HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

Bluth Company 360 GM League Discussion/Signup Thread PT 6: UPDATED RULES

Old
12-06-2012, 08:51 PM
EvoLu7ioN

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt1396 View Post
Honestly the only reason we still have a lockout is because of the players. And im not talking about the average players, im talking about the superstars and that retard Donald Fehr. The players keep blowing the owners off and barely make concessions. The owners seem to be the only ones who make concessions while the players make minor ones at most. It's honestly a joke at this point to even consider blaming Bettman for this lockout and anyone who does has no idea what their talking about when it comes to this lockout.
**** Fehr, screw that little weasel. How dare he come out and state a deal is close and get fans excited when it's not even close. I've never seen anything like that in pro sports. That's such immature bush league ****, the players don't deserve a guy like that insulting their party making them look like a chicken with their head cut off. What an idiot.

EvoLu7ioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 08:56 PM
matt1396

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
The lockout is equally blamed on the owners and players. If you pay attention to whats been going on since September, both sides have had their chances to make concessions and neither has.

I do hate Fehr something fierce though
The Owners have made numerous concessions, especially with adding $100M to their make whole agreement. We would have a season by now if it weren't for Fehr.

@adater
From deep inside players side: "We were ready to play again. But Don came in (Wed.) and told us we could get more and to hold out."

matt1396 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 08:59 PM
avsfan89

I brought up examples of Shea Weber's contract and Doughty holding out.

he said most players didn't like what doughty did, but still said owners could have not given him it (but what are you going to do, let him walk?)

and he also said ANYONE would sign that philly offer sheet, so he's pretty much saying greed is normal and shouldnt be looked at as a problem.

I told him that if he didn't want to be in nashville he shouldn't have signed philly's deal knowing nash could match it. he could have requested a trade. So yes, players do it to themselves too.

lockout problem:

Stupid Owners + Greedy players = screwing over majority of players

avsfan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 09:14 PM
matt1396

If were advancing at 12 am CST and Orpik, Dupuis and Steckel don't accept my latest offers can they be untouchable? This isn't a salary cap problem, this is me not being able to get on when you advance problem. I only ask for one chance at resigning them, and if they don't accept then everyone can get a crack at them.

Old
12-06-2012, 09:32 PM
xX Hot Fuss
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt1396 View Post
If were advancing at 12 am CST and Orpik, Dupuis and Steckel don't accept my latest offers can they be untouchable? This isn't a salary cap problem, this is me not being able to get on when you advance problem. I only ask for one chance at resigning them, and if they don't accept then everyone can get a crack at them.
You've had 2 or 3 sim periods to sign them now. They should have been signed. AFAIK any and all players are available to be signed on the Free Agent list. The only possible players are those on Nashville and St. Louis. Both of which were affected by a wonky trade situation.

xX Hot Fuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 09:33 PM
HaroldDruken

vCash: 769
Quote:
Did anyone draft anybody that is rated Lower than a 38 overall? I'm wondering if i have the lowest rated guy possible lol.

Edit: Also considering making it a rule that your Backup goalie must play Atleast 10 Games in the regular season

I would love this rule even if my backup goalie was ****.

HaroldDruken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 09:58 PM
DoubleK81

Quote:
You've had 2 or 3 sim periods to sign them now. They should have been signed. AFAIK any and all players are available to be signed on the Free Agent list. The only possible players are those on Nashville and St. Louis. Both of which were affected by a wonky trade situation.

So much for the set sim schedule. If it goes to July 1st late tonight, I will have had 1 chance to negotiate with my players.

DoubleK81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 10:23 PM
matt1396

Quote:
well I've had only one chance to check if Orpik or Dupuis signed, and another to send another offer. If after this next one they don't accept then I won't complain about needing more time as its not fair to you guys.

Old
12-07-2012, 09:58 AM
cbenini87

Hey Fuss, my trade block link doesn't work. Here is the link:

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...9&postcount=59

cbenini87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 11:25 AM
xX Hot Fuss
HFBoards Sponsor

Commissioner's 2013-14 Season Report

Regular Season:

Still some learning curves for all of us. Mainly with trade rules. This league has so much parity. Just making the playoffs is difficult enough but i think it makes games 1-82 that much more entertaining. I'm happy that some playstyle issues were addressed, as well as "Franchise Player" issues. We also went from a 4 day sim period to a 3 day period which allows seasons to go faster which gives us ultimately more seasons to play. The cooperatioin from all of the GMs in this league is amazing. You guys make running this league a lot easier.

Playoffs:

The playoffs worked out really well. I'm glad that we were able to get done as quickly as we were. I'm happy that we only needed 2 days to complete each playoff round. On the note of completion, congratulations to the for winning the 2013-14 Stanley Cup!

