HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ralph Krueger

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-08-2013, 04:27 AM
  #226
MetaOil1993
Registered User
 
MetaOil1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,997
vCash: 500
This guy has made some dumb coaching decisions. The person who hired this guy is the first one who should get canned, Why hire a ****** rookie coach when we have a young team that added 2 more rookies?? , Not only that but hiring the last coach you just fired right hand man?

A young team like this should have had a coach with NHL experience along with capable veterans that can help guide them. But hey look the man running the show thinks adding 2 more rookies with lead the Oil to the promise land. Another stupid decision made by Tambo, All he does is sit on his ass. Fire both Krueger and Tambo, But then again MacT will then be in charge next

MetaOil1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 04:36 AM
  #227
Grod
The New Era Lives On
 
Grod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,439
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheikyerbouti View Post
Wasn't it Scotty Bowman that said Krueger was a smart hire

I'd take his opinion over anyone on a message board saying it is was ridiculous.

Coaching is seriously the last of our problems, we've burned through three good coaches already. The team has improved every year with these coaches, the fact is the team wasn't very good.

It wasn't so long ago we didn't even have a minor league team. The team has been terrible for a long time minus one playoff run. It's easy to blame the coach because they are out front and we don't want to hate the players (only one or two). The entire blame game should rely at the president of hockey operations feet... no?


When this team is less uniform, the coaching will magically improve
So Scotty Bowman predicted cups?

Bowman as a coach wouldn't accept this. Never mind the fact that the coach K is just a stat now... I also believe the co-responsible and former Quebec leaguer needs to be axed within this org. Him and ironically, Kevin can reunite in an effort to placing Canada outside the quarters altogether next year.


Last edited by Grod: 03-08-2013 at 04:45 AM.
Grod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 04:39 AM
  #228
Soundwave
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 25,997
vCash: 500
At this point I'd take Lowe back as GM over Tambellini and maaaaaybe Mac T back as coach over Krueger.

Yup, it's getting bad folks. At least Lowe was fairly proactive though he got wildly out of control trying to replicate the Cup run formula.

I was at the Vancouver airport the other day and saw a cute little kid scurrying around in a pint sized Oilers jersey. Lets hope there's actually a good team for him to watch at some point, lol.

#HireBurke

Soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 04:47 AM
  #229
MetaOil1993
Registered User
 
MetaOil1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,997
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
At this point I'd take Lowe back as GM over Tambellini and maaaaaybe Mac T back as coach over Krueger.

Yup, it's getting bad folks. At least Lowe was fairly proactive though he got wildly out of control trying to replicate the Cup run formula.

I was at the Vancouver airport the other day and saw a cute little kid scurrying around in a pint sized Oilers jersey. Lets hope there's actually a good team for him to watch at some point, lol.

#HireBurke
I think we need to get some stuff trending

#FireTambLowe #FireKrueger #HireBurke #HireRuff

MetaOil1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 04:49 AM
  #230
Grod
The New Era Lives On
 
Grod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,439
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
At this point I'd take Lowe back as GM over Tambellini and maaaaaybe Mac T back as coach over Krueger.

Yup, it's getting bad folks. At least Lowe was fairly proactive though he got wildly out of control trying to replicate the Cup run formula.

I was at the Vancouver airport the other day and saw a cute little kid scurrying around in a pint sized Oilers jersey. Lets hope there's actually a good team for him to watch at some point, lol.

#HireBurke
Lowe is the last piece of the Prendergast formula and their wild Q bias. I love Burkie and what he's done. Lowe is a disgrace to this organization. I am inclined like you to think we need to summon drastic resources too. Move forward man. Don't fall for the past.

Grod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 04:51 AM
  #231
Soundwave
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 25,997
vCash: 500
If we could just somehow combined Lowe's "role players" like Stoll, Torres, Hejda, Glencross, Pitkanen that Lowe acquired (granted Pitkanen was hyped more as a no.1 D) with the talented but young talent we have now.

*Sigh*.

Soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 04:53 AM
  #232
Soundwave
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 25,997
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grod View Post
Lowe is the last piece of the Prendergast formula and their wild Q bias. I love Burkie and what he's done. Lowe is a disgrace to this organization. I am inclined like you to think we need to summon drastic resources too. Move forward man. Don't fall for the past.
Burke is a tremendous drafter and judge of talent IMO.

He made that bold move to get both the Sedins, drafted Kesler, drafted Bobby Ryan, drafted Justin Schultz, drafted Kadri.

And the Schenn pick which was so-so, he turns it into JVR, who's been great for the Leafs this year.

Soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 04:57 AM
  #233
Grod
The New Era Lives On
 
Grod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,439
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
Burke is a tremendous drafter and judge of talent IMO.

