12:21 AM
Price 89

Quote:
backhand. slapper. wrist shot. five hole. backhand forehand shot. 5 options.
Quote:
Alright guys thanks for advice!

Old
11-30-2012, 12:24 AM
xVx Santillo

Quote:
backhand never works, slow down so the guy can catch up to me and hit me from behind bc apparently hitting from behind isnt a penalty? ya dont think so..take a shot? who honestly thinks of taking a shot on a BREAKAWAY?

c'mon guys use some common sense, better ur play defensively for less breakaways = less exploiting

Hell i need to do the above and im saying it

Old
avsfan89

Quote:
Alright guys thanks for advice!
no problem, for further inspiration, you can look at highlights from literally any nhl game and you'll see they do more than one kind of play!

Old
avsfan89

Quote:
backhand never works, slow down so the guy can catch up to me and hit me from behind bc apparently hitting from behind isnt a penalty? ya dont think so..take a shot? who honestly thinks of taking a shot on a BREAKAWAY?

c'mon guys use some common sense, better ur play defensively for less breakaways = less exploiting

Hell i need to do the above and im saying it
practice aiming and you'll make more shots than you think

Old
11-30-2012, 12:25 AM
xX Hot Fuss
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsolari11 View Post
I have to side with detroit on this cuz in this game theres really only 2 ways of scoring on the break away that actually work. And in a playoff game why not go with something that works? Its not his fault that he gets so many break aways.
Quote:
Ya i dont get the problem either, i find it easier when my opponent does the same thing over and over, i know exactly how to stop him...saying EA is stopping you from stopping him is kinda lame lol change ur defensive style of play vs DET thats all...dont be so aggressive offensively so ur D-men wont get "stuck" and "cant turn around" .. if im going on a breakaway (which is rare from what ive seen in this league) im going to take my chances and go with something that works
Quote:
I hope you assess this Dallas Colorado goal situation the same way your assessing mine lol, would be logical
Wow xVx Santillo and JSolari agree with you? Shocker. Maybe get Steve and Flames 92 in here as well and have them back you up.

My problem isn't with the goal you're scoring. Its that you CONSTANTLY do it. Thats what we're arguing over. Again Stockey Goal=Price Goal. Different ways of scoring but the repetitive use of that EXTREMELY high % move make it an exploit.

If its open, go for it once or twice. But damn dude, playing you, thats ALL YOU FREAKING DO. Expose EA's defense, backhand-forehand-breakaway. I've played you for two seasons now and thats all i've seen you do. If you've scored 30 goals on me in 10 games, atleast 20 of them are that exact same move over and over and over again.

Address what with Colorado? The dude takes a **** ton of wrist shots. But they're usually (based on my two seasons of playing him) from anywhere and everywhere on the ice. The guy is just really good at scoring wrist shot goals. He atleast has variety to his offense. He'll try something different. He doesn't just skate up the wing, curl in and take a top shelf wrister from the same exact spot over and over again.

You abuse the hell out of that goal. Regardless of how succesful it is. If you try it 10 times a game and it only goes in once...YOU'RE STILL ABUSING IT. I'm asking for variety in playstyle thats all. There isn't a single "glitch goal" in NHL 13 that i've seen in our league games. There is, however, abundant overusage of certain "always" goals and its not fun to play against. It ruins games, especially playoff games, and i'm not tolerating it anymore.

xX Hot Fuss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 12:26 AM
xVx Santillo

Quote:
practice aiming and you'll make more shots than you think
Ya which ones? the "glitch shots" ? or how some ppl like to call high percentage shots? than we come to same point oh he uses that shot too much...ridiculous

still stand by my point of be better defensively = less breakaways against you = less exploiting

Old
11-30-2012, 12:27 AM
ArGarBarGar
Doc Messier

Fuss: I think they are talking about how apparently Harold was using the same move for 2 goals, but I personally don't see an issue there.

Old
11-30-2012, 12:29 AM
xVx Santillo

Ya im defending him bc if you actually read what im saying it makes a TON of sense..anyways im going to bed, dont even know why im up i got loads of studying to do, also Fuss i never disagreed with the other guys i do find DET can change up the way he does get his breakaways rather than just speeding by everyone..anyways

Good luck to everyone in playoffs!

Old
11-30-2012, 12:31 AM
avsfan89

Quote:
Ya which ones? the "glitch shots" ? or how some ppl like to call high percentage shots? than we come to same point oh he uses that shot too much...ridiculous

still stand by my point of be better defensively = less breakaways against you = less exploiting
we'll talk about defense when the mechanics of the game actually enable defenders to turn around properly and not be caught off the rush, deal? are those high percentage shots not good enough in comparison to your 100% breakaway move? there are actually a ton of angles you can score at---and noo--not with any player. Cheechoo cannot score from the same angle and shot as Duchene. Thats why we have skill players. Emphasis on skill, not knowledge of game mechanics abuse.

Old
11-30-2012, 12:37 AM
Stockey
Let's Go Buffalo!

Quote:
we'll talk about defense when the mechanics of the game actually enable defenders to turn around properly and not be caught off the rush, deal? are those high percentage shots not good enough in comparison to your 100% breakaway move? there are actually a ton of angles you can score at---and noo--not with any player. Cheechoo cannot score from the same angle and shot as Duchene. Thats why we have skill players. Emphasis on skill, not knowledge of game mechanics abuse.