HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Roster Talk '13 — Russia

Old
12-20-2012, 12:28 PM
bigbadbruins7

vCash: 500
does russia have any pre tournament games like some other countries do?

bigbadbruins7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 12:33 PM
Fulcrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by coursy17 View Post
all this chl khl development talk is bs and biased based on whos from what country. russia is gonna be good regardless however i dont care if zadorov is 17 and plays in the finnish elite league, chl, khl, mhl, nhl, whatever. Zadorov is ten million times better then A.VASILEVSKY. and probably better then 1 or 2 of the other remaining defense and thats a fact. As for Zlobin he is a good talent clutch player but at the end of the day whether it is... kapustin, mozer, zlobin i dont think these players would have been big impact players during the tournament. russias top 6 is. sigarev yak koko grigo kucherov and slepyshev so zlobin isnt a surprise to me. Zadorov however with russias WEEEEAAAAAKKKKKKKKKK defense SHOULD have made this team. thats all.
i have to...

Fulcrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 12:36 PM
Fulcrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbadbruins7 View Post
does russia have any pre tournament games like some other countries do?
Dynamo Moscow-KHL, MHL All stars, Switzerland

Old
12-20-2012, 12:40 PM
bigbadbruins7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulcrum View Post
Dynamo Moscow-KHL, MHL All stars, Switzerland
when are te and if they happened how did they go? any highlights for the games that happened or dates for the ones who didnt?

Old
12-20-2012, 02:21 PM
cska78

Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Quote:
when are te and if they happened how did they go? any highlights for the games that happened or dates for the ones who didnt?
2:4 loss to Dinamo
4:5 loss to MHL all stars in SO
don't remember when the swiss game is.

cska78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 02:26 PM
Fulcrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
2:4 loss to Dinamo
4:5 loss to MHL all stars in SO
don't remember when the swiss game is.
23rd.

no highlights, games were not taped.

Old
12-20-2012, 02:48 PM
bigbadbruins7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulcrum View Post
23rd.

no highlights, games were not taped.
were there any comments on the game? who played bad? who played good?

Old
12-20-2012, 03:02 PM
kiluj

Quote:
were there any comments on the game? who played bad? who played good?
in Russia-MHL game, Makarov(goalie) was bad, Kucherov was good.

kiluj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 04:47 PM
coursy17

i understand this is a better russian defense then recently. but if you stack them up against canadas and usas defense its not even close. especially with the loss of naumenkov and the cutting of zadorov this defense isnt good. be prepared to see russia geet outshot 50-20 again and pray for their high powered offense to put up goals because this defense isnt capable of winning battles. you cant honestly tell me your happy zadorov was cut and can bring justice to that decision. its bs if your a russian fan tell me it was the right thing if you do your lying. no naumenkov no zadorov. good luck ttyl

coursy17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 05:16 PM
Nash

Quote:
i understand this is a better russian defense then recently. but if you stack them up against canadas and usas defense its not even close. especially with the loss of naumenkov and the cutting of zadorov this defense isnt good. be prepared to see russia geet outshot 50-20 again and pray for their high powered offense to put up goals because this defense isnt capable of winning battles. you cant honestly tell me your happy zadorov was cut and can bring justice to that decision. its bs if your a russian fan tell me it was the right thing if you do your lying. no naumenkov no zadorov. good luck ttyl
Russia had a pretty young squad last year with 10 eligible returning players for this year's team. Some European nations tend to go young the year before they host. Also, the coaches are very different. The team as a whole will be far more experienced and the new coach has been stressing defensive hockey all the way through the SSS. I don't think you will see Russia getting that badly out shot this year. They could still be out shot many games, but Russia always waits for quality scoring chances instead of shooting from everywhere, so that stat isn't always the best measurement of effective hockey. Sweden could out shoot Russia 50-20 and scoring opportunities might only be a 15-12 difference.

Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 05:32 PM
Fulcrum

Quote:
thanks for your grammatically poor prediction we'll see just how accurate you are about that im not haapy Zadorov gut cut but im hapy with this defense overall and the decision seems very legit he's only 17 good luck ttyl cya bye l8er sk8er yay we're 15

Last edited by Fulcrum: 12-20-2012 at 05:38 PM.
Old
12-20-2012, 05:36 PM
ponder

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
IMO Zadorov would be on the roster if stayed in Russia. CHL ruined him.
You're being even more ridiculous than normal. He has played half a season in the CHL, and shown steady improvement. I know that your whole goal on these boards is to pretty much repeat "the CHL ruins all Russians!" over and over again, but you're taking it way too far.

ponder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 05:38 PM
Fulcrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponder View Post
You're being even more ridiculous than normal. He has played half a season in the CHL, and shown steady improvement. I know that your whole goal on these boards is to pretty much repeat "the CHL ruins all Russians!" over and over again, but you're taking it way too far.
Let it go, we've been over the fact that ruined is the wrong word anyway.

