HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

MODS Please Close This Thread/ PLAYERS SEE NEW THREAD

Closed Thread

Old
12-04-2012, 11:13 AM
alcanalz
whys and wherefores

vCash: 193
Your brother and I played on the 21st of November, as I have his messages from that day. It was super laggy (my end).

I'm done, I just don't care enough to keep arguing so you guys can continue as long as you'd like without me. Sooner you guys get over losing, the happier everyone'll be.

Old
12-04-2012, 11:19 AM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

vCash: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by alcanalz View Post
Your brother and I played on the 21st of November, as I have his messages from that day. It was super laggy (my end).

I'm done, I just don't care enough to keep arguing so you guys can continue as long as you'd like without me. Sooner you guys get over losing, the happier everyone'll be.
I'm not sure why you think it's the losing that does it. I lost plenty all season. It's just the way you're making us lose. You're doing the same thing over and over again.. And yeah he played then but before that he wouldn't play you. He was done playing you and I think you guys played all of the 3 times in a 6 game set because you're in the same division.. It's not that you won, we knew that was happening. It's just if you scored different goals you wouldn't be hearing about this.

12-04-2012, 11:19 AM
joestud
GM CONN- REDWINGS

vCash: 500
hey Dion anyone available?

Old
12-04-2012, 11:20 AM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by joestud View Post
everyone does it guys just get over it.(everyone except me...see bottom of standings). No reason to keep this up its not gonna change anything. stop complaining and start planning for next year. 3 guys ganging up on another guy is just a waste of bandwith on the site and its filling up this thread to fast.

everyone just shutup
It ruins the league when you have to score 7 goals to win a game. Like you said you can't do it.. We want to make this a competitive league, not a glitch league. It's lame.

And everyone is available for the right price but Lundqvist and Crosby.

Old
12-04-2012, 11:21 AM
joestud
GM CONN- REDWINGS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDion03 View Post
It ruins the league when you have to score 7 goals to win a game. Like you said you can't do it.. We want to make this a competitive league, not a glitch league. It's lame.
understandable but its IMPOSSIBLE to Police, u just gotta live with it. But i dont wanna talk about it anymore

Old
12-04-2012, 11:22 AM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by joestud View Post
understandable but its IMPOSSIBLE to Police, u just gotta live with it.
No it's not impossible to police. If he's going to do the same goals and he's not going to change his style.. There needs to be consequences. He'll win next year too because he'll do the same thing then. And you'll have more people quitting because of the way he's winning.

Old
12-04-2012, 11:30 AM
korndog81

I'm dangling Edler 88 to see what I can get. I want a good forward comingback

Old
12-04-2012, 11:35 AM
NazemKadri43

Ill def be taking more slappers next season, never tried it.

Old
12-04-2012, 11:52 AM
Drop The Mits
Toronto Blue Dingers

I think I beat Winnipeg once, maybe twice during the season?? I don't know what the slapshot glitch goal is though. Unless its the short side clapper that makes the goalie kick out a huge rebound cause I know one of you guys do that all the time. Someone explain?

Old
12-04-2012, 12:06 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

If the game allows it then I don't see why he can't do it tbh.

It's unfair, but if he can do it so can everyone else.
EA has updated the game at least once, and the clappers are still in the game.

Same with the backhand forehand that everyone complains about. The point of the game is to score. So of course you are going to do what it takes to score.

I get pissed when people do the wind up shot against me, but then I just counter with my own or I just defend better.

Old
12-04-2012, 12:06 PM
Eyedea
96 from the left

vCash: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop The Mits View Post
I think I beat Winnipeg once, maybe twice during the season?? I don't know what the slapshot glitch goal is though. Unless its the short side clapper that makes the goalie kick out a huge rebound cause I know one of you guys do that all the time. Someone explain?
It's the short side shot that goes in, no rebound necessary.

Last edited by Eyedea: 12-04-2012 at 12:12 PM.
Old
12-04-2012, 12:09 PM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
If the game allows it then I don't see why he can't do it tbh.

It's unfair, but if he can do it so can everyone else.
EA has updated the game at least once, and the clappers are still in the game.