Offseason:

This offseason went 10x better than last year's did. Very few issues. No punishments needed to be given out. No teams were screwed by the "In The System" effect. That unholy pain in the ass Huberdeau Trade FINALLY went through. Not to mention, We skipped ahead almost 2 full days in the offseason schedule.

Overall:

I'm really happy with how the league seems to becoming more streamlined than before. Less surprises, less unknowns. It makes myself and the rest of you much more able to plan for things and get things done how and when we want. We all have a great idea of how this mode works now which is fantastic. From the looks of it i think we're going to be able to do one full season (Offseason to Offseason) in a little over 6 weeks.

The Bluth Company still is the most active league on HF Boards and i can only thank all 29 of you guys for making that possible. Looking forward to another great season as your Commissioner.

Old
12-07-2012, 11:36 AM
SUBdrewgANS
born into trouble

Send a message via AIM to SUBdrewgANS
Quote:
Commissioner's 2013-14 Season Report

Regular Season:

Still some learning curves for all of us. Mainly with trade rules. This league has so much parity. Just making the playoffs is difficult enough but i think it makes games 1-82 that much more entertaining. I'm happy that some playstyle issues were addressed, as well as "Franchise Player" issues. We also went from a 4 day sim period to a 3 day period which allows seasons to go faster which gives us ultimately more seasons to play. The cooperatioin from all of the GMs in this league is amazing. You guys make running this league a lot easier.

Playoffs:

The playoffs worked out really well. I'm glad that we were able to get done as quickly as we were. I'm happy that we only needed 2 days to complete each playoff round. On the note of completion, congratulations to the for winning the 2013-14 Stanley Cup!

Offseason:

This offseason went 10x better than last year's did. Very few issues. No punishments needed to be given out. No teams were screwed by the "In The System" effect. That unholy pain in the ass Huberdeau Trade FINALLY went through. Not to mention, We skipped ahead almost 2 full days in the offseason schedule.

Overall:

I'm really happy with how the league seems to becoming more streamlined than before. Less surprises, less unknowns. It makes myself and the rest of you much more able to plan for things and get things done how and when we want. We all have a great idea of how this mode works now which is fantastic. From the looks of it i think we're going to be able to do one full season (Offseason to Offseason) in a little over 6 weeks.

The Bluth Company still is the most active league on HF Boards and i can only thank all 29 of you guys for making that possible. Looking forward to another great season as your Commissioner.
Touched By an Angel

SUBdrewgANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 12:02 PM
slightlystewpid420

Booty you gonna do like a single or double advance so we can see who did/didn't sign so we have a 2nd Rd to make offers to FA's?

slightlystewpid420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 12:30 PM
EvoLu7ioN

Washington is ready for the advance, are you?

EvoLu7ioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 12:33 PM
xX Hot Fuss
HFBoards Sponsor

I'll do a 2nd advance at 3pm CST

Old
12-07-2012, 12:42 PM
matt1396

I'll be home.before then so thank god I need to really make more offers.

Old
12-07-2012, 12:43 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
I'll do a 2nd advance at 3pm CST
Tomorrow?

We're advancing tonight, right?

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 12:46 PM
matt1396

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
Tomorrow?

He means in 2 hours and the season starts tonight

Old
12-07-2012, 12:47 PM
slightlystewpid420

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
Tomorrow?

Theres 8 advances left before the actual season starts, so he is going to do an advance once to so we can see who signs with who and sign other players accordingly.

Anyone down for some club or halo? Really craving club actually.

slightlystewpid420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 12:47 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlystewpid420 View Post
Theres 8 advances left before the actual season starts, so he is going to do an advance once to so we can see who signs with who and sign other players accordingly.
Oh ok. That makes sense.

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 01:06 PM
xX Hot Fuss
HFBoards Sponsor

But the regular season WILL be starting tonight. I get home at around 10:30pm, advance should take honestly about 20-30 minutes (lots of sims) so expect the regular season games to open up around 11/11:15 CST tonight

Old
12-07-2012, 01:15 PM
avsfan89

ugh, will unfortunately be out till about 2 am tonight with some party. Apologies to anyone with the avs on their reg. season tnt, will have to get our games in tmw!

avsfan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 01:16 PM
xX Hot Fuss
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by avsfan89 View Post
ugh, will unfortunately be out till about 2 am tonight with some party. Apologies to anyone with the avs on their reg. season tnt, will have to get our games in tmw!
Partying>>>>>>>>>>>>>GM Connected

Old
12-07-2012, 01:20 PM
Couto10

Made an offer to Chad Larose... ****. I'll send him Edmonton's way if he signs with me.

Couto10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 01:46 PM
dunner

Will not be playing tonight or anytime until late afternoon on Sunday, sorry in advance my weekend consists of a night shift tonight, a double shift tomorrow and 2 final exams on Sunday... Should be fun!

dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 02:35 PM
xX Hot Fuss
HFBoards Sponsor

Advancing now