HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > The Lounge
The Lounge "...Where the parking lot of the Igloo meets the concourse of the Nassau County Coliseum and the bathroom line of the Skyreach..." - Wickedbsfan

Lady Advice Thread XXXI: A woman needs love

Closed Thread

Old
11-30-2012, 04:35 PM
McLovin25
Eberle=Clutch

vCash: 500
Thread title should be all women deserve love

Old
11-30-2012, 11:38 PM
DeflatedFootball7

Quote:
Originally Posted by PromNite View Post
Is DeflatedFootball still around?

Dude, you gotta be honest with me, were you just ****ing with us with that story about the girl kicking you out and then her roommates yelling at you? Because that story doesn't make any ******* sense.
Nope it's 100 % true. Talked to her today. She says she doesn't want to be friends at all anymore.

Old
11-30-2012, 11:44 PM
Pink Mist
RIP MM*

Girl in one of my classes who I always flirt with and is touchy feely with me, although we haven't gone out or hooked up. She's cute, but I was always on the fence if I wanted to interested or not, so I never made any attempts for a move. Anyway I was walking home today and I saw her. So I was talking to her, and she asks if she can ask me a question. The way she asked made it seem like she was going to ask me out or something haha. But nope, turns out she wanted to know who the guy who sits beside me in class is because she thinks he's cute.

I guess it was kind of surprising as I thought she was into me, although I shouldn't be disappointed as I wasn't actively pursuing her. If anything though, it makes me want to make a move.

Old
12-01-2012, 12:28 AM
Lonny Bohonos
Kassian = P.A.G.A.N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don panch View Post
Appreciate the detailed response, right now I could walk away, but this is really intriguing to me. I always felt that I acted in a different manner than I have with other girls in the past, I led most of the conversations, I felt comfortable, confident, but maybe I got to complacent and waited a tad to long. Now your second part about asking on an actual date this time, I just wouldn't want to get caught in the trap of having her think that I have already asked. I feel like I can approach this confidently, but I wouldn't know how to take it from the "lets hang out sometime." to "lets go out." especially after yesterday and the way she was acting.
Drop the "lets hang out sometime" parlance.

Its wishy washy and non-committal.

Sounds like a stoner "dude like we should like totally hangout..... like sometime" or a ditzy highschool cheerleader "like toootallly we should hang out sometime, totally".

Set up something and invite her along.

Preferrably something you like and shows your style.

Do not try to guess her likes and do not plan around her likes.

Your goals are to:

1) get an answer if she likes you romantically.
2) to see if she can fit in with your lifestyle. Will it be worth your time.

You can only do these by being upfront.

Old
12-01-2012, 03:25 AM
Hades

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeflatedFootball7 View Post
Nope it's 100 % true. Talked to her today. She says she doesn't want to be friends at all anymore.
Damn it. Surely she explained why? Please tell me she did. PLEASE.

Old
12-01-2012, 05:46 AM
DRWCountryClub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubi Doo View Post
It sounds like you are getting attached. The minute you have to convince yourself youre not getting attached...you probably are. She probably feels the same way. You have to decide whether you want to pursue a relationship with her or let her go. You'll be in for an emotional rollercoaster if you try to keep things just physical.
It's really hard to say. I don't actually think she's attached, it's been a good four or five months since we have seen each other, so I'm not sure what her feelings are towards me. I buried mine away and was over her, but now I don't know.

If it's not going to work as even casual dating(which would be great) I'd rather not get into thinking about her again. I'm guessing I'll have to see how she feels about what went down and go from there. ****** thing is there definitely is something about this woman that really gets me.

Old
12-01-2012, 09:34 AM
The New Originals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Mist View Post
Girl in one of my classes who I always flirt with and is touchy feely with me, although we haven't gone out or hooked up. She's cute, but I was always on the fence if I wanted to interested or not, so I never made any attempts for a move. Anyway I was walking home today and I saw her. So I was talking to her, and she asks if she can ask me a question. The way she asked made it seem like she was going to ask me out or something haha. But nope, turns out she wanted to know who the guy who sits beside me in class is because she thinks he's cute.

I guess it was kind of surprising as I thought she was into me, although I shouldn't be disappointed as I wasn't actively pursuing her. If anything though, it makes me want to make a move.
Maybe she's trying to make you jealous.

Old
12-01-2012, 09:57 AM
MrFunnyWobbl
So Aaron Baddeley

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to MrFunnyWobbl
Quote:
Originally Posted by The New Originals View Post
Probably.

Old
12-01-2012, 10:38 AM
Dubi Doo

vCash: 2225
Quote:
Originally Posted by The New Originals View Post
Or she's trying to make the other kid jealous by flirting with him. She's playing games eitherway. That's college for ya.

Old
12-01-2012, 12:15 PM
PromNite
Cloud Strife

Send a message via AIM to PromNite
Quote:
Ask her why! Seriously I just wanna know what's up with this chick. If she asks why you wanna know, tell her some guy on the internet is dying to know why she's so crazy.

