Cena really is the new Hogan

Old
12-03-2012, 10:51 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

vCash: 500
Cena really is the new Hogan

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/2647...e-stars-a-more
Cena basically threatened to get Tyker Reks fired for a move he was using for several months. Cena is pretty much a phony politician who has to much power

KEEROLE Vatanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 11:14 AM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
I'm not trying to defend anyone or not... but I'm not just going to downright believe everything. This industry

However, if he's holding back Riley, then i'd be pissed. I don't know why that guy isn't pushed. He gets a crowd reaction every time (for whatever reason). Guys like Jericho have come out and admitted that Riley could be a huge player. He should at least be in the IC title mix right now. Great look and has good charisma.

I just don't believe everything I read. Cena has put over more guys than the old days of HBK/Nash/Hall/HHH/etc. It's just a different world now.

ColePens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 11:31 AM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

vCash: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
I'm not trying to defend anyone or not... but I'm not just going to downright believe everything. This industry

However, if he's holding back Riley, then i'd be pissed. I don't know why that guy isn't pushed. He gets a crowd reaction every time (for whatever reason). Guys like Jericho have come out and admitted that Riley could be a huge player. He should at least be in the IC title mix right now. Great look and has good charisma.

I just don't believe everything I read. Cena has put over more guys than the old days of HBK/Nash/Hall/HHH/etc. It's just a different world now.
I know Daniel Bryan has praised Riley in interviews, I'm pretty sure Punk has as well. He's a pretty well-liked guy back stage. I've always wondered why they never pushed him. I figured it was the DUI but Cena politicking makes more sense.

AfroThunder396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 12:12 PM
kanuck87

There's always two sides to every story. For all we know, Reks could just be bitter and looking to stir **** up. We cant be too quick to judge just because its Cena and we hate his character.

kanuck87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 01:03 PM
Axman
MoreSkilledThanYou

I'd like to read more about this before passing judgement on it, but John Cena would have to stoop to ridiculous new lows before becoming like Hogan.

Axman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 01:13 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanuck87 View Post
There's always two sides to every story. For all we know, Reks could just be bitter and looking to stir **** up. We cant be too quick to judge just because its Cena and we hate his character.
Nah, it's not.

I've heard that Alex Riley thing lots of times. It was first reported months and months ago. Something about Cena ribbing A-Ry and Riley getting angry and lashing back verbally. Ever since then, Riley went from a midcarder who defeated a former WWE Champion on PPV to a jobber who was losing to pre-3MB Slater and Jinder Mahal every week.

Despite being a jobber, Riley out-pops half of the roster. And for anyone going to mention the DUI, he got the DUI before he beat the Miz on PPV.

And all the guys who Reks said were great guys are guys who are generally perceived as being helpful veterans backstage.

Reks doesn't seem bitter either, just seems like he's telling some stories for fun. Seems like a good guy. He was starting to get a push but decided to leave it all because of lack of time with his family. Got to respect that.

I like Cena (wish he'd turn heel), but he definitely uses his pull. However, not even close to the way that Hogan did.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 01:14 PM
Dean Ambrose
k

vCash: 133
Cenas apparently holding down riley cause he "didnt take a joke backstage." I call bs. Riley has mega potential imo

Dean Ambrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 02:37 PM
Engebretson
Another GopherClone

vCash: 50
Only Hulk Hogan is at Hulk Hogan levels, but it's foolish to think that Cena doesn't know he can do whatever he wants behind the scenes and get away with it. He was also able to run down Vince McMahaon himself backstage in front of a lot of people recently with no reprucussions. If he has the cahones to do something like that, then I'm sure he wouldn't have a problem scolding Reks for using a move.

Cena might be just a fantastic guy in person when he's doing appearances and Make-A-Wish projects (very respectable and awesome what he's done with that BTW) but it doesn't mean he's a great guy behind the TitanTron.

Also, like Hawkeye pointed out, Reks quit the WWE to spend more time with his family. He wasn't fired or released, he left. If he was fired, I might call "sour grapes" because some people (Michael Tarver) will claim they got fired because of someone politicking. In this case, it sounds like he's just getting it off of his chest. Could he have taken Cena's conversation with him the wrong way? Absolutely, but it could also be the tip of the iceberg about who Cena really is backstage.

In today's age of social media, I would expect if Cena is indeed a dirty player behind the scenes, this won't be the last Twitter rant about it.

Engebretson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 06:12 PM
iamjs
Unregistered User

re-read the article. Not sure how that person interpreted that Reks was taking a high road.

I don't know how true Reks' story is, but if what he says is true, I wouldn't be surprised.

Last edited by iamjs: 12-03-2012 at 09:52 PM.
iamjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 06:29 PM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post

Cena has put over Punk but he had to because he needed someone to work with
Not the first time i've heard these stories about Cena

KEEROLE Vatanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 07:31 PM
FromTheSide

Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
First dykstra and now Reks.

I'm all for not believing rumors but i'm sure not everything is just a coincidence.

FromTheSide is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 09:37 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5888
I wish I saw this thread before Raw

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 09:40 PM
KesselBuiltMyHotrod

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySheen View Post
Cena has put over Punk but he had to because he needed someone to work with
Not the first time i've heard these stories about Cena
Of course Punk doesn't have a single clean win over Cena...

KesselBuiltMyHotrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 09:56 PM
The Shockmaster
AKA SheamusFan

vCash: 450
The two Cena threads right now seem oddly related...

The Shockmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 10:14 PM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 769
Does Cena hate Ziggler too?

looks like he's about to get buried at TLC

RJ8812 is offline   Reply With Quote