HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Draft

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-22-2012, 02:30 PM
  #1
JT8888
Registered User
 
JT8888's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 1,119
vCash: 500
Draft

So if the season is canceled and they do a league wide lotto how does that work with traded picks? I don't remember what they did with traded picks last time.

JT8888 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 02:41 PM
  #2
damacles1156
Moderator
 
damacles1156's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 14,562
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT8888 View Post
So if the season is canceled and they do a league wide lotto how does that work with traded picks? I don't remember what they did with traded picks last time.
Pretty sure that means Columbus is going to have another lotto ball added to their total.

Not much changes, Columbus keeps the pick and gets a better shot at the lotto.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 03:03 PM
  #3
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater
 
Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 33,342
vCash: 500
The Kings will have their own lotto balls to determine their position in the draft. The 2005 draft was also a snake draft, so the team picking 30th would also have the 31st pick in the following round and the team picking 1st would have the 60th pick in the 2nd round.

The trades picks will then go to its rightful owner. So if the Kings happen to be selected in the lotto as the 30th pick, Columbus gets that selection, and the Kings will pick 31st (if they maintain the snake draft for a lottery draft).

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 04:33 PM
  #4
Holden Caulfield
Moderator
The Eternal Skeptic
 
Holden Caulfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,382
vCash: 500
IF there is no season and IF they use the same formula as last time, here is the breakdown for the order. As has been mentioned it was a snake draft as well.

TEAMS WITH THREE BALLS (7)
Calgary, Carolina, Columbus, Dallas, Minnesota, Toronto, Winnipeg

TEAMS WITH TWO BALLS (6)
Anaheim, Colorado, Florida, New York (I), St. Louis, Tampa Bay

TEAMS WITH ONE BALL (17)
Boston, Buffalo, Chicago, Detroit, Edmonton, Los Angeles, Montreal, Nashville, New Jersey, New York (R), Ottawa, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Pittsburgh, San Jose, Vancouver, Washington

Los Angeles and New York R will have their own balls for later picks, as had been mentioned, even though Columbus owns their first round picks.

Holden Caulfield is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2012, 09:48 AM
  #5
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar
 
kingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,239
vCash: 500
I feel sorry for Columbus if this ends up happening and our pick turns out to be like 30th or something crappy like that. As a Kings fan I'm glad to not be giving up something good, but Columbus sure could use some luck. Our history is bad, but even we haven't had to wait 13 years (and counting) for a single playoff win.

Granted, I wouldn't want to see us hand over a top 5 pick either, I don't wish them that much luck. Hopefully our pick is around middle of the pack. DL's real success comes in the 2nd round anyways.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2012, 11:26 PM
  #6
RonSwanson*
Gadfly
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Food 'N Stuff
Country: United States
Posts: 8,769
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
The Kings will have their own lotto balls to determine their position in the draft. The 2005 draft was also a snake draft, so the team picking 30th would also have the 31st pick in the following round and the team picking 1st would have the 60th pick in the 2nd round.

The trades picks will then go to its rightful owner. So if the Kings happen to be selected in the lotto as the 30th pick, Columbus gets that selection, and the Kings will pick 31st (if they maintain the snake draft for a lottery draft).
This would benefit the Kings. Imagine that.

RonSwanson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2012, 12:15 AM
  #7
Vamos Rafa
ADT = GH
 
Vamos Rafa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Clay Court
Country: Spain
Posts: 11,513
vCash: 500
I still feel lucky that the 2005 top pick didn't go to the Schmucks.

Vamos Rafa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2012, 04:54 AM
  #8
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater
 
Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 33,342
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grillinnap View Post
I still feel lucky that the 2005 top pick didn't go to the Schmucks.
To add to that, it helped the Kings that the Ducks went with Bobby Ryan at #2 over Jack Johnson, who was projected the consensus 2nd pick behind Crosby.

Had the Ducks selected Johnson, they wouldn't be able to acquire him from Carolina, thus no Jeff Carter and likely no Stanley Cup. Funny how things work themselves out sometimes.

For instance, we could link the Cup win to Aki Berg. Berg resulted into a draft pick that turned to Mike Cammalleri. Cammalleri was traded at the 2008 draft, for a pick that would turn into Colten Teubert. The Kings also acquired a pick from that trade that the Kings used with Patrick O'Sullivan to land Justin Williams.

The Kings would turn Teubert to Dustin Penner, and the main asset acquired from the Bryan Smolinski acquisition from NYI (which later netted Tim Gleason from Ottawa) turned into Jeff Carter (courtesy of getting Jack Johnson from Carolina).

Jim Rutherford indirectly helped the Kings big time with those moves. Lombardi should buy him a drink.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2012, 11:44 AM
  #9
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar
 
kingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,239
vCash: 500
I think that's the first time Aki Berg's been proven to be worth anything.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2012, 07:20 PM
  #10
Shootmaster_44
Registered User
 
Shootmaster_44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Lloydminster, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,202
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
I feel sorry for Columbus if this ends up happening and our pick turns out to be like 30th or something crappy like that. As a Kings fan I'm glad to not be giving up something good, but Columbus sure could use some luck. Our history is bad, but even we haven't had to wait 13 years (and counting) for a single playoff win.

Granted, I wouldn't want to see us hand over a top 5 pick either, I don't wish them that much luck. Hopefully our pick is around middle of the pack. DL's real success comes in the 2nd round anyways.
If there is a season Columbus will still end up with the 30th pick, so I see nothing wrong with it. Quite frankly, I am glad that the upcoming draft means so little to the Kings at this point since we are young and really have no glaring holes.

Shootmaster_44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 10:23 AM
  #11
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar
 
kingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,239
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shootmaster_44 View Post
If there is a season Columbus will still end up with the 30th pick, so I see nothing wrong with it. Quite frankly, I am glad that the upcoming draft means so little to the Kings at this point since we are young and really have no glaring holes.
How would Columbus end up with the 30th pick if there is a season? The only way that would happen is if either we or they won the cup.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 12:38 PM
  #12
etherialone
dialed in your mom
 
etherialone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Ether
Country: United Nations
Posts: 12,990
vCash: 500
Depends on the draft.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2012, 11:44 PM
  #13
Shootmaster_44
Registered User
 
Shootmaster_44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Lloydminster, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,202
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
How would Columbus end up with the 30th pick if there is a season? The only way that would happen is if either we or they won the cup.
Yes, it was my subtle way of saying repeat.

Shootmaster_44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:08 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.