HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Craig Anderson

Old
12-01-2012, 07:40 PM
jiggy35

vCash: 500
Craig Anderson

He is my all-time favorite goalie (beside giguere/jiggy35 ) and I want him. So Sens fans, what do you want from the Leafs?

jiggy35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 07:43 PM
stempniaksen
Alright, I'm mad

vCash: 50
Phil Kessel +

Is that a fair trade? Absolutely not. Is it what it would take to trade our #1 goaltender to one of our biggest rivals. Heck yes.

stempniaksen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 07:44 PM
jiggy35

Quote:
Originally Posted by stempniaksen View Post
Phil Kessel +

Is that a fair trade? Absolutely not. Is it what it would take to trade our #1 goaltender to one of our biggest rivals. Heck yes.
I'd be willing to include Reimer (who is my 2nd favorite goalie) to give you guys a great 1-2-3 punch with Lehner, Bishop and Reimer. No other team in the league rolls 3 goalies, gives you a massive advantage with fatigue. I'd also add to Reimer because I like Anderson way more.

Old
12-01-2012, 07:45 PM
palindrom

i am working my way to become a sens fan, so i will be qualified to reply to your post.

palindrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 07:48 PM
HavlatMach9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggy35 View Post
I'd be willing to include Reimer
Anderson for Kadri?

Kessel is out of the question, we'd have to add Zibanejad or Silf to Anderson to get them to think about it.

Good goalies are difficult to acquire, but they don't have much value it seems in trades.

HavlatMach9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 07:57 PM
jiggy35

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavlatMach9 View Post
Anderson for Kadri?

Kessel is out of the question, we'd have to add Zibanejad or Silf to Anderson to get them to think about it.

Good goalies are difficult to acquire, but they don't have much value it seems in trades.
How about Anderson and Zibanejad for Reilly, Reimer, Franson, Lombardi + 2015 4th

Old
12-01-2012, 08:00 PM
BrickAHL
#AvaloungeRevolution

Quote:
I'd be willing to include Reimer (who is my 2nd favorite goalie) to give you guys a great 1-2-3 punch with Lehner, Bishop and Reimer. No other team in the league rolls 3 goalies, gives you a massive advantage with fatigue. I'd also add to Reimer because I like Anderson way more.
If Giggy is #1 and Andy is #2, how does that make Reimer #2?

BrickAHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 08:01 PM
jiggy35

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickAHL View Post
If Giggy is #1 and Andy is #2, how does that make Reimer #2?
If I wanted a math lesson I wouldnt have dropped out of school :yo

Old
12-01-2012, 08:24 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

Quote:
No one runs three goalies because it is dumb.

Qward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 08:25 PM
MAK19

Anderson for Jesse Blacker and a 2nd

MAK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 08:26 PM
OMadahey

Quote:
Ottawas not trading their goalie for another goalie , we have lehner and bishop for the future

OMadahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 08:27 PM
jiggy35

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
Anderson for Jesse Blacker and a 2nd
deal! I'm going to take this before you change your mind, ha ha ha.

Old
12-01-2012, 08:28 PM
MAK19

Actually, no, retracted, thinking about someone else lol

Old
12-01-2012, 08:29 PM
jiggy35

Quote:
Actually, no, retracted, thinking about someone else lol
Jerk I was so exitted!

Old
12-01-2012, 08:32 PM
MAK19

Honestly it would have to include Matt Finn otherwise it's not worth it for Ottawa

Old
12-01-2012, 08:38 PM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Quote:
deal! I'm going to take this before you change your mind, ha ha ha.
Sorry to rain on your parade, but don't put any stock whatsoever into anything MandyAlwaysKnows says about the Sens.

Quote:
Jerk I was so exitted!
Because had MAK not retracted the trade would have happened?

As to the OP, ask yourself this :

Think back to the days when the Leafs had a #1 goalie, like Belfour, or Joseph. What are the odds that you would have traded him to your most hated rival for anything short of a crippling overpayment? Not great I would imagine. Not to mention Andy was re-signed to bridge the gap to Lehner, and is doing an admirable job of that. We, for the first time in franchise history (arguably), other than a brief time with Hasek, have stability in net, and you want us to jettison that to bail out our most hated rival? And for what, Reimer (who can't start reliably for a lottery team) and a mid pick?

