HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

Albany Devils & ECHL affiliates Thread, Part 2

Closed Thread

Old
03-19-2013, 07:07 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yashintangibles View Post
Am I right if I say Gelinas is getting close to have nothing more to learn at the AHL level ?
I think he's already at that point.

Old
03-20-2013, 09:38 AM
battlingBard56

@AlbanyDevilsPR: Mattias Tedenby on the ice for today's practice at Knickerbacker

So glad. Just relieved he's okay after what happened.

Old
03-20-2013, 09:40 AM
GameSeven
ἢ τὰς ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς

TG just retweeted Albany stating that Tedenby is back on practice ice today. His development has been nil for the most part, but I'm still pulling for the kid. Hope his recovery from what appears to have been a gruesome skate cut is without further complication.

Old
03-20-2013, 10:46 PM
JSBach

So who do you guys think your best goaltending prospect is overall? Do you think any of them can become consistent starters when (if) Marty moves on, or do you think a trade/FA is the most likely solution? I know you have Clermont and Wedgewood who are both pretty good. I have a special interest in Wedgewood because I know someone who is very good friends with him; he even attended the draft with him. I have to admit I'm a bit jealous, though!

Old
03-20-2013, 11:05 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSBach View Post
So who do you guys think your best goaltending prospect is overall? Do you think any of them can become consistent starters when (if) Marty moves on, or do you think a trade/FA is the most likely solution? I know you have Clermont and Wedgewood who are both pretty good. I have a special interest in Wedgewood because I know someone who is very good friends with him; he even attended the draft with him. I have to admit I'm a bit jealous, though!
Many are pretty high on Wedgewood, but I doubt he jumps right in when Marty retires, unless he keeps playing after this contract. I think we'll get a stop gap who will split time with Wedgewood or Keith Kinkaid before that.

Kinkaid is in the ECHL right now. I don't see him coming up next year full time to the AHL unless they do something with Jeff Frazee or there is a long term injury. Frazee's contract doesn't expire until 2014.

Old
03-20-2013, 11:31 PM
Seto
New Jersey 5000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
Many are pretty high on Wedgewood, but I doubt he jumps right in when Marty retires, unless he keeps playing after this contract. I think we'll get a stop gap who will split time with Wedgewood or Keith Kinkaid before that.

Kinkaid is in the ECHL right now. I don't see him coming up next year full time to the AHL unless they do something with Jeff Frazee or there is a long term injury. Frazee's contract doesn't expire until 2014.
Do you mean Wedgewood is in the ECHL?

Old
03-21-2013, 12:02 AM
DatBoyJPP
Good Night

Neither are in the ECHL

Old
03-21-2013, 12:16 AM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova III View Post
Do you mean Wedgewood is in the ECHL?
Yes
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatBoyJPP View Post
Neither are in the ECHL
That's where he's been playing. I'm assuming he will be returned since Frazee was returned to Albany after Marty came off the injured reserve.

Old
03-21-2013, 11:41 AM
DatBoyJPP
Good Night

Eh, Wedge's ECHL team is out of the playoff race. Might as well keep him up with no roster limit. Haven't checked if he's been sent down though.

Old
03-21-2013, 03:15 PM
Fayne Staley
Deboer is great

ted's injury was nasty

makes my skin crawl.

http://blog.timesunion.com/hockey/te...ime-now/15185/

Old
03-21-2013, 05:46 PM
trentondevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatBoyJPP View Post
Eh, Wedge's ECHL team is out of the playoff race. Might as well keep him up with no roster limit. Haven't checked if he's been sent down though.
Wedgewood was sent back to Trenton today.

Old
03-21-2013, 09:01 PM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
http://blog.timesunion.com/hockey/te...ime-now/15185/

Quote:
“I didn’t feel anything until I came into the locker room, and then it started hurting way more. … I didn’t know how deep it was. I wanted to go the locker room, stitch it up and get back out there.”
Uhuh, keep trying to tell me Hockey players arent the toughest players in any sport

Old
03-26-2013, 12:56 PM
Mustangs

Send a message via MSN to Mustangs
Hopefully a potential call up for Gelinas if the injuries keep on coming on the back end in NJ>

Old
03-26-2013, 01:02 PM
CerebralGenesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangs View Post
Hopefully a potential call up for Gelinas if the injuries keep on coming on the back end in NJ>
Not with Fayne sitting in the pressbox and tallinder about to be ready to roll.

Old
03-27-2013, 03:29 PM
njdevilsjds
#CoryDays

This is going to be a big problem if Lou doesn't make room for Gelinas next year, he's got nothing left to prove in Albany, and is certainly ready for the next step.

Old
03-27-2013, 03:36 PM
Jack Griffin

Gelinas is only 21 and has only played a year and a half in Albany. I don't think he's at the point where he needs to be in the NHL. Another year in the AHL won't hurt him.

Old
03-27-2013, 04:15 PM
GentlemanOfLeisure
Ride Space Mountain

I say if he remains healthy Tedenby will be a Devils call up with in a week. Maybe this time he'll stick around for good. Losing #21 probably helps. Just didnt have a lot of luck with that number. Maybe 9 would get him going !

