HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 NFL Season: Time for the playoff chase...or #1 draft pick chase

Closed Thread

Old
12-11-2012, 05:33 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Saugus
The defensive line is fine. It's the secondary that scares me. Any competent QB can take them apart, and often for big yardage plays.

The offensive line is bad for running, but Eli doesn't get sacked much so I guess they're ok. Hopefully Wilson's emergence will help the running game take off.

Old
12-11-2012, 06:59 AM
Bob Richards
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
Almost forgot to mention Gillbride. Still want him gone.

12-11-2012, 08:20 AM
Darius Dangleaitis
Padowan Kovalchuk

@PFF: 11 of Von Millers' sacks have come on 3rd or 4th down. Next best the 8 for Cameron Wake & 7 for Bruce Irvin.

DPOY

Old
12-11-2012, 08:29 AM
CerebralGenesis

Aldon Smith

Any good waiverwire value pickups this week? My lineup is essentially set for the playoff week, but it would be good to have some depth incase AJ Green or Demaryius Thomas gets injured picking up the dominoes order.

Old
12-11-2012, 11:32 AM
Darius Dangleaitis
Padowan Kovalchuk

Aldon Smith is the fourth-best player on that defense. If you put Miller in his spot, Von probably already has the sack record.

Old
12-11-2012, 11:57 AM
apice3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius Dangleaitis View Post
Aldon Smith is the fourth-best player on that defense. If you put Miller in his spot, Von probably already has the sack record.
I agree that Miller is better, but being the 4th best on a defense shouldn't be the reasoning. The defense is stacked.

If you put Andre Johnson on the Lions, he'd be the 2nd best receiver. Wouldn't make his stats any less impressive.

Old
12-11-2012, 12:29 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
Bears season continues to turn into a nightmare

K Robbie Gould goes on IR ,,, Bears bring in K Olindo Mare who beat out Billy Cundiff for spot

Old
12-11-2012, 12:31 PM
Darius Dangleaitis
Padowan Kovalchuk

My point is that Smith is a cog in a finely-oiled machine, whereas Denver's defense is #3 in the league mostly because of Miller alone.

Occasionally Dumervil shows elite traits and Woodyard is a solid starter, but Von isn't lining up next to Justin Smith, Navarro Bowman and Patrick Willis. Could you imagine if he was?

Old
12-11-2012, 12:34 PM
CerebralGenesis

Before I decide whether to participate in this, waiverwire pickups... I would call myself a casual fantasy footballer and money is on the line.

Old
12-11-2012, 12:43 PM
Darius Dangleaitis
Padowan Kovalchuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerebralGenesis View Post
Before I decide whether to participate in this, waiverwire pickups... I would call myself a casual fantasy footballer and money is on the line.
I can't think of anyone with legendary sleeper status that would be available at this point, but I'll go by who I've seen on my waiver wires:

A. Boldin
T.Y. Hilton
Dallas Clark

Old
12-11-2012, 12:57 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

It depends how big your league is and how active. David Wilson is probably going to be a big waiver add cause Bradshaw is questionable and the Falcons' run D is bad, but in my league he's already rostered (thankfully not by the Bradshaw owner since I'm playing him this week).

Old
12-11-2012, 01:13 PM
CerebralGenesis

TY is a staple to my Flex spot. I'm too scared to play Cobb against the bears this week.

Made a claim for Wilson.

Speaking of the Niners D, how does starting Miami this week sound? I'm about to do it. I have the 49ers D but Tom Brady is scary in his Ugg boots.

Old
12-11-2012, 01:15 PM
apice3*

Quote:
My point is that Smith is a cog in a finely-oiled machine, whereas Denver's defense is #3 in the league mostly because of Miller alone.

Occasionally Dumervil shows elite traits and Woodyard is a solid starter, but Von isn't lining up next to Justin Smith, Navarro Bowman and Patrick Willis. Could you imagine if he was?
I agree but you can say that about a lot of players at a lot of positions for a lot of teams.

Old
12-11-2012, 01:21 PM
Darius Dangleaitis
Padowan Kovalchuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerebralGenesis View Post
TY is a staple to my Flex spot. I'm too scared to play Cobb against the bears this week.

Made a claim for Wilson.

Speaking of the Niners D, how does starting Miami this week sound? I'm about to do it. I have the 49ers D but Tom Brady is scary in his Ugg boots.
See if the Lions D is available - I'm in the same exact predicament with the Niners D, and Detroit is playing Arizona this week.

