HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

Bluth Company 360 GM League Discussion/Signup Thread PT 6: UPDATED RULES

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-10-2012, 11:55 AM
  #426
Stockey
Let's Go Buffalo!
 
Stockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 2,309
vCash: 500
didnt even know u could faceoff glitch.... hm

Stockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 12:06 PM
  #427
stevezz
Registered User
 
stevezz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaroldDruken View Post
It's still glitchy to tie up on every Faceoff, regardless of which of your players picks up the puck. It gives people an unfair advantage in puck possession right off the start. It's also very difficult to defend against when those who are doing it have been doing it for 2+ seasons in Bluth and are now VERY good at it.

Tie ups happen in real life, especially in north american hockey so its obviously a part of the game. International hockey has banned winning a Faceoff with your feet so it is being addressed somewhat in real life as well.
Ya ur right, but it does happen that face-offs are won from a tie-up and if done occasionally i really dont see a problem with it. In NHL 13, the fact that every player on the ice becomes mesmerized when a tie-up occurs is just dumb and is definitely a game glitch.

add this issue to the Bluth wish list Fuss!

stevezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 12:08 PM
  #428
avsfan89
Registered User
 
avsfan89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,275
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevezz View Post
Ya ur right, but it does happen that face-offs are won from a tie-up and if done occasionally i really dont see a problem with it. In NHL 13, the fact that every player on the ice becomes mesmerized when a tie-up occurs is just dumb and is definitely a game glitch.

add this issue to the Bluth wish list Fuss!
In NHL 11 when a tie up occurs at least a winger would try to go to get it from the tied up center-men. It was gone from 12 and now 13 it occurs but rarely lol

avsfan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 12:15 PM
  #429
HaroldDruken
Registered User
 
HaroldDruken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,045
vCash: 769
Ya, it's weird. It's like watching Timbits hockey while there's a faceoff scrum... everyone just forgets what's going on and tries to find the puck all at once.

HaroldDruken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 02:07 PM
  #430
SUBdrewgANS
born into trouble
 
SUBdrewgANS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,271
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SUBdrewgANS
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaroldDruken View Post
Ya, it's weird. It's like watching Timbits hockey while there's a faceoff scrum... everyone just forgets what's going on and tries to find the puck all at once.
That and the thing defensemen sometimes do that piss me off .. is they pinch.. in their own defensive zone.. (if that makes any sense) they move up to the blue line when the puck is just outside the zone.. and then the other team comes in and blows right past them.. has anyone else experienced this? or know what I am talking about that can explain it better?

SUBdrewgANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 02:16 PM
  #431
cbenini87
Registered User
 
cbenini87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 567
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUBdrewgANS View Post
That and the thing defensemen sometimes do that piss me off .. is they pinch.. in their own defensive zone.. (if that makes any sense) they move up to the blue line when the puck is just outside the zone.. and then the other team comes in and blows right past them.. has anyone else experienced this? or know what I am talking about that can explain it better?
Prob worst glitch of all. Prob the one I'm most annoyed with. The defenseman start near the net with the puck is in the neutral zone. When the player brings the puck near the blue line, the defensemen pinch. The guy with the puck has his momentum going towards the net, while the defensemen have their momentum going the opposite direction, they can't react and switch direction in time, allowing the guy with the puck to easily blow by them and get an easy breakaway.

cbenini87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 02:16 PM
  #432
slightlystewpid420
Registered User
 
slightlystewpid420's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,158
vCash: 500
I'm not calling anyone out because we decided this wasnt a glitch, but when you can come down the ice and score 8 ****ing goals from pull back wrist shots and they go in every ****ing time, thats got to be considered a ****ing glitch, because that doesnt not happen, i dont care how many chances you give up in the slot its not going to automatically go in.

slightlystewpid420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 02:33 PM
  #433
Gary83*
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,287
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlystewpid420 View Post
I'm not calling anyone out because we decided this wasnt a glitch, but when you can come down the ice and score 8 ****ing goals from pull back wrist shots and they go in every ****ing time, thats got to be considered a ****ing glitch, because that doesnt not happen, i dont care how many chances you give up in the slot its not going to automatically go in.
if your going to be pissed like that you at least have to call out the team doing it!

Gary83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 02:34 PM
  #434
Nick1219
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 547
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary83 View Post
if your going to be pissed like that you at least have to call out the team doing it!
One look at the Box Scores will do that. Haha.

Nick1219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 02:36 PM
  #435
Stockey
Let's Go Buffalo!
 
Stockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 2,309
vCash: 500
lost a tough one to Avalanche... 4-3

minus the 2nd period (4 goals lol) i pretty much had control of the game.... oh well, on to the next.

Stockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 02:36 PM
  #436
avsfan89
Registered User
 
avsfan89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,275
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary83 View Post
if your going to be pissed like that you at least have to call out the team doing it!
he probably means me. First goal one timer in slot, 2 were two on ones. 1 was a deke, one was a garbage goal. 3 were wrister snipes. he's emotional but I don't glitch since I'm one of the first to complain. I literally didn't know what to do after i made it 5-0 every shot goes in when most of my guys have high 80's shooting stats. I guess as a courtesy I should just dump it in and/or shoot it into the chest. will do next time.

avsfan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 02:38 PM
  #437
Gary83*
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,287
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by avsfan89 View Post
he probably means me. First goal one timer in slot, 2 were two on ones. 1 was a deke, one was a garbage goal. 3 were wrister snipes. he's emotional but I don't glitch since I'm one of the first to complain. I literally didn't know what to do after i made it 5-0 every shot goes in when most of my guys have high 80's shooting stats. I guess as a courtesy I should just dump it in and/or shoot it into the chest. will do next time.
I think you beat me 3-0, but I didn't really notice you pulling the same shots personally, a little of everything, that spin-o-rama/wrist shot made me angry because it was so pretty though!

