Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > QMJHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Ryan Tesink

Old
11-30-2012, 02:12 AM
h22prelude93

vCash: 500
Ryan Tesink

Just wondering if anyone who watches Saint John could give me a report on Ryan Tesink? I noticed he is doing pretty good stat wise this season(25GP 16+16 32PT +13). Also, I know he is currently listed as a winger, but can he play center as well? Thanks.

h22prelude93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 05:40 PM
Nbhabfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by h22prelude93 View Post
Just wondering if anyone who watches Saint John could give me a report on Ryan Tesink? I noticed he is doing pretty good stat wise this season(25GP 16+16 32PT +13). Also, I know he is currently listed as a winger, but can he play center as well? Thanks.
He is a heart & soul kinda player, good skater, has very good hockey sense, can be creative with the puck & knows where to go, but 3rd line NHLer would be his plateau (but only if he gains 30 pounds, some muscle, & survives the AHL if he ever gets that far). Good on the penalty kill, & can force & seize an offensive opportunity while on the kill. Is still very slight & puts himself in harms way regularly along the wall, drawing many boarding & hits to the head calls, & I worry that at some point he's going to get himself killed from getting drilled. And everyone tries to drill him as he is a world class chirper (& embellisher if that's a word). It is not unusal to see 2 or 3 opponents trying to get at him after whistles, or in traffic in front of the benches when they are changing on the fly. He is playing mostly on the first line this year as the Seadogs are in a transition year, & he does have the smarts to see the holes for both himself & his teammates & gets himself or the puck there. There will be many teams looking to pick him up at the deadline as he is the type of guy that teammates love & opponents really hate. He is a Saint John boy & I'd hate to see him go, if he's not moved, he'll be captain material next year.

Nbhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 05:44 PM
Nbhabfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by h22prelude93 View Post
He has the speed & smarts to play centre, & I think started the year on the second line as a centre, but has been moved back to wing on the top line, also isn't particularly good in the faceoff circle (60/149 this year, 22/68 last year)

Nbhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 09:10 PM
h22prelude93

Excellent, Thank you very much.

h22prelude93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 01:32 PM
Crumblin Erb Brooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nbhabfan View Post
He is a heart & soul kinda player, good skater, has very good hockey sense, can be creative with the puck & knows where to go, but 3rd line NHLer would be his plateau (but only if he gains 30 pounds, some muscle, & survives the AHL if he ever gets that far). Good on the penalty kill, & can force & seize an offensive opportunity while on the kill. Is still very slight & puts himself in harms way regularly along the wall, drawing many boarding & hits to the head calls, & I worry that at some point he's going to get himself killed from getting drilled. And everyone tries to drill him as he is a world class chirper (& embellisher if that's a word). It is not unusal to see 2 or 3 opponents trying to get at him after whistles, or in traffic in front of the benches when they are changing on the fly. He is playing mostly on the first line this year as the Seadogs are in a transition year, & he does have the smarts to see the holes for both himself & his teammates & gets himself or the puck there. There will be many teams looking to pick him up at the deadline as he is the type of guy that teammates love & opponents really hate. He is a Saint John boy & I'd hate to see him go, if he's not moved, he'll be captain material next year.
Wont he be AHL eligible next season?

Good to hear he is doing well, he sounds like he should end up somewhere between a Tim Kennedy (Very good AHL player) or Tyler Kennedy/Sobotka (injury prone undersized energy guy with skill).

I was surprised when the Blues got him in the 6th, as at least a couple draft previews had him in their Top 60 or so players. I assume it was his size, and that could still be a big issue for him. St Johns has him at 166, he needs to be able to put on and sustain another 15-20 lbs at minimum to stand a chance in the NHL, especially for someone who likes to grind it out.

Crumblin Erb Brooks is offline   Reply With Quote