HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Chicago Wolves Discussion - Part VI

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-22-2012, 08:19 PM
  #776
orcatown
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 7,782
vCash: 500
Sterling having a very rough effort

orcatown is offline  
Old
12-22-2012, 08:20 PM
  #777
Verviticus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 5,694
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by orcatown View Post
But they are certainly free to prove me wrong.
no they aren't, they're literally incapable of proving you wrong because you haven't created an argument that's entirely falsifiable. you can point to little bits and pieces and go "prove this wrong lalalala" but everyone here knows it won't make a damn bit of difference because they're throwaway junk you didn't have to include in the first place so you can pretend that the rest of your argument is worth anything

your argument is something like

assertion
junk
junk
useless falsifiable statement
opinion
useless falsifiable statement
junk
conclusion

and then when people prove 2/6 things wrong you'll go "well what about the rest" well the rest aren't things that matter

Verviticus is offline  
Old
12-22-2012, 08:20 PM
  #778
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons
 
vanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Hong Kong
Posts: 11,092
vCash: 500
Friesen centering the 2nd PP? Really?

vanuck is offline  
Old
12-22-2012, 08:22 PM
  #779
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons
 
vanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Hong Kong
Posts: 11,092
vCash: 500
Good effort by the 4th line there. Andersson showing some good poise on the point.

vanuck is offline  
Old
12-22-2012, 08:27 PM
  #780
JanBulisPiggyBack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 482
vCash: 500
Totally control over this game

Excellent work by the goaltender, I dunno how this team is so snake bit but goals really dont come easy for them

Overall really impressed at the pressure and poise the wolves are displaying, hopefully they can convert a chance or two, lots of shots but not a lot of high percentage chances

JanBulisPiggyBack is offline  
Old
12-22-2012, 08:30 PM
  #781
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: calgary
Posts: 16,217
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by orcatown View Post
Moreover we’ll see how the season plays out and whether Lack improves or regresses under the Melanson’s system or whether, in fact, he abandons it.
Eddie Lack stepped into the AHL as an undrafted 22 year old and posted back to back .930SV% seasons under the tutelage of Rollie Melanson. This summer the goalie guild ranked Lack the 2nd best goaltending prospect in the world behind Jacob Markstrom. Now you want to use a 5-10 game sample size this season to determine Melanson is failing the kid?

I would like to hear your opinion about the play of Matt Climie and how Melanson's influenced his game.

I will take your word for it that Luongo and Schneider refused to listen to anything Melanson has taught them and that's why we've had the best SV% in the NHL in the 2 years Melanson has been in Vancouver.

Drop the Sopel is online now  
Old
12-22-2012, 08:32 PM
  #782
orcatown
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 7,782
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verviticus View Post
no they aren't, they're literally incapable of proving you wrong because you haven't created an argument that's entirely falsifiable. you can point to little bits and pieces and go "prove this wrong lalalala" but everyone here knows it won't make a damn bit of difference because they're throwaway junk you didn't have to include in the first place so you can pretend that the rest of your argument is worth anything

your argument is something like

assertion
junk
junk
useless falsifiable statement
opinion
useless falsifiable statement
junk
conclusion

and then when people prove 2/6 things wrong you'll go "well what about the rest" well the rest aren't things that matter
And this is the best you can do???

orcatown is offline  
Old
12-22-2012, 08:36 PM
  #783
arsmaster
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 20,953
vCash: 500
Kassian....gotta bear down. Tough break there, should have scored.

arsmaster is online now  
Old
12-22-2012, 08:50 PM
  #784
roach9
Registered User
 
roach9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Sudbury
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,762
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by orcatown View Post
And this is the best you can do???
From a bipartisan bystander, he's right.

roach9 is offline  
Old
12-22-2012, 08:52 PM
  #785
arsmaster
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 20,953
vCash: 500
Archibald on the PP. Again.

arsmaster is online now  
Old
12-22-2012, 08:55 PM
  #786
Orca Smash
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,557
vCash: 500
Damn no goal.

Orca Smash is offline  
Old
12-22-2012, 08:56 PM
  #787
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons
 
vanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Hong Kong
Posts: 11,092
vCash: 500
^ Archibald with the goal. Assists to Tanev and K-Conn. At least that's what it says on the stats sheet...

Now 5 goals in 9 games for him.

Andersson seems to be paired with Joslin now.


Last edited by vanuck: 12-22-2012 at 09:01 PM.
vanuck is offline  
Old
12-22-2012, 09:07 PM
  #788
Luck 6
\\_______
 
Luck 6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 7,536
vCash: 500
Not a bad start for Archibald here. I realize he's scoring, but does he look like he could be a 2nd line forward in the NHL someday or is he more of an AHL 1st liner like Haydar was?

Luck 6 is offline  
Old
12-22-2012, 09:07 PM
  #789
JanBulisPiggyBack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 482
vCash: 500
I just realized this is Detroits farm team, I have been hung over all day so I am not thinking clearly

But there have been debates in other forums about prospects and such and its nice to see we are out performing some of the Detroit players

JanBulisPiggyBack is offline  
Old
12-22-2012, 09:07 PM
  #790
arsmaster
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 20,953
vCash: 500
Nice Schroeder runs over the goalie! Those are the ones you can kill? Nice effort.

arsmaster is online now  
Old
12-22-2012, 09:12 PM
  #791
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons
 
vanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Hong Kong
Posts: 11,092
vCash: 500
Crappy call, really... and the Griffins tie it up.

vanuck is offline  
Old
12-22-2012, 09:12 PM
  #792
Orca Smash
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,557
vCash: 500
Well I knew it was coming at some point, goal for GRG, poor climie hes been playing great again to.

Orca Smash is offline  
Old
12-22-2012, 09:17 PM
  #793
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons
 
vanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Hong Kong
Posts: 11,092
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck 6 View Post
Not a bad start for Archibald here. I realize he's scoring, but does he look like he could be a 2nd line forward in the NHL someday or is he more of an AHL 1st liner like Haydar was?
It's hard to say, but he might top out as a good bottom 6 guy if he keeps developing.

vanuck is offline  
Old
12-22-2012, 09:21 PM
  #794
Orca Smash
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,557
vCash: 500
Wow great save by climie hope it stands. No idea what all our players were doing.

Orca Smash is offline  
Old
12-22-2012, 09:21 PM
  #795
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons
 
vanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Hong Kong
Posts: 11,092
vCash: 500
What a rush by J. Andersson, but no goal it seems.

vanuck is offline  
Old
12-22-2012, 09:22 PM
  #796
orcatown
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 7,782
vCash: 500
Got lucky there

orcatown is offline  
Old
12-22-2012, 09:28 PM
  #797
Linden
[hello] :)
 
Linden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Granduland
Country: United States
Posts: 46,830
vCash: 50
so close

Linden is offline  
Old
12-22-2012, 09:30 PM
  #798
Linden
[hello] :)
 
Linden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Granduland
Country: United States
Posts: 46,830
vCash: 50
that was such a good play

overcommitted on tartar

Linden is offline  
Old
12-22-2012, 09:31 PM
  #799
Orca Smash
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,557
vCash: 500
I dont think the wolves could have hit more posts if they would even try.

Orca Smash is offline  
Old
12-22-2012, 09:31 PM
  #800
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons
 
vanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Hong Kong
Posts: 11,092
vCash: 500
Bah... GRA wins in OT.

vanuck is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:27 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.