HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

Bluth Company 360 GM League Discussion/Signup Thread PT 6: UPDATED RULES

Old
12-12-2012, 01:49 AM
PasswordIsTaco
2012 & 2014

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbridge92 View Post
I think we have a goaltending controversy in Tampa. Riku Helenius is playing very well right now; in 3 games this block he is 3-0 with 2 GA and 2 shutouts. Also, Cory Conacher is inexplicably still a rookie after leading all rookies in scoring last year with 38 points in 62 games.
Leyland Irving is still considered a rookie too, even though he was my starting goalie for the majority of last season.

PasswordIsTaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 01:53 AM
dbridge
Bluth Lockout 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbokan View Post
Leyland Irving is still considered a rookie too, even though he was my starting goalie for the majority of last season.
Apparently rookie of the year Jacob Markstrom still gets to be a rookie too. This only reminds me of Jamie Storr being on the NHL all-rookie team in 1998 and 1999.

dbridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 02:24 AM
slightlystewpid420

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbridge92 View Post
Apparently rookie of the year Jacob Markstrom still gets to be a rookie too. This only reminds me of Jamie Storr being on the NHL all-rookie team in 1998 and 1999.
Yeah gm connected definitely has a whole bunch of small things to work on for next season.

slightlystewpid420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 03:52 AM
Stockey
Let's Go Buffalo!

beat AGAIN?

Stockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 10:13 AM
That Habs Fan
CH fan in TO

Cole is on a tear this year, too bad this is a contract year...although my recent pair of trades freed up some cap space so I should be able to get him resigned (he's great in this game).

That Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 10:19 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHamps View Post
Cole is on a tear this year, too bad this is a contract year...although my recent pair of trades freed up some cap space so I should be able to get him resigned (he's great in this game).
Ryan McDonagh is putting up very, very good numbers.

I'm scared of his price-tag this offseason.

Jack de la Hoya is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 10:23 AM
xX Hot Fuss

Much like how Prospect growth is independent of production, so is salary for UFAs and RFAs. Bolland asked for $5 million and he barely put up 30 points. Salary is based on Overall and nothing more IMO.

If neither Toews or Kane grow in overall this year they're still going to ask for $10 million

xX Hot Fuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 10:26 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
Much like how Prospect growth is independent of production, so is salary for UFAs and RFAs. Bolland asked for $5 million and he barely put up 30 points. Salary is based on Overall and nothing more IMO.

If neither Toews or Kane grow in overall this year they're still going to ask for $10 million
Yeah.

McDonagh is right at the age where his overall should peak. That's the worst possible time to have to sign him long-term.

I'd almost prefer his OV stay at 87. He'll cost enough to resign there. Any higher, yikes

(But you're right on the production, thing. I agree it isn't a factor)

Old
12-12-2012, 10:35 AM
That Habs Fan
CH fan in TO

Cole is an 85 overall but he's also 36yrs, hopefully he won't ask for more than the 4.5M he makes now.

That Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 10:37 AM
xX Hot Fuss

Alright everyone i just wanted to take a minute and apologize to the league. The last 2 weeks have been amazingly stressful on me with school, finals, and work. Having to deal with all of that and then come manage this league, specifically during the busiest time of a season (Playoffs + Offseason) and then all these proposed rule changes made me even more short-tempered. I've been making decisions based on being stressed and angry and i've been unnecessarily mean and/or apathetic to more than one GM in my league. It is only a video game league but you guys dont deserve to be treated poorly so i'm sorry for that. Now that finals are ALMOST over, i'm all happiness and sunshine from here on out!

With that said, i did want to get back to what we were talking about earlier. Now that i have a level head and dont have a murderous, finals-based rage, lets decide as a league about this Franchise Rule...

Obviously my original rule was too strict. It made it too difficult to improve your team through trade. I still do like my No trading Players for 3 seasons rule. Team identity should be important. I'm probably the worst with this but you cant just go trading players away every season...or twice in a season lol. I'd like that rule to stick.

As far as Franchise players go, personally i'd like some sort of rule to be in place that would prevent Ovechkin, Malkin, Stamkos, Giroux, etc...from being traded. I know its just a videogame but it would just be so weird for me to see Seguin on the Avalanche or something like that. GM suggested we still have a Franchise Rule but that each GM is allowed to pick their own Franchise Assets. How about every GM picks 3 Franchise Players AND one Franchise Prospect that cannot be traded without severe overpayment? I realize some franchises might not have 3 but most franchises do.

Old
12-12-2012, 10:38 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHamps View Post
Cole is an 85 overall but he's also 36yrs, hopefully he won't ask for more than the 4.5M he makes now.
Ryan Callahan screwed up my long term plans by asking for $6 (I got him to $5.7) at 84 overall.

