HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > The Lounge
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Lounge "...Where the parking lot of the Igloo meets the concourse of the Nassau County Coliseum and the bathroom line of the Skyreach..." - Wickedbsfan

Lady Advice Thread XXXI: A woman needs love

Closed Thread

Old
12-01-2012, 11:08 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

vCash: 500
TCRF just dumped gf.

Old
12-01-2012, 11:15 PM
Machinehead
★★★★

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyRangerFan View Post
TCRF just dumped gf.
Again?

Or is this the same breakup?

Old
12-02-2012, 12:01 AM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Same one but i havent posted here. though I am doing well in finding potential better gf. but i still dont trust it.

Old
12-02-2012, 03:41 PM
DeflatedFootball7

So for those wanting more info, the girl revealed to me that she was tired of me toying with her emotions. I guess when I told her I liked her she wanted me to ask her out.

Old
12-02-2012, 03:46 PM
PromNite
Armed Android

Send a message via AIM to PromNite
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeflatedFootball7 View Post
So for those wanting more info, the girl revealed to me that she was tired of me toying with her emotions. I guess when I told her I liked her she wanted me to ask her out.
Well, you probably should have done that. Still, her actions only prove that by not asking her out, you avoided an almost certain train wreck.

The deceptive behavior, the roommates yelling at you? That reeks of middle school dude. Believe me, you're lucky.

And telling a girl you like her and not immediately asking her out? Since when is that toying with her emotions?

Adam Tensta's from the 163
Old
12-02-2012, 05:52 PM
KpopandHockey
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PromNite View Post
Well, you probably should have done that. Still, her actions only prove that by not asking her out, you avoided an almost certain train wreck.

The deceptive behavior, the roommates yelling at you? That reeks of middle school dude. Believe me, you're lucky.

And telling a girl you like her and not immediately asking her out? Since when is that toying with her emotions?
Guys post in this thread all the time about girls who give them signs and then don't follow through. I'd say he did more than give signs he told her he liked her then sat around uninterested. It certainly would seem like he's playing games from her point of view.

As for the poster. What the **** were you thinking. You tell her you like her then don't ask her out? wat? Skip the telling her you like her and go straight to asking her out if you ever want to go anywhere with a girl.

Old
12-02-2012, 06:27 PM
Propane Nightmares
The Resist Stance

Thought you guys in this thread might enjoy these videos (there's a part 2 and 3)

Old
12-02-2012, 08:48 PM
CommanderShepard15
Eberle=Clutch

What are all these signs yous talk about.

Minus the obvious ones of course

Old
12-02-2012, 09:38 PM
PromNite
Armed Android

Send a message via AIM to PromNite
Quote:
Originally Posted by KpopandHockey View Post
Guys post in this thread all the time about girls who give them signs and then don't follow through. I'd say he did more than give signs he told her he liked her then sat around uninterested. It certainly would seem like he's playing games from her point of view.

As for the poster. What the **** were you thinking. You tell her you like her then don't ask her out? wat? Skip the telling her you like her and go straight to asking her out if you ever want to go anywhere with a girl.
Enough so that he needed to be reprimanded by roommates?

And name me one guy that is gonna have a girl in his living room just to disappear to clean up a "mess" in the kitchen and then demand that she needs to leave.

Old
12-02-2012, 10:47 PM
Lonny Bohonos
Kassian = P.A.G.A.N

Quote:
Originally Posted by PromNite View Post

Agreed for the most part.

Although if he liked her he should made a move. An action.

This whole "i like you" is high school. Actions speak louder than words and thats precisely what women look at and are generally good at.

He should have made his intentions known, taking the risk of rejection, through actions not words.

However her actions are what we call in the industry a "red flag".

If her nose gets out of joint over something this small that a red flag.

If shes unable to act appropriately to being miffed thats another red flag.

Like you said a train wreck.

May not happen in a month or a year but sure as **** these behaviours if rewarded will be reinforced and will raise their ugly head at some point.

Usually after a series of mini-episodes that get passed off and rationalized as "shes just young", or "shes just emotional" or "she just gets really bad PMS" etc.

Old
12-02-2012, 11:10 PM
Dubi Doo

vCash: 2225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonny Bohonos View Post
Agreed for the most part.

Although if he liked her he should made a move. An action.

This whole "i like you" is high school. Actions speak louder than words and thats precisely what women look at and are generally good at.

He should have made his intentions known, taking the risk of rejection, through actions not words.

However her actions are what we call in the industry a "red flag".

If her nose gets out of joint over something this small that a red flag.

If shes unable to act appropriately to being miffed thats another red flag.

Like you said a train wreck.

May not happen in a month or a year but sure as **** these behaviours if rewarded will be reinforced and will raise their ugly head at some point.

Usually after a series of mini-episodes that get passed off and rationalized as "shes just young", or "shes just emotional" or "she just gets really bad PMS" etc.

The she's just young is a viable excuse, though. A majority of young girls are overly emotional and clingy. Over time, as they cycle through guys, they learn to get over things. Women always make something out of nothing, tho.

Guys aren't perfect at that age, either. I find myself laughing at some of the things that get said by posters in these threads. The younger guys always get caught up in the drama. Calm and cool, my friends. That's how you react.

In the future, deflated, if a girl gets mad at you...give her space. If she isn't mature enough to express herself, then move on. She was toying with your head, because she thought you were toying with hers. Both of you made mistakes. It does look like you avoided huge headache, tho.

Old
12-02-2012, 11:35 PM
Lonny Bohonos
Kassian = P.A.G.A.N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubi Doo View Post
The she's just young is a viable excuse, though. A majority of young girls are overly emotional and clingy. Over time, as they cycle through guys, they learn to get over things. Women always make something out of nothing, tho.

Guys aren't perfect at that age, either. I find myself laughing at some of the things that get said by posters in these threads. The younger guys always get caught up in the drama. Calm and cool, my friends. That's how you react.

In the future, deflated, if a girl gets mad at you...give her space. If she isn't mature enough to express herself, then move on. She was toying with your head, because she thought you were toying with hers. Both of you made mistakes. It does look like you avoided huge headache, tho.
Not sure what "guys arent perfect" has to do with this since 1) the thread isnt about guys 2) i wasnt arguing guys are perfect.

And no her being young is not an excuse for "bad behaviour". You seem to be confusing "overly emotional" with a womans actions, plenty of young women have their **** together.

Of course it all depends on what the guy wants. If he wants an overly emotional woman who cant control her actions then by all means date those women.

If he doesnt then he shouldnt rationalize her behaviour.

Old
12-03-2012, 12:52 AM
DeflatedFootball7

After the initial thing in the apartment I tried to give her some space. Didn't talk to her for four days. I guess I didn't wait long enough, but I was worried about her because I'm a sap...

Old
12-03-2012, 07:14 AM
Sean Garrity
They call me Hampus

*WARNING* Dumb question incoming:

What does it mean if a girl completely rejected you because she was "seeing someone" a month ago, and then 3 weeks later, approached you and, in essence, got your number? I'm thinking green light, and it was probably a test, to which IMO I passed with flying colors by NOT changing at all just never asked her out again.

Old
12-03-2012, 07:18 AM
Lonny Bohonos
Kassian = P.A.G.A.N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Garrity View Post
*WARNING* Dumb question incoming:

What does it mean if a girl completely rejected you because she was "seeing someone" a month ago, and then 3 weeks later, approached you and, in essence, got your number? I'm thinking green light, and it was probably a test, to which IMO I passed with flying colors by NOT changing at all just never asked her out again.
She asked for your number? If so shes probably interested.

Whats your take on it?

Did you get her number?

Old
12-03-2012, 07:33 AM
Franck
Insolent Upstart

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dayvan Cowboy View Post
That isn't true though.
Exactly what I was going to say. There are plenty of women out there who deserve nothing but eternal suffering, just like there are plenty of guys who deserve the same.

Ultimately though, very few things in life comes down to what you "deserve", most things are simply a question of what your are willing to take and what others are willing to give you.

Old
12-03-2012, 10:25 AM
Dubi Doo

vCash: 2225
Quote:
Not sure what "guys arent perfect" has to do with this since 1) the thread isnt about guys 2) i wasnt arguing guys are perfect.

And no her being young is not an excuse for "bad behaviour". You seem to be confusing "overly emotional" with a womans actions, plenty of young women have their **** together.

Of course it all depends on what the guy wants. If he wants an overly emotional woman who cant control her actions then by all means date those women.

If he doesnt then he shouldnt rationalize her behaviour.
1) Guys being immature is a valid topic when talking lady advice, because what some of these kids do is what prevents them from getting women. Getting women is all about how YOU make moves, react to things, etc...

2) i agreed he avoided a headache, and the he shouldn't pursue her.

3) plenty of young girls may very well have their stuff together, but that wasn't what i was disagreeing with. I was arguing that a majority of young girls need time to grow up. I wouldn't date a girl under the age of*21. There's an obvious gap of maturity between a 20 year old and a 27 year old.

All in all, it's a valid excuse, because people don't stop growing up by the age of 20. However, it would be dumb to pursue a relationship with a girl who obviously isn't ready for a relationship.

Last edited by Dubi Doo: 12-03-2012 at 10:33 AM.
Old
12-03-2012, 03:53 PM
Sean Garrity
They call me Hampus

Quote:
She asked for your number? If so shes probably interested.

Whats your take on it?

Did you get her number?
My take is that she either was testing me to seeing how I reacted to her saying no the first time, or she generally was/is seeing someone but regardless is interested. She has no other reason to have my number.

Yes, I have her number and am now going to try and set up a date.

Old
12-04-2012, 04:10 PM
Don panch

So after months of her flirting with me, back and forth she tells me today all casually about her boyfriend being sick, unbelievable you think she could've told me that earlier, waste of my time.

Old
12-04-2012, 04:52 PM
nightfighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don panch View Post
So after months of her flirting with me, back and forth she tells me today all casually about her boyfriend being sick, unbelievable you think she could've told me that earlier, waste of my time.
Why did you wait so long to find out? And why were you flirting for "months" without making a move?

Next time, don't waste your own time.

Old
12-04-2012, 05:02 PM
CommanderShepard15
Eberle=Clutch

Okay lounge. how do i handle this.

I know a certain girl who will text me flirty things and stuff, but im almost positive that she only does it when her and her boyfriend and in a fight. i have no proof of this of course, but i am well aware she has a boyfriend.

Of course i play along with the texts saying stuff like comeon up to my place and you looked soooooo good today .

Btw because this has mattered. yes i am a college student and yes she is as well.

Old
12-04-2012, 05:32 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Stop talking to her.

Old
12-04-2012, 05:37 PM
glovesave_35
Name

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyRangerFan View Post
Stop talking to her.
What this guy said.

Old
12-05-2012, 01:44 AM
CommanderShepard15
Eberle=Clutch

Its 3:43 where i am. and the girl i was talkin about sent me this.

Thanks for texting me tonight *******. nice to know you like me.

Im assuming i ignore this correct

I didnt text her after i posted here. imagine what ill get after a full day haha

Old
12-05-2012, 01:52 AM
Lonny Bohonos
Kassian = P.A.G.A.N

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thLinePlug View Post
Its 3:43 where i am. and the girl i was talkin about sent me this.

Thanks for texting me tonight *******. nice to know you like me.

Im assuming i ignore this correct

I didnt text her after i posted here. imagine what ill get after a full day haha
Yes. Ignore it.

Or text back: No problem. Anytime. ("*****" is optional) lol

Its funny but ive noticed a pattern where ex GFs or girls i used to nail will contact me and looking at the timeline its usually during the period of uncertainty as they are getting into a serious relationship or getting out of.

If you are already stop, if you are thinking about dont: be her GF with a penis.

Closed Thread