HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ralph Krueger

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-06-2013, 08:09 AM
  #176
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 25,576
vCash: 267
I hate being the guy that goes after a coach after a loss, but what are the odds if we continue to stink it up on this road trip that MacT takes over?

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 08:27 AM
  #177
Hammer8
Registered User
 
Hammer8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 758
vCash: 500
Listening to Kruegers post game I want to slit my wrists.

Hammer8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 08:31 AM
  #178
Gone
Fire KLowe
 
Gone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Earth
Posts: 2,627
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
I hate being the guy that goes after a coach after a loss, but what are the odds if we continue to stink it up on this road trip that MacT takes over?
Out of the four coaches we've gone through under Tambourine's puppetocracy, sadly, MacT is the best.

Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 08:35 AM
  #179
Moose Coleman
Registered User
 
Moose Coleman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
I hate being the guy that goes after a coach after a loss, but what are the odds if we continue to stink it up on this road trip that MacT takes over?
Canning another coach isn't going to fix anything. It should be Tambo's neck in the noose. Not that I expected much from him or the team at this stage: rather I feel a shakeup is in order, a signal that we are moving onto the next stage of the rebuild with new leadership.

Moose Coleman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 08:46 AM
  #180
Gord
MoneyGuy is smarter
 
Gord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,647
vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
I was expecting a draft pick in the 7-12 range so I wasn't expecting playoffs.

That said, I was expecting some entertainment every 2nd or 3rd game ... this team is frighteningly boring to watch. Even last year we got some fun nights (the Chicago blowouts for example).

This group is flatter than soda that's been left out overnight even with the notable additions of Yakupov and Schultz.
you are correct.

Preseason, I was hoping the Oilers could be in the fight for a playoff spot.

As the season goes on their quality of play just gets worse. regardless of the crap Tambo brings in, wouldn't a good coach have the team playing better as time goes on, and find a style a play that works with the players he has?

I've tried to be patient with Krueger, and I know it's "only" been 22 games. but about half the season is gone and almost every player is playing sub par, or like crap, and I think part of the problem is the gameplan and the way Krueger utilizes the players.
some of the choices he makes are inexcusable for sticking with line combos and having the wrong player sout in certian situations.

I still want lowe and tambo gone, but I'm off the Kruger bandwagon and I'm starting to think the Oilers made a poor choice in coach. I bet he only gets fired if tambo gets fired.

Gord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 08:51 AM
  #181
Gord
MoneyGuy is smarter
 
Gord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,647
vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
I hate being the guy that goes after a coach after a loss, but what are the odds if we continue to stink it up on this road trip that MacT takes over?
I don't think it will happen I think coach K is here for the year.

Personally, I liked MacT as a coach, and I also think he was a good coach.
I just think he hit his expiry date with the team and needed and the Oiler sneeded a new direction and a new message.
Tambo and Lowe just made coaching choices that were a poor fit with the players they brought in. (Although people should defend Renney more often as he did an excellent job of developing the younger players and giving them the best chance to succeed)
last year you could see development. this year is nothing but regression.

Gord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 08:55 AM
  #182
Gone
Fire KLowe
 
Gone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Earth
Posts: 2,627
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gord View Post
you are correct.

Preseason, I was hoping the Oilers could be in the fight for a playoff spot.

As the season goes on their quality of play just gets worse. regardless of the crap Tambo brings in, wouldn't a good coach have the team playing better as time goes on, and find a style a play that works with the players he has?

I've tried to be patient with Krueger, and I know it's "only" been 22 games. but about half the season is gone and almost every player is playing sub par, or like crap, and I think part of the problem is the gameplan and the way Krueger utilizes the players.
some of the choices he makes are inexcusable for sticking with line combos and having the wrong player sout in certian situations.

I still want lowe and tambo gone, but I'm off the Kruger bandwagon and I'm starting to think the Oilers made a poor choice in coach. I bet he only gets fired if tambo gets fired.
This team needs a complete house cleaning, in this order:

1) KLowe
2) Tambo

3) I would also fire the entire scouting staff who couldn't find an orange in a bag of apples; save for Musil who seems to be holding his own with European picks. In fact, take away all 1sts and all the Europens from our draft record since Stu took over and how does our draft record actually look?

4) Olczyk
5) Bucki
6) Krueger


Last edited by Gone: 03-06-2013 at 12:36 PM.
Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 09:04 AM
  #183
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 25,576
vCash: 267
Something just tells me this team is setting up to go back to pre-tambo with a flashback of K-Lowe/MacT back to their old jobs.

Don't get me wrong I didn't expect much out of this team, but we are getting to the point where we aren't improving. Seems like Katz might have an issue with that.

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 09:24 AM
  #184
Halibut
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,097
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Something just tells me this team is setting up to go back to pre-tambo with a flashback of K-Lowe/MacT back to their old jobs.

