HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 NFL Season: Time for the playoff chase...or #1 draft pick chase

Closed Thread

Old
12-24-2012, 03:33 PM
DatBoyJPP
Good Night

vCash: 500
What about it? He's never won a season award and shouldn't have.

Old
12-24-2012, 03:39 PM
apice3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatBoyJPP View Post
Luck has been under 50% completions the last few games right? At this point they have abandoned the run and inflated his numbers. I've been on the Luck bandwagon but Wilson has won the award the past 3 weeks.
Abandoned the run game? Are you kidding?

Pass plays vs run plays for the Colts the last 3 games:
34-30
27-25
35-26

Total: 96 pass, 81 run. 54% pass. Yep, they abandoned it to inflate his stats

Old
12-24-2012, 03:41 PM
apice3*

Quote:
What about it? He's never won a season award and shouldn't have.
I recall you going on a tirade last season about Eli Manning's elite status because of his ability to win in the 4th quarter.

Old
12-24-2012, 03:55 PM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
when did Russell WIlson almost lose his job?

Old
12-24-2012, 03:55 PM
DatBoyJPP
Good Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
Abandoned the run game? Are you kidding?

Pass plays vs run plays for the Colts the last 3 games:
34-30
27-25
35-26

Total: 96 pass, 81 run. 54% pass. Yep, they abandoned it to inflate his stats
I just figured they did because the team can't run for ****. Doesn't excuse his completion percentage though.

Quote:
I recall you going on a tirade last season about Eli Manning's elite status because of his ability to win in the 4th quarter.
K. What does that have to do with winning awards?

Old
12-24-2012, 04:05 PM
apice3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zajacs Bowl Cut View Post
when did Russell WIlson almost lose his job?
Around 5 games in, media continuously questioned whether or not Wilson would be the starter. He wasn't particularly impressive. Less than 200 yards for 4 games to start the season, more interceptions to TD's, etc. He has since turned it around.

I'm not hating on either Griffin or Wilson at this point. It's great that we could have 3 rookie QBs in the playoffs. I just think Luck has contributed more to his teams success than either other QB. Like I said, Wilson turned an expected playoff team into a better version of said playoff team. Griffin took a borderline playoff team into a team contending for the division. Luck took a 2-14 team (one of those wins came on a last second TD against Houston's backups) and turned them into a double digit win playoff team. That speaks more to me than any other rookie QB stat, especially considering the team is relatively unchaged as a whole aside from the QB position.

Edit: Just google searched for fun. WalterFootball, SportsIllustrated, and VegasInsider predicted the Colts at 5-11. CBS predicted 2-14.

Quote:
I just figured they did because the team can't run for ****. Doesn't excuse his completion percentage though.
Exactly my point. The team can't run the ball worth a damn. And the defense isn't particularly good at stopping anyone. And still the Colts are 10-5 with 7 game winning drives coming from Luck.

Quote:
K. What does that have to do with winning awards?
Has nothing to do with winning awards. Just seemed like a hypocritical comment coming from you.

Old
12-24-2012, 08:06 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Eli hasn't won any regular season awards, and he doesn't really deserve to against the competition he faces from better QBs, but he has won two Super Bowls and won the MVP in both of them. If that's the result of his clutchness, I'll take it, and so will Luck's fans, I'm sure.

Old
12-24-2012, 08:54 PM
StvBroDan
Let Go Devils

Washington Post and a few other sports writers have this opinion.

1.RGIII 2.Wilson 3.Luck would be my guess as to the finishing order.

Anybody who would vote for Luck (or Wilson) over RGIII just isn’t paying enough attention to the facts.

Indy has been outscored 329-371. They are as lucky as any 10-5 team you will find. Yesterday, Luck was 17 for 35 for 205 yards and the game-winning 4Q TD top beat KC 20-13. Great. Congratulations. But that’s a mediocre game against a horrible team. RGIII just dominates on passing numbers, even leaving out his rushing yardage.

There’s an unconscious linkage between them because they went 1-2 and have both had excellent seasons. IT’S NOT CLOSE. It’s RGIII.

I’d put Wilson in the real battle with RGIII with his 98.0 QB rating and 25-10 TD-to-INT ratio, plus his running and his team’s 10-5 record. I’d still go RGIII.

And what about Alfred Morris, especially if he gets 1,500 yards? Not for MVP but for 2nd or 3rd in MVP?

Old
12-24-2012, 09:42 PM
apice3*

No surprise the WASHINGTON Post has that opinion. Not sure how being outscored on the season is a knock on Luck. He's not out there playing defense.

The Alfred Morris comment hurt my head pretty badly.

Old
12-25-2012, 09:02 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Andrew Luck has little control over his team's defence letting him down.

Old
12-25-2012, 09:11 AM
Jersey Man
Mad Dog

Andrew Luck has no running back help.

RGIII - Morris
Wilson - Beast

All three QB's should be given it. They are all having amazing seasons.

Old
12-25-2012, 11:57 AM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
I would give OROY to Wilson

But I expect RGIII will get the award because of his impact and media attention. Him and Shanny reviving the Skins franchise especially giving them there best QB/coach combo in a longtime will earn them there awards

RGIII = OROY
Shanny = COY

Old
12-25-2012, 12:26 PM
davebenj

Btw, am I alone in this thought process here or should the Giants really consider moving on from Caughlin? (they never will, they're loyal to a fault) I didn't really think about it much but the interview he gave recently where he said he didn't have any answers to the team's poor play really turned my off.

