HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

OKC Barons @ Houston Aeros:Friday 11/30 6:05PM MDT No Granlund,No Brodin,No Problem!

Old
12-01-2012, 03:32 AM
Qrispy

vCash: 500
Enough with all this Sequin talk.

You're going to piss off Mark Jankowski.

Qrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 09:27 AM
BoldNewLettuce
Esquire

vCash: 157
everyone knows Sequin would have scored a hattie...and would probably have some overtly decorated cupcakes ready and waiting for the fans.

BoldNewLettuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 09:48 AM
fuswald
I'd Be Fired

vCash: 882
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbean View Post
Paajarvi simply doesn't have finish. I doubt he ever breaks 50 points in the NHL. It is still too soon to know for sure, but I have never seen a positive sign that suggests he can be a goal scorer. Not good at dekes, below average shot, and he sometimes seems to panic when he has a chance to make something happen. He will still have value in the NHL though.
Hopefully not with the oilers.

fuswald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 10:59 AM
jebs

Nuge's hit on Cuma was huge. Beast.

jebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 11:14 AM
Groucho
Tier 1 Fan

A little late to the pity party here, but that goal Hall scored was absolutely filthy. From Schultz outlet bank pass to Hall's finish.... just dirty.

Groucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 11:19 AM
Groucho
Tier 1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by okgooil View Post
Shultz continues to roll, Hall is moving up the scoring standings. Nuge seems to have hit a bit of a slump. Suddenly he is behind the big 4 in ppg.
I think he knows, because he was shooting the puck a lot last night.

Old
12-01-2012, 11:52 AM
worraps
Acceptance

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jebs View Post
Nuge's hit on Cuma was huge. Beast.
Shockingly enough I think of all the kids, Nuge has the most Messier in him (not that he is Messier). Give this kid 15lbs and he is going to be a pain to play against.

Good thing Granlund didn't come back this weekend or Nuge might be serving a suspension for cross checking him in the teeth.

worraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 11:56 AM
ales83fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by worraps View Post
Shockingly enough I think of all the kids, Nuge has the most Messier in him (not that he is Messier). Give this kid 15lbs and he is going to be a pain to play against.

Good thing Granlund didn't come back this weekend or Nuge might be serving a suspension for cross checking him in the teeth.
Not hall?

ales83fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 12:01 PM
worraps
Acceptance

Quote:
Originally Posted by ales83fan View Post
Not hall?
Hall doesn't seem to have Nuge's mean streak.

RNH seems to take a lot of offense if the opposition does anything beyond rubbing him or his linemates out, to the point that he'll go out of his way to take their number and try to hurt them later.

Old
12-01-2012, 12:01 PM
Groucho
Tier 1 Fan

Hall hit Brodin. Nuge would have to face off against Granlund all night.

Old
12-01-2012, 12:06 PM
worraps
Acceptance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
Hall hit Brodin. Nuge would have to face off against Granlund all night.
Hall delivers big hits, no doubt about it. I don't think he does it out of spite though.

Old
12-01-2012, 12:16 PM
Groucho
Tier 1 Fan

Me either, unless your name is Drew Doughty or somebody else who has tried to take his head off.

Old
12-01-2012, 12:22 PM
molsonmuscle360

Quote:
Hall doesn't seem to have Nuge's mean streak.

RNH seems to take a lot of offense if the opposition does anything beyond rubbing him or his linemates out, to the point that he'll go out of his way to take their number and try to hurt them later.
Nuge is totally a number taker. Watch him anytime he gets hit kinda hard, he always looks around to find out who it was. Hall, just gets up and keeps going forward, Nuge makes sure he knows who he's looking for.

molsonmuscle360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 12:22 PM
Arpeggio

Quote:
Originally Posted by scid14 View Post
So a whole week now to get back on track. Please make it so. These last 2 games could have put us at the top of the league and instead we lost 4 points we could have had.
Yes, they should be winning every game.

As for not withstanding physical play, the kids had lots of chances last night, they just didn't bury them. It's going to happen once in a while.

Arpeggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 12:31 PM
worraps
Acceptance

Quote:
Originally Posted by molsonmuscle360 View Post
Nuge is totally a number taker. Watch him anytime he gets hit kinda hard, he always looks around to find out who it was. Hall, just gets up and keeps going forward, Nuge makes sure he knows who he's looking for.
Watching RNH line up against David McIntyre is the closest thing to pure hate I've seen in an Oilers/Barons game for quite awhile.

I'm going to love watching this kid in the playoffs someday.

Old
12-01-2012, 12:40 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ales83fan View Post
I often criticize ebs, since I see him as the worse of the three, but he consistently proves me wrong. Good for him. Now I see RNH as the third most skilled on the line.

