Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > WHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

2012-2013 Trade Rumour Thread

Old
11-17-2012, 12:55 PM
krazy kanuck

vCash: 500
2012-2013 Trade Rumour Thread

I thought I'd set up a thread for 2012-2013 trade rumours.

From my end, I'm wondering if the Oil Kings are done acquiring d-men now that they have acquired Musil. There was talk of Reilly on the radio around here at one point, but that was before the other trade...

krazy kanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2012, 02:18 PM
Jamie Benn
NHL Draft Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy kanuck View Post
I thought I'd set up a thread for 2012-2013 trade rumours.

From my end, I'm wondering if the Oil Kings are done acquiring d-men now that they have acquired Musil. There was talk of Reilly on the radio around here at one point, but that was before the other trade...
I've heard things about Dumba and Murray, I can't confirm anything but this is what I hear on HFBoards so.

Jamie Benn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2012, 02:33 PM
JaredCowenFan
The Next Bergeron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yandle Bars View Post
I've heard things about Dumba and Murray, I can't confirm anything but this is what I hear on HFBoards so.
I hope not. If anything does happend with Dumba i'll try to be the first on it.

And to do with Edmonton I don't think they'll need anymore D. They're stacked enough at it is, lol. Let's just try and make it to the playoffs before anything first.

JaredCowenFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2012, 02:50 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

If there is a full season lockout = Murray will mostly be trade. If there is up in the air feeling then there is close to zero percentage he's traded, IMO. Dumba on the other hand can really quicken Red Deer's rebuilding process with bring some nice pieces back to the Rebs.

S E P H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2012, 03:41 PM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yandle Bars View Post
Quote:
Dean Millard ‏@TPSDean

Everett Silvertips defenceman Ryan Murray has a separated shoulder. Not sure how long he'll be out, more details to come this aft.
I dont think Murray is going anywhere for a while.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 03:25 PM
Jamie Benn
NHL Draft Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
I dont think Murray is going anywhere for a while.
I wasn't at the game but I heard it looked pretty serious.

Jamie Benn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 05:18 PM
timekeep

Saskatoon Blades trade with PA Raiders their jerseys as PA won't be getting the Memorial Cup.

timekeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 01:08 AM
Royal Canuck
Go Canucks Go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by timekeep View Post
Saskatoon Blades trade with PA Raiders their jerseys as PA won't be getting the Memorial Cup.
So Saskatoon just throws in the towel for the season and "passes the torch" to Prince Albert? Doesn't make sense. The Blades are hosting the memorial cup, winners or not. Might as well try and pull this season back together.

Twitter |HFBoards Contact | Blog
PSN - TBennz
"You're never a loser until you quit trying. " - Mike Ditka
Royal Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 09:16 AM
phillipsj89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Canuck View Post
So Saskatoon just throws in the towel for the season and "passes the torch" to Prince Albert? Doesn't make sense. The Blades are hosting the memorial cup, winners or not. Might as well try and pull this season back together.
Yea, I agree. I mean, all the prep work would have to be changed, I just don't see it happening. None the less, I am sure they will pull their own at the mem cup, most teams rise to the occasion.

phillipsj89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 07:51 PM
Royal Canuck
Go Canucks Go!

Inglis to the Blazers... Dumba next?

Old
11-19-2012, 08:08 PM
timekeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Canuck View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillipsj89 View Post
Yea, I agree. I mean, all the prep work would have to be changed, I just don't see it happening. None the less, I am sure they will pull their own at the mem cup, most teams rise to the occasion.
Bit of joke gents. Blades are only 2 points out of the playoffs, Lorne will sell the farm in a couple of trades to get them up the standings.

timekeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 08:18 PM
I am the Liquor

Quote:
Originally Posted by timekeep View Post
Bit of joke gents. Blades are only 2 points out of the playoffs, Lorne will sell the farm in a couple of trades to get them up the standings.
He already sold the farm.

All he has left are an old tractor tire and some rancid milk cans.

Old
11-19-2012, 08:20 PM
arsmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
He already sold the farm.

All he has left are an old tractor tire and some rancid milk cans.
I was thinking the same thing.

Blew his wad on Brayden Schenn and set the team back big time.

People were upset about Shawinigan last year, their going to be livid watching the Blades in the Memorial Cup.

I can't see any real moves that can put them over the top.

arsmaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2012, 01:09 PM
R S
Renegade Stylings

vCash: 453
Blades still have a their 1st and 2nds this year, a stable of prospects and several attractive young roster players to potentially deal. That's not to mention high picks in 2014 and beyond.

R S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2012, 03:25 PM
Royal Canuck
Go Canucks Go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
I was thinking the same thing.

