HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

MODS Please Close This Thread/ PLAYERS SEE NEW THREAD

Closed Thread

Old
12-04-2012, 01:13 AM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyedea View Post
Really? Even DD (New York) understands where I'm coming from.
It's not just me. Buffalo and Florida have both made comments about it.

12-04-2012, 01:14 AM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaffan16 View Post
Sounds like such an easy thing to do, but completely the opposite. Lucky that I didn't get put against him in reg. season haha
Bingo. I stood up for Winnipeg during the regular season until I played him in this 4 game series that we had. He went absolutely crazy with all these slap shots.

Old
12-04-2012, 01:16 AM
Sergei Berezin

I'm off for the night people. Be nice.

I'll deal with all this tmo.

Old
12-04-2012, 01:16 AM
nbradou

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDion03 View Post
You don't understand. All he does is slap it. And it works. Every time.. There's a reason he's sweeping people and he only lost 16 games this season with a terrible team like the Jets. Come on now.
If it was a glitch wrap around, or a goalie error when you shoot at a certain area, I'd understand. But he's right, it's a slap shot. Would you rather he backhanded every shot? And if what he said is true, and your getting doubled on TOA and TRIPLED in shots, then you will lose.

Old
12-04-2012, 01:17 AM
Predaleafs

Quote:
Bingo. I stood up for Winnipeg during the regular season until I played him in this 4 game series that we had. He went absolutely crazy with all these slap shots.
The problem is its slapshots. If he is constantly setting them up them i see where your coming from, but if he is using them and other things can`t really complain. But if say he has an open wrist shot but decides to pass it to get the slapshot that is kinda cheap. again you go with whats open. Havent played him only my 2 pennies

Old
12-04-2012, 01:17 AM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbradou View Post
If it was a glitch wrap around, or a goalie error when you shoot at a certain area, I'd understand. But he's right, it's a slap shot. Would you rather he backhanded every shot? And if what he said is true, and your getting doubled on TOA and TRIPLED in shots, then you will lose.
It works though, that's the problem. I counted 1st period 6 of his 7 shots were slap shots. Even in the slot. 2nd period it was 8 of 10. He doesn't always out shoot his opponents but he slap shots the hell out of the game. Every shot Blake Wheeler took in our series was a slapper.

Old
12-04-2012, 01:18 AM
Cor
Me Troll? Never

vCash: 72
Just a comment, and I don't really care about this either way, but maybe, just maybe, he's just good at the game?

Old
12-04-2012, 01:18 AM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predaleafs View Post
The problem is its slapshots. If he is constantly setting them up them i see where your coming from, but if he is using them and other things can`t really complain. But if say he has an open wrist shot but decides to pass it to get the slapshot that is kinda cheap. again you go with whats open. Havent played him only my 2 pennies
He does it whenever he can. He does it from the middle of the slot. He does it on a semi-break. He does it all the time. It's actually ridiculous. You think people would be complaining if it wasn't? Like really?

Old
12-04-2012, 01:19 AM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cor99 View Post
Just a comment, and I don't really care about this either way, but maybe, just maybe, he's just good at the game?
Yeah he's good at the game. But he's also good at scoring the same goals over and over again and slap shotting it over and over again. If you played him in a series, you'd understand.

Old
12-04-2012, 01:19 AM
nbradou

Quote:
Really? Even DD (New York) understands where I'm coming from.
I get why you'd be mad if a lot of clappers go in, but how is he able to take them all? Is he taking shot after shot from the blueline?

Old
12-04-2012, 01:20 AM
alcanalz
whys and wherefores

vCash: 560
Quote:
It's not just me. Buffalo and Florida have both made comments about it.
But only you have whined about it, and now Chicago.

I just outshot you 24-10 with double the time on attack and I won 5-1. One goal was a slapshot, a point shot from Bogosian, who has a cannon. That was utter domination, not some exploit.

I score tons of slap shot goals... but tons of every type of goal. People will whine about anything once they're losing. It's always something. I don't care. The fact of the matter is, I'm outplaying you. That's why you're losing. That's why you lost NYR. That's why you got swept. Tell yourself whatever you have to for your ego's sake.