Same with the backhand forehand that everyone complains about. The point of the game is to score. So of course you are going to do what it takes to score.

I get pissed when people do the wind up shot against me, but then I just counter with my own or I just defend better.
So you want to make this a league where we score 18 goals a game? Like that argument is stupid. It's stupid we have to see a middle tier defenseman finish with 70+ points because he scores the same goals. It'd be different if he were just dominating people and winning outright. But he scores the same goals. We're going to have people quitting the league because you want everyone to glitch. And the only reason why you're saying that is because you're able to score 9 goals in a game too. If you couldn't score 9 goals in a game on a regular basis, it'd be different.

Old
12-04-2012, 12:15 PM
DogsFan*
GHG

These people defending it sound so stupid. "The game allows it" is not a good excuse at all. I can glitch out of the map in Call of Duty, but I don't, because it's not fair. I don't like people abusing cheap goals as you all know, it takes the fun away from the game. I like playing good hockey and competitive games, I don't want it to be a game where I just have to concentrate on not letting him get into a certain area because every shot goes in. It's obvious he's abusing it if he's scoring all these goals like you claim, otherwise why would he do it? Sure, he scores on wrist shots, but those wrist shots are set up by the opposition having to adjust to take away his slapshot exploit. I prefer to make good plays and passes, scoring on breakaways and nice shots. I don't skate up the ice with the intention of just getting to a certain spot because I know the puck goes in if I do that no matter what. It seems cheap to me. Winnipeg and I had pretty good games this season, he scored a lot from in the slot (much like Rangers with Crosby), but I remember him scoring a ton with Bogosian on slap shots as well.

Old
12-04-2012, 12:16 PM
DeputyMcLaren

At least you guys got to play your games lol.

Old
12-04-2012, 12:21 PM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogsFan View Post
These people defending it sound so stupid. "The game allows it" is not a good excuse at all. I can glitch out of the map in Call of Duty, but I don't, because it's not fair. I don't like people abusing cheap goals as you all know, it takes the fun away from the game. I like playing good hockey and competitive games, I don't want it to be a game where I just have to concentrate on not letting him get into a certain area because every shot goes in. It's obvious he's abusing it if he's scoring all these goals like you claim, otherwise why would he do it? Sure, he scores on wrist shots, but those wrist shots are set up by the opposition having to adjust to take away his slapshot exploit. I prefer to make good plays and passes, scoring on breakaways and nice shots. I don't skate up the ice with the intention of just getting to a certain spot because I know the puck goes in if I do that no matter what. It seems cheap to me. Winnipeg and I had pretty good games this season, he scored a lot from in the slot (much like Rangers with Crosby), but I remember him scoring a ton with Bogosian on slap shots as well.
See but atleast my goals that I score are realistic. If Crosby gets open in the slot, he's going to score goals. But I don't do it every single time. You don't have to watch for it every time because not every player on my team can score that goal. He can score the same goals no matter the player. Point proven with Bogosian having 70+ points and Jokinen winning the Conn Smythe. It's pretty obvious he's abusing it because he lost less then 20 games all season with a terrible team while scoring atleast 6 goals a game almost.

Old
12-04-2012, 12:22 PM
Predaleafs

Ok can we just stop this fighting. I see where both sides come from, yes it is in the game so how can we tell him not to do it, but its an exploit. Its kind of like being able to count cards in blackjack. If you know how to do it then its your choice to do it. The only real option here, as he wont be booted for it of course nor does he deserve to be, if you have a game against him and dont like how he plays dont play him.

Same situation as the phoenix thing. He plays 2v1 and 3v1 you dont like him let it sim.

Old
12-04-2012, 12:23 PM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predaleafs View Post
Ok can we just stop this fighting. I see where both sides come from, yes it is in the game so how can we tell him not to do it, but its an exploit. Its kind of like being able to count cards in blackjack. If you know how to do it then its your choice to do it. The only real option here, as he wont be booted for it of course nor does he deserve to be, if you have a game against him and dont like how he plays dont play him.

Same situation as the phoenix thing. He plays 2v1 and 3v1 you dont like him let it sim.
Yeah so from now on the playoffs with be simulated. Good idea.