Old
03-27-2013, 04:24 PM
njdevilsjds
#CoryDays

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ Richey View Post
Gelinas is only 21 and has only played a year and a half in Albany. I don't think he's at the point where he needs to be in the NHL. Another year in the AHL won't hurt him.
It would not hurt him, but it would be a waste when Gelinas doesn't gain anything from playing at that level anymore.

Old
03-27-2013, 04:31 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GentlemanOfLeisure View Post
I say if he remains healthy Tedenby will be a Devils call up with in a week. Maybe this time he'll stick around for good. Losing #21 probably helps. Just didnt have a lot of luck with that number. Maybe 9 would get him going !
I'm pretty sure we won't be seeing him next week. He had only played in 2 or 3 games in the AHL since being sent down. He got injured against Montreal, and didn't play for 2 or 3 weeks after being sent down, and then when he got back in he had that on ice accident.

One thing I will say (Eggers is gonna love this coming from me) is that Pistol Pete has no confidence in Tedenby. The way he's handled him the last couple seasons I'll say that was part of the problem, if not just a very small part. Now I'm not saying it was undeserved and that Pete should have confidence in him. After Larsson getting scratched to start the season, and Fayne being scratched for like 3 weeks now, and then the reluctance to start one of the kids in net when Moose was stinking up the joint, I think it's fair to say Pete is a little more less tolerant with the younger guys. Not saying Tedenby gave him a reason to keep him in the lineup though I think he deserved one more crack with Clarkie and Patty before calling it a day. Especially when he was supposed to be one of the Parise and Sykora replacements, and Lou was raving about him during the Summer, and brought his name up particularly.

Old
03-27-2013, 05:09 PM
Brodeur

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSBach View Post
So who do you guys think your best goaltending prospect is overall? Do you think any of them can become consistent starters when (if) Marty moves on, or do you think a trade/FA is the most likely solution? I know you have Clermont and Wedgewood who are both pretty good.
Kinkaid/Wedgewood are probably the best in house options at the moment. I wouldn't hold my breath on either guy getting the reigns when Marty retires. There's usually some decent UFA goalies every summer, so the Devils could end up with a veteran first.

Quote:
I have a special interest in Wedgewood because I know someone who is very good friends with him; he even attended the draft with him. I have to admit I'm a bit jealous, though!
I don't think Wedgewood attended the draft. I was sitting near the Devils table and they had his jersey ready, but nobody showed up to claim it. Maybe your friend was part of the family reunion?

http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/f...rospects_camp/

Quote:
SCOTT WEDGEWOOD
I heard you were not even home when you were drafted, is that true?
“Yeah, we decided to not to go to the draft. We were at home and by the third round we had a family reunion, so we had headed off maybe 20 minutes down the road. I sent one of the administration ladies at the (Plymouth) Whalers a text asking her to tell Austin Levi, one of my teammates, good luck for the draft because I couldn’t talk to him the night before (Levi was drafted by Carolina, one spot after Wedgewood). Then, she sends back, ‘You were drafted.’ I was like, ‘You’re funny.’ But the whole situation as true and my phone started going off. Then, my agent called. I definitely wasn’t expecting the third round, so getting a call that early in the car was kind of a little surprised.”

Old
03-27-2013, 06:34 PM
Jack Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevilsjds View Post
It would not hurt him, but it would be a waste when Gelinas doesn't gain anything from playing at that level anymore.
He's an offensive defensemen yet he's 56th among defensemen in pts. He's been inconsistent, going 3 or more games without a point 6 times this season. He's also taken 22 minor penalties in 45 games. Urbom has only taken 19 in 56 games. Seems like he still needs to improve at the AHL level.

Old
03-27-2013, 07:12 PM
Zippy316

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevilsjds View Post
Where the hell has this perception come from?

It's been sputtered around on this blog for a while now when probably 90% haven't seen him play more than once or twice, and very few have watched enough games to come to this conclusion. If he was as ready people say he is, Lou would not have signed 8D for this year, instead he would've left himself with seven leaving the possibility of a Gelinas call up more frequent.

His defensive game is nowhere near perfect and his offensive game is far from consistent.

Old
03-27-2013, 07:14 PM
manilaNJ
Optimism: Unwavering

It's funny that I read through the thread and read through twitter to see that this just happened:

Bill Cain ‏@Bill_Cain_ 10m
Shorthanded 2-on-1 rush vs. Gelinas, Jaffray feeds Gagnon for 3-1 #IceCapsAHL lead over #ADevils at 3:20.

Old
03-27-2013, 08:14 PM
Seto
New Jersey 5000

Hhahahahahahahahahaha Did your friend show you any pictures of him and Wedgewood together?

Old
03-27-2013, 08:35 PM
Scottyk9
Goals? Please!

Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9
Sarnia is out of the playoffs.

Boucher should be joining Albany on a ATO before too long.

Closed Thread