And speaking of our discussion:

@PFF: Not among top 3 candidates. RT @Fivstars: #Aldon Smith defensive player of the year hands down

The Pro Football Focus guys watch every snap of every game like fiends. About as reputable of an opinion as you'll find.

Old
12-11-2012, 01:25 PM
Jersey Man
Mad Dog

The RB Owen on JAX was a solid pickup for an emergency RB.

Old
12-11-2012, 01:31 PM
apice3*

Tagliabue officially rules that the Saints had a bounty system. Lifts all player suspensions and places all blame on the Saints organizaton.
Just adds more hate for Sean Payton than I already had.

Stay classy, Saints.

Old
12-11-2012, 01:39 PM
Jersey Man
Mad Dog

that situation is such a mess.

Old
12-11-2012, 01:49 PM
CerebralGenesis

Quote:
See if the Lions D is available - I'm in the same exact predicament with the Niners D, and Detroit is playing Arizona this week.

And speaking of our discussion:

@PFF: Not among top 3 candidates. RT @Fivstars: #Aldon Smith defensive player of the year hands down

The Pro Football Focus guys watch every snap of every game like fiends. About as reputable of an opinion as you'll find.
Lions D? Interesting.

and I had Aldon, Watt, and Miller as the 3.

Old
12-11-2012, 01:58 PM
Darius Dangleaitis
Padowan Kovalchuk

I can't see the Niners getting more points against the Pats than the Lions against the Cards.

With my luck, though, Willis will Bane Brady over his leg on the first play of the game.

Old
12-11-2012, 03:37 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

I'm undecided on my team D this week too. I currently have Cinci (picked them up before Foles had his big game last week), should I switch off and get a Miami or Detroit?

Old
12-11-2012, 03:51 PM
apice3*

I would go with 49ers D vs Pats instead of Lions D vs. Cardinals personally.

A great defense can, and usually does, neutralize/contain a great offense. Playing a bad defense vs. a bad offense is a gamble. I would only play the Lions if your normal starting D is mediocre to begin with, and in this case it's not.

Lions haven't held an opponent to less than 24 points since October 22. They've only held their opponents to less than 20 points once all season, against the Bears in a game wear Cutler wasn't 100%. And they still had 0 takeaways in that game.

I wouldn't trust the Lions defense at all. 26th in points allowed, 20th in interceptions, 15th in sacks, 24th in fumble recoveries, 0 safeties, 0 defensive TD's on the year.

Old
12-11-2012, 04:36 PM
DKQ
Generic User Title

Watt and Miller are clearly the 1 and 2 for DPOY, in some order. In the next tier you have guys like Luke Kuechly, Aldon Smith and Charles Tillman.

Old
12-11-2012, 04:38 PM
DKQ
Generic User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
I would go with 49ers D vs Pats instead of Lions D vs. Cardinals personally.

A great defense can, and usually does, neutralize/contain a great offense. Playing a bad defense vs. a bad offense is a gamble. I would only play the Lions if your normal starting D is mediocre to begin with, and in this case it's not.

Lions haven't held an opponent to less than 24 points since October 22. They've only held their opponents to less than 20 points once all season, against the Bears in a game wear Cutler wasn't 100%. And they still had 0 takeaways in that game.

I wouldn't trust the Lions defense at all. 26th in points allowed, 20th in interceptions, 15th in sacks, 24th in fumble recoveries, 0 safeties, 0 defensive TD's on the year.
Did you not watch the Pats absolutely light up the Texans last night? I'd say there's a greater chance that Brady puts up 30 on SF than whoever Arizona starts puts up 30 on Detroit.

Old
12-11-2012, 04:57 PM
apice3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropkickQuinn View Post
Did you not watch the Pats absolutely light up the Texans last night? I'd say there's a greater chance that Brady puts up 30 on SF than whoever Arizona starts puts up 30 on Detroit.
The Texans aren't the same defense without Cushing, the Patriots caught a lot of lucky bounces, and the Texans seemingly gave up halfway through. And even if you don't take these things into serious considerations, the 49ers defense is miles ahead of the Texans'

I'm not saying I expect the 49ers defense to put up a 20 fantasy point effort, but I really don't expect the Lions to do anything, considering they haven't really done anything all season.

Old
12-11-2012, 06:42 PM
Zubrus Coffee Maker
Blinded by my Zubrus

Quote:

sure, those guys would've stolen more sacks from Miller than they'd get him

Closed Thread