HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Hawks - Vancouver

Old
12-23-2012, 05:55 PM
Linden
[hello] :)

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
It's scary, yes but the Sedins have an odd chemistry issue, in the sense they do not jell with a lot of players. Burrows has been an idea fit for quite some time and Sharp, being a comparable player to Kesler would be a huge support to his line. We do not need Sharp scoring 40+ goals. What we need is secondary support so when teams attempt to shutdown the Sedins, we can answer. For instance, take the Bruins series. I wager they would be a lot less willing to focus entirely on the Sedins if it meant their secondary lines got Kesler and Sharp to deal with.

That is no shot toward Sharp, who is among my favorite players, just how our lines tend to be. Sad to say it'd never happen either way but damn if I wouldn't even add to get Sharp for Schneider.
Although I don't think we should be getting older, if we hypothetically traded for Sharp he would get lots of opportunities to see if he can gain chemistry with he Sedins. Burrows- Kesler- Booth is solid, and Burrows does have chemistry with Kesler so it could work. Burrows is able to play above his skill level with the Sedins, so a 1-2 punch with Kesler and Sharp (depending on chemistry) could be exceptionally dangerous.

Linden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2012, 09:54 PM
Hero
Raptors 13/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Co Ho View Post
Where's Sharp's Selke and 40 goal season?
Not a fan of either, but really?

You're trying to bring up his 1 40 goal season?

Kesler's 2nd best season.... 26 goals.

Sharp 567 GP 193 goals 385 points
Kesler 561 GP 153 goals 337 points

Offensively Sharp is a better player.

Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2012, 09:58 PM
Nuckles
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ ( ͡ ᴥ͡)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hero View Post

Yes, bringing up 1 season is a bad comparison, but bringing up career numbers is just as bad.
Who cares what a player did 4+ years ago. We're talking about how good they are today.

Also, Sharp has been playing with much better linemates than Kesler. That should help the points total.

Richer's Ghost made my avatar
Nuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2012, 10:02 PM
Kass Effect

vCash: 358
Please keep in mind, that Kesler's point/goal totals from last season were affected by having no training camp, starting the season on the IR, and battling injuries all season... all 3 of which required surgery. Still put up 49 points.

Kass Effect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2012, 12:54 AM
Flair Hay

The people in this thread claiming Bertuzzi was still "full steam ahead" after the Moore hit are way off base. Bertuzzi was not for a single game the same player after the Moore incident. Ever. His Olympic inclusion was controversial at the time as it turned out. And he was brutal in the tournament. What he was in 2003's value wouldn't exist among power forwards today I don't think. But NHL GMs aren't idiots, everyone except Keenan (apparently) could tell that he was pretty much damaged goods...

Flair Hay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2012, 09:48 AM
Nuck This

vCash: 500
Quote:

Ya he is. But Kesler brings more to the all around table. I think they're pretty much even. Kesler is more physical and a bit better defensively. I like sharps defensive play though. Solid. But not at Keslers level. I wouldn't trade Kesler for Sharp and I'm sure some Hawks fans wouldn't do it was well. Though to be honest I think I'd trade Kesler before Schneider. I think Schneider becomes the best goalie in the league and that's my opinion. I'm not a huge fan of Keslers personality. So from my point of view

Schneider>Kesler-Sharp

Nuck This is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2012, 10:05 AM
Seventeen Twos

vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
Outside view:

Schneider<Sharp<Kesler

Still, I doubt Chiacgo does this. Filling on hole, but making another. Chicago will try to get a good goalie through other means (draft, UFA, cheap goalie) long before they move one of the top 4 for one. Good deal for VAN, bad for CHI.
Also an outsider, bolded part QFT

edit: but value-wise schneider is just a notch higher due to age.

edit2: wait a minute, i dont agree with this at all. Sharp>Kessler>Schneider

Seventeen Twos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2012, 10:46 AM
Luck 6
\\_______

Quote:

Bringing up career numbers doesn't support your argument, in fact it hurts it. I don't care who had an easier transition into the league, I care about who's better now. Personally I think Kesler is, but really I can't say that for sure because he's just returning from injury.

Luck 6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2012, 02:08 PM
Benedict Kovalchuk
Kovalchuk: A spy?

Eh, these two teams will never get anything Vancouver fans act like Schnieder's value is that of Lundqvist or something (despite Schnieder never having started a full season), and Chicago fans refuse to part with any of the big six because they think they are one piece away from another successful cup run (not happening, depth is total garbage) and don't want to give to get. Plus these teams loathe each other. Not happening folks.

Benedict Kovalchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2012, 02:13 PM
CanucksSayEh

Schnieds is just the last player i ever want to see in a hawks jersey, say goodbye to ever kickin em outta the playoffs until he retires.

CanucksSayEh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 07:30 AM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
Sharp or Kane for Schneider, your joking right?

There isn't 1 player on Vancouver I would trade any of the big 6 for.
Sedins > Toews and Kane

Edler or Hamhuis > Seabrook

Kesler > Sharp

I understand you saying that since we are such huge rivals but I mean c'mon we have some great players just like you guys have some incredible players aswell

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
Holy crap, guess I never realized how overrated Schneider is around here. Schneider will return something similar to what Halak got, not an established top player.
Schneider will get a better deal than Halak, and actually Schneider won't even get a deal because we on't move him.

The deal it would take to get Schneider away from us would not only have to match/slightly exceed what Mike Gillis and our managment team believes Schneider is worth but also there would have to be extra value to get us to move him rather than move Luongo.

That means the deal would just have to be amazingly good or else we aren't doing it. From that Hawks that would be one of the big 6, and they aren't doing it. And for good reason, I understand completely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
Kesler-lite? HA.
Kesler is like Sharp-lite.
Kesler > Sharp.

Sharp is Kesler-lite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Yeah, that's gonig to get really ugly because Schneider is the better goalie and will start over Luongo. Luongo will no doubt be a drama queen about being the backup.
I highly doubt that, Luongo has been nothing but classy and professional during this entire process and I don't see that changing.

EDIT: Oh and btw (Not saying this to anyone of you in particular) but you all doubt Schneider now, and I can't wait to see in 3 years when he is in contention the Vezina consistently. This guy is already at the level of some of the top tier guys IMO and when we start to slow down a bit Schneider will emerge and hold us up.

I honestly think he will be a top 5-7 goalie in 3 Years, That's just my opinion though.

Last edited by Sergei Shirokov: 01-04-2013 at 07:36 AM.
Sergei Shirokov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 07:36 AM
Sevanston

I'm really happy you dug up this thread so Hawks and Canucks fans can argue whose core players are better.

It's a topic on which both sides obviously haven't made their viewpoints clear over the last four years.

Sevanston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 08:06 AM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoud View Post
This quote has you treating him like a God. And if you look at those last 4 seasons without his breakout season he only averages 24 goals a season... scoring over 26 goals once of 6 full seasons does not equal a 30 goal scorer. And injury plagued season? He missed 5 games, please don't say that equals 8 goals
Okay let's break it down.

08/09 his 1st season as a top 6 forward he had 26 Goals and 59 Points, that's pretty good.

09/10 He had 25 Goals and 75 Points. So has you can see it wasn't just 1 good year.

Then in 10/11 of course he had his "Career year" Scoring 40, winning the Selke, but the funny thing is he got 73 Points, meaning his career high was 09/10.

People act like 10/11 was his only impressive year yet that wasn't even his best year in terms of Points, once this guy he healthy he will easily 60+ Points and 30+ Goals, I could even see him returning 70+ Points honestly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
No way man. I think..

Sedin-Sedin-Sharp
Higgins-Kesler-Burrows

is a lot scarier than...

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Higgins-Kesler-Sharp
I think your forgetting about Booth? I would go:

Daniel - Henrik - Burrows (Don't mess with a good thing when you don't need too)
Booth - Kesler - Sharp (A 2nd 1st line)

Basiclly our top 6 forward group would be like our goaltenders 1A and 1B.

It will never happen though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
at the time of the deal, Bertuzzi wasn't as valuable as you VAN Fans seem to think he was. He was past his prime and had all these troubles surrounding him
Bertuzzi had put up 71 Points, and he was probably the best powerforward in the league at the time, he was trending downward you can see that but no one thought he would trend that far down that quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
what has he done the years before? He was on the decline, the body wasn't the same and with all the troubles, it was understandable. He wasn't that great 90+ pts PWF that teams would have killed to get. He was on the decline and it was easy to see.

Do you even know what your talking about in respect to Bert.

Prior he was the best PWF in the league on the best line in Hockey.

In 03/04 (The year prior) He had 60 Points in 69 Games.
In 02/03 He had 46 Goals and 97 Points.
In 01/02 He had 36 Goals and 86 Points in 72 Games.

It was more of an instant drop rather than something you could see coming, there was nothing before the incident that could indicate falling, infact it looked like he was rizing/had hit his prime and was going to stay there, then the even after the incident it didn't look like he would go like that.

Oh and also, in his first year after being traded he had 11 Points in 15 Games For Florida and Detriot (7 Points in 7 Games for FLA and 4 Points in 8 Games for DET)

Old
01-04-2013, 08:08 AM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevanston View Post
I'm really happy you dug up this thread so Hawks and Canucks fans can argue whose core players are better.

It's a topic on which both sides obviously haven't made their viewpoints clear over the last four years.
The last comment aside from mine was like a week ago, thats not exactly not digging it up.

And sorry you didn't have to click on it.

Old
01-04-2013, 08:46 AM
Luck 6
\\_______

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevanston View Post

Can you please stop digging up old Canucks trade proposals? I understand there weren't many on the main page, but these threads died out for a reason. We really don't need further comment.

Luck 6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 11:09 AM
Bjure

Hawks would never trade one of their best forwards for a goalie, especially not Sharp, he's to go for being send away now.

Bjure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 12:57 PM
Sasso09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Shirokov View Post
Sedins > Toews and Kane

Edler or Hamhuis > Seabrook

Kesler > Sharp

I understand you saying that since we are such huge rivals but I mean c'mon we have some great players just like you guys have some incredible players aswell

Schneider will get a better deal than Halak, and actually Schneider won't even get a deal because we on't move him.

The deal it would take to get Schneider away from us would not only have to match/slightly exceed what Mike Gillis and our managment team believes Schneider is worth but also there would have to be extra value to get us to move him rather than move Luongo.

That means the deal would just have to be amazingly good or else we aren't doing it. From that Hawks that would be one of the big 6, and they aren't doing it. And for good reason, I understand completely.

Kesler > Sharp.

Sharp is Kesler-lite.

I highly doubt that, Luongo has been nothing but classy and professional during this entire process and I don't see that changing.

EDIT: Oh and btw (Not saying this to anyone of you in particular) but you all doubt Schneider now, and I can't wait to see in 3 years when he is in contention the Vezina consistently. This guy is already at the level of some of the top tier guys IMO and when we start to slow down a bit Schneider will emerge and hold us up.

I honestly think he will be a top 5-7 goalie in 3 Years, That's just my opinion though.
Disagree on Toews and your comments are laughable on Brooks... Especially hamhuis.

Sasso09 is online now   Reply With Quote