He made that bold move to get both the Sedins, drafted Kesler, drafted Bobby Ryan, drafted Justin Schultz, drafted Kadri.

And the Schenn pick which was so-so, he turns it into JVR, who's been great for the Leafs this year.
Don't forget Jake Gardiner who he also re-acquired after selecting him.


Last edited by Grod: 03-08-2013 at 05:07 AM.
Grod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 05:06 AM
  #234
Grod
The New Era Lives On
 
Grod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,439
vCash: 500
I think Tambellini can acquire those role intermediary players without having to be chaperoned dont you guys?

I've extended my faith in what he's done and he's done it very well in a complacent sense but these next four weeks are his last chance. He needs a plan and that plan requires a shake-up of old vets. This team needs to be run by the young guns and have the others acquired to compliment them. Gagner needs to adapt to a different game cause im getting fairly tiresome of his "crafty" play.

Grod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 05:08 AM
  #235
Grod
The New Era Lives On
 
Grod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,439
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
If we could just somehow combined Lowe's "role players" like Stoll, Torres, Hejda, Glencross, Pitkanen that Lowe acquired (granted Pitkanen was hyped more as a no.1 D) with the talented but young talent we have now.

*Sigh*.
Did not fans give up on these players and demand larger results?

Grod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 05:12 AM
  #236
Soundwave
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 25,997
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grod View Post
Did not fans give up on these players and demand larger results?
Stoll and Torres kinda wore out their welcome here, with Stoll it was more that concussion he had, he never seemed the same after that. Raffi decided to stop hitting as an Oiler for whatever reason.

Hejda, Glencross, and Pitkanen I think the fans all wanted back. Glencross for sure.

Soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 05:22 AM
  #237
Grod
The New Era Lives On
 
Grod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,439
vCash: 500
Delete.

Grod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 05:23 AM
  #238
Grod
The New Era Lives On
 
Grod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,439
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grod View Post
Lowe is the last piece of the Prendergast formula and their wild Q bias. I love Burkie and what he's done. Lowe is a disgrace to this organization. I am inclined like you to think we need to summon drastic resources too. Move forward man. Don't fall for the past.
Delete.

Grod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 07:38 AM
  #239
BadMedicine*
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 444
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grod View Post
So Scotty Bowman predicted cups?

Bowman as a coach wouldn't accept this. Never mind the fact that the coach K is just a stat now... I also believe the co-responsible and former Quebec leaguer needs to be axed within this org. Him and ironically, Kevin can reunite in an effort to placing Canada outside the quarters altogether next year.
Bowman is laughing in our faces because he is useing the exact system we are useing , he knows darn well where their adjustments came from as well the cagey old fox, ask him where his team found the adjustments they implemented this year, I already heard him in an interview say he saw some Oilers adjustments and called his guys in and discussed them, they are ANOTHER team adding NHS influences to the Adjusted-hybrid system. Executing our system better than we are.
Dont worry Scotty we are coming for you ,soon very very soon, and when we get there we wont be using the Adjusted-hybrid you are useing now, we will be useing the HS and you my friend dont have ANY data on that system, and for your information, most teams will be running the same system you and we both use next year so make your cup run good this year as by next year we will have new managment structure somehow and will implement the NHS which happens to be the next evolutionary step of the system you are just learning to use now. You are welcome for the adjustments you only got them because the Oilers refused to listen to all my data two years ago, you are just following LAs footsteps and doing as Moma2 and the NHS showed you indirectly, anyone can activate an Adjusted-hybrid the way you guys are doing, we would be doing it right now if our managment group wasnt so crooked remember they had the adjustment data first and scoffed at it, it matters not if the Oilers are choking right now, we will soon be past the system we use today and on to the NHS. Wait till you see what this NHS system does to the NHL, ha ha ha, just tweaking the Adjusted-hybrid a few times has already caused a league wide reaction.

Pick any three of the Kings playoff games and then watch them and compare them to Chicagos games this year again any three of the Hawks last 15 games. You will immediatly see the same identical adjustments in the same sequential orders, its not fluke, it is an evolution .

BadMedicine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 07:58 AM
  #240
Mickelsnitz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 49
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gritzky98 View Post
Yep, and that is why the Oilers are destined to be the Islanders of the West. Old Boys Club is here to stay
I think this is an interesting coincidence, the last two real dynasties, in my mind, destined to suck for eternity.

Mickelsnitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 10:30 AM
  #241
Grod
The New Era Lives On
 
Grod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,439
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadMedicine View Post
Bowman is laughing in our faces because he is useing the exact system we are useing , he knows darn well where their adjustments came from as well the cagey old fox, ask him where his team found the adjustments they implemented this year, I already heard him in an interview say he saw some Oilers adjustments and called his guys in and discussed them, they are ANOTHER team adding NHS influences to the Adjusted-hybrid system. Executing our system better than we are.
Dont worry Scotty we are coming for you ,soon very very soon, and when we get there we wont be using the Adjusted-hybrid you are useing now, we will be useing the HS and you my friend dont have ANY data on that system, and for your information, most teams will be running the same system you and we both use next year so make your cup run good this year as by next year we will have new managment structure somehow and will implement the NHS which happens to be the next evolutionary step of the system you are just learning to use now. You are welcome for the adjustments you only got them because the Oilers refused to listen to all my data two years ago, you are just following LAs footsteps and doing as Moma2 and the NHS showed you indirectly, anyone can activate an Adjusted-hybrid the way you guys are doing, we would be doing it right now if our managment group wasnt so crooked remember they had the adjustment data first and scoffed at it, it matters not if the Oilers are choking right now, we will soon be past the system we use today and on to the NHS. Wait till you see what this NHS system does to the NHL, ha ha ha, just tweaking the Adjusted-hybrid a few times has already caused a league wide reaction.

Pick any three of the Kings playoff games and then watch them and compare them to Chicagos games this year again any three of the Hawks last 15 games. You will immediatly see the same identical adjustments in the same sequential orders, its not fluke, it is an evolution .
You mean Scotty or his son?

As for the adjustments, L.A. Hired a coach to harness and discipline their players abilities. Quenneville and Sutter have an element of strict western discipline Krueger is yet to become familiar with in his soft Swiss practices.

Chicago has a fast and simple transition game. They have always played the style they currently play. At least in their cup reign they did. Until then. After that the team fell apart and now they are playing for a reason, to win. Kane on wing again helps of course.

But damn do they have a phenomenal D core. Their goaltending is still their Achilles heel.

Grod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 11:49 AM
  #242
Rafters
Registered User
 
Rafters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Medicine Hat
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,109
vCash: 500
I love how fans want to 'open it up'....would prefer to lose 6-4 then 3-1.....if we play like it is the 80's with this team we lose 8-3....Ralph is trying to win but does not have the Horses......every good team is solid defensively in the neutral zone/ defensive zone and then capitalize on the other teams mistakes.......how many mistakes a game do the oilers give up.......how many wide open shots in the slot do the other teams get a game compared to the oilers...Ralph is trying to get the players to understand that offence is important but u need to maintain your gameplan and stop giving up grade A chances over and over......sometimes it's not what u get but what u leave for the other team....

Rafters is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 01:08 PM
  #243
Fixed to Ruin
Come wit it now!
 
Fixed to Ruin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Grande Prairie, AB
Posts: 7,006
vCash: 50
Just some food for thought....

Ralph Krueger said this in his post game media availability after the loss against last place Columbus.

Quote:
"If we play this kind of hockey every night we will get ourselves some wins, we got to stick with it"
Randy Carlyle said this after a loss to the almost first place Bruins last night:

Quote:
"If we can manage to commit to that type of effort night in night out, we will win our share of games"
I don't get Krueger anymore. I know positive energy is important and we can throw around feel-good buzz words all day long to keep the players in a good frame of mind.

However it's frustrating to see this team have no life whatsoever. The Oilers are lacking in most departments and it's frustrating to have a coach sit there and try to put lipstick on a pig. Kick some ass once in awhile. Geez.

Fixed to Ruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 01:31 PM
  #244
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen
 
Replacement's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hockey Hell
Country: Canada
Posts: 37,967
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by devils4cup View Post
Just some food for thought....

Ralph Krueger said this in his post game media availability after the loss against last place Columbus.



Randy Carlyle said this after a loss to the almost first place Bruins last night:



I don't get Krueger anymore. I know positive energy is important and we can throw around feel-good buzz words all day long to keep the players in a good frame of mind.

However it's frustrating to see this team have no life whatsoever. The Oilers are lacking in most departments and it's frustrating to have a coach sit there and try to put lipstick on a pig. Kick some ass once in awhile. Geez.
Krueger isn't understanding his audience very well. A communication only occurs if the speaker and audience make a connect and listening and comprehension occurs.

Krueger may fancy himself a great public speaker but he's doing a poor job imo catering it to the audience. As many have mentioned the players look, and act confused on and off the ice.

Trouble is if the class doesn't get what the teacher is putting down eventually it all just gets tuned out. I think thats happening already.

You've got Veterans on this club not understanding what the coaches want.

Heres the funniest thing. You got a new guy like Brown, who plays as simple a game as its possible to play in the NHL. But he looks confused all the time here. Watch him on the bench.

Somethings going to happen soon folks. By the time this club gets home somebodies going to be speaking out.

Wheres a guy like Sutton when you need him?

Replacement is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 01:56 PM
  #245
Fixed to Ruin
Come wit it now!
 