Don't get me wrong I didn't expect much out of this team, but we are getting to the point where we aren't improving. Seems like Katz might have an issue with that.
If so I think it would only be on an interim basis. I dont think either of them want to be back in the hot seats. MacT could fill in short term and Lowe would do the same but I'd bet that next season we'd have a new coach and MacT and Lowe would each move back up the chain.

Personally I think it's to soon to can the coach. We've gone through so many coaching changes, it's time the players take responsibility for what is happening on the ice. A new coach wont change anything until they do.

Halibut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 10:10 AM
  #185
worraps
Acceptance
 
worraps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,650
vCash: 50
The biggest problem this team has is the kids aren't producing. It started off as a mixture of bad luck and heightened competition but it's now taken on a life of it's own.

The fact that Hemsky is defaulted into a top 6 slot doesn't help things. He doesn't have chemistry with any of the kids. If the plan is to trade Hemsky, I get why he is defaulted into the top 6, but if the plan is to properly develop the young core and push for a playoff spot, I'd like to see these lines tomorrow night:

Hall-Gagner-Eberle
Paajarvi-RNH-Yakupov
Jones-Belanger-Hemsky
Smyth-VV-Eager/Brown/Petrell

The third line is going to struggle until Horcoff comes back no matter what but Hemsky is most capable of producing his own offense of anyone on the team. Yakupov is starting to look more comfortable out there and if we are going to be losing games anyway he might as well start developing chemistry with RNH rather than languishing in the Belanger triangle.

worraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 12:14 PM
  #186
plikestechno
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,677
vCash: 500
As things get worse, Kruger looks more lost and seems to be making worse decisions game by game.

My biggest problem with Kruger is that he plays favorites which is a quick way to lose a room. Whitney and yakupov get taken out to the shed while nick schultz, eberle, rnh get off scott free. You never hear a bad word about any of those guys and nick schultz has been complete junk this year. Petry has been awful until recently. At least whitney provides offense compared to schultz.

Also the last two ot pps we had the same unit out for the whole pp. Thatsbjust really bad coaching especially considering we could have out hall yaks and justin schultz in that 2nd unit. Then after that pp gagner and eberle were gassed for the rest of the ot.

plikestechno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 12:17 PM
  #187
backhandsauce
Registered User
 
backhandsauce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,761
vCash: 500
If Tambo gave Kruger some NHL players we wouldn't be having this discussion. Address some needs for **** sake's. Get on the phone and ask teams who is available.

Kruger is a good coach. He turned around the Swiss program and made them respectable. The players like Kruger.

This is all on Tambo's head.

backhandsauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 12:19 PM
  #188
plikestechno
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,677
vCash: 500
The players are fine. Kruger knows how to coach junk but he has no clue how to coach elite players. He coaches not to lose. In the nhl you have to coach to win.

plikestechno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 12:29 PM
  #189
Moose Coleman
Registered User
 
Moose Coleman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by plikestechno View Post
The players are fine. Kruger knows how to coach junk but he has no clue how to coach elite players. He coaches not to lose. In the nhl you have to coach to win.
LOL wut.

Moose Coleman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 12:37 PM
  #190
Tedi
Registered User
 
Tedi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,846
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by plikestechno View Post
The players are fine. Kruger knows how to coach junk but he has no clue how to coach elite players. He coaches not to lose. In the nhl you have to coach to win.
Isn't that the goal in any league

Tedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 12:47 PM
  #191
FunkyChicken
Dishonor for Connor
 
FunkyChicken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: 8 years and counting
Posts: 1,095
vCash: 500
After being badly outplayed two games in a row by the "worst" team in the NHL, the who to fire question has to be in play.

Ask the players (that's why we have captains and assistants). If they say coaching is the issue, fire Krueger. Lindy Ruff is available and has had a long history of achieving with small forwards. If they say that talent or team make-up is the issue, fire Tambo. Who in there right mind would pay a 4th (potentially 3rd round pick) for Brown or balk at Prust's $2.5M then sign Smyth to $2.25M? If they say both, then fire both.

FunkyChicken is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 12:57 PM
  #192
Tedi
Registered User
 
Tedi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,846
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyChicken View Post
After being badly outplayed two games in a row by the "worst" team in the NHL, the who to fire question has to be in play.

Ask the players (that's why we have captains and assistants). If they say coaching is the issue, fire Krueger. Lindy Ruff is available and has had a long history of achieving with small forwards. If they say that talent or team make-up is the issue, fire Tambo. Who in there right mind would pay a 4th (potentially 3rd round pick) for Brown or balk at Prust's $2.5M then sign Smyth to $2.25M? If they say both, then fire both.
Very rarely do teammates throw each other or their coach under the bus. My guess is that Hall, Eberle and RNH would shoulder the blame. Fans always want every trade and waiver wire player out there, the truth is most times than not the player on waivers is there for a reason. Tambo has work to do and there is still a glimmer of hope for this season. Expectations, rightfully so, have been raised for this season so another bottom 5 finsih should be met with a mgmt. firing...Tambo IMO.

Tedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 12:58 PM
  #193
Turrican*
Not a homer
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Stabmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,960
vCash: 500
Inocorrect.

CBJ beat the worst team in the NHL last night.

Turrican* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 12:59 PM
  #194
orangeshinpads
Katz isa manipulator
 
orangeshinpads's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 561
vCash: 500
I thought Krueger was doing well, and thought he'd be a good coach for a while. I still think it's possible, but at this point, I'm very dubious and confused. After such a bad game, to say to the media that it was a well-played game, and they deserved better is just wrong. This is a historical team with paying fans that care. Where is his head here? It's like watching the post game interviews of Ethan Moreau when the Oilers would get their butts kicked, and he'd mumble some stuff about how it was tough that they lost because they played 'okay', and he reckoned they might win the next one.

This is the game that made me decide to stop watching the Oilers for the first time ever in my 35 years, and he's saying they played well. Could we have a town hall style fan forum with he and Tambo up on stage answering fan questions please??

Angry

orangeshinpads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 01:31 PM
  #195
Grod
The New Era Lives On
 
Grod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,434
vCash: 500
I didn't understand Gagner and Eberle playing the full two minutes of the entire PP. I honestly think Yaks had a better chance of burying one after Eberles first miss. To make matters worse, Krueger sent these two back out after a short 30 second rest when they were clearly sinking at the end of their last shift. This effect was compounded when they hit the ice and ended up waddling around in their own zone with next to no legs as the Jackets practiced puck possession and shooting against what appeared to be an odd man Oilers squad. Quite bizarre decision making on Kruegers part.

It's obvious the Oilers are having breakout problems when teams pressure. I think his is the main thing he needs to address in practice. Just a suggestion. I'm really clueless at this stage. Team seems uninspired, zero confidence and a poor lack of understanding as to their linemates next move.

Grod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 02:28 PM
  #196
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 25,576
vCash: 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grod View Post
I didn't understand Gagner and Eberle playing the full two minutes of the entire PP. I honestly think Yaks had a better chance of burying one after Eberles first miss. To make matters worse, Krueger sent these two back out after a short 30 second rest when they were clearly sinking at the end of their last shift. This effect was compounded when they hit the ice and ended up waddling around in their own zone with next to no legs as the Jackets practiced puck possession and shooting against what appeared to be an odd man Oilers squad. Quite bizarre decision making on Kruegers part.

It's obvious the Oilers are having breakout problems when teams pressure. I think his is the main thing he needs to address in practice. Just a suggestion. I'm really clueless at this stage. Team seems uninspired, zero confidence and a poor lack of understanding as to their linemates next move.
They were getting chances I'm not going to complain.

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 02:52 PM
  #197
Dubnykov
Registered User
 
Dubnykov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,031
vCash: 500
I think RK needs to stop saying "we played a lot better this game than the last" but is still losing, you're only playing better if you go from a loss to a win. The Oilers need a new captain and it should be Smid, Gagner, or Hall because they seem to be the only players that actually care that they're losing and come out every night and not play "flat". And finally RK needs to give them a similar speech to renneys' millionaire speech that got the team energized again and actually trying to win more and not trying to lose by less.

Dubnykov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 04:03 PM
  #198
Grod
The New Era Lives On
 
Grod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,434
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
They were getting chances I'm not going to complain.
I understand that. My point was that they were over expended by playing that time and being involved in a shift shortly after. Almost a double shifting practice. In turn they ended up exhausted with rubber legs that left them chasing pucks around their own zone, unable to retrieve pucks and the Jackets getting all the latter scoring chances. Not a huge deal, just a fundamental error on Kriegers part in my opinion.

Grod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 04:04 PM
  #199
Grod
The New Era Lives On
 
Grod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,434
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicEric View Post
I think RK needs to stop saying "we played a lot better this game than the last" but is still losing, you're only playing better if you go from a loss to a win. The Oilers need a new captain and it should be Smid, Gagner, or Hall because they seem to be the only players that actually care that they're losing and come out every night and not play "flat". And finally RK needs to give them a similar speech to renneys' millionaire speech that got the team energized again and actually trying to win more and not trying to lose by less.
It's almost like he thinks his words of positivity are messages of denial and a lack of accountability.

Grod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 04:17 PM
  #200
SeriousBusiness
T.Hall da man
 
SeriousBusiness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,594
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leman Russ View Post
Inocorrect.

CBJ beat the worst team in the NHL last night.
Would you trade our current roster for theirs?

SeriousBusiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:55 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.