HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Business of Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Business of Hockey Discuss the financial and business aspects of the NHL. Topics may include the CBA, work stoppages, broadcast contracts, franchise sales, and NHL revenues.

OT: NFL Buffalo signs 10 year lease extension

Old
12-21-2012, 06:10 PM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

vCash: 500
OT: NFL Buffalo signs 10 year lease extension

http://www.buffalonews.com/apps/pbcs...121229867/1109

Including $400mm "out" penalty for years 1-7, 9-10 ($29mm in year 8). $130mm for renovations; $35mm from Bills, $54mm from state, $41mm from county. And they'll be looking to see if it's warranted to pursue new facility.

LadyStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2012, 07:48 PM
Ringmaster316

too bad i wanted the bills to go to Toronto...could care less if it KILLS the CFL

Ringmaster316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2012, 07:48 PM
JMROWE

Good to see the Bills stay where they belong in Buffalo & lets face it people the Bills in Toronto series was a complete failure they could not fill the stadium & had to slash ticket prices by 60% & still could not fill the stadium . Now I hear that there extending the Bills in Toronto series has Paul Godfrey & Rogers got rocks in there head the NFL. in Toronto is not working its to expensive & most people would just rather make the trip to orchard park to see the Bills not to mention Toronto is already overextened sports market with 7 teams to support .

JMROWE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2012, 08:22 PM
Confucius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringmaster316 View Post
too bad i wanted the bills to go to Toronto...could care less if it KILLS the CFL
I'm thrilled, now there is no chance of that stand around game coming here. It would have failed.

Confucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2012, 08:38 PM
Melrose Munch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stix and Stones View Post
I'm thrilled, now there is no chance of that stand around game coming here. It would have failed.
Bro seriously? Hockey can be deduced to fighting and catering to those with add, do you want to go there. Do you even like other sports?

Melrose Munch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2012, 11:35 PM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13

vCash: 1
Well, that throws out my expectation that Wilson's kids would sell the team within a year or two of when their dad eventually dies, almost assuredly to someone looking to relocate them elsewhere.

No Fun Shogun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 12:14 AM
Rocko604

Quote:
Why? The team 2.5 hours south of you not good enough, you need one a 3 day drive away?

Rocko604 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 12:24 AM
Melrose Munch

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Fun Shogun View Post
Well, that throws out my expectation that Wilson's kids would sell the team within a year or two of when their dad eventually dies, almost assuredly to someone looking to relocate them elsewhere.
They have an out after 7 years for 25 million. This is a final shot to get the arena done IMO.

Old
12-22-2012, 12:45 AM
Ryan34222

Quote:
How very Torontonian of you lol

Good for the Bills, the NFL team stays in a city were it loves football.

Ryan34222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 12:49 AM
Ryan34222

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose Munch View Post
They have an out after 7 years for 25 million. This is a final shot to get the arena done IMO.
Let it go MM.. There's groups interested in buying the team and keeping them in Buffalo. If I'm not mistaken Goodell is from the Buffalo area as well.. No way this team moves out of NY.

Old
12-22-2012, 12:54 AM
Melrose Munch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan34222 View Post
How very Torontonian of you lol

Good for the Bills, the NFL team stays in a city were it loves football.
He has the right to his opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan34222 View Post
Let it go MM.. There's groups interested in buying the team and keeping them in Buffalo. If I'm not mistaken Goodell is from the Buffalo area as well.. No way this team moves out of NY.
Did I say I want them here or that I like the Bills? I was simply pointing out a section of the article that was not mention. Besides LA is looking for two teams and the rose bowl is ready to go.

Old
12-22-2012, 01:09 AM
Ryan34222

Quote:
He has the right to his opinion

Did I say I want them here or that I like the Bills? I was simply pointing out a section of the article that was not mention. Besides LA is looking for two teams and the rose bowl is ready to go.
NO sir, I guess you did not.. Can't blame me though, you posting in a Buffalo Bills or Bills in Toronto thread is always arguing for a move to TO.

