HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Isles to Brooklyn 2015 Part III **Preseason Game v Devils 9-21-13

Closed Thread

Old
04-18-2013, 10:05 PM
Renbarg

vCash: 500
Botta stirring **** up

Old
04-18-2013, 10:12 PM
RichOnTheLI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renbarg View Post
Botta stirring **** up
That guy changed a lot. It seems to me that he's more and more bitter each day!

Old
04-19-2013, 03:39 AM
Steve55

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/S...-Brooklyn.aspx

Old
04-19-2013, 03:54 PM
Isles Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost35 View Post
as I thought it was only a matter of time until the logo gets a complete revamp, they know damn well the people in Brooklyn and the surrounding areas could care less about a Long Island based team, and don't tell me "Brooklyn is a part of Long Island" because I assure you no Brooklynite wants to be a part of Long Island

enjoy these last couple of years because they will be the last years of the New York Islanders as we know it, just amazing how some people are so quick to make the move to Brooklyn, absolutely ZERO pride in the Islanders and all they have accomplished
Lifted this from the Nesday article this morning:

"We are the New York Islanders," he said. "Brett is a master marketer. He is very, very good. We've been listening to him. But we're not going to rename the team. The colors are the same. The logo is the same." - Charles Wang

Sleep well my friend.

Old
04-19-2013, 03:58 PM
Steve55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles Fan View Post
Lifted this from the Nesday article this morning:

"We are the New York Islanders," he said. "Brett is a master marketer. He is very, very good. We've been listening to him. But we're not going to rename the team. The colors are the same. The logo is the same." - Charles Wang

Sleep well my friend.
I wonder how much Newsday will cover the Isles after they move into Brooklyn.

Old
04-19-2013, 06:08 PM
Strummergas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve55 View Post
I wonder how much Newsday will cover the Isles after they move into Brooklyn.
Don't they cover the Rangers?

Old
04-19-2013, 10:49 PM
ScaredStreit

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnutks View Post
I wonder if people had this discussion in '72? "Do you think they will call them the Nassau Islanders?"
Nobody outside of the area knows what Nassau is-not the case with Brooklyn.

Old
04-20-2013, 03:31 AM
Bert Marshall days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeland Security View Post
https://twitter.com/chrisbottanhl/st...36494634651649

ChrisBottaNHL: Charles Wang: Barclays/Nets staff will run the #Isles business side. #sbjsff
This is HUGE! I never saw a marketing campaign as big as the Nets. They were everywhere in lower manhattan and midtown. Very aggressive. I wouldn't trust NYI's business ops and their college radio small time mentality. Tavares will soon be seen all over NYC like Deron Williams.

It also could pave the way for Barclay's/Nets to own NYI eventually.

Old
04-20-2013, 04:39 AM
The Korean*

Send a message via AIM to The Korean* Send a message via Yahoo to The Korean*
Brett Yormark being the CEO of Nets, Isles and Barclays Center? Wowie.

Old
04-20-2013, 10:02 AM
wingnutks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaredStreit View Post
Nobody outside of the area knows what Nassau is-not the case with Brooklyn.
More people know New York, than know Brooklyn

Old
04-20-2013, 01:37 PM
Bert Marshall days

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Below is the entire article.

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/S...spx?print=true
On a deal failing in Nassau County failing but succeeding in Brooklyn: "[The deal] is every thing we wanted to do for Long Island. Except we failed. And Bruce Ratner, as you all know, succeeded. It's a bittersweet kind of thing because we wanted to make sure the team stayed local. It was so important, because this is where I grew up. This was my neighborhood. ... I didn't think we would fail in building it, and I really didn't think [Ratner] had that much of a chance. After all, he was on top of a rail yard. But with all his obstacles, I didn't realize our obstacles were bigger. ... As time went on, it became more and more evident that this was a great alternative."On talks with other cities: "There were offers, bona fide offers to move it. ... We made the commitment to try everything possible to stay local. It's the New York Islanders."
This says it all.

Old
04-21-2013, 03:47 AM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

You guys should be happy the team is moving to Brooklyn, and not to Kansas or Seattle. The move was unevitable, and having the team move only a few miles while still being technically on Long Island is as good as you couldve reasonably expected.

Old
04-22-2013, 01:34 PM
Bert Marshall days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacon View Post
You guys should be happy the team is moving to Brooklyn, and not to Kansas or Seattle. The move was unevitable, and having the team move only a few miles while still being technically on Long Island is as good as you couldve reasonably expected.
Bingo!

SHOULD being the operative word.

Old
04-26-2013, 02:54 PM
7:11 of OT
Call my Monkey Butch

http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey...ible-1.5146601

Bettman - "Get Isles to Brooklyn ASAP"!

Old
04-26-2013, 04:45 PM
The Korean*

It doesnt matter what Bettman wants. If Nassau doesnt like what NHL or Isles or Ratner is offering, Isles are there until 2015.

Old
04-26-2013, 05:11 PM
lacunacoil777

I still think its bad for aquiring players asuming they fail to spend to league average payroll. Right now players live in well to do subburbs and drive ten minutes to work. In brooklyn they will have to become city folks, or drive an hour to games. Maybe more if they practice in the bronx with that bridge traffic.

