HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

v.23: The Return of Kyle Lowry

Closed Thread

Old
12-12-2012, 12:36 AM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
Keep Amare far from Toronto. He's getting injury prone and is totally not deserving of the max contract.
I'd rather pay him then Andrea. His offensive game helps the team more.

12-12-2012, 12:51 AM
Dark Knight
Troll-Marov!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDion03 View Post
I'd rather pay him then Andrea. His offensive game helps the team more.
Help our team do what? Make the playoffs? He couldn't take the Knicks anywhere and he's on his last knees.

Say what you will about Andrea but there was a stretch last year when he was playing very well and then injuries took over. I'm not making excuses for him. He's been beyond awful this year but at his contract, I would much rather take him than an injury prone Amare who is signed to a max deal, and is full of other question marks as well. Oh, and he can't defend either much like Andrea.

Can he come back healthy after surgery?

Will his play be identical to what it was during the first half of his first season with Knicks?

Can he co-exist with a me-first PG like Kyle Lowry?

Face it. He'd most likely be an even worst fit in Toronto than Andrea already is.

12-12-2012, 12:54 AM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

Quote:
Help our team do what? Make the playoffs? He couldn't take the Knicks anywhere and he's on his last knees.

Say what you will about Andrea but there was a stretch last year when he was playing very well and then injuries took over. I'm not making excuses for him. He's been beyond awful this year but at his contract, I would much rather take him than an injury prone Amare who is signed to a max deal, and is full of other question marks as well. Oh, and he can't defend either much like Andrea.

Will his play be identical to what it was during the first half of his first season with Knicks?

Face it. He'd most likely be an even worst fit in Toronto than Andrea already is.
Because Amare can rebound and box out. That alone is worth more to this team then Andrea. Plus all you need to do is run pick and roll with Lowry and him. It'd be deadly.

Old
12-12-2012, 01:02 AM
JMcLeaf
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 439
If we are trading for a guy with a big contract, I'd prefer Stoudemire over Gasol. Probably not smart at this point to trade for either though.

Curious what Stoudemire would cost us in a trade.

Old
12-12-2012, 01:03 AM
Dark Knight
Troll-Marov!!

Raptors need to fully rebuild the right way.

Getting Amare might push us for mediocrity and that's about it.

He isn't a franchise player anymore. He never was. Steve Nash made him out to be that but even then he wasn't a player capable of creating his own chances.

He signed a mega deal with New York and honestly, we can't afford to take another team's burden.

The only way out for the Raptors is to bring on a GM who is dead set on a complete rebuild. Trade away our existing assets only if we get something back to assist our rebuild, not push us towards more mediocrity. You don't get anywhere with picks between 7th and 15th overall.

Old
12-12-2012, 01:05 AM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

Quote:
Raptors need to fully rebuild the right way.

Getting Amare might push us for mediocrity and that's about it.

He isn't a franchise player anymore. He never was. Steve Nash made him out to be that but even then he wasn't a player capable of creating his own chances.

He signed a mega deal with New York and honestly, we can't afford to take another team's burden.

The only way out for the Raptors is to bring on a GM who is dead set on a complete rebuild. Trade away our existing assets only if we get something back to assist our rebuild, not push us towards more mediocrity. You don't get anywhere with picks between 7th and 15th overall.
I'd rather give up a pick that was 7th or 15th overall this year then anything else. And plus we could probably package Calderon + Bargs + something else in some way to get Amare. But I doubt we deal with NY after what we did with Fields.

Old
12-12-2012, 01:20 AM
Dark Knight
Troll-Marov!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDion03 View Post
I'd rather give up a pick that was 7th or 15th overall this year then anything else. And plus we could probably package Calderon + Bargs + something else in some way to get Amare. But I doubt we deal with NY after what we did with Fields.
It's true that our 1st this year is top 3 protected, but what if we were to get the 4th overall pick which would still net us a solid prospect? In that case the 4th overall will be going to OKC. This is a year to TANK.

