HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

News from Around the League - Part XXXV - I'll see you in court!

Closed Thread

Old
12-20-2012, 07:02 PM
apice3*

vCash: 500
I don't buy the whole cancellation of games as a meaning of anything. The schedule is useless at this point. It needs to be re-done anyway. They can cancel all 1200+ games and still have a season.

Old
12-20-2012, 07:17 PM
Bleedred
Foligno sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
I don't buy the whole cancellation of games as a meaning of anything. The schedule is useless at this point. It needs to be re-done anyway. They can cancel all 1200+ games and still have a season.
Yeah I've been saying pretty much anything less than an 82 game schedule and we may not have inter conference play. Now a 48 game season there definitely won't be. This is how it was in 95. First inter conference game of the year was the Devils vs Red Wings in game 1 of the SCF!

Old
12-20-2012, 09:20 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

vCash: 50
Quote:
It means something and it doesn't mean anything. All it means is the dates are freed up for other usage. They'll still use many (though not all) of the dates that are being held 'if' they have a short season though, so in that sense holding dates is important.

Thing is, this HAS to be the last cancellation before the big bang. They can't really start a season much later than the 15th. They started it the 20th in '95 but came to an agreement on the 11th, so they don't have to really announce more cancellations per se. Either way, they'll have a deal, or they won't by mid-January.

Old
12-20-2012, 09:37 PM
Sir Fenwick Corsi
N U M B E R S

People still really care? I had been irritated with the entire process from the get go, but the ******** that took place two weeks ago, with Bettman's "heartfelt" speech, well that was it for me. Since that time, I've had basically zero interest in anything hockey / cba related. It's just so pathetic and embarrassing at this point, that the further away they are, the better imho.

It was so damn obvious from the very start that these idiots were going to bleed each other out till the very very last drop, or they were gonna wash the entire season. There was never any middle ground between the two sides.

****ing bums.

Old
12-20-2012, 10:56 PM
CerebralGenesis

Not to be rude but if you don't care then...

Old
12-21-2012, 12:13 AM
apice3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nona weisbaum View Post
People still really care? I had been irritated with the entire process from the get go, but the ******** that took place two weeks ago, with Bettman's "heartfelt" speech, well that was it for me. Since that time, I've had basically zero interest in anything hockey / cba related. It's just so pathetic and embarrassing at this point, that the further away they are, the better imho.

It was so damn obvious from the very start that these idiots were going to bleed each other out till the very very last drop, or they were gonna wash the entire season. There was never any middle ground between the two sides.

****ing bums.
Yeah not to be a dick but you keep saying you don't care and then keep coming to these boards to say how your fed up. We've gotten it by now.

Old
12-21-2012, 12:49 AM
Bleedred
Foligno sucks

Can't say I really blame him for venting. I feel the same way though not as passionate as him which is a compliment by the way.

Old
12-21-2012, 01:27 AM
holikwillfindyou

i miss hockey

gah

Old
12-21-2012, 05:18 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
We're getting close to the point where the season will be lost. All this with fewer systemic problems than there were last time. Very disappointing.

Old
12-21-2012, 05:18 AM
MadDevil

The deal is there to be made, which will make it all the more sad and pathetic if they can't come to an agreement in the next couple weeks. I want to believe they're not that stupid, but then I didn't think they were stupid enough to take it this far.

Old
12-21-2012, 08:32 AM
Sir Fenwick Corsi
N U M B E R S

Quote:
Yeah not to be a dick but you keep saying you don't care and then keep coming to these boards to say how your fed up. We've gotten it by now.
Yeah, well you could have fooled me. I too, get how you'll be first in line when these greedy j/o's decide to play again, which I believe to be pretty ****ing stupid. But that's your opinion and I'll respect it. And that goes for anyone else who will be back right away as well. I don't agree with it, but some people are okay with this and that's fine. Point is, I won't call you or any one out on it so try to remeber that the next time you decide to leave a smart ass post for me. Deal?

I haven't had much to say the last couple of weeks, which is what my post said. Doesn't mean I don't check the boards here and there and I was just surprised to find people still having patience with all of this and actually giving a **** anymore. I care to the extent that I'm fed up with how the league operates, but it's almost January and there hasn't been a single game yet. Is it really that big a deal if the second half of the season gets wiped out? Three months have already been missed. I genuinely dont care in that regard. This entire process is beat at this point. And with all the garbage that has gone on, I find it pretty difficult to see how people aren't numb to all of this.

Point is that I don't like something I'm pasionate about getting jerked around by these greedy ******. If me venting about that bothers anyone, well my apologies. No one is forced to read everything they see on a message board though.

Get it?

Last edited by Sir Fenwick Corsi: 12-21-2012 at 08:47 AM.
Old
12-21-2012, 08:43 AM
CerebralGenesis

I won't be giving the league money for a few years but the advent of technology allows for easy access to games online.

Everyone is fed up with this process. Good thing is that the drop dead date is getting close so we'll know what the rest of the season will look like.

Old
12-21-2012, 08:44 AM
Ilkka Pikachu

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDevil View Post
The deal is there to be made, which will make it all the more sad and pathetic if they can't come to an agreement in the next couple weeks. I want to believe they're not that stupid, but then I didn't think they were stupid enough to take it this far.
I can just see Fehr miscalculating what the league's actual drop-dead rate is and getting the season wiped because his ego is too big.

Old
12-21-2012, 08:56 AM
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333

Quote:
Originally Posted by nona weisbaum View Post
Yeah, well you could have fooled me. I too, get how you'll be first in line when these greedy j/o's decide to play again, which I believe to be pretty ****ing stupid. But that's your opinion and I'll respect it. And that goes for anyone else who will be back right away as well. I don't agree with it, but some people are okay with this and that's fine. Point is, I won't call you or any one out on it so try to remeber that the next time you decide to leave a smart ass post for me. Deal?

I haven't had much to say the last couple of weeks, which is what my post said. Doesn't mean I don't check the boards here and there and I was just surprised to find people still having patience with all of this and actually giving a **** anymore. I care to the extent that I'm fed up with how the league operates, but it's almost January and there hasn't been a single game yet. Is it really that big a deal if the second half of the season gets wiped out? Three months have already been missed. I genuinely dont care in that regard. This entire process is beat at this point. And with all the garbage that has gone on, I find it pretty difficult to see how people aren't numb to all of this.

Point is that I don't like something I'm pasionate about getting jerked around by these greedy ******. If me venting about that bothers anyone, well my apologies. No one is forced to read everything they see on a message board though.

Get it?
im masturbating in solidarity. great post, I feel the same way.

Old
12-21-2012, 09:00 AM
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333

oh and im sure im late to this party, but kane had to apologize for that tweet? seriously? are we supposed to pretend he didn’t sign a $30Milly deal not too long ago? ignorance is bliss I suppose, but if a picture of a kid enjoying his paycheck ‘sways’ your opinion of the lockout at all, you might be a cotton headed ninnymuggins.

Old
12-21-2012, 09:52 AM
Getzo5
The Punisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyOwns View Post
oh and im sure im late to this party, but kane had to apologize for that tweet? seriously? are we supposed to pretend he didn’t sign a $30Milly deal not too long ago? ignorance is bliss I suppose, but if a picture of a kid enjoying his paycheck ‘sways’ your opinion of the lockout at all, you might be a cotton headed ninnymuggins.
Political correctness, brah.

Old
12-21-2012, 10:49 AM
Luke3026
When you're burned..

I'm not very optimistic about seeing any hockey this season. I think we're heading for this:

Old
12-21-2012, 11:14 AM
Ilkka Pikachu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke3026 View Post
I'm not very optimistic about seeing any hockey this season. I think we're heading for this:

What, the Canes winning the cup next season?

**** me sideways.

Old
12-21-2012, 11:40 AM
Richer's Ghost
Global Moderator
Chapter President

vCash: 50
lol

rimshot.wav

"Chewie... we're home."
Old
12-21-2012, 11:58 AM
goalvalchuk17

imo deal will be done last second. because they can. because its the lockout.

Old
12-21-2012, 01:33 PM
DevilsTilIDie

Quote:
from the Devils Army Blog Facebook page:

Via @TGfireandice:

"RT @HeleneStJames: NHLPA vote passes overwhelmingly in favor of enabling Disclaimer of Interest."

And just like that folks......the season is over.

- DBK

Last edited by DevilsTilIDie: 12-21-2012 at 01:46 PM. Reason: because I need to add quotes to this so people don't get mad.
Old
12-21-2012, 01:36 PM
manilaNJ
Optimism: Unwavering

This doesn't necessarily mean they're going down that route.
But if this has to hit the courts, the PA stands behind the decision.

That's all that's saying.

Old
12-21-2012, 01:41 PM
Scottyk9
Stuck in purgatory.

vCash: 432
Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsTilIDie View Post
from the Devils Army Blog Facebook page:

Via @TGfireandice:

"RT @HeleneStJames: NHLPA vote passes overwhelmingly in favor of enabling Disclaimer of Interest."

And just like that folks......the season is over.

- DBK

Please try and be informed before you make such claims like the season is over.

All the vote did was enable the NHLPA to declare a disclaimer. They have until January 2nd to do so. It's just a pressure move towards the NHL to get a deal done. Now if they do enact it...well then yeah kiss this season goodbye.

Old
12-21-2012, 01:43 PM
DevilsTilIDie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyk9 View Post
Please try and be informed before you make such claims like the season is over.

All the vote did was enable the NHLPA to declare a disclaimer. They have until January 2nd to do so. It's just a pressure move towards the NHL to get a deal done. Now if they do enact it...well then yeah kiss this season goodbye.

Its a quote, BRAH. I quoted it from FB..

Old
12-21-2012, 01:46 PM
DevilsTilIDie

And this is also a quote

Quote:
devils army blog @ mike: Now that they voted in that way, it's going to become a legal battle (both sides had sued each over over this, they were just waiting for this vote before proceeding). Said battle will take at least a month before it's settled and they can get back to negotiating. The owners/bettman are on record saying that they won't salvage the season if no deal is made by mid january (to preserve a 48 game season). The legal battle will push them past that, making it impossible to have a 48 game season. Thus why i said the season is over. - dbk

Closed Thread