HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Notices

Jassen Cullimore returns to retire in Tampa Bay

Old
11-26-2012, 12:25 PM
TheDaysOf 04
a new era

vCash: 500
Jassen Cullimore returns to retire in Tampa Bay

http://lightning.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=646387

Nice to see Cullimore come back for good now that he's done playing. Besides being part of the Cup team, Cully played over 400 regular season games as a bolt. Only 10 players have wore the lightning jersey more games than him.

Quote:
"Last year, we were just talking about it, I played in Germany, had my family there and we've been looking for a place to settle once hockey was over. We originally planned to do that in Chicago. Being in Germany that kind of taught us that less is more. To actually live life and enjoy it, and not get caught up in the rat race, what better place to enjoy life than in Tampa."
Quote:
"The first reason (Tampa Bay) was a good fit was because they wanted me. I got picked up off waivers from Montreal. Jacques Demers was here as the coach at the time and saw me play in Montreal the year before and brought me here. It was tough the first three years. We had 3 different owners, 3 different GMs, and 3 different coaches. We started the year with the 23 man roster; by the end of it there'd be 5 or 6 of us left from the original roster and it was tough. Things just changed from there and grew into a Stanley Cup winning team. To be able to come from an organization and see it grow from where it was to where we ended up winning the cup it was great and it holds a special place in my heart."
It looks like he's getting involved in the community too. He is scheduled to help out at the Clearwater ice arena this weekend and played in the Battle of the Badges game. He's also been helping out at the Tampa Bay Skating Academy. There are some quotes in the link above about him getting into youth hockey in the area.

Old
11-28-2012, 01:07 AM
Yzerplan
I has one.

Cully was one of my favorite players during his tenure with the Bolts. I'll always admire each and every member of our 2004 Cup winning team. Nice to hear from Jassen, he looks like hes in a good place in life...wish him the best!!

Yzerplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 01:24 PM
EvanOberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hockey Hitman View Post
Cully was one of my favorite players during his tenure with the Bolts. I'll always admire each and every member of our 2004 Cup winning team. Nice to hear from Jassen, he looks like hes in a good place in life...wish him the best!!
Mine too. Very cool to see him make a return to the Bay area. Even cooler to see him return and help out. Good man.

EvanOberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 06:08 AM
Benders Lindyhop

Glad he's coming back. Especially happy that he's going to be helping out the kiddos too. The more former NHL'ers we have giving time to youth hockey here, the better.

Benders Lindyhop is online now   Reply With Quote