We're heading down that road this season where it is not hard to conceive getting a top 3 pick which we will retain.

Trading for Amare will mean much more than than. That is one pathetic contract we'll be consuming. That is precisely the reason why even going after Gasol doesn't make sense for our team at this point.

Our core is not good enough to be adding a veteran like Amare or Gasol to.

Old
12-12-2012, 01:29 AM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

Quote:
It's true that our 1st this year is top 3 protected, but what if we were to get the 4th overall pick which would still net us a solid prospect? In that case the 4th overall will be going to OKC. This is a year to TANK.

We're heading down that road this season where it is not hard to conceive getting a top 3 pick which we will retain.

Trading for Amare will mean much more than than. That is one pathetic contract we'll be consuming. That is precisely the reason why even going after Gasol doesn't make sense for our team at this point.

Our core is not good enough to be adding a veteran like Amare or Gasol to.
This isn't the year to tank. Because if we do get the pick then it's not even that good of a draft. And this team isn't any better of then it was to begin with. What if Lowry and Amare click? I'm not saying we should do it, but Amare is still a lot better for this team then Andrea is and that's just because of his rebounding.

Old
12-12-2012, 01:44 AM
Dark Knight
Troll-Marov!!

Noels and Muhammed project to be very good prospects.

I'm not saying its a great draft but. hypothetically, if we were to trade Andrea for Amare and get that 7th to 8th pick this year, which goes to OKC, then what happens next year?

We still won't be good enough for the playoffs. Even if we are, we will definitely not be good enough for a title. We'll realistically end up with another mid-to-late lottery pick and pick another prospect with question marks.

What you're proposing here is a quick fix. Just because we don't want OKC's pick to be a high one doesn't mean we should acquire an undeserving max contract player.

I don't care if we acquire a max contract player, but he at least has to be worth it.

Old
12-12-2012, 10:14 AM
RayzorIsDull

Stoudemire is done. He would add nothing to this team except a large salary hit. Dude plays matador D and isn't missed by the Knicks.

Old
12-12-2012, 10:27 AM
Nazem Bozak

I'm telling you. Wiggins.

Old
12-12-2012, 11:21 AM
Stats01

Quote:

I tend to agree with most of this, only thing I prefer with Amare is that he can rebound. I still can't comprehend how a 7fter can average less than 5 rebounds a game. It's mind boggling. Andrea's height alone should give him 8-10 a game. The softest big man I've ever seen. Although back to my point with Amare, I wouldn't want to take that max deal just for rebounding. Amare would be a bad fit here. Plus Amare's D could somehow be worse than Andrea's and thats saying lot.

Old
12-12-2012, 11:22 AM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stats01 View Post
I tend to agree with most of this, only thing I prefer with Amare is that he can rebound. I still can't comprehend how a 7fter can average less than 5 rebounds a game. It's mind boggling. Andrea's height alone should give him 8-10 a game. The softest big man I've ever seen. Although back to my point with Amare, I wouldn't want to take that max deal just for rebounding. Amare would be a bad fit here.
This is the only reason why I'd want Amare. I'd rather pay Amare for the 5 years we get out of him, even if he just rebounds the ball. It'll help our defense and offense that much more.. Specially offensively when Andrea barely has any moves. Amare will atleast be perfect for pick and rolls with Lowry and make room for our wing guys like DD and Ross.

Old
12-12-2012, 11:48 AM
JMcLeaf
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

So no Lowry, Bargs, Kleiza or Johnson tonight. Should be a fun one

Old
12-12-2012, 12:02 PM
Stats01

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcLeaf View Post
So no Lowry, Bargs, Kleiza or Johnson tonight. Should be a fun one
Yeah just heard on the FAN about that..we're going to get annihilated tonight.

Old
12-12-2012, 12:02 PM
calcal798

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcleaf View Post
so no lowry, bargs, kleiza or johnson tonight. Should be a fun one
4-19.

They should start giving out Brown Bags with eyes holes for the fans of the MLSE owned sports teams.

