HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

LA Kings Blue Liner Prospect Jake Muzzin Is Waiting Patiently For His Chance

Old
11-20-2012, 10:25 AM
FrozenRoyalty
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
LA Kings Blue Liner Prospect Jake Muzzin Is Waiting Patiently For His Chance

Blue Liner Prospect Jake Muzzin Is Waiting Patiently For His Chance

FrozenRoyalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 04:14 PM
damacles1156

Not impressed with Muzzin's starts of the last two seasons.

Takes him a bit to get going. He is still young though for a D player (23).

Muzzin needs more time.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 04:27 PM
Fishhead

Situations like Muzzin's come with the territory of being a top team. He played fine on his call up and could contribute for sure. With success though, contributing isn't enough, you have to excel. IMO both Muzz and Hickey could be skating regular shifts on the bottom pair with a lot of teams in this league right now. Same goes with Lokti up front.

It's great to see the attitude of a guy like Muzzin, hopefully he hangs around and fills in for Greene/Mitchell/Scuderi once they hang them up or move on. I'm not sure what to think of his shaky starts, though. He seemed to be fine with the quick thinking of the NHL game, but that wasn't Sutter's system. Maybe someone in MCH can chime in.

Its impossible to put into words how happy I am that the Kings are one of the most difficult rosters in the league to crack for rookies right now.

Fishhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 05:06 PM
TwoForRoughing
Let's do it again!

Muzzin has been a healthy scratch the past few games for the Monarchs. He has all the tools to be a successful, bottom pairing dman but it seems he's developed the Jack Johnson Syndrome. The guy just makes too many mistakes and can't be trusted on the PP right now because of the occasional **** up, which has happened far too many times this year. Hopefully he'll be able to rebound.

TwoForRoughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 06:15 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

I remember telling many around here not to hang their hat on Muzzin as a replacement for Mitchell or Scuderi. You just can't rely on unproven talent to jump right in and play 18-20+ minutes a night, especially when they have yet to establish themselves at the minor pro level. Muzzin is still only 23 and has ways to go. He may or may not pan out, but at the very least the Kings got some mileage out of a prospect who they signed as a free agent back in 2010. He's been in the pipeline for 3 seasons now, so I think giving him a couple more years to prove himself wouldn't hurt him or the Kings.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 06:59 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
I still think Hickey's the better bet than Muzzin.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 07:09 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Anyone been keeping an eye on Forbort?

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 10:36 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
Anyone been keeping an eye on Forbort?
Forbort has stepped up his game, He has been very impressive for UND. Good start to this season for Forbort.

Forbort has 3G 3A in 10g also is a +3 if I am correct.

Old
11-21-2012, 07:42 AM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
Forbort has stepped up his game, He has been very impressive for UND. Good start to this season for Forbort.

Forbort has 3G 3A in 10g also is a +3 if I am correct.
Correct, he's also been playing top minutes for UND and is starting to look like he may live up to some of his potential after a pretty rocky year last season. Appears to finally be healthy and I really think the mono took a lot out of him last year.

tigermask48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 08:48 AM
FrozenRoyalty
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoKingsGoo View Post
Muzzin has been a healthy scratch the past few games for the Monarchs. He has all the tools to be a successful, bottom pairing dman but it seems he's developed the Jack Johnson Syndrome. The guy just makes too many mistakes and can't be trusted on the PP right now because of the occasional **** up, which has happened far too many times this year. Hopefully he'll be able to rebound.
Could be because he took a slap shot on his foot...Monarchs head coach Mark Morris mentioned that to me when I spoke to him. Quite a few injuries over there in Manchester, especially on the blue line.

Old
11-21-2012, 08:52 AM
FrozenRoyalty
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishhead View Post
Situations like Muzzin's come with the territory of being a top team. He played fine on his call up and could contribute for sure. With success though, contributing isn't enough, you have to excel. IMO both Muzz and Hickey could be skating regular shifts on the bottom pair with a lot of teams in this league right now. Same goes with Lokti up front.

It's great to see the attitude of a guy like Muzzin, hopefully he hangs around and fills in for Greene/Mitchell/Scuderi once they hang them up or move on. I'm not sure what to think of his shaky starts, though. He seemed to be fine with the quick thinking of the NHL game, but that wasn't Sutter's system. Maybe someone in MCH can chime in.

Its impossible to put into words how happy I am that the Kings are one of the most difficult rosters in the league to crack for rookies right now.
Not sure I can agree that he "played fine on his call up." He got lost a lot out there because his positioning was poor. But that was a couple of seasons ago. From what Monarchs head coach Mark Morris has told me, he still needs work in that area, but he has improved.

Old
11-25-2012, 04:21 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Muzzin is an NHL caliber talent who will spend time in the big league once he gets his chance. He did play very well all things considered when he got his call up and is doing what most kids do while waiting their chance to make the NHL and that is having both good and bad games.

Once he gets his chance he will settle into playing a more solid game.

Kid has the skills and like the other kids who have made the team and worked out Muzzin will too.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 01:59 AM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
Muzzin****er!

Gentle Ben Kenobi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 02:34 AM
damacles1156

Good thing this kid is only 23, He needs about two more years it seems.