HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around the League: Post Lockout Edition

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-21-2013, 08:35 PM
  #351
awesomo
HARD!
 
awesomo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: location, location
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,643
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomo View Post
Hilarious Paul Maclean look a like



not a reflection




awesomo is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 08:35 PM
  #352
Toydarian
Registered User
 
Toydarian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,510
vCash: 500
Say what you will about Boudreau, but his coaching system creates some entertaining hockey.

Toydarian is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 08:37 PM
  #353
BlueChip01
HFBoards Sponsor
 
BlueChip01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,959
vCash: 500
LOL @ the Flames. I just don't get it. All Flames fans talk about is the need to re-tool. Maybe if you had 1-2 franchise type players to build around and the rest of the team was brutal. Every Flames fan I talk to have the same mindset.

There is even a guy who works for TEAM 1040 in Vancouver who they call T-Mark or T-Mart. He is a big Flames fan. They asked him today, "If the Oilers finish ahead of CGY this year, don't you think that is a sign to rebuild from the ground up?"

His answer:

"No. I don't think like that. I don;t have the giving up mentality." lol

The Flames are in shambles. No direction besides trying to squeak into a playoff spot.

BlueChip01 is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 08:39 PM
  #354
nexttothemoon
Eight Straight
 
nexttothemoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Northern Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,967
vCash: 50
Columbus looks better so far than the Flames.

nexttothemoon is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 08:41 PM
  #355
Asher
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,981
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueChip01 View Post
LOL @ the Flames. I just don't get it. All Flames fans talk about is the need to re-tool. Maybe if you had 1-2 franchise type players to build around and the rest of the team was brutal. Every Flames fan I talk to have the same mindset.

There is even a guy who works for TEAM 1040 in Vancouver who they call T-Mark or T-Mart. He is a big Flames fan. They asked him today, "If the Oilers finish ahead of CGY this year, don't you think that is a sign to rebuild from the ground up?"

His answer:

"No. I don't think like that. I don;t have the giving up mentality." lol

The Flames are in shambles. No direction besides trying to squeak into a playoff spot.
It sounds to me like those fans have been attacking the Oilers rebuild for so long that they've built up a sense of (false) pride. Changing their tune now would mean admitting they were wrong about the Oilers all long, something they can't bring themselves to accept.

Asher is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 08:43 PM
  #356
nexttothemoon
Eight Straight
 
nexttothemoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Northern Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,967
vCash: 50
I wonder if Souray is stupid enough to reintroduce his fist to Iginla's head again?

nexttothemoon is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 08:45 PM
  #357
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs
 
Moonlapse Vertigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,070
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher View Post
It sounds to me like those fans have been attacking the Oilers rebuild for so long that they've built up a sense of (false) pride. Changing their tune now would mean admitting they were wrong about the Oilers all long, something they can't bring themselves to accept.
Well, it's a little premature to claim that they're totally wrong about the Oilers' strategy but yeah, the Flames are a mess.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 08:46 PM
  #358
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs
 
Moonlapse Vertigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,070
vCash: 500
Flames are crawling back and Kerr just had an orgasm. Ew.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 08:48 PM
  #359
Asher
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,981
vCash: 500
Old man power making a comeback in Calgary!

Asher is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 08:49 PM
  #360
Angelus
Smile Time!
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,199
vCash: 141
Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy.

Angelus is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 08:51 PM
  #361
Asher
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,981
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
Well, it's a little premature to claim that they're totally wrong about the Oilers' strategy but yeah, the Flames are a mess.
It's not about right or wrong so much as examining the alternatives. The Flames can't buy their way back into being competitive a la NYR and PHI, they're going to hit a lot of homeruns drafting in the middle. That pretty much only leaves them with one option. Oilers ha to learn this lesson the hard way, Calgary will get their turn soon enough.

