HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Offseason Madness the 8th: Josh Johnson Edition.

Closed Thread

Old
11-30-2012, 01:37 PM
Eyedea
The Legend Continues

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post
Wright has signed an 8 year 138 million dollar deal with the Mets. **** I wish I was really good at baseball.
Not bad at all. I thought reports were saying 7/130 but wow, good deal for both sides.

Old
11-30-2012, 01:57 PM
mapes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Bear Pig View Post
Oh no, I understand. I've been suggesting a platoon for him for a while now. The guy shouldn't get one AB vs LHP at all next season. Anything but a platoon with Lind would be giving outs away.

The issue is that Linds been ranked near or dead last in every category for his positions for years now. That 2011 season you're referring to? he was awful. A .734 OPS is atrocious for a 1B/DH. A .295 OBP? yuck. He was also a negative WAR player. We gotta face the facts here, he's been downright awful. A negative WAR player in this league is beyond brutal. That's just a waste of five million, if anything.
Tbh I don't understand WAR that well. All I'm saying is, I'd rather spend the extra 10-12 mill on a starter than replacing Lind with Laroche. I doubt we spend much more anyways just sayin

Old
11-30-2012, 02:24 PM
TootooTrain
-

Anybody know if Floyd's rumored elbow issues are minor/major? Has managed to pitch roughly 190 innings in the last 4 seasons. Consistent K/9 and K/BB. The long ball hurt him last season, but as a tradeoff his velocity actually went up a touch. Apparently Chicago is trying to shed some salary so they can spend money elsewhere. (Link) I don't think he would take all that much to aqcuire. Owed 9.5m in 2013, free agent afterwards.

Old
11-30-2012, 02:38 PM
TootooTrain
-

McDade Claimed by Cleveland (noo!), McCoy and Carreno sent to AAA, Cory Wade declares free agency.
Link: http://www.bluebirdbanter.com/2012/1...d-joel-carreno

Quote:
Joel Carreno, who was DFAed on November 19 to make room for Melky Cabrera, was outrighted to AAA Buffalo Bisons yesterday.

Mike McDade, who was DFAed on November 20 along with Mike McCoy and Cory Wade to protect Ryan Goins and A.J. Jimenez from the Rule 5 Draft, was claimed off waivers by the Cleveland Indians. The Indians DFAed Chris Seddon in a corresponding move.

Mike McCoy was outrighted to the Buffalo Bisons. If he does get called up next year, at least he doesn't have too far to travel.

Cory Wade, who the Blue Jays claimed from the Yankees on October 17, has refused assignment and declared free agency.

Old
11-30-2012, 02:38 PM
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers

McDade claimed by Cleveland. McCoy and Carreno survive and get outrighted to Triple A (whoo some depth remains!). Wade declares for FA.

Old
11-30-2012, 02:48 PM
Diamond Joe Quimby
A$AP Joffrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty Nazem View Post
McDade claimed by Cleveland. McCoy and Carreno survive and get outrighted to Triple A (whoo some depth remains!). Wade declares for FA.
A little sad about big Mike, but I wish him the best in the Cleveland system. Think he'll turn into a Ken Harvey type, so no real loss. Good to hear about Carreno being retained. Has potential to be a good bullpen arm.

Old
11-30-2012, 02:49 PM
topched

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty Nazem View Post
Surprised about Carreno tbh. I think he's still got a good future... whether it's as a backend starter or reliever. He throws hard and has a decent arsenal of pitches.

Glad we retained him, that's valuable pitching depth. He can be filed under AAAA starter.

Old
11-30-2012, 02:59 PM
Eyedea
The Legend Continues

I knew he'd get claimed. Whatever, hopefully we can pickup some solid college bats in the 2013 draft. Yes, Kris Bryant.

Old
11-30-2012, 03:03 PM
Diamond Joe Quimby
A$AP Joffrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyedea View Post
I knew he'd get claimed. Whatever, hopefully we can pickup some solid college bats in the 2013 draft. Yes, Kris Bryant.
Austin Wilson

Old
11-30-2012, 03:07 PM
Woodman19
#TeamBernier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlong View Post
Anybody know if Floyd's rumored elbow issues are minor/major? Has managed to pitch roughly 190 innings in the last 4 seasons. Consistent K/9 and K/BB. The long ball hurt him last season, but as a tradeoff his velocity actually went up a touch. Apparently Chicago is trying to shed some salary so they can spend money elsewhere. (Link) I don't think he would take all that much to aqcuire. Owed 9.5m in 2013, free agent afterwards.
I like Floyd, great upward trending peripherals and able to eat a ton of innings.

Old
11-30-2012, 03:15 PM
Eyedea
The Legend Continues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond Joe Quimby View Post
Austin Wilson
If he were to drop to us I'd cream. I don't think he'd get past the Marlins though.

Old
11-30-2012, 03:18 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Tommy hanson gone to the angels who knew. That's pretty awesome

11-30-2012, 03:42 PM
JAMmer124
Independent Living

Quote:
If he were to drop to us I'd cream. I don't think he'd get past the Marlins though.
Well they've been so nice to us, why not just extend one last favour?