Old
04-26-2013, 06:43 PM
Enigma Publius

Yeah, because the Isles have been making a killing in the FA market.

The move to Brooklyn is great. It's fun and exciting. It's energizing. I do hope they make only minor, cosmetic changes to the branding, however.

Old
04-26-2013, 08:50 PM
trueblue9441

Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
I know it's a rumor but I don't understand why the isles would even entertain the thought of having their practice rink in the Bronx especially when aviator sports is right in Brooklyn. They don't have an anchor tenant as the federal hockey league Brooklyn aviators folded. That's a perfect fit for the isles in my opinion

Old
04-26-2013, 10:12 PM
Edr1971

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacunacoil777 View Post
I still think its bad for aquiring players asuming they fail to spend to league average payroll. Right now players live in well to do subburbs and drive ten minutes to work. In brooklyn they will have to become city folks, or drive an hour to games. Maybe more if they practice in the bronx with that bridge traffic.
Just like it effects the Nets, Knick, and the Rags in their player acquisition playing in a major city where the players can go out after games and meet single ladies.
I must be mistaken Jericho turnpike or Hempstead turnpike has all tht as well.

Old
04-27-2013, 01:02 AM
The Korean*

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue9441 View Post
I know it's a rumor but I don't understand why the isles would even entertain the thought of having their practice rink in the Bronx especially when aviator sports is right in Brooklyn. They don't have an anchor tenant as the federal hockey league Brooklyn aviators folded. That's a perfect fit for the isles in my opinion
Its a good facility for kids, but not for a pro team. If they can convert the abandoned hanger across the field from the current Aviator building, that might work.

Old
04-27-2013, 07:41 AM
CREW99AW

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by krnboy1009 View Post
It doesnt matter what Bettman wants. If Nassau doesnt like what NHL or Isles or Ratner is offering, Isles are there until 2015.
The County's plan is to build a $2 billion Bio-Tech park and smaller arena, where the current arena is located. Newsday says they hope to break ground before the end of 2013.

Both the Isles and County pols, have a reason to want the Isles out early.

Old
04-27-2013, 07:45 AM
CREW99AW

vCash: 725
No need to change the logo/colors/name. Put a quality product on the ice and fans will come out.
https://twitter.com/ChrisBottaNHL
Chris Botta‏@ChrisBottaNHL25 Apr
Over the last week, Islanders have sold more than 1,000 new full season tickets for 2013-14. #YayNassau

-------------------------------------------------------

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/busines...B5PWxOamOgIYLO
Yormark, at the conference with Wang, without mentioning his study, said, “The colors black and white are the new badge of honor in Brooklyn. The question is, can we weave that into the [Islanders] color scheme, and create a connection to the fans here in Brooklyn?”

Still, Yormark wants to be careful, the source said.

He is more concerned about keeping the Islanders’ existing Long Island fan base than he was in keeping the Nets’ New Jersey faithful, the source said.

Old
04-27-2013, 01:40 PM
19 in a row

was having a conversation last night with another sth who mentioned he is planning on contacting the islanders to inquire about having them ask about an LIRR express train from a central location (such as hicksville) to barclays for home games once they move.. I was always one that argued that the train would be difficult for many of LIers because of the limited number of trains and because they are locals.. You can't add extra trains on 9 different lines/spurs.. However, I think this was a great idea that could make it feasible for more from out here to attend games, especially if they allowed parking in hicksville for any attending a game.. I also like that he mentioned the thought of having the train done up in Islander colors.. maybe it could be Islanders/Nets themed and they could use for both.. just an idea but made sense to me..

Old
04-27-2013, 02:08 PM
blitzkriegs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19 in a row View Post
was having a conversation last night with another sth who mentioned he is planning on contacting the islanders to inquire about having them ask about an LIRR express train from a central location (such as hicksville) to barclays for home games once they move.. I was always one that argued that the train would be difficult for many of LIers because of the limited number of trains and because they are locals.. You can't add extra trains on 9 different lines/spurs.. However, I think this was a great idea that could make it feasible for more from out here to attend games, especially if they allowed parking in hicksville for any attending a game.. I also like that he mentioned the thought of having the train done up in Islander colors.. maybe it could be Islanders/Nets themed and they could use for both.. just an idea but made sense to me..
The teams fan base will shift when they move to Brooklyn. Can people understand this? It will go corporate, midweek games will be for NYC "locals" and business folks catching a game on their way home, and the weekend games will be more geared towards the surrounding areas, such as LI.

The Isles don't want to PO their LI fan base, but seriously you have to realize the burbanite mentality of the team is over. Thankfully.

Tickets will go up in price. Smaller arena, premium market. Gone will be boatloads of kids at the games. Can't wait for that backlash from the LIers... The "cheapness" of the franchise will most likely go as well. Please, please get rid of the arena hostess garbage too.

Old
04-27-2013, 02:24 PM
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards

Its really this simple;

1. You leave the jersey as is.

2. Leave the jersey as is and add a Brooklyn themed 3rd.

3. Tweak the original jersey to include Brooklyn and Queens and leave the colors alone.

4. Tweak the original jersey to include Brooklyn and Queens and leave the colors alone and add a Brooklyn 3rd jersey.

DONE!