HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)

Team Sweden 2014 Defenseman #3

View Poll Results: #3 Defenseman on Team Sweden 2014
Tobias Enstrom 29 17.06%
Niklas Kronwall 67 39.41%
Douglas Murray 2 1.18%
Niklas Hjarlmarsson 0 0%
Victor Hedman 6 3.53%
Alex Edler 56 32.94%
Carl Gunnarsson 0 0%
Adam Larsson 10 5.88%
Jonathan Ericsson 0 0%
Voters: 170. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-29-2012, 06:51 PM
  #1
DKQ
Generic User Title
 
DKQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Press Box
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,122
vCash: 500
Team Sweden 2014 Defenseman #3

Vote and tell me who to add

1. Erik Karlsson (89.6%)

2. Oliver Ekman-Larsson (43.2%)

DKQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 06:55 PM
  #2
LPH
[hello] :)
 
LPH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Granduland
Country: United States
Posts: 38,778
vCash: 50
it will be interesting to see Larsson and enstrom progress but for now imo (obviously)

hedman
kronwall
edler

LPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 08:09 PM
  #3
laundryman
Registered User
 
laundryman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 973
vCash: 500
Kronwall
Hedman
Edler

laundryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 08:10 PM
  #4
Izzy
Moderator
FollowmeonInstagram!
 
Izzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 43,151
vCash: 270
Kronwall, but Hedman is close to taking my vote

Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 08:12 PM
  #5
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy
 
MAK19's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Madrid
Posts: 13,269
vCash: 500
Kronwall is SO overrated. He ain't that good and will be exposed with Lidstrom's absence.

Can't believe all of you have Edler and frikin Hedman ahead of Enstrom as well. This is Enstrom, and AINEC imo.

MAK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 08:17 PM
  #6
WTFetus
Moderator
 
WTFetus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: San Francisco
Country: United States
Posts: 11,749
vCash: 500
Kronwall
Enstrom
Edler
Hedman

and then probably Larsson and then Hjarlmarsson.

WTFetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 08:18 PM
  #7
Lord Flacko*
Down to let it go
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,399
vCash: 907
Edler by far.

Lord Flacko* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 08:22 PM
  #8
LeX4cavalier
Registered User
 
LeX4cavalier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Tampa
Country: United States
Posts: 1,030
vCash: 500
How is Kronwall better than Enstrom and Edler?? He's averaged 37 points the last 3 seasons, and he'd need to be as good as Chara defensively to make up the offensive difference.

LeX4cavalier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 09:10 PM
  #9
Scottrockztheworld*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,301
vCash: 500
Edler

Kronwall is overrated

Scottrockztheworld* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 09:19 PM
  #10
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,943
vCash: 5555
Edler but I could see an argument for Enstrom.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 10:44 PM
  #11
nowhereman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 3,486
vCash: 500
Edler, at his best, is Sweden's second best defenseman. His consistency is the question.

It's a toss up between him and Enstrom. Kronwall is a bit overrated here.

nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 10:56 PM
  #12
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 17,416
vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeX4cavalier View Post
How is Kronwall better than Enstrom and Edler?? He's averaged 37 points the last 3 seasons, and he'd need to be as good as Chara defensively to make up the offensive difference.
Kronwall also doesn't play on the #1 PP unit. His numbers should actually go up offensively with that change. He also has taken on the bulk of the really tough assignments for the last two seasons and has been the number 1 PK guy on Detroit along with Stuart. Lidstrom leaving really mostly just allows him more offensive opportunities. The loss be felt by the Wings as a whole to be sure, but Kronwall will likely see a big bump in reputation.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 11:08 PM
  #13
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy
 
MAK19's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Madrid
Posts: 13,269
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
Kronwall also doesn't play on the #1 PP unit. His numbers should actually go up offensively with that change. He also has taken on the bulk of the really tough assignments for the last two seasons and has been the number 1 PK guy on Detroit along with Stuart. Lidstrom leaving really mostly just allows him more offensive opportunities. The loss be felt by the Wings as a whole to be sure, but Kronwall will likely see a big bump in reputation.
Lidstrom definitely got the toughest matchups, not Kronwall.

Despite this, Kronwall really was exposed last season, giving many more goals then the rest of Detroit's defense.

That said, yes I could see him increasing his points totals on the PP.

MAK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 11:19 PM
  #14
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 17,416
vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
Lidstrom definitely got the toughest matchups, not Kronwall.

Despite this, Kronwall really was exposed last season, giving many more goals then the rest of Detroit's defense.

That said, yes I could see him increasing his points totals on the PP.
Kronwall got more than you think over the last couple years. A big part of the dip in his numbers last year is Brad Stuart decided not to show up. He has never been awesome in his own zone but I can't really say that about the guys he goes up against here either. Edler is one of the most protected offensive zone start guys in the league as far as d-man.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 11:37 PM
  #15
The Red Line
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,176
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
Kronwall is SO overrated. He ain't that good and will be exposed with Lidstrom's absence.

Can't believe all of you have Edler and frikin Hedman ahead of Enstrom as well. This is Enstrom, and AINEC imo.
Kronwall barely played with Lidstrom the past few years, so I don't see how Lidstrom's absence will affect his game whatsoever, other than give hime more ice time and more opportunity. (he scored 15 goals last season...)

If he didn't play with Listrom, how will he be "exposed" in his absence?


Last edited by The Red Line: 11-29-2012 at 11:43 PM.
The Red Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 12:31 AM
  #16
Tuk Tuk
Registered User
 
Tuk Tuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Sault Ste Marie, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 153
vCash: 500
Who would be partnered with Karlsson on the first pairing? I still think Kronwall is the best bet.

Tuk Tuk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 12:39 AM
  #17
DKQ
Generic User Title
 
DKQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Press Box
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,122
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuk Tuk View Post
Who would be partnered with Karlsson on the first pairing? I still think Kronwall is the best bet.
Toss up between him and OEL. I think they would be best putting OEL and Karlsson as top pairing (OEL is super consistent and would allow Karlsson tons of freedom, Karlsson can help bring out OEL's improving offensive game), putting Edler and Kronwall out as a 1b pairing that can also do it all, and then have Hedman and Enstrom as the traditional shutdown pairing (that is still quite adept offensively)

DKQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 02:44 AM
  #18
Tomas W
Registered User
 
Tomas W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Sweden
Posts: 4,656
vCash: 500
We need someone that can hit, so I say Kronwall.

Add Staffan Kronwall.

Tomas W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 02:50 AM
  #19
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 17,416
vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by DropkickQuinn View Post
Toss up between him and OEL. I think they would be best putting OEL and Karlsson as top pairing (OEL is super consistent and would allow Karlsson tons of freedom, Karlsson can help bring out OEL's improving offensive game), putting Edler and Kronwall out as a 1b pairing that can also do it all, and then have Hedman and Enstrom as the traditional shutdown pairing (that is still quite adept offensively)
Depends three of those four guys are left handed. Not sure if OEL can play RD, I know Kronwall isn't great when put over there, so chances are he stay on the left which will impact which pairing he can go with. Edler is also a guy that plays on the left, even when we talk about bringing Edler to Detroit next off-season hopefully we don't put them on the same pairing.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 03:20 AM
  #20
DKQ
Generic User Title
 
DKQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Press Box
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,122
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
Depends three of those four guys are left handed. Not sure if OEL can play RD, I know Kronwall isn't great when put over there, so chances are he stay on the left which will impact which pairing he can go with. Edler is also a guy that plays on the left, even when we talk about bringing Edler to Detroit next off-season hopefully we don't put them on the same pairing.
I envisioned Edler sliding over, I feel like he is the most versatile of the 3 and would be able to adapt best. No idea why I feel that way, but that's the way she goes

DKQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 03:35 AM
  #21
Elvs
Registered User
 
Elvs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Pitea
Country: Sweden
Posts: 6,650
vCash: 500
I dont care if you think Kronwall is overrated, he's usually very good on the National Team (was pretty underwhelming in the most recent WC tournament though). Anyways, I have a difficult time ranking our defensemen, but Karlsson/Kronwall/Edler/Enstrom/Ekman-Larsson should all be given. And the way Hedman tends to play for Team Sweden, I think I'd rather have Hjalmarsson, although that could obviously change before 2014.

Elvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 05:13 AM
  #22
InjuredChoker
Registered User
 
InjuredChoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: LTIR or golf course
Posts: 17,452
vCash: 500
So close with the rest of them but went with Edler because I think everyone makes it (Kronwall, Hedman, Enström). Larsson as 7th dman unless he really breaks through. Which is quite possible.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 05:25 AM
  #23
JayKing
Go Habs Go
 
JayKing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,255
vCash: 390
Enstrom ainec

JayKing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 06:10 AM
  #24
Jurgen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 35
vCash: 500
who the hell would pick hedman over murray?

Jurgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 06:16 AM
  #25
StringerBell
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 10,000
vCash: 500
Most people.

StringerBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:32 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.