Don't get me wrong, they're all studs. It's just I see Ebs as the most complimentary player.....but not anymore. He has impressed me this year.

And Shultz is a stud.
Not sure how you could say that TBH, just because the points haven't been coming IMO RNH has displayed a ton of skill and much more than Hall has. Hall had that beauty goal but besides that was killing offensive zone time with bad passes. The sooner he realizes that he can't dish the puck like the other 3 can, the better.

Yesterday RNH made a cross ice pass at a weird angle and the PBP guy said "wow" now when a PBP guy says wow you know that something pretty special just happened. He also has an inner fire that burns bright, he doesn't shy away from the rough stuff despite being the lankiest of our kids. The kid is a warrior out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by molsonmuscle360 View Post
He sure does and when he hits he hits to hurt. IIRC it was Palmieri in Thursday's game that took a good hit from RNH and he then crosschecked him. He wouldn't be doing that unless he felt it.

12-01-2012, 12:48 PM
Groucho
Tier 1 Fan

I love how Nuge blew Ray Ferraro away with his seam passing on the PP. That segment he did on TSN was awesome. Ferraro just couldn't wrap his head around how Nuge was able to backdoor the puck through 2 or 3 guys.
The only other Oiler who might be able to do that on this team is Hemsky, and probably only in a perfect storm.

Old
12-01-2012, 12:48 PM
okgooil
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Not sure how you could say that TBH, just because the points haven't been coming IMO RNH has displayed a ton of skill and much more than Hall has. Hall had that beauty goal but besides that was killing offensive zone time with bad passes. The sooner he realizes that he can't dish the puck like the other 3 can, the better.

Yesterday RNH made a cross ice pass at a weird angle and the PBP guy said "wow" now when a PBP guy says wow you know that something pretty special just happened. He also has an inner fire that burns bright, he doesn't shy away from the rough stuff despite being the lankiest of our kids. The kid is a warrior out there.

He sure does and when he hits he hits to hurt. IIRC it was Palmieri in Thursday's game that took a good hit from RNH and he then crosschecked him. He wouldn't be doing that unless he felt it.
I agree, I am not worried that nuge is in a bit of a points funk. People also needs to realize he is 2 full years or more younger than SHultz, and ebs. Also a year and half younger than Hall.

He to me is still the most skilled of the fab 5.

that being said, Who knows Shultz could be, this guy just keeps looking amazing. wow.

ps. ya easy to forget but nuge is actually 3 full years younger than Ebs and Shultz. Any way, I really think Nuge is going to be a really special player. His ability to see the ice is just incredible.

Last edited by okgooil: 12-01-2012 at 01:01 PM.
okgooil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 12:51 PM
worraps
Acceptance

Quote:
I love how Nuge blew Ray Ferraro away with his seam passing on the PP. That segment he did on TSN was awesome. Ferraro just couldn't wrap his head around how Nuge was able to backdoor the puck through 2 or 3 guys.
The only other Oiler who might be able to do that on this team is Hemsky, and probably only in a perfect storm.
If memory serves he made 2 of those passes last night and that flash in the pan Eberle wasn't able to convert them.

#firstlineproblems (in biznasty twitter speak)

Old
12-01-2012, 12:52 PM
LaGu

Quote:

Despite the differences, amongst playing center instead of wing is one, RNH is actually quite similar to P.Forsberg... I know, I know, Forsberg was a power forward etc etc... I do tend to disagree with that, but the reason for it comes down to my personal opinion of a power forward so let's not get in to that too much.
Forsberg was a mean ******* with an amazing head for the game, but check him out from when he was under 25-26 years old. The intelligence and technique was there, hitting wasn't a big part of his game but if necessary he stood his ground and didn't mind close contact. What strikes me the most though, but it's probably not relevant at all when it comes to the actual game, is body language / face. I see the same expressions and very similar body language when looking at RNH (again, I'm considering the young Forsberg). And I like it a lot . You can see the focus, you can see the competitiveness and you can see when he's pissed off.

LaGu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 12:55 PM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 3099
Quote:
Or after he skated circles around the offensive zone three or four times.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 01:05 PM
Groucho
Tier 1 Fan

Gotta give the line mates some time to catch up

Old
12-01-2012, 01:16 PM
Hall2Nuge2Ebs

Still can't beat Minnesota or Calgary... Oh wait a second... we can't even beat their farm teams...with our 4 best players

Hall2Nuge2Ebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 01:26 PM
Stoneman89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugie Boy View Post
Still can't beat Minnesota or Calgary... Oh wait a second... we can't even beat their farm teams...with our 4 best players
Their goaltending and overall defence is better than ours at the present. That is the difference right now.

Stoneman89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 01:28 PM
Stoneman89

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers2k10 View Post
he reminds me of Jason Chimera

Very good comparison.

Stoneman89 is offline   Reply With Quote