Old
12-04-2012, 12:24 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
So you want to make this a league where we score 18 goals a game? Like that argument is stupid. It's stupid we have to see a middle tier defenseman finish with 70+ points because he scores the same goals. It'd be different if he were just dominating people and winning outright. But he scores the same goals. We're going to have people quitting the league because you want everyone to glitch. And the only reason why you're saying that is because you're able to score 9 goals in a game too. If you couldn't score 9 goals in a game on a regular basis, it'd be different.
Me and the Peg had a good game. A 2-1 SO game, and we are 2 of the top offensive teams in the league.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogsFan View Post
I could get out of ANY call of duty maps post updates.
I was a master of elevator glitches/bayonet jumps/elevators etc.

Until of course there was an update and they removed them.

EA has updated the game, and these "shots" are still possible. It's a freaking slap shot...of course it's going to go in if its properly placed with traffic in front of the goalie

It's like when the Jets versed the Leafs in real life. I remember Enstrom, And Buff wiring shots from the point nonstop. Pretty sure they won 5-1 or something against us

Old
Eyedea
96 from the left

Quote:

I mean I couldn't really sim in the Stanley Cup Finals though.

Old
nazem frattin

Hahaha u guys are just being stupid if i played him in a 7 game series i would defend against the way he plays
There is a way to stop anything u just need to find it so stop spaming in this thread about it and just play thr game

Old
12-04-2012, 12:26 PM
Eyedea
96 from the left

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazem frattin View Post
Hahaha u guys are just being stupid if i played him in a 7 game series i would defend against the way he plays
There is a way to stop anything u just need to find it so stop spaming in this thread about it and just play thr game
Really? Why didn't you advance to the SCF then?

Sorry but you don't know what you're talking about.

Old
12-04-2012, 12:27 PM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
Me and the Peg had a good game. A 2-1 SO game, and we are 2 of the top offensive teams in the league.
That was one game. Pretty sure your other games were like 7-4 and some other retarded scores. Doesn't matter..

Quote:
I could get out of ANY call of duty maps post updates.
I was a master of elevator glitches/bayonet jumps/elevators etc.

Until of course there was an update and they removed them.

EA has updated the game, and these "shots" are still possible. It's a freaking slap shot...of course it's going to go in if its properly placed with traffic in front of the goalie

It's like when the Jets versed the Leafs in real life. I remember Enstrom, And Buff wiring shots from the point nonstop. Pretty sure they won 5-1 or something against us
NHL had a curve shot that was evident in the past two years and they didn't fix it for 2 YEARS. Should we have let people curve shot it because they didn't fix it? Okay cool they were wiring point shots from the point non-stop but they aren't from the point. They are from every where, every time. It's different when EVERY player is slapping it.

Old
12-04-2012, 12:27 PM
Predaleafs

Quote:
Yeah so from now on the playoffs with be simulated. Good idea.
playoffs wouldnt sim, what do you suggest, booting him for taking slapshots? its a shot that many use so you dont like it dont play him. i have simmed all but 1 game vs phoenix this season because i dont like playing 3v1

Old
12-04-2012, 12:28 PM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyedea View Post
Really? Why didn't you advance to the SCF then?

Sorry but you don't know what you're talking about.
LOL no kidding. Love how people who haven't even played him are trying to explain that it's possible to stop. I said the EXACT same thing. I said there's a way to defend every goal in this game. But you can't defend every shot, and every one of his shots is pretty much a slap shot.

Old
12-04-2012, 12:28 PM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

Quote:
playoffs wouldnt sim, what do you suggest, booting him for taking slapshots? its a shot that many use so you dont like it dont play him. i have simmed all but 1 game vs phoenix this season because i dont like playing 3v1
Yeah so I'll lose in the playoffs because I don't want to play a kid who glitches, so instead of losing to glitch goals, I'll let the CPU lose for me.. Hardly anyone is going to play him next year. Ever think maybe he could stop doing the same goal? Every time he wasn't taking slap shots, he'd be losing. Then he'd go on a tirade of slap shots and come back and win.

Closed Thread