Old
12-25-2012, 12:38 PM
Wingman77
Glory Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by davebenj View Post
Btw, am I alone in this thought process here or should the Giants really consider moving on from Caughlin? (they never will, they're loyal to a fault) I didn't really think about it much but the interview he gave recently where he said he didn't have any answers to the team's poor play really turned my off.
That is the way it goes sometimes - sometimes so much bad happens consistently (as it has for the Giants this December) it gets to the point where you can't explain what the hell is going on, but he did say this was about not executing and in some ways above x's and o's

Coughlin is not to blame, we have a weak RB and DB corps and it's shown its true colors a lot this season and our offensive game plan has been the same old **** with Gillbride that its been for years and its beyond old at this point - Perry Fewell and his defense? Even worse, the D coverage has been awful every week this season, the other team has had so much time and space to work with

Old
12-25-2012, 12:51 PM
DatBoyJPP
Good Night

I've said it earlier but Coughlin deserves more blame than he gets. This is the 3rd December collapse in 4 years. That said Coughlin, Fewell and the defensive backs are more to blame than him and all 3 need to be gone. The team desperately needs CB and OL in the draft.

Old
12-25-2012, 12:56 PM
Wingman77
Glory Days

Quote:
I've said it earlier but Coughlin deserves more blame than he gets. This is the 3rd December collapse in 4 years. That said Coughlin, Fewell and the defensive backs are more to blame than him and all 3 need to be gone. The team desperately needs CB and OL in the draft.
Coughlin gets plenty of blame especially this time of the year every year, some of it warranted, some of it not so much

Who do people that want him canned, want to bring in that will do a better job than Coughlin and will get as much out of his teams each year than he has?

Old
12-25-2012, 01:18 PM
apice3*

Could flirt will Bill Cowher if he wanted to come back.

Wade Philips could get some attention this year with what he's done in Houston.

Andy Reid is also an option but I doubt Giants fans would want him.

Old
12-25-2012, 01:48 PM
DatBoyJPP
Good Night

I don't want Coughlin canned yet. I want to see what he can do with a non-braindead OC next year first

Old
12-25-2012, 01:52 PM
davebenj

Quote:
I don't want Coughlin canned yet. I want to see what he can do with a non-braindead OC next year first
Fair enough. I just wish he would give younger players a chance and not be so quick to bench them in favor of veterans who might not be playing very well. But yeah, Gilbride and Fewell don't let the door hit you in the rear on the way out

Old
12-25-2012, 02:00 PM
StvBroDan
Let Go Devils

Quote:
No surprise the WASHINGTON Post has that opinion. Not sure how being outscored on the season is a knock on Luck. He's not out there playing defense.

The Alfred Morris comment hurt my head pretty badly.
WASHINGTON POST AND A FEW OTHERSread further then what you want to comment on.

Old
12-25-2012, 02:05 PM
StvBroDan
Let Go Devils

Coughlin doesn't play in the game. I'm not a big fan but he seems to take more then his share of the blame. If any coach should have been gone three years ago its Andy. Giants would not consider Andy.

Old
12-25-2012, 03:14 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davebenj View Post
I don't think there is a better option right now, and you don't sack a coach just a year after a SB win.

Quote:
Could flirt will Bill Cowher if he wanted to come back.

Wade Philips could get some attention this year with what he's done in Houston.

Andy Reid is also an option but I doubt Giants fans would want him.
No, no, and hell no.

Old
12-25-2012, 03:16 PM
Officer Rod Farva
Do You Even Lift Bro

No coach in the world can fix the last two weeks. The players didn't execute whatever game plan the coaches implemented.

Old
12-25-2012, 03:18 PM
Getzo5
The Punisher

I think I have an important announcement to make. After approximately two and a half seasons I`ve finally made my decision. Despite everything I said prior to this day, I picked the Seahawks, not the Niners.

I`m still satisfied with the decision I made last year and even if I could turn back time, I would have still done the same thing. Out of the teams that got into the postseason, the Niners were (by far) the most likeable team from my perspective. Personnel-wise, coaching-wise and style-wise.

That being said, despite falling in love with many players on the Niners` roster or their playbook, I`ve never really felt connected to them, at least from the emotional standpoint. I sure as hell rooted for them hard against the Pats or Steelers, but that doesn`t really count since I dislike both with passion. Throughout the process of finding a team of my own I`ve always kept my eye on the Seahawks. The reason was simple - Lynch. My best buddy is a Sabres/Bills fan, so I knew about him even before I started watching the NFL with regularity. I didn`t really cared for them at first, but I was eager to see what they`ll do entering this year.

Meanwhile, I guess I kind of forced myself into wanting to root for the Niners. I mean, it`s tough not to. Especially when you`re "new" to the game of football. Such a good team with so many interesting formations you can learn from. But I`ve continued to watch both teams week in week out. The first time they played each other I felt neutral, that was the first sign for me. I actually didn`t feel like celebrating after the win. Another sign was when the Niners went into OT with the Rams. I felt nothing. I`m watching the Sunday`s game at the moment. I`m barely 20 minutes in and I already know my San Francisco fandom is falling apart. The score has nothing to do with it. When I watch Seattle, I simply feel the same way I felt about New Jersey back in the day.

So here I stand, as a Seahawks fan. Time to put this chapter behind me and move forward.

As for the rookie QB debate, I would probably still vote for Luck. But Wilson deserves more than a ton of credit for what he`s been able to accomplish.

Old
12-25-2012, 03:44 PM
apice3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by StvBroDan View Post
WASHINGTON POST AND A FEW OTHERSread further then what you want to comment on.
Didn't realize I needed to reply to every single portion of your post. I'll remember next time.

Closed Thread