HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Hawks - Vancouver

Old
11-30-2012, 11:41 PM
DJOpus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by n00bxQb View Post
Modern day equivalent would be Carey Price for Nick Leddy and Patrick Sharp (or insert young 2nd pair Dman + ~30-year-old top line forward from other team). Roberto Luongo had a tremendous body of work when he was traded back in 2006, Schneider doesn't have that.
I'd say more like Leddy +Toews. Todd was one year removed from being on the first all-star team at the NHL awards, Sharp hasn't ever been close to that.

DJOpus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 12:00 AM
Intense Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJOpus View Post
I'd say more like Leddy +Toews. Todd was one year removed from being on the first all-star team at the NHL awards, Sharp hasn't ever been close to that.

Intense Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 12:02 AM
Back in 94
In Gillis I trust

Quote:
I hate Toews but I think his value right now is better than Berts at the height of his career.

Back in 94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 12:05 AM
Vankiller Whale
Win it for AV

vCash: 5100
I don't think Toews is a good comparable to Bertuzzi, he's closer to Sharp than Toews, but also keep in mind this was for only one year of Luongo. Scheider is locked up for 3. Although Sharp still has more value than him.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 12:05 AM
medhatcanuck

I'm a definate appreciator of the hawks. It's too bad were rivals.

I wouldn't trade Sharp for Schneider. Doesn't make sense for either team. Sharp is worth more than Schneider and Van can't afford to move a goalie prospect drafted and developed who has won the #1 spot over a really good goalie in Luongo.

Sharp and Kes would be a dynamic pair.

medhatcanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 12:07 AM
medhatcanuck

On a serious note well take Toews and Kane off your hands, well give you Ballard and Luongo and maybe Raymond?

medhatcanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 01:52 AM
n00bxQb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
I don't think Toews is a good comparable to Bertuzzi, he's closer to Sharp than Toews, but also keep in mind this was for only one year of Luongo. Scheider is locked up for 3. Although Sharp still has more value than him.
Huh? Luongo signed a 4 year contract extension a few days later, so clearly they had something pre-arranged ...

n00bxQb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 02:09 AM
Vankiller Whale
Win it for AV

vCash: 5100
Quote:
Huh? Luongo signed a 4 year contract extension a few days later, so clearly they had something pre-arranged ...
What I meant was, Florida was literally forced to deal Luongo or his contract would simply expire that year.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 03:47 AM
DJOpus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back in 94 View Post
I hate Toews but I think his value right now is better than Berts at the height of his career.
Quote:
Not that its a big deal guys, but Bertuzzi had a 46G, 97PTS season in an era when it was tougher to score (he was 3rd in goals, 5th in points), than now all while being a "power forward" that hit to hurt people.

At one point Bertuzzi was a lot more valuable than Patrick Sharp could ever dream of being.

Quote:
I remember it not being pre-arranged and that Nonis was roasted pretty well over that. In general Canucks fans were not happy that they traded Bertuzzi for Luongo because they didn't realize how much of a difference Luongo would make. After Luongo's first season nobody ever questioned the move.

Old
12-01-2012, 04:18 AM
jgoud

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckLuck View Post
I'll make a correction. Kesler is exceptional defensively and just very good offensively. He's a 30G 60pt defensive freak of nature. his 40g season was definitely a break-out year and perhaps he'll never hit that total again; But I feel like Kesler is in his prime and will be a consistent 30G scorer for the next 3 seasons.
This quote has you treating him like a God. And if you look at those last 4 seasons without his breakout season he only averages 24 goals a season... scoring over 26 goals once of 6 full seasons does not equal a 30 goal scorer. And injury plagued season? He missed 5 games, please don't say that equals 8 goals

jgoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 11:07 AM
DJOpus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoud View Post
This quote has you treating him like a God. And if you look at those last 4 seasons without his breakout season he only averages 24 goals a season... scoring over 26 goals once of 6 full seasons does not equal a 30 goal scorer. And injury plagued season? He missed 5 games, please don't say that equals 8 goals
I think when people refer to injuries with Kesler they mean the fact that he came back from his hip injury two months early because the team was struggling and played half the season with a torn labrum in his shoulder that required off-season surgery to repair. He would be out until January if it wasn't for the lockout recovering from the shoulder surgery, so it was a major injury.

