HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Stick Question

Old
11-30-2012, 02:31 PM
NotedToughGuyDKrejci

vCash: 2769
Stick Question

I have been using the CCM U+ Crazy Light 85 Flex Thornton curve for a couple of years now. I'm 6'3 and switch between wing and D. I actually add length to the stick with a butt end. I rarely take slap shots. I play reasonably competitive adult league hockey, but I don't need top of the line. I started with another CCM stick when it was on clearance and then broke one of warranty and CCM sucked me in by sending me the top of the line as a replacement...haha.

With that background, I'm wondering if anyone has any stick suggestions. I like that stick a lot, but $200+ is a lot. I see that the CCM RBZ 60 is cheaper, but no Thornton curve. Ideally, I'd be looking for a similar curve, square toe. Any comments are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

NotedToughGuyDKrejci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 02:39 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

vCash: 500
Simple answer is try and find a similar stick on clearance.

Long answer relies on your preferences, like stick kick point, if you like them whippy or stiffer, puck feel preference, etc.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 02:41 PM
NotedToughGuyDKrejci

vCash: 2769
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Simple answer is try and find a similar stick on clearance.

Long answer relies on your preferences, like stick kick point, if you like them whippy or stiffer, puck feel preference, etc.
Thanks, I guess the main question I should be asking is what curves other companies have that are similar to a Thornton.

NotedToughGuyDKrejci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 02:51 PM
AIREAYE

vCash: 500
Bauer makes P88 Kane, Reebok makes P40 Hedman, you could take a look at Easton's Iginla and Warrior's W88 Zetterberg or Kovalchuk. Easton's Heatley is somewhat similar to the Iginla but with a shorter blade, lower lie and squarer toe.

Have fun!

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote