HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

News from Around the League - Part XXXV - I'll see you in court!

Closed Thread

Old
12-17-2012, 05:07 PM
manilaNJ
Optimism: Unwavering

vCash: 500
...and now it can never be unseen.

Old
12-17-2012, 06:15 PM
njdevils1982
Chico for HOF!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyOwns View Post
a bit off topic but i had too.....

back cover is even better.

Old
12-17-2012, 07:32 PM
CerebralGenesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richer's Ghost View Post
The rest of the starting lineup

I might have to share the Bauer one.

Old
12-17-2012, 08:07 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by CerebralGenesis View Post
I don't have a clue what the union is trying to do at this point.
I don't think even half of them do. Fehr is drunk at the wheel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Nieds work ethic View Post
The best logos are the ones that reveal both the name and geograhical setting of the team without using words.
Like the Devils, for example.

The old Whalers logo was awesome in that regard too.

Old
12-17-2012, 09:09 PM
Devils Nick30

Quote:
I dunno about logos, but I used to love the lettering/numbers on the older avalanche jerseys. they may still use them, idk, I just remember seeing them everywhere around the ‘Bloody Good’ headline times. mustve been late 90’s.

edit- I just looked for the ‘bloody good’ headline, and got this image through google, which (while irrelevant) takes me back to the good ol days

The was the most frustrating hockey game ever.

Old
12-17-2012, 10:17 PM
elias026

Quote:
I dunno about logos, but I used to love the lettering/numbers on the older avalanche jerseys. they may still use them, idk, I just remember seeing them everywhere around the ‘Bloody Good’ headline times. mustve been late 90’s.

edit- I just looked for the ‘bloody good’ headline, and got this image through google, which (while irrelevant) takes me back to the good ol days

That was one of my first ever games the only way i knew how to score on that game was flicking the puck in the air right after the center ice line

Old
12-17-2012, 10:38 PM
HeliDevil
Legend

RG I may have to use the Kavalski card as my avatar. That is great.

Old
12-18-2012, 06:20 AM
Scottyk9
Stuck in purgatory.

vCash: 432
Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9
Hypothetical, if the NHL were to disband all current contracts and the league restarted next year ( Highly unlikely I know I'm just bored ) with everyone eligible for UFA.

Do you think Kovy would come back or would he go elsewhere and cash in again ? Granted his high money years were set to kick in now so we'd probably offer him similar cash dependent on the new cap rules.

Old
12-18-2012, 08:21 AM
Richer's Ghost
Global Moderator
PourSomeMcDavidOnMe

vCash: 461
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliDevil View Post
RG I may have to use the Kavalski card as my avatar. That is great.
Kavalski shows a lot of leadership potential.

"Extinction is the rule, survival is the exception." - Carl Sagan
Old
12-18-2012, 08:23 AM
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333

oh god..i HATE eric snead. grenade handler. we need to move him for a PMD if we expect to go anywhere this year.

Old
12-18-2012, 08:43 AM
Richer's Ghost
Global Moderator
PourSomeMcDavidOnMe

Quote:
oh god..i HATE eric snead. grenade handler. we need to move him for a PMD if we expect to go anywhere this year.
Well what do you expect after he got that burning cinder caught in his eye last year during the off season when he was smoke jumping out in the CA brush fires? He basically has one good eye. We're lucky he can play at all. At least he can clear the crease and not get caught behind the net watching the other team score a tap in on that fatass Sumai.

Old
12-18-2012, 09:17 AM
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333

Quote:
Well what do you expect after he got that burning cinder caught in his eye last year during the off season when he was smoke jumping out in the CA brush fires? He basically has one good eye. We're lucky he can play at all. At least he can clear the crease and not get caught behind the net watching the other team score a tap in on that fatass Sumai.
ill have you know, sir, that in Microsoft word I had typed out a ‘pro-White’ response (which sounds racist but isn’t)…followed by a PMD argument..and back and forth. I was going to respond to myself all day long (which sounds sexual but isn’t) arguing both sides until I got threadbanned/an anvil falling on my nuts. I then decided instead to not respond, and to see what happened, and you didn’t disappoint well done

Old
12-18-2012, 09:26 AM
Richer's Ghost
Global Moderator
PourSomeMcDavidOnMe

I tried to capture the spirit of the thing.

dickydunn.jpg

Old
12-18-2012, 09:53 AM
Ilkka Pikachu

Quote:
I love you

no homo

Old
12-18-2012, 11:43 AM
HeliDevil
Legend

Quote:
I have no idea what you're talking about.

Last edited by HeliDevil: 12-18-2012 at 12:17 PM.
Old
12-18-2012, 03:36 PM
manilaNJ
Optimism: Unwavering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyk9 View Post
Hypothetical, if the NHL were to disband all current contracts and the league restarted next year ( Highly unlikely I know I'm just bored ) with everyone eligible for UFA.

Do you think Kovy would come back or would he go elsewhere and cash in again ? Granted his high money years were set to kick in now so we'd probably offer him similar cash dependent on the new cap rules.
Honestly, I wouldn't have said this a couple of months ago... but if that's the case, it's possible he just stays in Russia. Seems like he loves playing over there.

If the Devils were able to put together a roster that looks like its a fairly good contender, he could probably be swayed for a value close to his old contract.

By the way... what would happen to prospect pools? Start from scratch, as well?

Old
12-18-2012, 04:01 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyk9 View Post

I don't know about Kovy but 'I' probably won't come back if this league becomes that much of a joke to where every player becomes a FA and every organization has complete turnover. Then it literally would no longer be the Devils I grew up with and invested time rooting for, then it's just a bunch of hired guns wearing the sweater.

Old
12-18-2012, 04:28 PM
Bleedred
Gomer!

If Kovy's contract is voided I could see him going to the KHL like he talked about. Maybe not for good, but for a few years out of disgust with the league. I would be alright if the league goes away if we lose all contracts. Cause like njdevs26 said it wouldn't be the Devils I know. I mean don't get me wrong this team has changed a lot over the years. Chico was the goalie when I started watching. Our third longest tenured player is Travis Zajac from 2006 which is strange, but a whole new team no thanks. I'd be okay with the league going away completely.

Old
12-18-2012, 05:11 PM
apice3*

I think Kovy wants to be here. I think he also wants to be paid.

There's no doubt in my mind he would be somewhere in the NHL. He could have bolted for Russia several times in his career but he wants to be great here. He wants a Cup. He doesn't want whatever the KHL calls their trophy.

Old
12-18-2012, 05:19 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

Kovy wants to be paid, and he wants to play for the Cup. Two things we're not going to be the front-runners in under a 'new' system. He'd get paid through the roof in a non-cap system, especially after last year and by teams that will have stacked rosters.

Old
12-18-2012, 05:28 PM
Bleedred
Gomer!

I think he wants to be in the NHL too. BUT if they pull that ****, and break up every team I can see him getting pissed, and playing in the KHL for a couple years. Just like Ovechkin, and Malkin said also. I would think a lot of guys would be pissed.

Old
12-18-2012, 05:38 PM
apice3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
Kovy wants to be paid, and he wants to play for the Cup. Two things we're not going to be the front-runners in under a 'new' system. He'd get paid through the roof in a non-cap system, especially after last year and by teams that will have stacked rosters.
Technically if all contracts were null and void, our chance of winning a Cup would be the same as anywhere else.

Old
12-18-2012, 05:40 PM
BenedictGomez
#FireDeboer

If Ovechkin or Kovy or Malkin want to play in the KHL, I say good riddance.

Have fun playing in 1940's era "arenas" with 6000 capacity, traveling in 1950's era aircraft, and dominating against AHL caliber 3rd-pairing talent.

Old
12-18-2012, 05:40 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
Technically if all contracts were null and void, our chance of winning a Cup would be the same as anywhere else.
Yeah technically, not realistically. Not if you suddenly had Toronto and Philly and NY with $200 million payrolls and players getting paid baseball-type salaries.

Old
12-18-2012, 05:49 PM
Getzo5
The Punisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
I think Kovy wants to be here. I think he also wants to be paid.

There's no doubt in my mind he would be somewhere in the NHL. He could have bolted for Russia several times in his career but he wants to be great here. He wants a Cup. He doesn't want whatever the KHL calls their trophy.
FYI, it`s a Gagarin Cup. Named after the first cosmonaut to ever make a trip into outer space. Ridiculous name, nonetheless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
If Ovechkin or Kovy or Malkin want to play in the KHL, I say good riddance.

Have fun playing in 1940's era "arenas" with 6000 capacity, traveling in 1950's era aircraft, and dominating against AHL caliber 3rd-pairing talent.
This can`t be a serious post.

That said, you`re right. It would be foolish of them not to choose the NHL still.

Closed Thread