Sens say no thanks, AINEC.

internetdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 08:41 PM
MAK19

Quote:
Originally Posted by internetdotcom View Post
Sorry to rain on your parade, but don't put any stock whatsoever into anything MandyAlwaysKnows says about the Sens.

Because had MAK not retracted the trade would have happened?

As to the OP, ask yourself this :

Think back to the days when the Leafs had a #1 goalie, like Belfour, or Joseph. What are the odds that you would have traded him to your most hated rival for anything short of a crippling overpayment? Not great I would imagine. Not to mention Andy was re-signed to bridge the gap to Lehner, and is doing an admirable job of that. We, for the first time in franchise history (arguably), other than a brief time with Hasek, have stability in net, and you want us to jettison that to bail out our most hated rival? And for what, Reimer (who can't start reliably for a lottery team) and a mid pick?

Sens say no thanks, AINEC.
Lehner is better than Anderson right now. The gap no longer needs bridging, it's no longer there.

Old
12-01-2012, 08:44 PM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Quote:
Lehner is better than Anderson right now. The gap no longer needs bridging, it's no longer there.
You want us to throw a guy in there with what, 20 - 30 games experience as our starter on a team that made the playoffs last year and is looking to go further next season (whenever that is) ? That is a recipe for a lottery pick. Lehner may or may not be ready to back up in the NHL, he is nowhere near a proven #1. Heck, if you combine all the other goalies in our system together, they have nowhere near the NHL experience of Andy.

Andy goes nowhere without a goalie that is as good or better coming back (and not on a stupidly long contract, so no Luongo).

As for Lehner being better than Andy, I really like Lehner, but that is way, way off base and just plain wrong. He may end up better one day, but today is not that day.

internetdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 08:50 PM
MAK19

Quote:
Originally Posted by internetdotcom View Post
You want us to throw a guy in there with what, 20 - 30 games experience as our starter on a team that made the playoffs last year and is looking to go further next season (whenever that is) ? That is a recipe for a lottery pick. Lehner may or may not be ready to back up in the NHL, he is nowhere near a proven #1. Heck, if you combine all the other goalies in our system together, they have nowhere near the NHL experience of Andy.

Andy goes nowhere without a goalie that is as good or better coming back (and not on a stupidly long contract, so no Luongo).

As for Lehner being better than Andy, I really like Lehner, but that is way, way off base and just plain wrong. He may end up better one day, but today is not that day.
There is no question that Lehner is ready to back up, at the very least. Come on. He's arguably the best goalie outside the NHL. Come on.

So what if the Sens get a lottery pick... Anderson isn't taking this team to the promise land. You said it yourself he's a stopgate.

If Lehner flops (not likely), then there is Bishop. Chances of both completely flopping in the NHL are very slim.

Old
12-01-2012, 08:52 PM
jiggy35

Aren't you guys sort of rebuilding? Let Lehner take the reigns and in a few years he will be just as good as Anderson maybe.

Old
12-01-2012, 10:01 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Lol Anderson

Phion Keneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 10:46 PM
White Goodman
smell that fitness?

Anderson for Frattin + one of the goalies (Reimer or Scrivens)

White Goodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 10:48 PM
Zippy316

Quote:
No other team in the league rolls three goalies because it's an absolutely stupid idea. Only team that's dumb enough to do this is the Islanders, goalies need to play often or else they lose their stride. Very few goalies can come in after not playing for long stretches and put together a good game.

And correct me if I am wrong, if Ottawa is trading Anderson (which they most likely are not), they certainly don't want either Scrivens or Reimer. They have Bishop/Lehner. If they were trading Anderson, it would be to make those two the goaltenders. So, a trade involving Scrivens or Reimer is pretty much off the table...

Zippy316 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
Lol Anderson
lol this

81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 10:59 PM
MAK19