HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > NHL Draft - Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL Draft - Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

What were the most even and uneven trades of Draft Day 2013?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-01-2013, 01:29 AM
  #1
jhoops89
R.I.P. Thrashers
 
jhoops89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,446
vCash: 500
What were the most even and uneven trades of Draft Day 2013?

What were the most even and uneven trades of Draft Day 2013?

jhoops89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 01:37 AM
  #2
Sparksrus3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,117
vCash: 500
Calno clutterietter

Sparksrus3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 09:09 AM
  #3
DropIt
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Red Deer, AB
Posts: 2,580
vCash: 500
Felt like SJ paid a pretty big price to move up two spots

DropIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 09:27 AM
  #4
tony d
Is it though?
 
tony d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Behind A Tree
Country: Canada
Posts: 50,955
vCash: 500
I question the San Jose trade as well. Mueller's going to be a good player but I think he would have been there at 20 for San Jose, he wasn't worth giving up 2 draft choices.

__________________
tony d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 09:29 AM
  #5
tucker3434
Registered User
 
tucker3434's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,061
vCash: 500
Schneider for Horvat. Horvat is a great prospect but worth nowhere near a good young starting goalie.

tucker3434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 09:46 AM
  #6
99 steps
to the top
 
99 steps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: RV, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 4,586
vCash: 500
I thought both Hawks trades were fair, particularly for guys who are UFAs in 2014.

99 steps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 09:48 AM
  #7
Analyzer*
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 44,976
vCash: 50
Felt like Chicago could have gotten more for Bolland. I guess his value wasn't as high as people thought.

Analyzer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 09:53 AM
  #8
Guardian452
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 851
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker3434 View Post
Schneider for Horvat. Horvat is a great prospect but worth nowhere near a good young starting goalie.
This is a dumb post since we haven't seen Horvat play a single NHL game.

Guardian452 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 09:54 AM
  #9
Weakside Lock
Moderator
Champions
 
Weakside Lock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moncton, NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,503
vCash: 500
The Schneider deal. The whole situation just reeked of desperation.

Weakside Lock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 10:04 AM
  #10
tucker3434
Registered User
 
tucker3434's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,061
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian452 View Post
This is a dumb post since we haven't seen Horvat play a single NHL game.
That's kind of the point. Vancouver traded a starting caliber goalie for an unknown. Statistically speaking, it's going to be hard for Vancouver to "win" this trade.

tucker3434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 10:05 AM
  #11
DeltaSwede
Registered User
 
DeltaSwede's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Östersund
Country: Sweden
Posts: 403
vCash: 500
Chicago should have asked for more in return for Bolland.

I also wish the New Jersey trade involved something more. I would be happy with a 2nd being added to the trade as well.

The happiest I would be would be if this trade went down:
To New Jersey
Cory Schneider
1st Round Pick 2013 (24th)

To Vancouver
Adam Henrique
1st Round Pick 2013 (9th)
2nd Round Pick 2013

DeltaSwede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 10:06 AM
  #12
Sony Eriksson*
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: N. Dallas/NYC
Country: Faroe Islands
Posts: 13,449
vCash: 500
9th overall pick for Schneider was a STEAL by NJ. Edmonton was offering WAY more.

Sony Eriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 10:08 AM
  #13
The Macho Man
Fire Cooper
 
The Macho Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 22,301
vCash: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattoo View Post
9th overall pick for Schneider was a STEAL by NJ. Edmonton was offering WAY more.
I've heard this stated, but no one has offered any proof to back this up.

The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 10:09 AM
  #14
CoryForVezina
Aspiring 1%er
 
CoryForVezina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: DC
Posts: 2,747
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaSwede View Post
Chicago should have asked for more in return for Bolland.

I also wish the New Jersey trade involved something more. I would be happy with a 2nd being added to the trade as well.

The happiest I would be would be if this trade went down:
To New Jersey
Cory Schneider
1st Round Pick 2013 (24th)

To Vancouver
Adam Henrique
1st Round Pick 2013 (9th)
2nd Round Pick 2013
No...

CoryForVezina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 10:10 AM
  #15
Hero
Buffy is Back
 
Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 20,798
vCash: 500
Nino if he reaches somewhere close to his potential.

Schenider other wise. Unless Bo Horvat becomes very good.

Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 10:10 AM
  #16
Sony Eriksson*
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: N. Dallas/NYC
Country: Faroe Islands
Posts: 13,449
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pronounced Anders View Post
I've heard this stated, but no one has offered any proof to back this up.
Found this:
Quote:
Told asking price for Schneider to Oilers was the 7, a 2nd and a good young player. High price to trade within division, Oil passed.
http://blogs.edmontonjournal.com/201...ory-schneider/

Sony Eriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 10:19 AM
  #17
Nash
Registered User
 
Nash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: North Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,975
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker3434 View Post
That's kind of the point. Vancouver traded a starting caliber goalie for an unknown. Statistically speaking, it's going to be hard for Vancouver to "win" this trade.
Depends how you look at it. From an asset management standpoint, we had a redundancy in net. 2 years at $4 million until Cory is a UFA vs a 9th overall player in a very deep draft. We get a 3 year ELC, plus RFA years afterwards.

Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 10:22 AM
  #18
Sony Eriksson*
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: N. Dallas/NYC
Country: Faroe Islands
Posts: 13,449
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash View Post
Depends how you look at it. From an asset management standpoint, we had a redundancy in net. 2 years at $4 million until Cory is a UFA vs a 9th overall player in a very deep draft. We get a 3 year ELC, plus RFA years afterwards.
Now you have to go with the mentally separated Luongo instead of the better Schneider. Unless this is a 2014 tank tactic.

Sony Eriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 10:23 AM
  #19
Intoewsables
real gudbranson
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,405
vCash: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattoo View Post
Yeah... The Canucks asked for that and the Oilers said no. It wasn't an option.

Intoewsables is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 10:25 AM
  #20
maroon 6
Live and let live
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: British Columbia
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,036
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattoo View Post
"oil passed"

maroon 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 10:38 AM
  #21
Quares27
Registered User
 
Quares27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 6,427
vCash: 500
Felt like Chicago didn't get much for Bolland, mainly because they really needed the cap space. The Ladd trade was also really bad in terms of value but it's what they needed to do to get cap space.

Schneider for Horvat wasn't a good trade at all for Vancouver, especially when they probably could have got more from another team

Quares27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 10:38 AM
  #22
goosecrosby
Registered User
 
goosecrosby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posts: 499
vCash: 500
We somehow got a 2nd for Kennedy.

goosecrosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 11:24 AM
  #23
jughead42*
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,971
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by goosecrosby View Post
We somehow got a 2nd for Kennedy.
Nice job Pittsburgh, after you get swept in the playoffs against Boston in part because you lack speed as a team, trade the one guy you have who can skate. GM of the year my ass. Not the worst trade though, just a dumb one. The worst trade of the day goes to Gillis of course. He trades away Cody Hodgson, a slower but well built all round young center when their obvious need was a 3rd line center. He spends all kinds of assets and money on Derek Roy to replace him, and when that doesn't work he trades his number one goalie on a decent contract for.....a 3rd line slower center who is pretty much a carbon copy of hodgson. Durp. Super Durp. Not enough Durp to go around.

jughead42* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 04:53 PM
  #24
jhoops89
R.I.P. Thrashers
 
jhoops89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,446
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattoo View Post
9th overall pick for Schneider was a STEAL by NJ. Edmonton was offering WAY more.
Just curios, what was Edmonton offering?

jhoops89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 05:36 PM
  #25
YeahKassian
Registered User
 
YeahKassian's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 641
vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by jughead42 View Post
Nice job Pittsburgh, after you get swept in the playoffs against Boston in part because you lack speed as a team, trade the one guy you have who can skate. GM of the year my ass. Not the worst trade though, just a dumb one. The worst trade of the day goes to Gillis of course. He trades away Cody Hodgson, a slower but well built all round young center when their obvious need was a 3rd line center. He spends all kinds of assets and money on Derek Roy to replace him, and when that doesn't work he trades his number one goalie on a decent contract for.....a 3rd line slower center who is pretty much a carbon copy of hodgson. Durp. Super Durp. Not enough Durp to go around.
You have zero clue what you are talking about. This is one of the absolute worst websites i have ever come across for getting information. After all, isnt that what its supposed to be here for? Instead you have a bunch of 15 year old kids (Durp? Really?) spewing pages and pages of garbage that has nothing to do with anything, that you have to sift through to find out what you actually want to know. Yeah, Derek Roy was our long term answer to third line center to replace CoHo......Bo Horvat is a future 3rd line center that is exactly like Cody? Again, you have no idea what youre talking about. They are completely different players. I for one feel stoked about Bo and Hunter in the first round.

I dont understand the smugness or the potshots at a team or fanbase that shouldnt even concern you, but keep spewing your vitriol and contributing to this website. Durp.

YeahKassian is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:52 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2016 All Rights Reserved.