Asher is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 08:55 PM
  #362
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs
 
Moonlapse Vertigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,070
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher View Post
It's not about right or wrong so much as examining the alternatives. The Flames can't buy their way back into being competitive a la NYR and PHI, they're going to hit a lot of homeruns drafting in the middle. That pretty much only leaves them with one option. Oilers ha to learn this lesson the hard way, Calgary will get their turn soon enough.
Their current situation and the Oilers situation after we acquired Souray are so similar... it's uncanny. If Flames fans can't see that then... well, there's no helping them.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 08:55 PM
  #363
oilers4cup
No More Koolade
 
oilers4cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Last place
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,265
vCash: 50
Red Wings look old
Blue Jackets look good

oilers4cup is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 09:03 PM
  #364
nexttothemoon
Eight Straight
 
nexttothemoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Northern Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,967
vCash: 50
Actually nice to see the Jackets looking more competitive this year. Gotta feel for their fans.

nexttothemoon is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 09:08 PM
  #365
Asher
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,981
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers4cup View Post
Red Wings look old
Blue Jackets look good
When I watched the Sportsnet season preview and they talked about the Oilers all the panelists except Keenan thought they'd make the playoffs. Keenan challenged the rest of them by saying, "Okay if they're making it, who's getting knocked out?" I swear I was waiting for one of them to say Detroit. Instead there was silence until one of them finally, meekly, answered Phoenix. Honestly, I think Phoenix has a better chance of making this year than Detroit.

Asher is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 09:08 PM
  #366
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs
 
Moonlapse Vertigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,070
vCash: 500
Plan the parade Cowgary. 3-3

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 09:10 PM
  #367
The Last Dynasty
Big #1 C
 
The Last Dynasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: St. OILbert
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,812
vCash: 500
you guys jinxed it! tie game

The Last Dynasty is online now  
Old
01-21-2013, 09:13 PM
  #368
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs
 
Moonlapse Vertigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,070
vCash: 500
Millions is already crowing on Twitter.

Roger Millions ‏@RogMillions
Well 3-3. Massive changes now on hold. Glencross getting dirty in the slot..paying off. Give credit quite a comeback

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 09:13 PM
  #369
Asher
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,981
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
Their current situation and the Oilers situation after we acquired Souray are so similar... it's uncanny. If Flames fans can't see that then... well, there's no helping them.
Yeah they remind me so much of the Oilers I could swear that Gelencross guy used to play for them too.

Asher is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 09:15 PM
  #370
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs
 
Moonlapse Vertigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,070
vCash: 500
Kerr needs to learn how to rein it in.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 09:20 PM
  #371
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen
 
Replacement's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hockey Hell
Country: Canada
Posts: 36,637
vCash: 500
The Anaheim-Calgary game is symbolic of everything wrong with the compete level in a shortened compressed season.

Ducks go up 3-0, completely dominates the game, all is good with the world. No Flames forward even had a shot on goal in the first 13mins.

Ducks figure the game is over or something, lose intensity, Flames start pressing and all of a sudden its 3-3.

This is the best, highest level of hockey in the world? Sure not looking like it.

Save for the Oilers-Nucks game few clubs seem to be giving anything even resembling a 60min effort.

Replacement is online now  
Old
01-21-2013, 09:42 PM
  #372
BlueChip01
HFBoards Sponsor
 
BlueChip01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,959
vCash: 500
Spoke too soon......

BlueChip01 is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 09:43 PM
  #373
BlueChip01
HFBoards Sponsor
 
BlueChip01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,959
vCash: 500
Kerr is hilarious.

BlueChip01 is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 09:47 PM
  #374
oilers4cup
No More Koolade
 
oilers4cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Last place
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,265
vCash: 50
@89SGagner: What a ridiculous shoot-out goal by Brunner. #Dangleitis #Mitts

oilers4cup is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 09:52 PM
  #375
Asher
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,981
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers4cup View Post
@89SGagner: What a ridiculous shoot-out goal by Brunner. #Dangleitis #Mitts
I don't know Brunner so I looked him up. 26 year old rookie, which I guess is about average for Detroit.

Asher is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:05 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.