Old
12-20-2012, 07:16 PM
Dynamo81

Quote:
Zadorov would have got little ice time so I can't see how he is a big loss

Dynamo81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 07:58 PM
Eugene85

Quote:
Russia U20 - Dynamo Moscow 2:4
0:1 Kvapil 17:14
0:2 Soin 26:43
1:2 Nichushkin 27:13
1:3 Tsvetkov 30:58
2:3 Zharkov 31:23
2:4 Gynge(?) 58:58

Russia U20 - Red Stars(MHL) 4:5
Grigorenko 1+0, Kucherov 1+2, Yakupov 0+1, Sigaryov 1+0, Dyakov 1+0. Vasilevsky brothers, Tkachyov and Nichushkin didn't play.

Eugene85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 07:59 PM
Sartorial
#RegisteredUser

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinsfan46 View Post
He truly believes that in a few months in the OHL Zadorov has been ruined despite the fact he's playing substantially better than he was in September. There are certain posters on this site who truly, truly believe all the CHL does is ruin their country's prospects. I remember reading about how Khokhlachev was ruined, he's their number one centre! You just have to let it go, there is no rationalizing.

Zadorov is a 17 year old defenseman and it is still a 19 year old tournament, the OHL has not caused him to go backwards hockey wise.
This is how I've come to understand it too.

Impressively, Zadorov has been constantly climbing the ranks of scouts all year, in this, one of the deepest drafts ever.

Sartorial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 08:59 PM
Ryker

Quote:
Yeah, because usually the best players that would have the most positive impact on a team's performance are cut.

Ryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2012, 03:35 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponder View Post
Zadorov (other 95ers from Russia) moving to CHLoride at 17y was step back. There is no chance this move could help their development for their senior carreer. Yes, they can be high on draft´s list, drafted in 1st round but it means nothing. Do you remember Stefan guy? These russians will not reach their potential, see Grigorenko, Yakupov would be the same case if not playing KHL this season.

vorky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2012, 03:58 AM
Nash

Quote:
Zadorov (other 95ers from Russia) moving to CHLoride at 17y was step back. There is no chance this move could help their development for their senior carreer. Yes, they can be high on draft´s list, drafted in 1st round but it means nothing. Do you remember Stefan guy? These russians will not reach their potential, see Grigorenko, Yakupov would be the same case if not playing KHL this season.
Stefan? As in Patrik Stefan?

Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2012, 07:33 AM
InjuredChoker

Quote:
Your ability to see to the future is remarkable .

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2012, 09:15 AM
MOGiLNY

Send a message via MSN to MOGiLNY
so why do Canadians playing in the CHL don't get ruined? or would they be even better if they would move to the KHL? and Yakupov has 18 points in 22 games in KHL. how many other 18 year olds are putting up that kind of numbers in that league?

this Zadorov argument is ridiculous. the guy is 17 years old and it's not often that guys that young make the team, especially when it's team Russia, a gold medal contender. the WJCs are a short, high pressure tournament with little room for mistakes.

if Zadorov was cut, that means that he was a borderline player on this team and wouldn't have played a lot anyways, so it's not a big loss.

MOGiLNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2012, 09:41 AM
cska78

Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOGiLNY View Post
so why do Canadians playing in the CHL don't get ruined? or would they be even better if they would move to the KHL? and Yakupov has 18 points in 22 games in KHL. how many other 18 year olds are putting up that kind of numbers in that league?

this Zadorov argument is ridiculous. the guy is 17 years old and it's not often that guys that young make the team, especially when it's team Russia, a gold medal contender. the WJCs are a short, high pressure tournament with little room for mistakes.

if Zadorov was cut, that means that he was a borderline player on this team and wouldn't have played a lot anyways, so it's not a big loss.
CHL "ruins" our players not because it's a bad league, but because it's a totaly different type of hockey, that young-lings have to adapt to, which often takes a season or longer, while adapting to the new country/culture; instead of progressing and refining their skills in an environment they actually got noticed and reached a certain high level. So what Canadian players call progressing throughout the year (in case of Zadorov), he's just trying to rich his level, where he was last year and adjust it to new environment, instead of REALLY PROGRESSING in the MHL, possibly VHL.

Also, I wanna see some Canadian prospects at the age of 16 trying to make it somewhere in Tolyatti/Omsk/Magnitogorsk, let's see what they say.

cska78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2012, 09:51 AM

Quote:

you realise that Grigorenko and Zadarov have become much better players since joining the CHL right? would they have developed in Russia more? maybe or maybe not.
your arguement is very flawed.

Last edited by 1972: 12-21-2012 at 09:58 AM.
1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2012, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post

Also, I wanna see some Canadian prospects at the age of 16 trying to make it somewhere in Tolyatti/Omsk/Magnitogorsk, let's see what they say.
Well no Canadian would want to go there because they want to go to the NHL not KHL so that isnt gonna happen.

1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2012, 10:25 AM
Yakushev72

Quote:
Going individually, one by one, how would you assess each of the Russian defensemen? Also, please tell us the basis to support your assessment, and how often you've seen them play. I am hoping that you will go beyond "they suck," and offer some quality analysis of their strengths and weaknesses. Try to compare them to the Finnish defense as individuals - the ones who held "high-powered" Canada to 2 goals yesterday, and Nugent-Hopkins to 1 assist.

Last edited by Yakushev72: 12-21-2012 at 10:33 AM. Reason: omission
Yakushev72 is offline   Reply With Quote