HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Maple Leafs goalie James Reimer anxious for chance at redemption

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-03-2012, 01:45 PM
  #51
4evaBlue
Corsi != Possession
 
4evaBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,526
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaiveLeafsFan View Post
People still defend Gus as a goalie? The guy is terrible. How do we as a fanbase have such high standards for our prospects but our goalies can be complete crap and people will still love them. Makes no sense.
Good effort, but should try a little harder next time.

Grade: C-

4evaBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 01:58 PM
  #52
NaiveLeafsFan
Registered User
 
NaiveLeafsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Ajax, UofT
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,827
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4evaBlue View Post
Good effort, but should try a little harder next time.

Grade: C-
NHL: 107 GP, 2.98 GAA, .900 SV/%

I'm sorry if you think these are the stats of a good goaltender, then you need to re-evaluate what you think good goaltending is. Give me some quantifiable evidence that he should even be in the NHL.

NaiveLeafsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 02:07 PM
  #53
4evaBlue
Corsi != Possession
 
4evaBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,526
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaiveLeafsFan View Post
NHL: 107 GP, 2.98 GAA, .900 SV/%

I'm sorry if you think these are the stats of a good goaltender, then you need to re-evaluate what you think good goaltending is. Give me some quantifiable evidence that he should even be in the NHL.
No worries, some idiot GM who knows nothing about hockey apparently picked him up. You won't have to worry about seeing him in a Leafs uniform again.

4evaBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 03:10 PM
  #54
mapleleaf979
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,664
vCash: 500
Im not a Reimer fan myself. I dont think he can be a full time starter. There is too many weaknesses that need work. His glove hand is terrible. He will move his shoulder upwards and put his arm at his side hoping the puck hits him. It appears thats was Allaire technique. Why would anyone want to go high glove?




One thing about Scrivens is that he is terrible at puck handling, that needs alot of work. Anyone else notice Ben Scrivens holds his glove like a back catcher? He will have to rotate his wrist for it to be in proper position, his hand position can be exposed at the NHL level in a big big way. This is a big problem.





Last edited by mapleleaf979: 12-03-2012 at 03:19 PM.
mapleleaf979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 03:34 PM
  #55
ponder
Registered User
 
ponder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,784
vCash: 500
I really hope he does bounce back. 24 is still pretty young for a goalie, and I do think he has the potential to be a long term starter. If we played great team defence, we might be very happy with him as a starter, but with our porous defence we've been looking for a star goalie who can bail us out constantly, not a goalie who can just play decently well. Not fair for Reimer, really, but I think that's the main reason the team has been shopping around for another goalie.

ponder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 03:46 PM
  #56
RealisticLeaf55
Hurt a Smurf
 
RealisticLeaf55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Ottawa, On.
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,901
vCash: 500
Reimer is a very skilled goalie and was a major part of the reason why we had such a strong start. When Gionta crushed Reimer though Reims became too nerve- wracked to play his athletic, out of the crease game which really hurt his stats and our team. If he can return to form he will easily be a starter for the leafs and for hopefully a long time.

RealisticLeaf55 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 04:18 PM
  #57
Kingstonian84*
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealisticLeaf55 View Post
Reimer is a very skilled goalie and was a major part of the reason why we had such a strong start. When Gionta crushed Reimer though Reims became too nerve- wracked to play his athletic, out of the crease game which really hurt his stats and our team. If he can return to form he will easily be a starter for the leafs and for hopefully a long time.
I disagree he was the sole reason we got off to the 4-0-1 start! Reimer stole us the 1st game vs Montreal when he made 38 saves, I'll give him that we had no business being in. The game against Ottawa I'm sorry but he crapped the bed giving up 5 goals in the 3rd period, that is brutal and lousy goaltending no matter which way you slice it. Against Calgary he gave up two real stinkers early on, but give him credit he shut the door the rest of the way allowing us the come back from behind and win. Basicaly he gave us average goaltending, nothing spectualar but enough to get by, another main reason was that Kessel line was carrying us as well.

Kingstonian84* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 06:19 PM
  #58
RogerRoeper*
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 21,694
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaiveLeafsFan View Post
NHL: 107 GP, 2.98 GAA, .900 SV/%

I'm sorry if you think these are the stats of a good goaltender, then you need to re-evaluate what you think good goaltending is. Give me some quantifiable evidence that he should even be in the NHL.
Ken Holland agrees with him.

RogerRoeper* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 07:19 PM
  #59
Stephen
Registered User
 
Stephen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 32,309
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf979 View Post
Im not a Reimer fan myself. I dont think he can be a full time starter. There is too many weaknesses that need work. His glove hand is terrible. He will move his shoulder upwards and put his arm at his side hoping the puck hits him. It appears thats was Allaire technique. Why would anyone want to go high glove?




One thing about Scrivens is that he is terrible at puck handling, that needs alot of work. Anyone else notice Ben Scrivens holds his glove like a back catcher? He will have to rotate his wrist for it to be in proper position, his hand position can be exposed at the NHL level in a big big way. This is a big problem.



The way Scrivens holds his stupid glove hand annoys me to no end. He looks like a complete retard.

This is how you do it:


Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:36 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.