HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

Chicago Wolves Discussion - Part VI

Closed Thread

Old
12-15-2012, 07:42 PM
orcatown

vCash: 500
Kassian has great touch. good hustle by Hunt

Old
12-15-2012, 07:42 PM
Tiranis

Sterling scores on a cross-ice feed from Kassian. Kassian having a good game offensively but not showing much in terms of physicality, that said probably not the game he needs to do that anyway.

Old
12-15-2012, 07:45 PM
jammyrft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
Sterling scores on a cross-ice feed from Kassian. Kassian having a good game offensively but not showing much in terms of physicality, that said probably not the game he needs to do that anyway.
If he's scoring then people look past that he's not playing physical. But it seems like he has no balance or consistency. He RARELY hits or uses his body. Also it's when he's not scoring he doesn't seem to up his game in other areas like fighting, hitting, intimidating or creating havoc.

Old
12-15-2012, 07:48 PM
Tiranis

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammyrft View Post
If he's scoring then people look past that he's not playing physical. But it seems like he has no balance or consistency. He RARELY hits or uses his body. Also it's when he's not scoring he doesn't seem to up his game in other areas like fighting, hitting, intimidating or creating havoc.
That's not really true. He's got 3 fights this year, which puts him on pace for 10 or 11 fights per season. That's a lot. He has at least 2-3 hits each game, again that's a lot. I said this before but Kassian offensively plays more like Franzen than like Lucic. You don't expect Franzen to go out there hurting people consistently, do you?

Kassian will need a few more seasons before he figures out how to stay more consistent in his physical play while still playing the same offensive game that has brought him success. Right now the load is on him to be both the most physical player and the most offensive player on the Wolves, that's a tough task.

Old
12-15-2012, 07:51 PM
Tiranis

Friesen with a tough hit but looked like he could've gotten a boarding major. Lucky to escape any punishment.

Old
12-15-2012, 07:53 PM
Tiranis

Watching Haydar skate around trying to find a way to avoid any physical contact is both amusing and frustrating. The lengths he'll go to...

Also, Joslin having another stellar game. Really driving the play for the past month or so.

Old
12-15-2012, 07:56 PM
Tiranis

Lake Erie score on a sick shot off the RW.

Old
12-15-2012, 07:57 PM
jammyrft

Quote:
That's not really true. He's got 3 fights this year, which puts him on pace for 10 or 11 fights per season. That's a lot. He has at least 2-3 hits each game, again that's a lot. I said this before but Kassian offensively plays more like Franzen than like Lucic. You don't expect Franzen to go out there hurting people consistently, do you?

Kassian will need a few more seasons before he figures out how to stay more consistent in his physical play while still playing the same offensive game that has brought him success. Right now the load is on him to be both the most physical player and the most offensive player on the Wolves, that's a tough task.

2 of those fights were against Abby heat, I was at both games and neither fight did Kassian start, cause, or respond to a hit. Both were because the heat challenged him/grabbed him and started fighting.

Also I disagree that hit hits because really...he doesn't. If he gave the heart and effort that Archiblad has been showing he'd be a HELL of a player.

Old
12-15-2012, 07:59 PM
Wisp

My cousin Mark plays for the Monsters, so eff you guys tonight. GO MONSTERS!

Old
12-15-2012, 07:59 PM
me2
Seahawks 43

vCash: 50
Kassian more Bruce Banner than Incredible Hulk. If he ever puts them together.... unlikely but still.

Old
12-15-2012, 08:02 PM
Tiranis

Sweatt tripped and nothing. Horrible no-call.

Old
12-15-2012, 08:04 PM
Tiranis

Kassian crushes a guy against the boards.

Old
12-15-2012, 08:04 PM
jammyrft

Quote:
Originally Posted by me2 View Post
Kassian more Bruce Banner than Incredible Hulk. If he ever puts them together.... unlikely but still.

Never thought of it that way, although kind of silly it's pretty accurate

Old
12-15-2012, 08:05 PM
jammyrft

Quote:
Kassian crushes a guy against the boards.

Haha eating crow right now. Where are you watching? Have a stream?

Old
12-15-2012, 08:05 PM
Tiranis

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammyrft View Post
Haha eating crow right now. Where are you watching? Have a stream?
I have a full season subscription on the AHL site.

Old
12-15-2012, 08:06 PM
Wisp

Go Monsters! Go Olver! Show those pathetic Canucks fans who is boss.

Old
12-15-2012, 08:08 PM
Tiranis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisp View Post
Go Monsters! Go Olver! Show those pathetic Canucks fans who is boss.
Has a goal, you know? He's playing quite well.

Old
12-15-2012, 08:12 PM
Wisp

Quote:
Has a goal, you know? He's playing quite well.
Huzzah! Need to get home and watch.

Old
12-15-2012, 08:13 PM
Tiranis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisp View Post
Huzzah! Need to get home and watch.
There's no stream, sorry. Only the official AHL feed and that costs like $6.99 or something if you don't have the full yearly subscription. I'll try and keep an eye out on how he's doing in the 3rd period, if I can.

Old
12-15-2012, 08:22 PM
BerSTUzzi

sooooo we are now mad a Kassian for getting 2 assists and not fighting someone? WTF

Old
12-15-2012, 08:26 PM
Canuckee

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerSTUzzi View Post
sooooo we are now mad a Kassian for getting 2 assists and not fighting someone? WTF
Nobody said they're unhappy with Kassian this game...

Old
12-15-2012, 08:28 PM
BerSTUzzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuckee View Post
Nobody said they're unhappy with Kassian this game...
I was just referring not to the comments he is not physical enough. I know people aren't mad at the 2 assists.

Old
12-15-2012, 08:28 PM
orcatown

Real good period for the Wolves. Kassian was in monster mode. Goal against when against the general run of the play and was a perfect shot.

Said in a post that got deleted for some reason that there is a Bertuzzi-like aspect to Kassain. See him making the nice little touch plays - sometimes too fancy- see the big time speed, the size and the big time amplitude of his play and you can hope for a real force. However, you need to be patient. Like Bertuzzi he will need time. Wasn't until Bertuzzi was in his mid to late 20's that he emerged. In fact, the Islanders gave up on him. Just seemed so brain dead at times and unfocused. Someone just had to to get him in the right position to suceed and and give him some space and let him emerge. Got to do the same thing with Kassian.

Monsters are really putting pressure om the Wolves D at times and really running Tanev. Somehow this organization has to provide better protection for its youngsters. Rather see some real enforcer on the bench than someone like Davies who can provide nothing on a 4th line role. Just seems like the team will not even look for someone to play that role. And you don't want Kassian in that role. He needs to learn to play.

People running down Joslin are yesterdays news. He has been playing well for awhile and is certainly above Connauton in the pecking order. Below Tanev however.

Like Schroeder's play in this game but he must start converting his chances. He needs to be dynamic and will not be unless he is better able to bare down on the chances he is getting. Needs to be able to hit the open spot on his shot and make the good pass in tight. He had a couple of excellent opportunities (which you have to give him credit for creating) but he needs to put away produce better in those situations. Could say the same thing for Sweatt. That finishing talent is hard to find but you need it to move to the next level.

Andersson had good period and is much better than Sauve. Probably not saying anything people don't know here.

Old
12-15-2012, 08:30 PM
Tiranis

Officiating is ridiculous. Schroeder looked like he got tripped, nothing. Sweatt gets high-sticked, nothing.

Old
12-15-2012, 08:31 PM
jammyrft

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerSTUzzi View Post

If you're referring to me that's not at all what I've been saying. Please re read

Closed Thread