HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Central Europe
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Central Europe Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland, Hungary, Italy

U-18 WC: Roster Talk

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-04-2015, 05:24 AM
  #1
Swipes
Registered User
 
Swipes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 846
vCash: 1600
U-18 WC: Roster Talk

I just read an article on Zacha and how he'll try to come for the U-18 WC if he can make it (PO dependent). It got me thinking about the team we could build this year and how strong it would be compared to last year's team.

So here's a possible roster:

Goalies

Daniel Vladar '97
Ales Stezka '97
Jan Ruzicka '97

Defensemen

Jakub Zboril '97
Lukas Doudera '98
Libor Hajek '98
Petr Kalina '97
Daniel Krenzelok '97
Martin Weinhold '97
Vojtech Budik '98
Rostislav Snajnar '97
Ondrej Vala '98
Filip Hronek '97

Forwards

David Kase '97
Pavel Zacha '97
Michael Spacek '97
Filip Chlapik '97
Filip Suchy '97
Jan Dufek '97
Simon Stransky '97
Lukas Jasek '97
Lukas Andel '97
Tomas Soustal '97
Roman Dymacek '97
Radek Koblizek '97
Matous Belohorsky '98
Filip Dvorak '97
Filip Zadina '99


Possible lines (my first attempt lol, so apologies if I put players in their wrong position )

Koblizek-Zacha-Spacek
Dufek-Kase-Suchy
Stransky-Chlapik-Jasek
Andel-Soustal-Dymacek
Zadina

Zboril-Weinhold
Krenzelok-Kanak
Hajek-Doudera
Budik

Looks like a pretty good team to me, good goalies, decent defence and nice centre depth.

Comments/criticisms?

Final Roster:

Goaltenders (3):
Daniel Vladař (Kladno), Aleš Stezka (Liberec), Jan Růžička (Ml. Boleslav).

D-men (9):
Jakub Zbořil (Saint John, QMJHL), Libor Hájek (Kometa Brno), Petr Kalina (Sparta Praha), Marian Adámek (Třinec), Vojtěch Budík (Pardubice), Filip Hronek (Hradec Králové), Daniel Krenželok (Val-d´Or, QMJHL).

Forwards (15):
David Kaše (Chomutov), Michael Špaček (Pardubice), Pavel Zacha (Sarnia, OHL), Adam Chlapík (Charlottetown, QMJHL), Šimon Stránský (Prince Albert, WHL), Tomáš Šoustal (Kelowna, WHL), Lukáš Jašek (Třinec), Radek Koblížek (Oulu, Finsko), Lukáš Anděl (Jihlava), Jan Dufek, Filip Dvořák (oba Kometa Brno), Filip Suchý (Plzeň), Aleš Furch (Slavia Praha), Martin Svoboda, Ondřej Procházka (oba Sparta Praha).

Soustal and Chlapik are in the playoffs atm.


Last edited by Swipes: 04-12-2015 at 05:42 AM. Reason: Updating Roster
Swipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2015, 09:17 AM
  #2
Vogel
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 59
vCash: 500
The Czech team will be very strong with a good shot at medal (gold medal). Also we have a lot of players in CHL (Chlapik, Krenzelok, Soustal, Stransky, Zacha, Zboril) so the question is their availability (contract with CSLH).
I predict pretty similar roster (if all players are available and healthy). I am not sure that Budik will make it. He was injured a long time. And I think Kalina will be there (maybe instead of Kanak). I would switch Koblizek with Stransky, add Filip Dvorak – Filip Zadina won’t make the team. And the 4th line has a lot of options.

Vogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2015, 09:19 AM
  #3
joey16
Registered User
 
joey16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 738
vCash: 500
If all players are available then it looks like a solid team. Maybe little worry about our defense (what else ) since we don't have many good '97 defensemen except for Zboril (and he may not be available). On the other hand there are quite good D players in '98 group. Also I think Rostislav Snajnar has a good chance to make it.

joey16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2015, 03:19 PM
  #4
Vogel
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 59
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vogel View Post
The Czech team will be very strong with a good shot at medal (gold medal). Also we have a lot of players in CHL (Chlapik, Krenzelok, Soustal, Stransky, Zacha, Zboril) so the question is their availability (contract with CSLH).
I predict pretty similar roster (if all players are available and healthy). I am not sure that Budik will make it. He was injured a long time. And I think Kalina will be there (maybe instead of Kanak). I would switch Koblizek with Stransky, add Filip Dvorak – Filip Zadina won’t make the team. And the 4th line has a lot of options.
I have to change my opinion. Budik was our best defenseman at the U18 Five Nations Tournament

Vogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2015, 03:41 PM
  #5
Swipes
Registered User
 
Swipes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 846
vCash: 1600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vogel View Post
I have to change my opinion. Budik was our best defenseman at the U18 Five Nations Tournament
Haha, there is still some time until the tournament starts though!

Swipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2015, 03:07 PM
  #6
Czechexpert
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 932
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vogel View Post
I have to change my opinion. Budik was our best defenseman at the U18 Five Nations Tournament
I´m convinced that Ondrej Vala will make the team, he isn´t much worse than Budik who was one of the top D in entire tournament.
Filip Hronek is almost lock to be on team, he is the best PP defenseman and improved his defensive game a lot. On the other hand Doudera is too slow, unable to catch the pace of international game. Those games are faster than Czech Extraleague.

Czechexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2015, 03:27 PM
  #7
Czechexpert
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 932
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swipes View Post
I just read an article on Zacha and how he'll try to come for the U-18 WC if he can make it (PO dependent). It got me thinking about the team we could build this year and how strong it would be compared to last year's team.

So here's a possible roster:

Goalies

Daniel Vladar '97
Ales Stezka '97
Jan Ruzicka '97

Defensemen

Jakub Zboril '97
Lukas Doudera '98
Libor Hajek '98
Petr Kalina '97
Lukas Kanak '97
Daniel Krenzelok '97
Martin Weinhold '97
Josef Zajic '97
Vojtech Budik '98
Daniel Klimecky '97
Rostislav Snajnar '97

Forwards

David Kase '97
Pavel Zacha '97
Michael Spacek '97
Filip Chlapik '97
Filip Suchy '97
Jan Dufek '97
Simon Stransky '97
Lukas Jasek '97
Lukas Andel '97
Tomas Soustal '97
Roman Dymacek '97
Radek Koblizek '97
Matous Belohorsky '98
Filip Dvorak '97
Filip Zadina '99


Possible lines (my first attempt lol, so apologies if I put players in their wrong position )

Koblizek-Zacha-Spacek
Dufek-Kase-Suchy
Stransky-Chlapik-Jasek
Andel-Soustal-Dymacek
Zadina

Zboril-Weinhold
Krenzelok-Kanak
Hajek-Doudera
Budik

Looks like a pretty good team to me, good goalies, decent defence and nice centre depth.

Comments/criticisms?
Defense could be like this:

Weinhold - Hajek
Budík - Zboril
Hronek - Vala
Krenzelok/Snajnar/Kalina

It would be the best d-corp in years

Czechexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2015, 04:12 PM
  #8
Swipes
Registered User
 
Swipes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 846
vCash: 1600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Czechexpert View Post
Defense could be like this:

Weinhold - Hajek
Budík - Zboril
Hronek - Vala
Krenzelok/Snajnar/Kalina

It would be the best d-corp in years
I can't wait to see the '98 guys with the '97's at the WJC.....

EDIT: Roster updated to include Hronek and Vala.


Last edited by Swipes: 02-13-2015 at 04:17 PM.
Swipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2015, 04:31 PM
  #9
Czechexpert
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 932
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swipes View Post
I can't wait to see the '98 guys with the '97's at the WJC.....

EDIT: Roster updated to include Hronek and Vala.
Scratch Kanak, Zajic and Klinecky, they have basically zero chance to make it.

Czechexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2015, 04:37 AM
  #10
Vogel
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 59
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Czechexpert View Post
I´m convinced that Ondrej Vala will make the team, he isn´t much worse than Budik who was one of the top D in entire tournament.
Filip Hronek is almost lock to be on team, he is the best PP defenseman and improved his defensive game a lot. On the other hand Doudera is too slow, unable to catch the pace of international game. Those games are faster than Czech Extraleague.
I agree with you. Vala should make the team instead of Doudera (I was very disappointed with him). I think Hronek needs to improve his shooting but he deserves a spot.

Vogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2015, 04:22 PM
  #11
Czechexpert
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 932
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vogel View Post
I agree with you. Vala should make the team instead of Doudera (I was very disappointed with him). I think Hronek needs to improve his shooting but he deserves a spot.
I actually think that Hronek can shoot puck, he didn´t show it much at Five nation but I saw him shoot the puck well in domestic competition.

Czechexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2015, 03:12 PM
  #12
Vogel
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 59
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Czechexpert View Post
Defense could be like this:

Weinhold - Hajek
Budík - Zboril
Hronek - Vala
Krenzelok/Snajnar/Kalina

It would be the best d-corp in years
Vala obviously didn't make the team. He's going with U17 national team to Russia. By the way, the roster will be announced tomorrow.

Vogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2015, 10:12 AM
  #13
czechcanadian
Registered User
 
czechcanadian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 393
vCash: 500
Wow this team looks pretty good. Where will we place? Gold?

And an off topic question. Is Petr going to be the coach for U-20 or no? If not who is and are they a good coach?

czechcanadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2015, 11:13 AM
  #14
Swipes
Registered User
 
Swipes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 846
vCash: 1600
Quote:
Originally Posted by czechcanadian View Post
Wow this team looks pretty good. Where will we place? Gold?

And an off topic question. Is Petr going to be the coach for U-20 or no? If not who is and are they a good coach?
Petr has been confirmed as the coach. I posted a link to the article in the other thread: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...798929&page=20

Swipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2015, 10:28 PM
  #15
czechcanadian
Registered User
 
czechcanadian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 393
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swipes View Post
Petr has been confirmed as the coach. I posted a link to the article in the other thread: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...798929&page=20
Haha yeah i found that right after. Thanks man.

czechcanadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2015, 04:47 AM
  #16
DW81
Registered User
 
DW81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Brno
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 15
vCash: 500
Final roster:
¨
G:
Daniel Vladař (Kladno), Aleš Stezka (Liberec), Jan Růžička (Ml. Boleslav).

D:
Jakub Zbořil (Saint John, QMJHL), Libor Hájek (Kometa Brno), Petr Kalina (Sparta Praha), Marian Adámek (Třinec), Vojtěch Budík (Pardubice), Filip Hronek (Hradec Králové), Daniel Krenželok (Val-d´Or, QMJHL).

F:
David Kaše (Chomutov), Michael Špaček (Pardubice), Pavel Zacha (Sarnia, OHL), Filip Chlapík (Charlottetown, QMJHL), Šimon Stránský (Prince Albert, WHL), Tomáš Šoustal (Kelowna, WHL), Lukáš Jašek (Třinec), Radek Koblížek (Oulu, Finsko), Lukáš Anděl (Jihlava), Jan Dufek, Filip Dvořák (oba Kometa Brno), Filip Suchý (Plzeň), Aleš Furch (Slavia Praha), Martin Svoboda, Ondřej Procházka (oba Sparta Praha)

Soustal and Chlapik joins the team as ends in playoff CHL

Source: http://www.hokej.cz/osmnactka-ladila...-kanak/5007031


Last edited by DW81: 04-12-2015 at 04:54 AM.
DW81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2015, 05:40 AM
  #17
Swipes
Registered User
 
Swipes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 846
vCash: 1600
Quote:
Originally Posted by czechcanadian View Post
Haha yeah i found that right after. Thanks man.
No worries

Swipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2015, 06:53 AM
  #18
ThrashersfanSVK
@Jakub_Homola
 
ThrashersfanSVK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Bratislava, Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 453
vCash: 500
Omission of Weinhold is a huge surprise for me, although he didn't perform well in both games against Slovaks. Still I would rather see him making the team instead of Adámek or Krenželok.

ThrashersfanSVK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2015, 04:14 AM
  #19
Czechexpert
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 932
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrashersfanSVK View Post
Omission of Weinhold is a huge surprise for me, although he didn't perform well in both games against Slovaks. Still I would rather see him making the team instead of Adámek or Krenželok.
The biggest omission in my eyes is underage D Ondrej Vala. I would also prefer Weinhold(and Snajnar) over Adamek but the truth is that Weinhold´s game regressed since Hlinka Cup, he didn´t perform well in Vitkovice where he moved after withdrawal of Karlovy Vary from MHL.

Czechexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2015, 04:32 AM
  #20
ThrashersfanSVK
@Jakub_Homola
 
ThrashersfanSVK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Bratislava, Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 453
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Czechexpert View Post
The biggest omission in my eyes is underage D Ondrej Vala. I would also prefer Weinhold(and Snajnar) over Adamek but the truth is that Weinhold´s game regressed since Hlinka Cup, he didn´t perform well in Vitkovice where he moved after withdrawal of Karlovy Vary from MHL.
Cannot judge. I've seen Vála just three times, twice in U16 in April of last year, so it's not the best sample size, but I've heard lots of good stuff about him.

Maybe just Petr found it too risky to take 3 underagers to defense.

Anyway, at least Doudera did not make the team. I still can't understand, why he played in U18 this year and how it's possible that he also played in Extraliga.

ThrashersfanSVK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2015, 03:15 PM
  #21
hans26
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 123
vCash: 500
http://stats.iihf.com/SIHF/53/IHM053903_74_5_0.pdf
4:1 against SWE, Zacha with two goals, Kase 1+1, Spacek 0+2

hans26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2015, 04:05 PM
  #22
Swipes
Registered User
 
Swipes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 846
vCash: 1600
Quote:
Originally Posted by hans26 View Post
http://stats.iihf.com/SIHF/53/IHM053903_74_5_0.pdf
4:1 against SWE, Zacha with two goals, Kase 1+1, Spacek 0+2
The road to the gold medal begins!

Swipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2015, 02:42 PM
  #23
Vogel
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 59
vCash: 500
With 22 players on the roster, we have one spot left (Filip Dvorak not added). So Filip Chlapik is still in the mix - Charlottetown 3-0 down in the series, game 4 tomorrow.

Vogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2015, 05:41 AM
  #24
czechcanadian
Registered User
 
czechcanadian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 393
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swipes View Post
The road to the gold medal begins!
Is this just pre-competition so far?

czechcanadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2015, 07:14 AM
  #25
Swipes
Registered User
 
Swipes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 846
vCash: 1600
Quote:
Originally Posted by czechcanadian View Post
Is this just pre-competition so far?
Yes, but still, I feel hopeful

Swipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:14 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.