HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

News from Around the League - Part XXXV - I'll see you in court!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-20-2012, 07:02 PM
  #976
apice3*
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middletown, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 18,520
vCash: 500
I don't buy the whole cancellation of games as a meaning of anything. The schedule is useless at this point. It needs to be re-done anyway. They can cancel all 1200+ games and still have a season.

apice3* is offline  
Old
12-20-2012, 07:17 PM
  #977
Bleedred
Foligno sucks
 
Bleedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: shouldafiredfoligno
Country: United States
Posts: 38,680
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
I don't buy the whole cancellation of games as a meaning of anything. The schedule is useless at this point. It needs to be re-done anyway. They can cancel all 1200+ games and still have a season.
Yeah I've been saying pretty much anything less than an 82 game schedule and we may not have inter conference play. Now a 48 game season there definitely won't be. This is how it was in 95. First inter conference game of the year was the Devils vs Red Wings in game 1 of the SCF!

Bleedred is online now  
Old
12-20-2012, 09:20 PM
  #978
NJDevs26
Moderator
Status quo
 
NJDevs26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 27,645
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
I don't buy the whole cancellation of games as a meaning of anything. The schedule is useless at this point. It needs to be re-done anyway. They can cancel all 1200+ games and still have a season.
It means something and it doesn't mean anything. All it means is the dates are freed up for other usage. They'll still use many (though not all) of the dates that are being held 'if' they have a short season though, so in that sense holding dates is important.

Thing is, this HAS to be the last cancellation before the big bang. They can't really start a season much later than the 15th. They started it the 20th in '95 but came to an agreement on the 11th, so they don't have to really announce more cancellations per se. Either way, they'll have a deal, or they won't by mid-January.

NJDevs26 is online now  
Old
12-20-2012, 09:37 PM
  #979
Sir Fenwick Corsi
N U M B E R S
 
Sir Fenwick Corsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 3,897
vCash: 500
People still really care? I had been irritated with the entire process from the get go, but the ******** that took place two weeks ago, with Bettman's "heartfelt" speech, well that was it for me. Since that time, I've had basically zero interest in anything hockey / cba related. It's just so pathetic and embarrassing at this point, that the further away they are, the better imho.

It was so damn obvious from the very start that these idiots were going to bleed each other out till the very very last drop, or they were gonna wash the entire season. There was never any middle ground between the two sides.

****ing bums.

Sir Fenwick Corsi is online now  
Old
12-20-2012, 10:56 PM
  #980
CerebralGenesis
Registered User
 
CerebralGenesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 23,915
vCash: 500
Not to be rude but if you don't care then...

CerebralGenesis is offline  
Old
12-21-2012, 12:13 AM
  #981
apice3*
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middletown, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 18,520
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nona weisbaum View Post
People still really care? I had been irritated with the entire process from the get go, but the ******** that took place two weeks ago, with Bettman's "heartfelt" speech, well that was it for me. Since that time, I've had basically zero interest in anything hockey / cba related. It's just so pathetic and embarrassing at this point, that the further away they are, the better imho.

It was so damn obvious from the very start that these idiots were going to bleed each other out till the very very last drop, or they were gonna wash the entire season. There was never any middle ground between the two sides.

****ing bums.
Yeah not to be a dick but you keep saying you don't care and then keep coming to these boards to say how your fed up. We've gotten it by now.

apice3* is offline  
Old
12-21-2012, 12:49 AM
  #982
Bleedred
Foligno sucks
 
Bleedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: shouldafiredfoligno
Country: United States
Posts: 38,680
vCash: 500
Can't say I really blame him for venting. I feel the same way though not as passionate as him which is a compliment by the way.

Bleedred is online now  
Old
12-21-2012, 01:27 AM
  #983
holikwillfindyou
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: booville
Country: United States
Posts: 820
vCash: 500
i miss hockey

gah

holikwillfindyou is offline  
Old
12-21-2012, 05:18 AM
  #984
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!
 
Saugus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 97,500
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Saugus
We're getting close to the point where the season will be lost. All this with fewer systemic problems than there were last time. Very disappointing.

Saugus is offline  
Old
12-21-2012, 05:18 AM
  #985
MadDevil
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Bismarck, ND
Country: United States
Posts: 9,388
vCash: 500
The deal is there to be made, which will make it all the more sad and pathetic if they can't come to an agreement in the next couple weeks. I want to believe they're not that stupid, but then I didn't think they were stupid enough to take it this far.

MadDevil is offline  
Old
12-21-2012, 08:32 AM
  #986
Sir Fenwick Corsi
N U M B E R S
 
Sir Fenwick Corsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 3,897
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
Yeah not to be a dick but you keep saying you don't care and then keep coming to these boards to say how your fed up. We've gotten it by now.
Yeah, well you could have fooled me. I too, get how you'll be first in line when these greedy j/o's decide to play again, which I believe to be pretty ****ing stupid. But that's your opinion and I'll respect it. And that goes for anyone else who will be back right away as well. I don't agree with it, but some people are okay with this and that's fine. Point is, I won't call you or any one out on it so try to remeber that the next time you decide to leave a smart ass post for me. Deal?

I haven't had much to say the last couple of weeks, which is what my post said. Doesn't mean I don't check the boards here and there and I was just surprised to find people still having patience with all of this and actually giving a **** anymore. I care to the extent that I'm fed up with how the league operates, but it's almost January and there hasn't been a single game yet. Is it really that big a deal if the second half of the season gets wiped out? Three months have already been missed. I genuinely dont care in that regard. This entire process is beat at this point. And with all the garbage that has gone on, I find it pretty difficult to see how people aren't numb to all of this.

Point is that I don't like something I'm pasionate about getting jerked around by these greedy ******. If me venting about that bothers anyone, well my apologies. No one is forced to read everything they see on a message board though.

Get it?


Last edited by Sir Fenwick Corsi: 12-21-2012 at 08:47 AM.
Sir Fenwick Corsi is online now  
Old
12-21-2012, 08:43 AM
  #987
CerebralGenesis
Registered User
 
CerebralGenesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 23,915
vCash: 500
I won't be giving the league money for a few years but the advent of technology allows for easy access to games online.

Everyone is fed up with this process. Good thing is that the drop dead date is getting close so we'll know what the rest of the season will look like.

CerebralGenesis is offline  
Old
12-21-2012, 08:44 AM
  #988
Ilkka Pikachu
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: Portugal
Posts: 4,345
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDevil View Post
The deal is there to be made, which will make it all the more sad and pathetic if they can't come to an agreement in the next couple weeks. I want to believe they're not that stupid, but then I didn't think they were stupid enough to take it this far.
I can just see Fehr miscalculating what the league's actual drop-dead rate is and getting the season wiped because his ego is too big.

Ilkka Pikachu is offline  
Old
12-21-2012, 08:56 AM
  #989
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333
 
MartyOwns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 10,443
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nona weisbaum View Post
Yeah, well you could have fooled me. I too, get how you'll be first in line when these greedy j/o's decide to play again, which I believe to be pretty ****ing stupid. But that's your opinion and I'll respect it. And that goes for anyone else who will be back right away as well. I don't agree with it, but some people are okay with this and that's fine. Point is, I won't call you or any one out on it so try to remeber that the next time you decide to leave a smart ass post for me. Deal?

I haven't had much to say the last couple of weeks, which is what my post said. Doesn't mean I don't check the boards here and there and I was just surprised to find people still having patience with all of this and actually giving a **** anymore. I care to the extent that I'm fed up with how the league operates, but it's almost January and there hasn't been a single game yet. Is it really that big a deal if the second half of the season gets wiped out? Three months have already been missed. I genuinely dont care in that regard. This entire process is beat at this point. And with all the garbage that has gone on, I find it pretty difficult to see how people aren't numb to all of this.

Point is that I don't like something I'm pasionate about getting jerked around by these greedy ******. If me venting about that bothers anyone, well my apologies. No one is forced to read everything they see on a message board though.

Get it?
im masturbating in solidarity. great post, I feel the same way.

MartyOwns is offline  
Old
12-21-2012, 09:00 AM
  #990
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333
 
MartyOwns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 10,443
vCash: 500
oh and im sure im late to this party, but kane had to apologize for that tweet? seriously? are we supposed to pretend he didn’t sign a $30Milly deal not too long ago? ignorance is bliss I suppose, but if a picture of a kid enjoying his paycheck ‘sways’ your opinion of the lockout at all, you might be a cotton headed ninnymuggins.

MartyOwns is offline  
Old
12-21-2012, 09:52 AM
  #991
Getzo5
The Punisher
 
Getzo5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Presov, SVK
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 21,973
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyOwns View Post
oh and im sure im late to this party, but kane had to apologize for that tweet? seriously? are we supposed to pretend he didn’t sign a $30Milly deal not too long ago? ignorance is bliss I suppose, but if a picture of a kid enjoying his paycheck ‘sways’ your opinion of the lockout at all, you might be a cotton headed ninnymuggins.
Political correctness, brah.

Getzo5 is offline  
Old
12-21-2012, 10:49 AM
  #992
Luke3026
When you're burned..
 
Luke3026's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Raritan, NJ
Posts: 1,525
vCash: 500
I'm not very optimistic about seeing any hockey this season. I think we're heading for this:




Luke3026 is offline  
Old
12-21-2012, 11:14 AM
  #993
Ilkka Pikachu
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: Portugal
Posts: 4,345
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke3026 View Post
I'm not very optimistic about seeing any hockey this season. I think we're heading for this:



What, the Canes winning the cup next season?

**** me sideways.

Ilkka Pikachu is offline  
Old
12-21-2012, 11:40 AM
  #994
Richer's Ghost
Global Moderator
Chapter President
 
Richer's Ghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: photoshop labor camp
Country: United States
Posts: 49,870
vCash: 50
lol

rimshot.wav

__________________

"Chewie... we're home."
Richer's Ghost is offline  
Old
12-21-2012, 11:58 AM
  #995
goalvalchuk17
Registered User
 
goalvalchuk17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 617
vCash: 500
imo deal will be done last second. because they can. because its the lockout.

goalvalchuk17 is offline  
Old
12-21-2012, 01:33 PM
  #996
DevilsTilIDie
Registered User
 
DevilsTilIDie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East Brunswick, NJ
Posts: 216
vCash: 500
Quote:
from the Devils Army Blog Facebook page:

Via @TGfireandice:

"RT @HeleneStJames: NHLPA vote passes overwhelmingly in favor of enabling Disclaimer of Interest."

And just like that folks......the season is over.

- DBK


Last edited by DevilsTilIDie: 12-21-2012 at 01:46 PM. Reason: because I need to add quotes to this so people don't get mad.
DevilsTilIDie is offline  
Old
12-21-2012, 01:36 PM
  #997
manilaNJ
Optimism: Unwavering
 
manilaNJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 5,811
vCash: 500
This doesn't necessarily mean they're going down that route.
But if this has to hit the courts, the PA stands behind the decision.

That's all that's saying.

manilaNJ is offline  
Old
12-21-2012, 01:41 PM
  #998
Scottyk9
Stuck in purgatory.
 
Scottyk9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: West of Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 26,536
vCash: 432
Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsTilIDie View Post
from the Devils Army Blog Facebook page:

Via @TGfireandice:

"RT @HeleneStJames: NHLPA vote passes overwhelmingly in favor of enabling Disclaimer of Interest."

And just like that folks......the season is over.

- DBK


Please try and be informed before you make such claims like the season is over.

All the vote did was enable the NHLPA to declare a disclaimer. They have until January 2nd to do so. It's just a pressure move towards the NHL to get a deal done. Now if they do enact it...well then yeah kiss this season goodbye.

Scottyk9 is offline  
Old
12-21-2012, 01:43 PM
  #999
DevilsTilIDie
Registered User
 
DevilsTilIDie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East Brunswick, NJ
Posts: 216
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyk9 View Post
Please try and be informed before you make such claims like the season is over.

All the vote did was enable the NHLPA to declare a disclaimer. They have until January 2nd to do so. It's just a pressure move towards the NHL to get a deal done. Now if they do enact it...well then yeah kiss this season goodbye.

Its a quote, BRAH. I quoted it from FB..

DevilsTilIDie is offline  
Old
12-21-2012, 01:46 PM
  #1000
DevilsTilIDie
Registered User
 
DevilsTilIDie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East Brunswick, NJ
Posts: 216
vCash: 500
And this is also a quote

Quote:
devils army blog @ mike: Now that they voted in that way, it's going to become a legal battle (both sides had sued each over over this, they were just waiting for this vote before proceeding). Said battle will take at least a month before it's settled and they can get back to negotiating. The owners/bettman are on record saying that they won't salvage the season if no deal is made by mid january (to preserve a 48 game season). The legal battle will push them past that, making it impossible to have a 48 game season. Thus why i said the season is over. - dbk

DevilsTilIDie is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:47 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.