Gary83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 02:39 PM
  #438
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 12,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by avsfan89 View Post
he probably means me. First goal one timer in slot, 2 were two on ones. 1 was a deke, one was a garbage goal. 3 were wrister snipes. he's emotional but I don't glitch since I'm one of the first to complain. I literally didn't know what to do after i made it 5-0 every shot goes in when most of my guys have high 80's shooting stats. I guess as a courtesy I should just dump it in and/or shoot it into the chest. will do next time.
Where the last three goals scored with your top-two lines?

I think all you can reasonably ask in a blow-out is for people to distribute the minutes a bit--give the bottom-six guys a chance. That's what I've done in blow-outs (either winning or losing)

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 02:40 PM
  #439
slightlystewpid420
Registered User
 
slightlystewpid420's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,158
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by avsfan89 View Post
he probably means me. First goal one timer in slot, 2 were two on ones. 1 was a deke, one was a garbage goal. 3 were wrister snipes. he's emotional but I don't glitch since I'm one of the first to complain. I literally didn't know what to do after i made it 5-0 every shot goes in when most of my guys have high 80's shooting stats. I guess as a courtesy I should just dump it in and/or shoot it into the chest. will do next time.
I'm not mad but they all went in on he same spot which just passed me off, I'm not mad at you I'm mad at the game there's no way with my goalies rating and size those shots should go in. And all of those shots with the exception of one or two was a pullback wrister. That shot is so ridiculous in this game. Both of my goalies have high 80s for their gloves and Mason is 6'4 there's NO way they should let that many goals go in high corners..

slightlystewpid420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 02:42 PM
  #440
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 12,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlystewpid420 View Post
I'm not mad but they all went in on he same spot which just passed me off, I'm not mad at you I'm mad at the game there's no way with my goalies rating and size those shots should go in. And all of those shots with the exception of one or two was a pullback wrister. That shot is so ridiculous in this game. Both of my goalies have high 80s for their gloves and Mason is 6'4 there's NO way they should let that many goals go in high corners..
Mason is one of the best playing goalies in the game...unless he gives up a few early goals. Then he's awful. Absolutely awful.

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 02:44 PM
  #441
slightlystewpid420
Registered User
 
slightlystewpid420's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,158
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
Mason is one of the best playing goalies in the game...unless he gives up a few early goals. Then he's awful. Absolutely awful.
Bobrovsky started and let in 5 goals in the first. Switched to Mason but he still netted 4 in the last 2 periods.

slightlystewpid420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 02:46 PM
  #442
avsfan89
Registered User
 
avsfan89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,275
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
Where the last three goals scored with your top-two lines?

I think all you can reasonably ask in a blow-out is for people to distribute the minutes a bit--give the bottom-six guys a chance. That's what I've done in blow-outs (either winning or losing)
actually thats what i did:

2 goals by Joey hishon (68 ovr)
1 goal by olver (4th line, 75)
1 goal by vallerand (3rd line 80 ovr)

i think kobasew got a bunch of pts too. i played my 3rd and fourth a lot

avsfan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 02:57 PM
  #443
Stockey
Let's Go Buffalo!
 
Stockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 2,309
vCash: 500
Sabres bounce back with a 5-3 close win vs Wild. Miller looked shaky early but he hung in there.

Stockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 03:00 PM
  #444
Nick1219
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 547
vCash: 500
The Avalanche can just finish like it's nobody's business.

I routinely control time on attack. Think I even doubled him in the game we just played 9 to 4.5 min, but every chance he gets he buries.

Nick1219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 03:04 PM
  #445
cbenini87
Registered User
 
cbenini87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 567
vCash: 500
The last time I played Colorado I didn't really notice what kind of shots he took........

......Probably because he didn't score any goals.

ZING

cbenini87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 03:17 PM
  #446
Stockey
Let's Go Buffalo!
 
Stockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 2,309
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbenini87 View Post
The last time I played Colorado I didn't really notice what kind of shots he took........

......Probably because he didn't score any goals.

ZING

Stockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 03:19 PM
  #447
slightlystewpid420
Registered User
 
slightlystewpid420's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,158
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockey View Post
Not gonna lie, I lol'd

slightlystewpid420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 03:23 PM
  #448
avsfan89
Registered User
 
avsfan89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,275
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockey View Post
that game hurts in memory lol specially because he started DiPietro lol

avsfan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 05:51 PM
  #449
That Habs Fan
drive for 25's alive
 
That Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 4,701
vCash: 400
have fun trapping, one-timing and center-ice tie upping your way to a great record jsolari.


Last edited by That Habs Fan: 12-10-2012 at 06:00 PM.
That Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 05:55 PM
  #450
ArGarBarGar
Moderator
Doc Messier
 
ArGarBarGar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 22,731
vCash: 500
Replay, go?

ArGarBarGar is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:05 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.