Hopefully, for your sake, age IS a factor in determining demands, but I'm not sure.

Old
12-12-2012, 10:47 AM
xX Hot Fuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
Ryan Callahan screwed up my long term plans by asking for $6 (I got him to $5.7) at 84 overall.

Hopefully, for your sake, age IS a factor in determining demands, but I'm not sure.
Datsyuk asked for $9 mil + lol. So did Miller

Old
12-12-2012, 10:48 AM
Gary83*

Quote:
Alright everyone i just wanted to take a minute and apologize to the league. The last 2 weeks have been amazingly stressful on me with school, finals, and work. Having to deal with all of that and then come manage this league, specifically during the busiest time of a season (Playoffs + Offseason) and then all these proposed rule changes made me even more short-tempered. I've been making decisions based on being stressed and angry and i've been unnecessarily mean and/or apathetic to more than one GM in my league. It is only a video game league but you guys dont deserve to be treated poorly so i'm sorry for that. Now that finals are ALMOST over, i'm all happiness and sunshine from here on out!

With that said, i did want to get back to what we were talking about earlier. Now that i have a level head and dont have a murderous, finals-based rage, lets decide as a league about this Franchise Rule...

Obviously my original rule was too strict. It made it too difficult to improve your team through trade. I still do like my No trading Players for 3 seasons rule. Team identity should be important. I'm probably the worst with this but you cant just go trading players away every season...or twice in a season lol. I'd like that rule to stick.

As far as Franchise players go, personally i'd like some sort of rule to be in place that would prevent Ovechkin, Malkin, Stamkos, Giroux, etc...from being traded. I know its just a videogame but it would just be so weird for me to see Seguin on the Avalanche or something like that. GM suggested we still have a Franchise Rule but that each GM is allowed to pick their own Franchise Assets. How about every GM picks 3 Franchise Players AND one Franchise Prospect that cannot be traded without severe overpayment? I realize some franchises might not have 3 but most franchises do.
This is pretty good and well thought out. I kind of feel like perhaps, we should still offer that injury trade aswell, but that's your call. I just happen to feel bad because Wayne Simmonds went boss mode on Eberle and basically knocked him out until the deadline, well, 49 games to be exact. Just a thought, but perhaps just my guilty conscience!

Gary83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 10:50 AM
cbenini87

Quote:

I like the "no trading for 3 years rule" but at the same time I don't like it. I understand what you're saying with trade identity but if we acquired a player in a trade to use as a future trade piece or if we use them and we decide we don't really like them based on their attributes on the ice, we shouldn't have to hold them for three seasons because of that.

cbenini87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 10:51 AM
xX Hot Fuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbenini87 View Post
I like the "no trading for 3 years rule" but at the same time I don't like it. I understand what you're saying with trade identity but if we acquired a player in a trade to use as a future trade piece or if we use them and we decide we don't really like them based on their attributes on the ice, we shouldn't have to hold them for three seasons because of that.
Would 2 seasons be more fair?

Old
12-12-2012, 10:54 AM
Jsolari11

How about for the length of their contract with a max of 3 years

Jsolari11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 10:56 AM
dunner

I'm guessing a 3 way deal would trump this as well. Although we haven't seen one yet in Bluth I would like to be a part of the first

dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 10:57 AM
Price 89

Everyone play my cpu again until next wednesday...I'm at the bottom of the west lol! Maybe this year ill draft high and get a young up and coming centerman to replace Datsyuk and his insane contract

Price 89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 10:57 AM
Stockey
Let's Go Buffalo!

Quote:
Would 2 seasons be more fair?
Two seasons seems a lot better. thats 12 weeks.....

Jeff Skinner
Jason Pominville
Ryan Miller

Mikhail Grigorenko / Mark Pysyk (4.5, 70)

Last edited by Stockey: 12-12-2012 at 12:31 PM.
Stockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 10:59 AM
dunner

Couture
Suter
Fowler

Gibson

dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 11:00 AM
Price 89

Franchise players: Datsyuk, Weber, Fleury

Prospect: Pulkkinen

Price 89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 11:01 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Lundquist
McDonagh*
Gaborik

Kreider

*He needs to be re-signed this offseason. Should pending RFA/UFA be on the list?

Old
12-12-2012, 11:02 AM
xX Hot Fuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunner View Post
I'm guessing a 3 way deal would trump this as well. Although we haven't seen one yet in Bluth I would like to be a part of the first
Soooooooo close to one between and soooooo close. I ended up getting RNH anyway so choke on it Sensi

Old
12-12-2012, 11:03 AM
Jsolari11

Kulikov
Markstrom

Lazar

Jsolari11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 11:05 AM
xVx Santillo