Adam Tensta's from the 163
Old
12-01-2012, 12:22 PM
PromNite
Cloud Strife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Mist View Post

Dude that suuuucks. If she asked you who the cute guy is behind you, you are squarely seated in the friend zone. And once there, there is no escaping.

Old
12-01-2012, 02:12 PM
Hades

Quote:
Dude that suuuucks. If she asked you who the cute guy is behind you, you are squarely seated in the friend zone. And once there, there is no escaping.
This, but there's also a possibility she's trying to make him jealous. Kind of a desperate attempt. But it seems that he's most likely in the friendzone. It's still possible to escape though, just really hard.

Old
12-01-2012, 03:10 PM
LeafOfBread
van Dreamsdyk

Quote:
She'll come back to you eventually like a hungry dog, don't give her the time of day now and don't be the first one to send a message or reach out.

Old
12-01-2012, 05:39 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forty View Post
Little while back I posted about getting together with my ex since we both moved to Toronto.

Anyway, we ended up getting together recently, I took her out for some drinks at a bar near her place to catch up. So things went really well talking with her and it seemed like there was maybe something there between us still. Things were going great. I think it's worth pointing out that she made it clear she hadn't met a lot of people or been doing too much crazy stuff(considering she's really outgoing).

So we get back to her place and eventually I made a move and we get down.

I'm a happy guy when I fall asleep. She's up before me working on some stuff so I get up and get kind of a cold response. I really wasn't sure how to react so I just kept my distance and wanted to see how things played out. Anyway, so i got basically nothing from her, we didn't talk at all about what happened until I was leaving, and what she said that it was unexpected and needed to process it, which I agreed with(really wasn't expecting to get laid) and so I asked if she'd want to see each other again sometime and her response was kind of wishy-washy but I can see us getting together again.

What's confusing me is her reception in the morning. Usually the morning after sex it doesn't feel awkward to even touch that person, but it did with her. I mean, I'm not looking for a relationship again right now, but I do have feelings for her and want to see her again, but I'm wondering what I was to her or what she wants?

Was it a mistake on her part? Just some drunken sex? Why the cold shoulder?I think it's been a while for her, so maybe just needed some?

I was tempted to text her but didn't. A few days have gone by and I feel good about myself and I'm not fretting too much over this girl, but it's just really confusing to me. I'm moving forward telling myself not to get attached, do my own thing, who cares if it was just a fling...

Still ****ing with my head though.
she's probably awaiting the results of an STD test and as a result is going through some anxiety.

Old
12-01-2012, 05:42 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
********. My current ****buddy is somebody I was friendzoned with for like 8 years. Its not easy to get out, but you can do it.

Old
12-01-2012, 05:52 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
********. My current ****buddy is somebody I was friendzoned with for like 8 years. Its not easy to get out, but you can do it.
Also got out of the friend zone to earn a **** buddy once. Of course, it didn't last very long. And we had hooked up before in the past, so I'm not sure if it even counts.

Old
12-01-2012, 07:32 PM
PromNite
Cloud Strife

More power to you guys that got out of the friend zone. I wasted way to much time in that God-forsaken zone when I was a teenager, so now when I recognize I'm there I move on post-haste.

Old
12-01-2012, 08:09 PM
DRWCountryClub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
she's probably awaiting the results of an STD test and as a result is going through some anxiety.
Solid response.

Old
12-01-2012, 08:55 PM
DeflatedFootball7

Quote:
Ask her why! Seriously I just wanna know what's up with this chick. If she asks why you wanna know, tell her some guy on the internet is dying to know why she's so crazy.
She told me that I criticize her too much :/

I have no idea what she means by that.

Old
12-01-2012, 09:22 PM
Francesa
Global Moderator

http://twitter.com/MarlenGarcia777/s...65962745692160

"Quoting Rick Majerus: "Never marry a beautiful woman. A beautiful woman will leave you. An ugly woman will leave you, too, but so what?""

Old
12-01-2012, 09:37 PM
PromNite
Cloud Strife

Quote:
She told me that I criticize her too much :/

I have no idea what she means by that.
So... did you criticize her?

Old
12-01-2012, 09:39 PM
DeflatedFootball7

Quote:
So... did you criticize her?
The only thing I can think of is telling her that she needs to learn to make up her mind, which she agreed with and apologized for...

Old
12-01-2012, 10:00 PM
Kitten Mittons

Did you criticize her before the clean-up?

Old
12-01-2012, 10:08 PM
DeflatedFootball7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten Mittons View Post
Did you criticize her before the clean-up?
Nope. Not that I can think of.

Old
12-01-2012, 10:35 PM
The Dayvan Cowboy
Registered Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thLinePlug View Post
Thread title should be all women deserve love
That isn't true though.

Closed Thread