Old
12-12-2012, 12:22 PM
Eytinge

Amare is a terrible idea and not even close to a 20 million dollar player. I want no part of his broken self.

Old
12-12-2012, 12:24 PM
JMcLeaf
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Do you think we have the pieces to put a deal together for Kevin Love? Would it probably do more harm than good for the future of the franchise because of the cost?

Old
12-12-2012, 12:29 PM
topched

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stats01 View Post
Yeah just heard on the FAN about that..we're going to get annihilated tonight.
This is good.

Honestly I hope the raps can Colangelo. Give the team to Stefanski... let him blow it up his way with a long leash, instead of having BC try to save his ass with a boom-bust move.

Let Stefanski take the interim reigns, trade Bargs, Calderon and Kleiza with the hope that you can get a first round pick from someone. Let these guys reek on the defensive end for some other team and hope that gets you another top 15 first rounder.

Play Val, TRoss, ED etc. Get them going, judge Casey based on how he does developing them for the rest of the year and build this thing from the ground up

Old
12-12-2012, 12:30 PM
topched

Quote:
Do you think we have the pieces to put a deal together for Kevin Love? Would it probably do more harm than good for the future of the franchise because of the cost?
Definitely don't have the pieces IMO.

We're looking at Val+ DD maybe. Might be an easier deal to get done if we had a 1st round pick to give up... but it would put us in too much of a hole.

Plus I doubt the TWolves are ready to move KL.

Old
12-12-2012, 12:31 PM
TOGuy14

Quote:
What pieces would we actually have to offer at this point for a superstar player like Love?

Our best player is Lowry (probably) but there isn't any depth behind him.

Almost every other one of ours players is more or less a salary dump (Kleiza, Bargs, Fields, Calderon etc) but they aren't even necessarily expiring contracts.

We don't even have our first this year (and since we can't go back to back years without a 1st, the value of our 1st is minimized since you don't know when it could be available again)

Essentially, we aren't even remotely close to having the assets the deal for Love.

Thanks BC

Old
12-12-2012, 12:31 PM
Platinum Seat Leafs

is there any rumors regarding the Raptors lately ? Any Free agents we may sign Jonny Flynn is rotting in Australia he was 1st round pick 6th overall in 2009 and is a nice PG would love a guy like him and he is only 23 so still young enough to work into now and the future.

Any ligit rumors though?

Old
12-12-2012, 12:34 PM
Stats01

Quote:
Originally Posted by topched View Post
This is good.

Honestly I hope the raps can Colangelo. Give the team to Stefanski... let him blow it up his way with a long leash, instead of having BC try to save his ass with a boom-bust move.

Let Stefanski take the interim reigns, trade Bargs, Calderon and Kleiza with the hope that you can get a first round pick from someone. Let these guys reek on the defensive end for some other team and hope that gets you another top 15 first rounder.

Play Val, TRoss, ED etc. Get them going, judge Casey based on how he does developing them for the rest of the year and build this thing from the ground up
Same here, I really hope they get embarrassed tonight, I want some moves to be made. I want to know if Rogers and Bell even know what's going on here? Are they awake? I hope they get smashed tonight, so ownership can get rid of Colangelo and his weak ass drafts and terrible trades and signing bench calibre players to long term contracts. I'm sick of that clown, he's single handedly ruined this franchise. We're like an expansion team without a first round pick.

Old
12-12-2012, 12:36 PM
Stats01

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALDAL View Post
is there any rumors regarding the Raptors lately ? Any Free agents we may sign Jonny Flynn is rotting in Australia he was 1st round pick 6th overall in 2009 and is a nice PG would love a guy like him and he is only 23 so still young enough to work into now and the future.

Any ligit rumors though?
I've read on other boards that Calderon has asked for a trade but I can't find any info on that. Not sure if it's legit or not.

Old
12-12-2012, 12:36 PM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALDAL View Post

Any ligit rumors though?
Not needed. Just another shooter.

Closed Thread