And really, nobody complained about my supposed cheap exploit shooting the puck goals before, but now that I'm eliminating people, it's a big deal. Surprise surprise, people get upset when they lose and look to blame something... other than themselves.

Edit: Funny that DirtyDion should mention scoring the same goal over and over again. Walk in with Crosby and rip it top corner or sneak in with St. Louis and do the two-move "exploit" and score, what's it going to be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaffan16 View Post
Sounds like such an easy thing to do, but completely the opposite. Lucky that I didn't get put against him in reg. season haha

Cor99, getting off now so if you reply for pms I won't see it until 8ish in the morning. Good night everybody.
We did play.

Old
12-04-2012, 01:20 AM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

Quote:
I get why you'd be mad if a lot of clappers go in, but how is he able to take them all? Is he taking shot after shot from the blueline?
No he takes them from everywhere.. Every time.

Lol you "out-played" me by scoring the same goals. And you know it too. I out-played you both times in New York. Game 4 I was up 3-0 nothing into the 3rd. You came back with the exact same slap shot goals and then you scored a penalty shot with Bogosian in OT.. Out-played okay. And Florida and Buffalo both made comments about you slap shotting it.

Old
12-04-2012, 01:21 AM
Cor
Me Troll? Never

Final Score is 5-1 WPG.

Probably looking at a sweep since Hawks is missing Toews

Old
12-04-2012, 01:21 AM
nbradou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predaleafs View Post
What? If I had an open slap shot, but decided to take a wrist shot, would that be cheap as well? Come on mayn!!

Old
12-04-2012, 01:24 AM
Eyedea
The Legend Continues

Quote:
No they're not always at the blueline, they come in the slot, at the circle, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcanalz View Post
But only you have whined about it, and now Chicago.

I just outshot you 24-10 with double the time on attack and I won 5-1. One goal was a slapshot, a point shot from Bogosian, who has a cannon. That was domination, not some exploit.

I score tons of slap shot goals... but tons of every type of goal. People will whine about anything once they're losing. It's always something. I don't care. The fact of the matter is, I'm outplaying you. That's why you're losing. That's why you lost NYR. That's why you got swept. Tell yourself whatever you have to for your ego's sake.

We did play.
I wasn't playing that game, my friend was. When we played everything besides our faceoffs (you were better in) and hits (I was better in) were similar, but you still ended up winning 4-1 with 3 slap shots and one backhand. The goals were just wonky, funky, whatever. I'm not entirely mad that you're winning, I'm just mad at how you're winning. Games are out of reach because you manage to score with guys like BOGO in the first couple of minutes of the game.

Old
12-04-2012, 01:26 AM
Predaleafs

Quote:
What? If I had an open slap shot, but decided to take a wrist shot, would that be cheap as well? Come on mayn!!
u misunderstood, if he comes in on a breakaway but decides to spin to set up a slap shot you cant defend that saying that happens all the time. Im not saying the type of shot, im sayin passing up open oppurtunitys to get a certain shot in is obviously cheap. As i said its my opinion cuz i never played him and if what he is saying about TOA is true than he is just really good, but passing up open spots for certain shots is obviously cheap.

How many times does Kessel come in on a break decide to stop in the corner,even though he is all alone so he can pass to phaneuf to get a slap shot? Thats my point.

Old
12-04-2012, 01:27 AM
nbradou

Quote:
It works though, that's the problem. I counted 1st period 6 of his 7 shots were slap shots. Even in the slot. 2nd period it was 8 of 10. He doesn't always out shoot his opponents but he slap shots the hell out of the game. Every shot Blake Wheeler took in our series was a slapper.
Blake Wheeler has an open wrist shot or an open clapper. WOULD YOU HONESTLY RATHER HE TAKE A WRISTER?? Same goes for Bogosian. What's the point of a wrist shot; a quick shot to surprise or get goals before the goalie is ready. What's the point of a slapper? Because it is a BETTER shot. It is faster and more difficult to stop. If he has the opportunity to take a superior option, you'd rather he go for the lesser choice? Honestly, if you are so enflamed about the idea that this guy is taking too many slappers, then there is only two things to do: i) deal with it, he's not doing anything glitchy or unfair ii)stop him from taking it.

Old
12-04-2012, 01:29 AM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

Quote:
Blake Wheeler has an open wrist shot or an open clapper. WOULD YOU HONESTLY RATHER HE TAKE A WRISTER?? Same goes for Bogosian. What's the point of a wrist shot; a quick shot to surprise or get goals before the goalie is ready. What's the point of a slapper? Because it is a BETTER shot. It is faster and more difficult to stop. If he has the opportunity to take a superior option, you'd rather he go for the lesser choice? Honestly, if you are so enflamed about the idea that this guy is taking too many slappers, then there is only two things to do: i) deal with it, he's not doing anything glitchy or unfair ii)stop him from taking it.
You don't understand. He takes them from every where every time he possibly can. It's not like he does it from the point or from the circle or off the rush. He always does the exact same shot. The slap shot to the same side and it always works. The point is that he always does it and it's just not a fun way to lose because it's the same goals.

Old
12-04-2012, 01:30 AM
alcanalz
whys and wherefores

vCash: 560
Quote:
No they're not always at the blueline, they come in the slot, at the circle, etc.

I wasn't playing that game, my friend was. When we played everything besides our faceoffs (you were better in) and hits (I was better in) were similar, but you still ended up winning 4-1 with 3 slap shots and one backhand. The goals were just wonky, funky, whatever. I'm not entirely mad that you're winning, I'm just mad at how you're winning. Games are out of reach because you manage to score with guys like BOGO in the first couple of minutes of the game.
Our game was closer, and the stats were relatively the same, but I still outchanced you (with 2 posts, one coming on a penalty shot and dying on the goal line) and I ended up with more goals. That happens.

And what, it's cheap that I score with Bogosian? Bogosian, who has 4 goals and is an 84?

Old
12-04-2012, 01:32 AM
Eyedea
The Legend Continues

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcanalz View Post
Our game was closer, and the stats were relatively the same, but I still outchanced you (with 2 posts, one coming on a penalty shot and dying on the goal line) and I ended up with more goals. That happens.
It's just a wonky style. I don't know, I've never seen someone score so many goals in a relatively short period of time this way. Everybody else generally plays the same style of game, and I just see you getting either 1)breakaway or 2)slap shot

And I just used Bogo as an example, I mean 26 goals and 70+ points in the regular season kind of just shows how effective he's been for you.

My friend just gave me a recap of the game so far: 5 goals on 8 shots? Sorry but what?

Old
12-04-2012, 01:33 AM
nbradou

Quote:
You don't understand. He takes them from every where every time he possibly can. It's not like he does it from the point or from the circle or off the rush. He always does the exact same shot. The slap shot to the same side and it always works. The point is that he always does it and it's just not a fun way to lose because it's the same goals.
Admittedly I've never played him, so perhaps my comments should be taken with a grain of salt. However I'd like to ask if you ever tried to take away that shot exclusively in a game? Did the result change if so?

Old
12-04-2012, 01:33 AM
Cor
Me Troll? Never

so..... weather was nice today eh?

Old
12-04-2012, 01:36 AM
nbradou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cor99 View Post
so..... weather was nice today eh?
Just beautiful! haha

Old
12-04-2012, 01:36 AM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

Quote:
It's just a wonky style. I don't know, I've never seen someone score so many goals in a relatively short period of time this way. Everybody else generally plays the same style of game, and I just see you getting either 1)breakaway or 2)slap shot
Quote:
Admittedly I've never played him, so perhaps my comments should be taken with a grain of salt. However I'd like to ask if you ever tried to take away that shot exclusively in a game? Did the result change if so?
Read what he said. It's what happens. You take away the slap shot and then he skates by your guys and does the backhand forehand move. Goal every time. See why it's lame? Because you try to adjust and he has another lame way of scoring a goal. There's a reason why he can score 9 goals and only lose 15 games with a terrible team like the Jets. Think about it.

Old
12-04-2012, 01:38 AM
Eyedea
The Legend Continues

He also just scored 6 goals on 9 shots right now.

Closed Thread