Old
12-01-2012, 11:18 AM
xX Hot Fuss
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Except he would be. If we added any player(Kovalchuk, Perry, you name it) he'd be on our 2nd line. Our biggest need is to increase the lethality of our 2nd line. We're not going to just stick all our best players on one line.

But obviously calling Sharp a second line player could be perceived as a misnomer.
No way man. I think..

Sedin-Sedin-Sharp
Higgins-Kesler-Burrows

is a lot scarier than...

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Higgins-Kesler-Sharp

Sharp would get 40+ goals having the Sedins set him up, especially with the Nucks powerplay. Higgins-Kesler-Burrows is a good enough 2nd line.

Edit: NOt sure if Higgins is your 2LW or Hansen or whoever. I dont know your guy's roster too well aside from the standouts. All i see is hatred

xX Hot Fuss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 11:19 AM
xX Hot Fuss
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoud View Post
Much like Kane with his wrist, Kesler played most of the season NOT at 100%. You can tell with both of their stat lines

xX Hot Fuss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 11:34 AM
Shawnathon

Quote:
Not that its a big deal guys, but Bertuzzi had a 46G, 97PTS season in an era when it was tougher to score (he was 3rd in goals, 5th in points), than now all while being a "power forward" that hit to hurt people.

At one point Bertuzzi was a lot more valuable than Patrick Sharp could ever dream of being.

I remember it not being pre-arranged and that Nonis was roasted pretty well over that. In general Canucks fans were not happy that they traded Bertuzzi for Luongo because they didn't realize how much of a difference Luongo would make. After Luongo's first season nobody ever questioned the move.
This isn't true AT all. Bertuzzi was leaving a black cloud over the franchise after the Moore hit. Regardless of how many points he put up in 2006. Luongo was suppose to be a world class goalie who turned down big money in Florida to go to a hockey market. Us Panthers got screwed hard. Bertuzzi put up 70 points on a season that goal scoring was up 110%.

Shawnathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 11:54 AM
Cogburn
Trixie Hobbitses

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
No way man. I think..

Sedin-Sedin-Sharp
Higgins-Kesler-Burrows

is a lot scarier than...

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Higgins-Kesler-Sharp

Sharp would get 40+ goals having the Sedins set him up, especially with the Nucks powerplay. Higgins-Kesler-Burrows is a good enough 2nd line.

Edit: NOt sure if Higgins is your 2LW or Hansen or whoever. I dont know your guy's roster too well aside from the standouts. All i see is hatred
Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
xxx(Raymond)-Kesler-Booth
Higgins-xxx(Lapierre? Schroeder?)-Hansen

Is how we kind of see the lines based on last year. We're hoping Kassian makes a splash, and after the playoffs, there may be reason to believe Booth could start up with the Sedins and Burrows being reunited with Kesler could be in the works.

And ditto on the edit, hard to appreciate something that you see as full of hate

Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 03:43 PM
Dr Awesome
Bo "knows" Horvat

vCash: 624
Don't think there is trade to be made between these two teams. It's possible but I feel that if business was to be done its draft picks. However if one team offers up honey pot of team well that's no brainier.

Dr Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 04:06 PM
GoodbyeLuongo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
Sharp or Kane for Schneider, your joking right?

There isn't 1 player on Vancouver I would trade any of the big 6 for.
So you don't want the Sedins?

GoodbyeLuongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 07:17 PM
zytz
lumberjack

Rivalry aside, as a Hawks fan I've long dreamed of Kesler being our 2C- he's a fantastic defensive forward and we would be lucky to have him.

Kesler vs. Sharp gives a slight edge to Kesler in value, mainly because he's a way better center than Sharp can hope to be. Sharp is a fantastic defensive winger in his own right, and puts up way more points on the wing to boot, but he couldn't fill center slot like Kesler could. I think sharp is the better scorer, and maybe even the smarter player, and a great leader for the Hawks, but edge to Kesler for being the premiere 2C in the league, and certainly more able than some teams' 1C.

