HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

News from Around the League - Part XXXV - I'll see you in court!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-06-2012, 08:38 PM
  #426
NJDevs26
Moderator
Status quo
 
NJDevs26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 23,946
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevils1982 View Post
this "twitter" thing didnt exist the last lockout.

its amazing how much has happened in that time that has turned the whole thing into a right ****show. not just the nhl talks, .....people in general that 'live in a pseudo 15 minutes of fame in their own minds perpetually"

signed,

F. me
Not to mention it makes it that much easier for both sides to play their PR games and bait-and-switch maneuvers.

NJDevs26 is online now  
Old
12-06-2012, 08:39 PM
  #427
goalvalchuk17
Registered User
 
goalvalchuk17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 615
vCash: 500
Unreal.
@adater: From deep inside players side: "We were ready to play again. But Don came in (Wed.) and told us we could get more and to hold out"

goalvalchuk17 is offline  
Old
12-06-2012, 08:45 PM
  #428
Wingman77
Glory Days
 
Wingman77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 17,512
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by goalvalchuk17 View Post
Unreal.
@adater: From deep inside players side: "We were ready to play again. But Don came in (Wed.) and told us we could get more and to hold out"
LOL are you sure these are hockey players we're talking about

Where's their ****in balls

Wingman77 is offline  
Old
12-06-2012, 08:47 PM
  #429
Bleedred
BLOW JETS BLOW!!!!
 
Bleedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Seminole Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 34,070
vCash: 500
Someone really said that? Or is this a joke?

Bleedred is online now  
Old
12-06-2012, 08:51 PM
  #430
goalvalchuk17
Registered User
 
goalvalchuk17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 615
vCash: 500
check out the guy's recent tweets. this is no joke. fehr is more of an idiot than bettman. if fehr was the commissioner of the nhl, there'd be more than 3 lockouts. and each season would be lost.

goalvalchuk17 is offline  
Old
12-06-2012, 08:51 PM
  #431
Devils Trap
Cory's Better
 
Devils Trap's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: New Jersey
Country:
Posts: 23,717
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
Someone really said that? Or is this a joke?
Nope thats real

Devils Trap is online now  
Old
12-06-2012, 08:54 PM
  #432
Fayne Staley
NJ Senior Citizens
 
Fayne Staley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Queens
Country: United States
Posts: 11,949
vCash: 500
more from the player
Quote:
adater ‏@adater
Bottom line here: Players say they are unified, but not what I'm hearing from this depth player. They'll deny that publicly, but...

adater ‏@adater
....privately, they are feeling powerless as the Ryan Millers and Brad Richards of the world pretend this is a sacrifice for them

Fayne Staley is offline  
Old
12-06-2012, 09:03 PM
  #433
NJDevs26
Moderator
Status quo
 
NJDevs26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 23,946
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by goalvalchuk17 View Post
Unreal.
@adater: From deep inside players side: "We were ready to play again. But Don came in (Wed.) and told us we could get more and to hold out"
Gee, what a surprise considering the 'mood shift' between Tuesday and yesterday that was outlined very well by Bettman/Daly in their press conference.

NJDevs26 is online now  
Old
12-06-2012, 09:03 PM
  #434
goalvalchuk17
Registered User
 
goalvalchuk17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 615
vCash: 500
why do they have to listen to don fehr? it's not his deal, it's theirs!

goalvalchuk17 is offline  
Old
12-06-2012, 09:12 PM
  #435
njdevsfn95
Help Vas, Sprite.
 
njdevsfn95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 29,550
vCash: 500
I know someone directly impacted at the NHL level by all this ********.

Not an owner, not a player, doesnt work for a club.

Tomorrow is going to be depressing.

njdevsfn95 is offline  
Old
12-06-2012, 09:15 PM
  #436
goalvalchuk17
Registered User
 
goalvalchuk17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 615
vCash: 500
******* ******** ‏@***************
Text from #Pens player: "All the progress Mr.Burkle helped us make over last few days is now history cause of Don" wishes to stay anonymous

good. glad to them starting to separate from fehr. maybe next time they won't reject a perfectly fine deal that could've gave them 60 games..

edit: not sure why it comes up with stars. it's from hockey insider(i know i know)

goalvalchuk17 is offline  
Old
12-06-2012, 09:17 PM
  #437
Devils731
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 2,357
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by goalvalchuk17 View Post
******* ******** ‏@***************
Text from #Pens player: "All the progress Mr.Burkle helped us make over last few days is now history cause of Don" wishes to stay anonymous

good. glad to them starting to separate from fehr. maybe next time they won't reject a perfectly fine deal that could've gave them 60 games..

edit: not sure why it comes up with stars. it's from hockey insider(i know i know)
That's why it's all stars, that guy has no credibility so people don't want him mentioned.

Devils731 is offline  
Old
12-06-2012, 09:19 PM
  #438
apice3*
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middletown, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 18,520
vCash: 500
^well thats why it came up with stars. Guy has no credibility whatsoever. He makes things up. There's documented proof of it.

apice3* is offline  
Old
12-06-2012, 09:19 PM
  #439
goalvalchuk17
Registered User
 
goalvalchuk17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils731 View Post
That's why it's all stars, that guy has no credibility so people don't want him mentioned.
a lot of times he's wrong, but there are also a lot of times he gets stuff before anybody else.

goalvalchuk17 is offline  
Old
12-06-2012, 09:22 PM
  #440
Devils731
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 2,357
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by goalvalchuk17 View Post
a lot of times he's wrong, but there are also a lot of times he gets stuff before anybody else.
I make a lot of guesses on NHL things that turn out to be correct, and I definitely have no inside knowledge....actually I do have a few sources and I still don't claim inside knowledge

Devils731 is offline  
Old
12-06-2012, 09:23 PM
  #441
apice3*
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middletown, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 18,520
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by goalvalchuk17 View Post
a lot of times he's wrong, but there are also a lot of times he gets stuff before anybody else.
I can tweet about all the notable free agents and make a guess at where they will sign. I'll be wrong a lot but I'll have a lot of right guesses too. Doesn't make me a credible insider.

If you have to hide your identity from the world, you're not a reliable source.

apice3* is offline  
Old
12-06-2012, 09:25 PM
  #442
NJDevs26
Moderator
Status quo
 
NJDevs26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 23,946
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by goalvalchuk17 View Post
a lot of times he's wrong, but there are also a lot of times he gets stuff before anybody else.
Sounds like Incarcerated Bob, another rumor-monger who threatens people that dare disagree with him.

dater's stuff is damning enough, and after tonight I'm sure it won't be the last we heard of discontent in the union. For a supposed union master, Fehr's getting PUNKED by Gary.

NJDevs26 is online now  
Old
12-06-2012, 09:27 PM
  #443
apice3*
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middletown, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 18,520
vCash: 500
Personal theory: Unnamed player @adater is referring to is Craig Adams. Heard it here first.

apice3* is offline  
Old
12-06-2012, 09:30 PM
  #444
Devils731
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 2,357
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
For a supposed union master, Fehr's getting PUNKED by Gary.
Fehr has such a weaker hand than Bettman. That's why the outside world can see the NHLPA was going to have to concede a lot. Fehr has been fighting a losing battle where his goal is just to lose the least he can.

Baseball is so different because of the length of career that the union can be strong. I don't think it's that surprising the CBA's work in the players favor in relation to how long those players career's last. MLB then NHL then NBA then NFL. The longer players can make a living doing a sport, the stronger the union can be.

Devils731 is offline  
Old
12-06-2012, 09:33 PM
  #445
glenwo2
PATTY'S BETTER!!!
 
glenwo2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New Jersey(No Fanz!)
Country: United States
Posts: 21,736
vCash: 500
The League sucks.


The Players Union sucks.


Everybody sucks.


HFBoards RULE, though.

glenwo2 is offline  
Old
12-06-2012, 09:44 PM
  #446
Sir Fenwick Corsi
N U M B E R S
 
Sir Fenwick Corsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 3,460
vCash: 500
Well there you have it. Once again the hype machine gets people excited and all they do is piss in your corn flakes yet again.

This league is a disgrace and the embarrassment of professional sports. **** these clowns.

Sir Fenwick Corsi is offline  
Old
12-06-2012, 09:45 PM
  #447
NJDevs26
Moderator
Status quo
 
NJDevs26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 23,946
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils731 View Post
Fehr has such a weaker hand than Bettman. That's why the outside world can see the NHLPA was going to have to concede a lot. Fehr has been fighting a losing battle where his goal is just to lose the least he can.

Baseball is so different because of the length of career that the union can be strong. I don't think it's that surprising the CBA's work in the players favor in relation to how long those players career's last. MLB then NHL then NBA then NFL. The longer players can make a living doing a sport, the stronger the union can be.
Not winning an unwinnable negotiation is one thing, being absolutely schooled with idiocy like the napkin proposal and the two hurried press conferences tonight make me wonder how this guy ever got the rep he did in the first place. And while Gary was emotional and genuinenly seemed to care tonight, Don was still his robotic, flustered self.

NJDevs26 is online now  
Old
12-06-2012, 09:49 PM
  #448
Devils731
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 2,357
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
Not winning an unwinnable negotiation is one thing, being absolutely schooled with idiocy like the napkin proposal and the two hurried press conferences tonight make me wonder how this guy ever got the rep he did in the first place. And while Gary was emotional and genuinenly seemed to care tonight, Don was still his robotic, flustered self.
I don't disagree with you. I'm thinking Fehr might be a good guy at this when he has a strong hand, where everyone looks pretty good at negotiating, and a mediocre guy when fighting the retreating battles.

Devils731 is offline  
Old
12-06-2012, 10:15 PM
  #449
Chessarmy
Its a Marty Party
 
Chessarmy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,627
vCash: 500
So the NHLPA gets essentially EVERYTHING they want and yet they still decline?

We're sitting here on December ****ing 6th, and you're telling me the NHL's proposal wasn't good enough to get a season rolling? I'm supposed to believe that 5 year contract limits (you can re-sign guys to 7 years), a 10 year CBA deal (who wants to experience this again?), the stupid "make whole" agreement that meets the players at more than half way, is all not enough to get a ****ing season going? Apparently, I'm supposed to believe it, and then cheer like a mindless drone when these asswipes decide that they want to do their jobs again and play a game on a sheet of ice for millions of dollars.

The NHLPA got their deal, we could have a season right now. **** them. I give up.

Chessarmy is offline  
Old
12-06-2012, 10:21 PM
  #450
njdevils1982
Chico for HOF!!!
 
njdevils1982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: North of Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,493
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chessarmy View Post
So the NHLPA gets essentially EVERYTHING they want and yet they still decline?

We're sitting here on December ****ing 6th, and you're telling me the NHL's proposal wasn't good enough to get a season rolling? I'm supposed to believe that 5 year contract limits (you can re-sign guys to 7 years), a 10 year CBA deal (who wants to experience this again?), the stupid "make whole" agreement that meets the players at more than half way, is all not enough to get a ****ing season going? Apparently, I'm supposed to believe it, and then cheer like a mindless drone when these asswipes decide that they want to do their jobs again and play a game on a sheet of ice for millions of dollars.

The NHLPA got their deal, we could have a season right now. **** them. I give up.
i only wish my job had this dispute. in 11 working days im a free agent. a solo one at that with little leverage other then my own.

njdevils1982 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:52 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.