Old
11-30-2012, 03:46 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
Tommy hanson gone to the angels who knew. That's pretty awesome
For Jordan Walden.

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."

Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.
Old
11-30-2012, 04:09 PM
Powdered Toast Man
Is he a ham?

Wouldn't mind Karstens as competition for Happ.

Old
11-30-2012, 04:13 PM
Inigo Montoya

Jurjjens and Moylan also non-tendered.

Old
11-30-2012, 04:23 PM
Ohio Jones
The other Dexter

Talk to me about Schlereth (Tigers). Possible AAAA signing?

Old
11-30-2012, 04:24 PM
GoHardSports
TorontoMarleauLeafs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafsforlife98 View Post
Reports are he is seeking a 20 million extension for 2 more years added. So that`s 3 years and 25 million total for a guy who just won the Cy Young award. Money wise, I don`t think it gets any better than that. Rickey Romero makes similar money. Yea, it`s kind of a risk if he all of a sudden goes from Cy Young winner to absolute garbage, but Knuckleballers usually last a lot longer. not as taxing on the arm to throw 60 mile per hour and I think he will be solid for a couple more years.
Dickey throws an 80 mph Knuckler, not 60. The fact that he throws it so hard is why its so devastating.

Old
11-30-2012, 04:32 PM
Nullus Reverentia

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakes View Post
http://thestar.blogs.com/thespin/201...on-in-soc.html

I hate Damien Cox. Buerhle hasn't even played a game for the Jays and he is slamming him because he wants to bring his dog with him? Dog people, myself included, would do the exact same thing for their pets. Posting ignorant and inflammatory blogs about how Buerhle should talk to dog bite victims makes me want to puke. Hey, don't worry about the facts that Pitbulls aren't even top three in the dog bite statistics or it's not even the dog's fault, just run your mouth because some guy wants to bring his dog with him. Hell, an unsavory person can and probably has trained a Lab to be crazy too.

I don't own a pitbull (I'm a Lab guy), but I know if I was a pitcher and I couldn't bring my dog with me, I would want to be traded. That's not hyperbole either. God, I'm mad. I hate idiots.
Damien Cox only writes negative articles. He picks on every Toronto team, but the Blue Jays especially.

I was so happy when he left to join Sportsnet and is never on TSN anymore. He doesn't know what he's talking about, he's a shock job but mostly in print not radio.

People here don't like Bobcat (Bob McCown), but Cox is 100x worse. Good things he's not on PTS anymore.

Old
11-30-2012, 04:40 PM
weems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faidh ar Rud Eigin View Post
Damien Cox only writes negative articles. He picks on every Toronto team, but the Blue Jays especially.

I was so happy when he left to join Sportsnet and is never on TSN anymore. He doesn't know what he's talking about, he's a shock job but mostly in print not radio.

People here don't like Bobcat (Bob McCown), but Cox is 100x worse. Good things he's not on PTS anymore.
Ahhh he still is.

Old
11-30-2012, 04:41 PM
Nullus Reverentia

Quote:
Originally Posted by weems View Post
Ahhh he still is.
Not as often as he used to be. For which I am thankful.

Or maybe I just get lucky and never hear him. I listen to it usually 2 or 3 times a week and I haven't heard Cox for months.

Old
11-30-2012, 05:07 PM
Eyedea
The Legend Continues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funk Volume View Post
Well they've been so nice to us, why not just extend one last favour?
Well Austin Wilson is sort of like the next Giancarlo (I'll still refer to you as Mike) Stanton. So maybe they'll think to themselves, "hmph, Wilson wants a signing bonus over 4 million dollars, let's snag a high school kid that isn't committed to a program."

Of course there's still the Bo Sox and Pirates (plus the Royals, but I think they will go for a pitcher) ahead of us.

Old
11-30-2012, 05:13 PM
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers

Quote:
A little sad about big Mike, but I wish him the best in the Cleveland system. Think he'll turn into a Ken Harvey type, so no real loss. Good to hear about Carreno being retained. Has potential to be a good bullpen arm.
Yeah McDade doesn't have much upside. It would have been nice to keep him around but we already have Cooper who I like a bit better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by topched View Post
Surprised about Carreno tbh. I think he's still got a good future... whether it's as a backend starter or reliever. He throws hard and has a decent arsenal of pitches.

Glad we retained him, that's valuable pitching depth. He can be filed under AAAA starter.
Carreno doesn't throw hard. Even as a reliever, its really average velocity. Not much of an arsenal either (FB/slider combo), with no real third pitch. Any sort of future he has is in the pen and even then, it's maybe more of a middle reliever who needs to be protected against lefties.

Quote:
Yes, want Kris Bryant!

Quote:
Austin Wilson
Him too. Really want one of those college bats. I hope they target some positional players in the upcoming draft. I know you need to go with BPA but you gotta try picking up some big bats with power along the way.

Old
11-30-2012, 05:18 PM
Jozay
lolwut?

Whens the draft? June?

Old
11-30-2012, 05:41 PM
mapes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post