That said, a trade for Kesler gives us Toews, Kesler, Bolland down the middle, and while that might be the best trio of defensive centers in the league I think the Hawks are better served by relying on Hossa and Sharps defense on the second line, and getting an offensive minded center.... Sharp x Hossa is better than a lot of first lines, but Sharp and Hossa truly would benefit from a set up man who only thinks about getting the puck into the net. I'm eager to see Pirri called up, and while he's no Thornton or Kane as far as play making ability, that kid only sees the net.

I'd love to have Schneider here also, but I can't imagine a way to get him here in a way that makes sense for both teams. Sharp >
Schneider for trade value, but as has been said, the Hawks are extremely unlikely to trade any of Hossa Toews Sharp or Kane. It would just leave an impossibly large whole in our offense... one that I don't see any of Pirri, Morin, or Saad be able to fill for a few years yet, if ever.

zytz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2012, 04:10 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

at the time of the deal, Bertuzzi wasn't as valuable as you VAN Fans seem to think he was. He was past his prime and had all these troubles surrounding him

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2012, 04:14 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
at the time of the deal, Bertuzzi wasn't as valuable as you VAN Fans seem to think he was. He was past his prime and had all these troubles surrounding him
Funny we NEVER know what our players are worth yet everyone else does. Does that mean you don't know the real value of your players but we do?

Scottrockztheworld* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2012, 04:23 PM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 5158
Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
No way man. I think..

Sedin-Sedin-Sharp
Higgins-Kesler-Burrows

is a lot scarier than...

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Higgins-Kesler-Sharp

It's scary, yes but the Sedins have an odd chemistry issue, in the sense they do not jell with a lot of players. Burrows has been an idea fit for quite some time and Sharp, being a comparable player to Kesler would be a huge support to his line. We do not need Sharp scoring 40+ goals. What we need is secondary support so when teams attempt to shutdown the Sedins, we can answer. For instance, take the Bruins series. I wager they would be a lot less willing to focus entirely on the Sedins if it meant their secondary lines got Kesler and Sharp to deal with.

That is no shot toward Sharp, who is among my favorite players, just how our lines tend to be. Sad to say it'd never happen either way but damn if I wouldn't even add to get Sharp for Schneider.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2012, 04:41 PM
supert

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISC View Post
Yeah, yeah...We hate one another, but let's be completley honest in this thread.

To Hawks:
Schneider
2nd

To Canucks:
Sharp.

Why the Hawks do this?
Crawford sucks. The teams achilles heel.

Why the Canucks do this?
Nobody is going to take Reboundo and we need help on the 2nd line.

Both sides won't like this trade because it makes the other team much better. Legit secondaryscoring and playmaking for the Canucks. Legit goaltending for the Hawks.

The Canucks and Hawks will not be making any kind of trade . As an Oiler fan I do not want the Canucks getting better , I see them on their way down real fast . Which will give my Oilers a few more wins a years . However The Canuck have 2 very good goals which will keep them in games as the twins age and their production declines

Last edited by Leaf Rocket: 12-02-2012 at 11:49 PM. Reason: no.
supert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2012, 09:20 PM
n00bxQb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
I'll give you the troubles, but ...

31 years old coming off a 25 goal, 71 point season and made the Canadian Olympic roster ...

Past his prime?

Seems legit

n00bxQb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2012, 09:30 PM
NYVanfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagine17 View Post
Funny we NEVER know what our players are worth yet everyone else does. Does that mean you don't know the real value of your players but we do?
he's not all wrong
after the moore thing there was a huge cloud over bert ...
on the other hand, he still got 71 pts in the full season post-incident w the team

NYVanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 12:59 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
I'll give you the troubles, but ...

31 years old coming off a 25 goal, 71 point season and made the Canadian Olympic roster ...

Past his prime?

Seems legit
what has he done the years before? He was on the decline, the body wasn't the same and with all the troubles, it was understandable. He wasn't that great 90+ pts PWF that teams would have killed to get. He was on the decline and it was easy to see.

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote