HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

News from Around the League - Part XXXV - I'll see you in court!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-05-2012, 05:52 PM
  #251
kiwidevil
____________________
 
kiwidevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: New Zealand
Posts: 7,178
vCash: 500
So to make the NHL work, you need the heads of each department to not be present?

I think that explains the problem with the league.

kiwidevil is offline  
Old
12-05-2012, 06:00 PM
  #252
Eggers
:panic:
 
Eggers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 5,968
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Eggers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
Yann Danis did step in for Marty one game in Atlanta, and we came back, and won it. I think Jacques pulled Marty after giving up 3 goals in the first period, and we won like 4-3 or 5-4. I remember this game because Chico was ripping on Kovy all game long. He was saying ''I can't get over how bad Kovalchuk has been in this game Doc he's the captain! He wants some team to give him $8 million a year, well I don't know what team will!'' It was something along those lines.
Hahahahaha that is brilliant. I'd love to show Chico that tape and see what he thinks about it now, and not in a "ha ha you were wrong" way, just a friendly "hey remember this?" or something.

Anyway, I'm not all that confident yet. Unfortunately, history gives me reason to believe there's no reason for me to be confident. But as long as they're talking, I can't complain.

Eggers is offline  
Old
12-05-2012, 06:03 PM
  #253
Wingman77
Glory Days
 
Wingman77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 17,042
vCash: 500
If the league is able to hammer something out of these meetings, what credibility, if any does Bettman have left

It would be yet another embarassment under his tenure - 3 lockouts, one of which was ended because of him not being present

Let's go get this **** ironed out

Wingman77 is offline  
Old
12-05-2012, 06:09 PM
  #254
goalvalchuk17
Registered User
 
goalvalchuk17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 613
vCash: 500
relax guys. the lockout isn't over yet. im thrilled to hear good news too but it's still not over. one bad meeting and we're back to "no season" "neither side wants a season" so just relax for now.

goalvalchuk17 is offline  
Old
12-05-2012, 06:11 PM
  #255
NJDevs26
Moderator
Status quo
 
NJDevs26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 22,538
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman77 View Post
If the league is able to hammer something out of these meetings, what credibility, if any does Bettman have left

It would be yet another embarassment under his tenure - 3 lockouts, one of which was ended because of him not being present

Let's go get this **** ironed out
Except that it was Bettman's idea to get him 'and Fehr' out of the room.

NJDevs26 is offline  
Old
12-05-2012, 06:14 PM
  #256
Wingman77
Glory Days
 
Wingman77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 17,042
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
Except that it was Bettman's idea to get him 'and Fehr' out of the room.
Yea and it only took him so long to realize he was part of the problem

First step is admitting

Wingman77 is offline  
Old
12-05-2012, 06:34 PM
  #257
Bleedred
Pete still coach?
 
Bleedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Seminole Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 33,058
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggers View Post
Hahahahaha that is brilliant. I'd love to show Chico that tape and see what he thinks about it now, and not in a "ha ha you were wrong" way, just a friendly "hey remember this?" or something.
Someone mentioned on here about a year ago(Early last season) that they talked to Chico, and he was bashing Kovy saying he had no hockey sense, and because of his deal he feels Zach is gone. I've talked to Chico since, and he's never said this to me, but he's so blunt I could picture him saying that. He did say he believed Zach was gone, but didn't bring Kovy into the equation. Just watching him you could see he cut Zach a break on things he wouldn't cut Kovy a break for like a bad defensive play, or missing an open net, etc.

There was a game last year where we had the goaltender pulled, and the extra attacker on, and Kovy did something that led to the empty net goal(Not the Cam Ward goal it was another time) and Kovy broke his stick on the post, and Chico was like ''Kovy knows he rushed that play'' and kept saying it. I was thinking to myself ''Relax Chico this team sucks at scoring 6 on 5. We weren't gonna score anyway''.

Bleedred is offline  
Old
12-05-2012, 06:52 PM
  #258
NJDevs26
Moderator
Status quo
 
NJDevs26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 22,538
vCash: 500
Chico probably did believe Zach was gone for one big reason...he's obviously chummy with his old teammate J.P, who 'knew' he and the agents would get Zach out of here.

NJDevs26 is offline  
Old
12-05-2012, 06:55 PM
  #259
Bleedred
Pete still coach?
 
Bleedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Seminole Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 33,058
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
Chico probably did believe Zach was gone for one big reason...he's obviously chummy with his old teammate J.P, who 'knew' he and the agents would get Zach out of here.
That was the first thing I thought. I believed he was gone too, but that was just a guess.

Bleedred is offline  
Old
12-05-2012, 06:59 PM
  #260
NJDevs26
Moderator
Status quo
 
NJDevs26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 22,538
vCash: 500
It's probably why JP was so cranky during the playoffs and made that crack about Zach signing with the Rangers and loving Tort, he knew the longer we went the harder it would be to get him out of here and back home

NJDevs26 is offline  
Old
12-05-2012, 07:03 PM
  #261
Bleedred
Pete still coach?
 
Bleedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Seminole Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 33,058
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
It's probably why JP was so cranky during the playoffs and made that crack about Zach signing with the Rangers and loving Tort, he knew the longer we went the harder it would be to get him out of here and back home
That was stupid, and I would have been pissed if I were Zach. I believe he knew he was gone, but I won't pretend that he didn't wanna beat the Rangers, and win a Cup while he still had to be here.

Bleedred is offline  
Old
12-05-2012, 07:07 PM
  #262
njdevsfn95
Help Vas, Sprite.
 
njdevsfn95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 29,273
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
Someone mentioned on here about a year ago(Early last season) that they talked to Chico, and he was bashing Kovy saying he had no hockey sense, and because of his deal he feels Zach is gone. I've talked to Chico since, and he's never said this to me, but he's so blunt I could picture him saying that. He did say he believed Zach was gone, but didn't bring Kovy into the equation. Just watching him you could see he cut Zach a break on things he wouldn't cut Kovy a break for like a bad defensive play, or missing an open net, etc.

There was a game last year where we had the goaltender pulled, and the extra attacker on, and Kovy did something that led to the empty net goal(Not the Cam Ward goal it was another time) and Kovy broke his stick on the post, and Chico was like ''Kovy knows he rushed that play'' and kept saying it. I was thinking to myself ''Relax Chico this team sucks at scoring 6 on 5. We weren't gonna score anyway''.
Speaking of moronic efforts with an empty net but BRUTAL CALL saved Parise's ass last season.

njdevsfn95 is offline  
Old
12-05-2012, 07:17 PM
  #263
Bleedred
Pete still coach?
 
Bleedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Seminole Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 33,058
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevsfn95 View Post
Speaking of moronic efforts with an empty net but BRUTAL CALL saved Parise's ass last season.
Well this was when we had Marty pulled(Or Moose) only 6 on 5 we scored this year with the goalie pulled was Clarkson on that crazy bounce off the glass against the Rangers.

If you're talking about missed attempts at scoring into the empty net, then yeah that Parise crap which could have ruined Marty's shutout. That, and Zubrus against Toronto. He had a chance to clear into the empty net, but someone tied it a few seconds later. That's when we won on that funny Fayne goal in OT!

Bleedred is offline  
Old
12-05-2012, 08:53 PM
  #264
Fire Dumboer
Registered User
 
Fire Dumboer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 6,126
vCash: 500
So today I watched the 2 top schools in hockey in NJ. JVR's brother was also one of the players, the game ended 3-3 in a tie

Fire Dumboer is offline  
Old
12-05-2012, 08:54 PM
  #265
manilaNJ
Optimism: Unwavering
 
manilaNJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 5,270
vCash: 500
I believe the low point of this lockout is watching professional sports writers go bananas on twitter over the construction of podium happening in the hotel lobby right now.

manilaNJ is offline  
Old
12-05-2012, 08:57 PM
  #266
Bleedred
Pete still coach?
 
Bleedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Seminole Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 33,058
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by manilaNJ View Post
I believe the low point of this lockout is watching professional sports writers go bananas on twitter over the construction of podium happening in the hotel lobby right now.
Haha they're still constructing it?

Bleedred is offline  
Old
12-05-2012, 09:02 PM
  #267
NJDevs26
Moderator
Status quo
 
NJDevs26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 22,538
vCash: 500
lol but seriously...this has to be BIG. As in either we've reached an agreement in principle or talks have broken down and the other side doesn't want to reach a deal big.

If it was just another progress report, talks aren't finished yet statement it would be another informal gaggle like last night with Daly and Steve.

NJDevs26 is offline  
Old
12-05-2012, 09:03 PM
  #268
AZNDevil
Yay band.
 
AZNDevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Morgantown, WV
Country: United States
Posts: 7,628
vCash: 500

Oh yeah. It's big.

AZNDevil is offline  
Old
12-05-2012, 09:10 PM
  #269
BenedictGomez
1995/2000/2003
 
BenedictGomez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PRNJ
Country: United States
Posts: 26,252
vCash: 500
They're close to a deal to salvage the rest of the NHL season?

Wow.

Too bad for the NHL and NHLPA that that news excites me about as much as the prospect of watching a Synchronized Swimming competition.

I hope I'm not alone in that.

BenedictGomez is offline  
Old
12-05-2012, 09:14 PM
  #270
Bleedred
Pete still coach?
 
Bleedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Seminole Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 33,058
vCash: 500
When do they come talk? After they get finished taking a dump?

Bleedred is offline  
Old
12-05-2012, 09:16 PM
  #271
Jersey Man
Mad Dog
 
Jersey Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 14,213
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
They're close to a deal to salvage the rest of the NHL season?

Wow.

Too bad for the NHL and NHLPA that that news excites me about as much as the prospect of watching a Synchronized Swimming competition.

I hope I'm not alone in that.
You're not.

Jersey Man is offline  
Old
12-05-2012, 09:16 PM
  #272
manilaNJ
Optimism: Unwavering
 
manilaNJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 5,270
vCash: 500
I don't know, but in the time it took them to set it up, twitter managed to cough up these parody accounts

@NHLPodium
@NHL_Lectern

manilaNJ is offline  
Old
12-05-2012, 09:17 PM
  #273
Devils Trap
Cory's Better
 
Devils Trap's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: New Jersey
Country:
Posts: 23,452
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
Kevin ‏@OhHeyItsKevin
Podium falls over and breaks, signed to 15-year deal with Islanders.

Lolol

Devils Trap is offline  
Old
12-05-2012, 09:18 PM
  #274
BenedictGomez
1995/2000/2003
 
BenedictGomez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PRNJ
Country: United States
Posts: 26,252
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by manilaNJ View Post
I don't know, but in the time it took them to set it up, twitter managed to cough up these parody accounts

@NHLPodium
@NHL_Lectern
I assume @NHL_Lectern will be very similar to @NHLPodium, but for smarter people.
Sort of like what The New York Times is to The Huffington Post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Man View Post
You're not.
Good, because IMO, unless the fans finally give the league and the players the middle-finger, we can expect this once every 6, 8, or 10 years.

BenedictGomez is offline  
Old
12-05-2012, 09:21 PM
  #275
NJDevs26
Moderator
Status quo
 
NJDevs26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 22,538
vCash: 500
Watch, it's going to get drawn out till Friday...they'd better have something to say tonight or this'll become an even bigger farce than it already is. Why take the podium down, then put it back up if there's not something imminent?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
They're close to a deal to salvage the rest of the NHL season?

Wow.

Too bad for the NHL and NHLPA that that news excites me about as much as the prospect of watching a Synchronized Swimming competition.

I hope I'm not alone in that.
If you honestly feel that way then, A) why are you still on a Devils message board checking the lockout thread? and B) I hope the people who want to boycott/are apathetic stay away from the board if the season does get saved so people who want to celebrate can

NJDevs26 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:34 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.