Fixed to Ruin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Grande Prairie, AB
Posts: 7,006
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Krueger isn't understanding his audience very well. A communication only occurs if the speaker and audience make a connect and listening and comprehension occurs.

Krueger may fancy himself a great public speaker but he's doing a poor job imo catering it to the audience. As many have mentioned the players look, and act confused on and off the ice.

Trouble is if the class doesn't get what the teacher is putting down eventually it all just gets tuned out. I think thats happening already.

You've got Veterans on this club not understanding what the coaches want.

Heres the funniest thing. You got a new guy like Brown, who plays as simple a game as its possible to play in the NHL. But he looks confused all the time here. Watch him on the bench.

Somethings going to happen soon folks. By the time this club gets home somebodies going to be speaking out.

Wheres a guy like Sutton when you need him?
Agreed,

One of the reasons I am a fan of the devils (long story) is that when things need to happen, Lamoriello makes things right.

Remember John Maclean? Of course you don't, so here's a history lesson. MacLean played a long time as a forawrd with the Devils and was an assistant with the Devils for 7 years. Then he went to the farm and coached there before taking over the Pro team after the 2009 season when Sutter left.

In 2010, the Devils who were a good team started the season (they had Kovalchuk, Brodeur, Parise, Zajac, ect.) with an abysmal 9-22-2 record and the guy was fired.

In comes an experienced NHL head coach the following offseason (Pete Deboer) and voila they are in the finals.

The truth was that Maclean was a great assistant coach but couldn't cut it as a Head Coach.

Obviously the Oilers aren't in the same situation as the 2010 Devils but i think there are many similarities between what transpired with the Devils then and with Oilers now.

Brent Sutter and Lindy Ruff are sitting on the sidelines right now...

Fixed to Ruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 05:43 PM
  #246
dnicks17
Moderator
.
 
dnicks17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,479
vCash: 500
Was watching PTI and saw something I would kill to see from Krueger.

John Calipari, the coach of the Kentucky Wildcats and one of the best NCAA basketball coaches in history, said this after losing to a lesser opponent in Georgia:
Quote:
“The biggest thing is: I am so disappointed in the job I’ve done with this team, I can’t even begin to tell you. I look at a team – I’ve done this 20-something years; I’ve never had a team not cohesive this time of year. Every one of my teams (was) cohesive. Every one of them had a will to win more than how they were playing. Every one of them had a fight. Well, if this team doesn’t have that, that’s on me. What in the heck did I do? I’ll tell you: I’m going to go back and evaluate how we practiced, what I accepted, because they’re giving us what I’ve accepted – which is, ‘It doesn’t matter whether we win or lose, I’m going to play the way I want to play.’

dnicks17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 06:00 PM
  #247
timekeep
Registered User
 
timekeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,320
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
Was watching PTI and saw something I would kill to see from Krueger.

John Calipari, the coach of the Kentucky Wildcats and one of the best NCAA basketball coaches in history, said this after losing to a lesser opponent in Georgia:
They're going to be running the stairs, bag practice.

timekeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 07:08 PM
  #248
Gret99zky
Worst Thread Ever
 
Gret99zky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Gamma Quadrant
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,777
vCash: 2422
Quote:
Originally Posted by timekeep View Post
They're going to be running the stairs, bag practice.
perhaps.

those days are long gone for hockey players.

players are entitled and know their rights, have guaranteed contracts, can't be sent down to the farm as punishment because of waivers, nor be subjected to anything mean or uncomfortable.

maybe Krueger can cut off one of his fingers to make his point.

Gret99zky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 08:19 PM
  #249
Gret99zky
Worst Thread Ever
 
Gret99zky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Gamma Quadrant
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,777
vCash: 2422

Gret99zky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 03:20 AM
  #250
cyberpunk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 33
vCash: 500
Here is what I'm seeing, Dmen pinching in, looks great for offense but face it, our Dmen are not offensively talented except J. schultz.

This forces the forwards to cover the d when the other team breaks out or alternatively forces our D to get back into position.

This tires our guys on the ice out. This isn't great strategy. Sure it looks run and gun ish... but we aren't winning the puck battles in the dump ins... turn overs are killing us. At this point... we should start playing the swiss strategy... trap.... force turnovers and kill them with our speed going the other way.

like if we look at the teams beating us or when we won games, there was a relentless forecheck game. force turnovers.

We suck, our confidence is low, we might as well go back to basics, forecheck, forecheck, grind, clog up the neutral zone chip it out of the our zone. Play to defend until we find a break going back the other way.

Simple plays, our team is quite talented, maybe thinking too much...our pp was way better when we simplified our game. MPS looking awesome, simple game, forecheck forecheck forecheck, he gets it.

cyberpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:56 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.