Blew his wad on Brayden Schenn and set the team back big time.

People were upset about Shawinigan last year, their going to be livid watching the Blades in the Memorial Cup.

I can't see any real moves that can put them over the top.
Don't be surprised if they start trying to take stars from the bottom teams, (Forsberg, Dumba, possibly Shinkaruk, Vannieuwenheizen etc.)

Old
11-23-2012, 11:37 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

I think Saskatoon needs another scoring punch. Their secondary scoring is really good, but they still lack a top natch player. Players like Montgomery, Bourke, Valk, etc would help them a lot. The problem about this year is, the bottom teams are rebuilding with young talent and do not want to trade them, while the top teams have the best offensive talent and do not want to trade them due to having a potential deep run in the playoffs.

Not saying it won't happen, but I would be shock to see Shinkaruk getting traded.

S E P H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2012, 01:15 AM
R S
Renegade Stylings

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
I think Saskatoon needs another scoring punch. Their secondary scoring is really good, but they still lack a top natch player. Players like Montgomery, Bourke, Valk, etc would help them a lot. The problem about this year is, the bottom teams are rebuilding with young talent and do not want to trade them, while the top teams have the best offensive talent and do not want to trade them due to having a potential deep run in the playoffs.

Not saying it won't happen, but I would be shock to see Shinkaruk getting traded.
Not sure I agree with your assessment. To me, their top end is fine. Their line of Nicholls-Stransky-McColgan has been fantastic (up until Shane's recent injury). Nicholls is among league leaders in goals and all three players are now above a point per game.

To me, their depth scoring has been the part that's missing.

Guys like Sutter, Burns, Walker have been put in a spot to provide secondary offence and simply haven't.

Adding more offensive guys would definitely help and it would allow guys like Sutter and Burns to stick to 3rd line checking roles more than anything else.

Old
11-24-2012, 10:14 AM
I am the Liquor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings View Post
Blades still have a their 1st and 2nds this year, a stable of prospects and several attractive young roster players to potentially deal. That's not to mention high picks in 2014 and beyond.
Quote:
The Saskatoon Blades are pleased to announce the acquisition of forward Brenden Walker from the Brandon Wheat Kings.

In exchange for Walker, the Blades surrender a 2nd round pick in the 2012 WHL Bantam Draft, a 2nd round pick in the 2013 WHL Bantam Draft and a 3rd round pick in the 2014 WHL Bantam Draft. The deal also gives Brandon a right to swap 1st round picks in the 2014 WHL Bantam Draft.

The Saskatoon Blades are very pleased to announce the acquisition of forward Nathan Burns from the Vancouver Giants.

In exchange for the Edmonton, Alberta native, the Blades have dealt centre Travis McEvoy, a 3rd round pick in the 2013 WHL Bantam Draft and a 1st round pick in the 2014 WHL Bantam Draft.
Odd that the Blades were able to trade their first round pick in 2014 when Brandon has the option to switch. Maybe that still applies, and Vancouver would have to swap the picks if Brandon wants to, which is probable.

Last edited by I am the Liquor: 11-24-2012 at 11:27 AM.
Old
11-30-2012, 03:47 PM
MBJets

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post

Do the Blades have any picks or young players to makea trade for Bertaggia from the Wheat Kings they are in a rebuild mode.

MBJets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 04:09 PM
phillipsj89

Not sure of the validity, or where it started but recently there have been some rumors about Morgan Reilly on Twitter. Kamloops possibly in the mix, would make sense, now with Madaisky for sure not coming back (injury) and the blazers having some draft assets. TBH I wold be ecstatic, but i mean, who wouldn't be.

phillipsj89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 04:53 PM
R S
Renegade Stylings

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBJets View Post
Do the Blades have any picks or young players to makea trade for Bertaggia from the Wheat Kings they are in a rebuild mode.
Don't see the Blades moving an import to make room for Bertaggia. He's a good player, but not more important than Stransky or Makarov.

Quote:
Not sure of the validity, or where it started but recently there have been some rumors about Morgan Reilly on Twitter. Kamloops possibly in the mix, would make sense, now with Madaisky for sure not coming back (injury) and the blazers having some draft assets. TBH I wold be ecstatic, but i mean, who wouldn't be.
I wouldn't call them rumours. I saw them and it was basically one guy saying he would be a good fit there. He would be a good fit anywhere.

I really don't think the Warriors deal Rielly at this point, regardless of how bad they've been lately.

Old
11-30-2012, 05:21 PM
Royal Canuck
Go Canucks Go!

Quote:
Victoria could use some defensemen too. Only problem is that we don't have much value to work with.