Old
12-22-2012, 01:23 AM
epo

Why are they so against a move in year 9 or 10?

epo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 01:55 AM
FakeKidPoker*

Quote:
Toronto can't support an NFL team

FakeKidPoker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 02:11 AM
popo

Quote:
Know who else could care less? Based on attendance of the Bills games, I'd say Torontonians!
Doesn't the CFL outdraw the NFL in Canada for TV ratings? So you'd be in the minority for people who don't care if the CFL was "killed". And what do you think killing the CFL would do to amateur/minor football in Canada?

popo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 02:22 AM
Kane One

vCash: 1500
People say that an NFL team in Toronto would kill the Argonauts/CFL, but why can't the Argonauts just leave the CFL?

12-22-2012, 02:25 AM
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle

Quote:
Originally Posted by popo View Post
Know who else could care less? Based on attendance of the Bills games, I'd say Torontonians!
Doesn't the CFL outdraw the NFL in Canada for TV ratings? So you'd be in the minority for people who don't care if the CFL was "killed". And what do you think killing the CFL would do to amateur/minor football in Canada?
An NFL team in Canada, no matter where it is, would more than likely make me an instant NFL fan. As it stands, I have no connection to any of their teams and I love underdog stories.

smackdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 03:28 PM
Rocko604

Quote:
Yes they do. And nearly 6 million people tuned into the Grey Cup.

What gets me is that some people just can't bring themselves to be a fan of both leagues. I'm a diehard Steelers fan, and was a BC Lions season ticket holder for three years until I started working shift-work. Another thing is the whole "Canadian" thing. Seahawks are a couple hours away, yet if Toronto were to land a team, more people in BC would become NFL fans? Enjoy the flight to Toronto to cheer your "home" team.

Old
12-22-2012, 07:06 PM
Grand Volcan

Quote:
For the regular season CFL ratings do a fair amount better then NFL. The NFL divisional rounds are beaten slightly by the opening rounds of the CFL playoffs, but the conference championships and superbowl beat their CFL counterparts.

Grand Volcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 07:16 PM
Gormo
Holupchi

Quote:
What are you thinking?

Youd rather have one NFL team in Canada that is destined to pretty much never accomplish anything, then an entire league that is unique, independent, and provides an exciting brand of football.

Gormo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 07:22 PM
Melrose Munch

Quote:
Originally Posted by gormo View Post
What are you thinking?

Youd rather have one NFL team in Canada that is destined to pretty much never accomplish anything, then an entire league that is unique, independent, and provides an exciting brand of football.
Why? Is it a crime not to like the CFL now?

Old
12-22-2012, 07:43 PM
Rocko604

Quote:
Why? Is it a crime not to like the CFL now?
Not at all.

But explain to me the upside of killing off a Candian league with fans across the coutnry, nearly over 50 years of history and for some in Saskatchwean the only reason to live, just so we can appease the city of Toronto.

Old
12-22-2012, 08:19 PM
Melrose Munch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko604 View Post
Not at all.

But explain to me the upside of killing off a Candian league with fans across the coutnry, nearly over 50 years of history and for some in Saskatchwean the only reason to live, just so we can appease the city of Toronto.
None at all...I was just saying people are entitled to what they like.

Old
12-22-2012, 08:28 PM
rojac
HFBoards Sponsor

Why can't Toronto have the NFL and the rest of the country can keep their minor football league?

After all, the Toronto Argonausts are a team that no one wanted to own, so the Vancouver owner had to buy them to keep them alive. That very fact is enough to make me lose respect for the league. Also, the very fact that I make more money than most CFLers, many of whom need to work in the off-season to make a decent living, doesn't help.

rojac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 08:51 PM
Melrose Munch

Quote:
Originally Posted by rojac View Post
Why can't Toronto have the NFL and the rest of the country can keep their minor football league?

After all, the Toronto Argonausts are a team that no one wanted to own, so the Vancouver owner had to buy them to keep them alive. That very fact is enough to make me lose respect for the league. Also, the very fact that I make more money than most CFLers, many of whom need to work in the off-season to make a decent living, doesn't help.
Just for keeps, Bell owns a piece of the Habs and the Leafs. The NHL also used to stand for Norris House League (paging Killion)