HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Offseason Madness the 8th: Josh Johnson Edition.

Closed Thread

Old
12-05-2012, 01:42 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

vCash: 500
Tommy John Surgery has a 12 month to 16 month rehab.

Drabek went down June 13th
Hutchinson June 15th

Depending on the rehab protocols you guys could be getting both June-Aug. If you think Happ can hold the fort for the time you can have these guys replace him in June. Maybe split session where they pitch every 10 days. Drabek first then Hutchinson, back and forth.

Old
12-05-2012, 01:45 PM
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers

Haha, Jason Bay about to get a major league deal worth 7 figures from the Mariners. That team must be desperate for anything.

Old
12-05-2012, 01:47 PM
Stats01

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorontoMarleauLeafs View Post
Hutch wont be ready next year. Drabek will be ready by July.

Also, more on the 4-team trade:
Wow if Tex gets Upton and and re-signs Hamilton, they can pretty much lock-up the West Division next season..and no Oakland is not having another year like they had. Still can't believe what happened this year.

Old
12-05-2012, 01:47 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty Nazem View Post
Haha, Jason Bay about to get a major league deal worth 7 figures from the Mariners. That team must be desperate for anything.
oy. Just, I. Wow.

Old
12-05-2012, 01:50 PM
Bjindaho

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post

Hutchinson June 15th

Depending on the rehab protocols you guys could be getting both June-Aug. If you think Happ can hold the fort for the time you can have these guys replace him in June. Maybe split session where they pitch every 10 days. Drabek first then Hutchinson, back and forth.
Hutch waited to have surgery IIRC. That's why he won't be ready to go.

Old
12-05-2012, 01:54 PM
topched

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjindaho View Post
This is correct.

If everyone remembers, Drabek was evaluated quickly and had surgery only days after getting injured.

Took the Jays a while to evaluate and shut Hutch down for good. Not sure if he's even had surgery yet tbh (just don't recall a report confirming).

I wonder if it might have to do with the fact that Drabek's already rehabbed from TJ once. But thats just spitballing.

We shouldn't forget Perez either, who apparantly will be ready hafl-way through. He was lights out last year, and if he can come back healthy would be a good lefty out of the 'pen with the potential to spot-start.

Old
12-05-2012, 01:54 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Further research shows that Hutchinson took 4 wks to rehab, no go. July at the earliest for him. Still, Even if it's a month late for both.

Drabek July 13 months
Hutchinson August 13 months.

Old
12-05-2012, 01:56 PM
Quik
Agent 0091

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post

Hutchinson June 15th

Quote:
This, Hutch waited until mid-August for his surgery, so we're looking at 2014 being the more realistic time frame for him to return to Toronto. I think giving him the end of the season in Buffalo makes the most sense, unless there's a need for him to come back up because of injuries.

At least, mid-August was the earliest he had the surgery, but I'm not 100% on that... http://mlb.sbnation.com/2012/8/7/322...blue-jays-news

Old
12-05-2012, 01:56 PM
weems

Quote:
Originally Posted by topched View Post
This is correct.

If everyone remembers, Drabek was evaluated quickly and had surgery only days after getting injured.

Took the Jays a while to evaluate and shut Hutch down for good. Not sure if he's even had surgery yet tbh (just don't recall a report confirming).

I wonder if it might have to do with the fact that Drabek's already rehabbed from TJ once. But thats just spitballing.

We shouldn't forget Perez either, who apparantly will be ready hafl-way through. He was lights out last year, and if he can come back healthy would be a good lefty out of the 'pen with the potential to spot-start.
Pretty sure he had surgery.

Old
12-05-2012, 02:02 PM
Everlong
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by weems View Post
Pretty sure he had surgery.
Yup

Link: http://www.torontosun.com/2012/08/06...y-john-surgery
Date of Article: Aug 6th

Quote:
...the rookie right-hander (Hutchison) left the Bobby Mattick facility Monday afternoon headed for surgery later this week with Dr. James Andrews.

For Drabek, his Tommy John surgery, which replaces a damaged elbow ligament with a tendon taken from another part of the body, was his second.

The usual recovery time for a Tommy John operation is anywhere from a year to 18 months.

Now, Drabek, who had his surgery June 16, could be back in the rotation before Hutchison, scheduled for surgery this week.

Old
12-05-2012, 02:03 PM
weems

I know I've said this before but Hutchison going down stings.
He would make for a awesome #5 starter on this current team.

Old
12-05-2012, 02:07 PM
GoHardSports
TorontoMarleauLeafs

Quote:
Just curious but were does it say that Hutchison wont be ready next year but Drabek will be in July?
I remember reading about it somewhere. Can't remeber where.

Edit: Looks like everyone else answered the question.

Old
12-05-2012, 02:10 PM
Jozay
lolwut?

vCash: 1020
I just found out Escobar is on the Rays now. They got him for nothing too. If I was AA, I wouldve hopped on Escobar for that price and put him at second.

Old
12-05-2012, 02:13 PM
GoHardSports
TorontoMarleauLeafs

More updates on the possible 4-team trade:

Quote:
Jon Heyman‏@JonHeymanCBS

3-way and 4-way at standstill for moment. Dbacks need more than asdrubal for upton. Not sure what holdup is tho.

Old
12-05-2012, 02:15 PM
topched

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozay View Post
I just found out Escobar is on the Rays now. They got him for nothing too. If I was AA, I wouldve hopped on Escobar for that price and put him at second.
Escobar told the Marlins he wasn't willing to play 3rd base. Which was a reason why they flipped him. Unlikely he was interested in moving around here either.

That trade looks even uglier for the Marlins now... Dietrich isn't a spectacular prospect by any means.

Old
12-05-2012, 02:18 PM
Jozay
lolwut?

vCash: 1020
Quote:
Escobar told the Marlins he wasn't willing to play 3rd base. Which was a reason why they flipped him. Unlikely he was interested in moving around here either.

That trade looks even uglier for the Marlins now... Dietrich isn't a spectacular prospect by any means.
Oh. I thought they just didnt want him because of his personality. Great trade for the Rays though.

Old
12-05-2012, 02:24 PM
Eyedea
The Legend Continues

vCash: 350
I think it was because Escobar's contract was too expensive for them.

Old
12-05-2012, 02:25 PM
BertCorbeau
The Sidebartender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlong View Post
I truly believe our offense is fine as it stands right now. After the landslide of injuries to not only our starters, but the position players too, we still managed to finish with the #13 offense in runs scored. This is a top 10 offense right now and with the growth of support players like Rasmus and Lawrie, it could be as high as a top 5. You mention another middle of the order bat is needed. It would more of a luxury at this point imo. That said, look out for D'Arnaud in 2013-2014. He could be that guy.

The difference between a wildcard/division title and where we've been the past few years is roughly 10-15 more wins. Let's take a look at our competition from the previous 2 years:

AL EAST: 33 - 39
TB: 6 -12
NY: 7- 11
BOS: 8 -10
O's: 12 - 6

Central: 18 - 15

West: 22 - 17

Season Total: 81 - 81

AL EAST: 29 - 43
TB: 4 - 14
NY: 7- 11
BOS: 11 - 7
O's: 7 - 11

Central: 21 - 16

West: 14 - 21

Season Total: 73 - 89

It's difficult to gauge the 2012 blue jays simply because of the injuries, but if there's one lesson we learned, is that the AL West has truly evolved into one of the more dangerous divisions in baseball with Texas, LAA, and Oakland all contenders this past season. I believe there will be some degradation in the AL East, but not to the extent some people are expecting. You'd be a fool to bet against the Yankees, they always manage to find talent/players. The Rays keep doing their thing revitalizing baseball careers and continue to be a thorn in our side, especially at Tropicana Field. Boston and the O's will have to be our punching bag if we want make a real difference in this division.
100% agree .. At this point the offensive is fine and a middle of the order power guy is a definite luxury. Me personally, I think in a more protected order, with the additions of Reyes and Cabrera, it will take pressure off of Lind and Rasmus and I think they'll have bigger years next year, which will make them capable hitters in the 5th spot.

People talk about Lawrie having a down year, I think for his first full year in the bigs he did pretty well. Hit for solid average, just couldn't get his power stroke going .. I think with one year under his belt he'll be able to increase those power numbers next season.

The only other tweaks is adding rotation depth and depth in the bullpen to which AA has already said he'll do

Old
12-05-2012, 02:38 PM
Everlong
-

Jon Morosi ‏@jonmorosi

Darren Oliver has not decided whether he will play in 2013. He has not asked to be traded either. Lives in Dallas area. Has contract w TOR.

Old
12-05-2012, 02:40 PM
topched

Quote:
Originally Posted by BertCorbeau View Post
People talk about Lawrie having a down year, I think for his first full year in the bigs he did pretty well. Hit for solid average, just couldn't get his power stroke going .. I think with one year under his belt he'll be able to increase those power numbers next season.
The other thing about Lawrie is he was forced into hitting leadoff for a big chunk of the year. Not his forte at all. He had to take alot of pitches, shorten up his swing and try to get on more, rather than let it rip and produce runs.

I think if he's hitting 6-7 this year with Jose and EE on base quite a bit we'll see him get that power stroke back and start to drive in runs.

Old
12-05-2012, 02:40 PM
TOGuy14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stats01 View Post
Wow if Tex gets Upton and and re-signs Hamilton, they can pretty much lock-up the West Division next season..and no Oakland is not having another year like they had. Still can't believe what happened this year.
If they make the deal for Upton, they will probably jump all over Greinke, not Hamilton

Old
12-05-2012, 02:48 PM
KuleminFan41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stats01 View Post
Hamilton sucks in odd numbered years though and in baseball where numbers are most important. He'll suck next year! lmao

Old
12-05-2012, 02:52 PM
Sokil
Ukraine Specialitsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuleminFan41 View Post
Hamilton sucks in odd numbered years though and in baseball where numbers are most important. He'll suck next year! lmao
You're thinking of Star Trek

Old
12-05-2012, 03:12 PM
calcal798

Quote:
I know I've said this before but Hutchison going down stings.
He would make for a awesome #5 starter on this current team.
Yep, one of the worst injuries of the year, he probably would have given us another pitcher above ,500 with an ERA under 4. I hope his Tommy Jons is successful and he comes back looking like new.

Old
12-05-2012, 03:16 PM
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers

Quote:
The other thing about Lawrie is he was forced into hitting leadoff for a big chunk of the year. Not his forte at all. He had to take alot of pitches, shorten up his swing and try to get on more, rather than let it rip and produce runs.

I think if he's hitting 6-7 this year with Jose and EE on base quite a bit we'll see him get that power stroke back and start to drive in runs.
He was hitting in that 6-7 hole early in the season and wasn't hitting much or getting on base. He started hitting better at the leadoff spot.

Closed Thread